- 1,867 Posts. Joined 10/2010
- Location: England/Taiwan
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productASUS Xonar Essence STXtagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphonetagged by System, 7/20/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 2/15/11
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by System, 8/2/11
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 2/15/11
- brandMoon Audiotagged by System, 7/16/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 9/26/11
Related Forum Threads
- Going Audiophile For Gaming! Last post on 7/4/13 at 4:37pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- AD700 vs DT770 (any ohms) vs DT880 (any ohms,non-premium) vs DT990 (any ohms, non-premium)... Last post on 9/11/12 at 7:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- IEM guy needs recommendations for full size phones... Last post on 7/21/12 at 8:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- Please Help me choose a headphone from this website.... AH-D7000, HD650, DT880, DT990, T70 Last post on 10/20/11 at 8:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Mini reviews of headphones i auditioned Last post on 7/28/14 at 6:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
For the money they are extremely comfortable, sound great plugged into my Onkyo TX-8255 receiver playing either music or watching videos from my pc through the Onkyo. I know you can spend many...
Intro: I'm not all too technical about sound (which explains only the bass/mid/treble; I still need to add my thoughts on soundstage though). It's pretty much whether I like a product or I...
MEE audio M6 Pro Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to MEE audio for the sample Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/806529/mee-audio-m6-pro-review-by-mark2410 Brief: A bargain...
Intro – There are many gadgets that are desirable but not practical; gadgets that are briefly enjoyed then forgotten over time. The RM1 is a very interesting product from Fiio that is quite the...
THIS IS MY FIRST REVIEW I bought this pair of earphones as a cheap alternative for my broken phone earphones. Once I bought it, I never heard of the brand SoundMagic before yet, and doubted the...
The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread - Page 523post #7831 of 101627/18/14 at 7:31pmThe dt-880 are my favourite headphone that I own. If I were to buy another can, it would only be to get the t1....
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7832 of 101627/18/14 at 7:35pmpost #7833 of 101627/18/14 at 7:38pmQuote:
Same here but i gave up i can't find a store to let me try the T1 before i buy.So i decided to get the HDX50 my CRACK is on it's way.post #7834 of 101627/18/14 at 7:45pmpost #7835 of 101627/20/14 at 5:01pm
What kind of noise leakage does the DT 880 have? I know it'll be more than a closed back headphone, but I'm curious how it is in comparison to some typical fully open backed ones like the Sennheiser HD 600.
I live alone in a single apartment unit, top floor, but I sometimes listen to music very loudly, and I want to reduce the risk of a neighbor hearing. I did a test with some closed back headphones and about the max volume I'd put it at, and I could confirm no apparent leakage when in other units.post #7836 of 101627/20/14 at 5:18pmpost #7837 of 101627/20/14 at 6:56pmpost #7838 of 101627/20/14 at 7:24pm
If you're listening at very high volumes there's a big chance that you'll develop tinnitus, just a heads up..
Let me put it to you this way: They won't leak as much as a fully open headphone, but they also leak more than a closed back. So kind of in-between really.post #7839 of 101627/21/14 at 1:02pmQuote:
In my experience, they leak as much as my HD650, which are fully open.post #7840 of 101627/21/14 at 1:14pmQuote:
Depends very much on volume IME. If you are listening loud, it'll be more noticeable. But I get more leak from my HD600 at my quieter listening volumes than the DT880 at the same volume.post #7841 of 101627/22/14 at 5:45am
Hey guys - just paid for my DT880, now comes the wait for them to arrive!
Excited to join up, I'm reading very good things about these.
I did want to purchase the HD800 a while ago, but I'm starting to think that my thirst will be quenched by these instead..post #7842 of 101627/22/14 at 6:07amQuote:
Is it the premium edition that you have ordered ?
How much did you pay for these cans ??
Cheerspost #7843 of 101627/22/14 at 6:12ampost #7844 of 101627/22/14 at 7:36amQuote:
It is the premium version White Lotus purchased. Actually my old pair. And you won't believe the incredible deal Uncle H20 gave him.
post #7845 of 101627/22/14 at 8:03amQuote:
Ah, thought he had bought it new. :)
am on the lookout locally for some good offers on used ones to start with something in beyers.....not yet actively hunting in it.
- The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › Astell&Kern AK380 3 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › New member roll call open "soap box" thread 3 minutes ago
- › PS1000 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 3 minutes ago
- › Burson Soloist SL MK2 Appreciation/Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 6 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by starbux61
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Feilong4
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by mark2410
- › FiiO RM1 Bluetooth Remote Controller by ryanjsoo
- › SoundMAGIC ES18 In-Ear Headphones (Black/Red) by d3f4ul7
- › OPPO PM-1 by Sophonax
- › Edifier P275 Noise-Isolating In-Ear Monitor Earphones - Black by ngoshawk
- › Creative Labs X-Fi Titanium HD PCI-E by RockeyDA
- › Campfire Audio Orion by cleg
- › Philips SHG7980 PC Gaming Headset With Adjustable Microphone by Triquatra
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse