- 1,867 Posts. Joined 10/2010
- Location: England/Taiwan
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productASUS Xonar Essence STXtagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphonetagged by System, 7/20/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 2/15/11
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by System, 8/2/11
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 2/15/11
- brandMoon Audiotagged by System, 7/16/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 9/26/11
Related Forum Threads
- Going Audiophile For Gaming! Last post on 7/4/13 at 4:37pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- AD700 vs DT770 (any ohms) vs DT880 (any ohms,non-premium) vs DT990 (any ohms, non-premium)... Last post on 9/11/12 at 7:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- IEM guy needs recommendations for full size phones... Last post on 7/21/12 at 8:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- Please Help me choose a headphone from this website.... AH-D7000, HD650, DT880, DT990, T70 Last post on 5/22/16 at 6:38am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Mini reviews of headphones i auditioned Last post on 7/28/14 at 6:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
I bought these (at £150) expecting much but was shocked by how far they fell short of even competency. They are very uncomfortable, badly designed and the sound is really nothing special. Whatever...
Can’t believe nobody has commented on the lack of an extremely basic feature that exists on 99% of MP3 players but missing from this and many other Fiio units — which is the ability to bookmark....
Advanced AcousticWerkes Q: Deceptively Small The AAW Q is an upcoming IEM from Singaporean company Advanced AcousticWerkes, scheduled for release in the first week of September. It boasts a new...
Now that I've heard all the ADEL modules from Asius technologies(what has been released since 8/16), it's even harder to pick a favorite. Some days I want to tune the sound to my unique anatomy,...
The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread - Page 523post #7831 of 102477/18/14 at 7:31pmThe dt-880 are my favourite headphone that I own. If I were to buy another can, it would only be to get the t1....
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7832 of 102477/18/14 at 7:35pmpost #7833 of 102477/18/14 at 7:38pmQuote:
Same here but i gave up i can't find a store to let me try the T1 before i buy.So i decided to get the HDX50 my CRACK is on it's way.post #7834 of 102477/18/14 at 7:45pmpost #7835 of 102477/20/14 at 5:01pm
What kind of noise leakage does the DT 880 have? I know it'll be more than a closed back headphone, but I'm curious how it is in comparison to some typical fully open backed ones like the Sennheiser HD 600.
I live alone in a single apartment unit, top floor, but I sometimes listen to music very loudly, and I want to reduce the risk of a neighbor hearing. I did a test with some closed back headphones and about the max volume I'd put it at, and I could confirm no apparent leakage when in other units.post #7836 of 102477/20/14 at 5:18pmpost #7837 of 102477/20/14 at 6:56pmpost #7838 of 102477/20/14 at 7:24pm
If you're listening at very high volumes there's a big chance that you'll develop tinnitus, just a heads up..
Let me put it to you this way: They won't leak as much as a fully open headphone, but they also leak more than a closed back. So kind of in-between really.post #7839 of 102477/21/14 at 1:02pmQuote:
In my experience, they leak as much as my HD650, which are fully open.post #7840 of 102477/21/14 at 1:14pmQuote:
Depends very much on volume IME. If you are listening loud, it'll be more noticeable. But I get more leak from my HD600 at my quieter listening volumes than the DT880 at the same volume.post #7841 of 102477/22/14 at 5:45am
Hey guys - just paid for my DT880, now comes the wait for them to arrive!
Excited to join up, I'm reading very good things about these.
I did want to purchase the HD800 a while ago, but I'm starting to think that my thirst will be quenched by these instead..post #7842 of 102477/22/14 at 6:07amQuote:
Is it the premium edition that you have ordered ?
How much did you pay for these cans ??
Cheerspost #7843 of 102477/22/14 at 6:12ampost #7844 of 102477/22/14 at 7:36amQuote:
It is the premium version White Lotus purchased. Actually my old pair. And you won't believe the incredible deal Uncle H20 gave him.
post #7845 of 102477/22/14 at 8:03amQuote:
Ah, thought he had bought it new. :)
am on the lookout locally for some good offers on used ones to start with something in beyers.....not yet actively hunting in it.
- The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › Cowon PLENUE M2 32 seconds ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Problem with HD650 and Schiit Bimby + Lyr 2 Combination 1 minute ago
- › Source Volume Vs. Amp Volume 2 minutes ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 3 minutes ago
- › Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Sound Quality 4 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 5 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Comparison of 5 High End Digital Music Servers - Aurender... 5 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 9 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R1 Headphones by Mr Vicarious
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by greencalx
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ustinj
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › Shure SE215 by Nick Walters
- › E-mu Teak Headphones by AT Khan
- › Marshall Mode In-Ear Headphones, Black/White (4090939) by PopZeus
- › Pro-Ject Debut Carbon by davehg
- › Brainwavz Jive by Lurk650
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...