- 1,867 Posts. Joined 10/2010
- Location: England/Taiwan
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productASUS Xonar Essence STXtagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphonetagged by System, 7/20/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 2/15/11
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by System, 8/2/11
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 2/15/11
- brandMoon Audiotagged by System, 7/16/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 9/26/11
Related Forum Threads
- Going Audiophile For Gaming! Last post on 7/4/13 at 4:37pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- AD700 vs DT770 (any ohms) vs DT880 (any ohms,non-premium) vs DT990 (any ohms, non-premium)... Last post on 9/11/12 at 7:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- IEM guy needs recommendations for full size phones... Last post on 7/21/12 at 8:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- Please Help me choose a headphone from this website.... AH-D7000, HD650, DT880, DT990, T70 Last post on 5/22/16 at 6:38am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Mini reviews of headphones i auditioned Last post on 7/28/14 at 6:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
Ampsandsound Agartha: Silken Simplicity Reviewed by: Dillan (Photo source: ampsandsound.com) Introduction Tube amplifiers are a real hard thing to get right. Some people...
I first started with the ath a900x which i fell in love with. Recently they broke, and i did not have the money to purchases them again or the newer model. So i took a chance and got the a550z, for...
-Introduction- RHA is an interesting company. It has forged its own place within the audiophile world, making a name for itself based on the industrial design language of its products and the...
Welcome to the review of wireless + Wired High resolution in ear monitors Advanced Model 3. Disclaimer: This headphones were a sample provided by Advanced team for my review. I am not...
iBasso IT03 [1xDD 2xBA] Introduction: the mission statement of the company iBasso is “To capture the essence of music for all to enjoy” On their Facebook banner it also reads “We...
The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread - Page 523post #7831 of 102657/18/14 at 7:31pmThe dt-880 are my favourite headphone that I own. If I were to buy another can, it would only be to get the t1....
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7832 of 102657/18/14 at 7:35pmpost #7833 of 102657/18/14 at 7:38pmQuote:
Same here but i gave up i can't find a store to let me try the T1 before i buy.So i decided to get the HDX50 my CRACK is on it's way.post #7834 of 102657/18/14 at 7:45pmpost #7835 of 102657/20/14 at 5:01pm
What kind of noise leakage does the DT 880 have? I know it'll be more than a closed back headphone, but I'm curious how it is in comparison to some typical fully open backed ones like the Sennheiser HD 600.
I live alone in a single apartment unit, top floor, but I sometimes listen to music very loudly, and I want to reduce the risk of a neighbor hearing. I did a test with some closed back headphones and about the max volume I'd put it at, and I could confirm no apparent leakage when in other units.post #7836 of 102657/20/14 at 5:18pmpost #7837 of 102657/20/14 at 6:56pmpost #7838 of 102657/20/14 at 7:24pm
If you're listening at very high volumes there's a big chance that you'll develop tinnitus, just a heads up..
Let me put it to you this way: They won't leak as much as a fully open headphone, but they also leak more than a closed back. So kind of in-between really.post #7839 of 102657/21/14 at 1:02pmQuote:
In my experience, they leak as much as my HD650, which are fully open.post #7840 of 102657/21/14 at 1:14pmQuote:
Depends very much on volume IME. If you are listening loud, it'll be more noticeable. But I get more leak from my HD600 at my quieter listening volumes than the DT880 at the same volume.post #7841 of 102657/22/14 at 5:45am
Hey guys - just paid for my DT880, now comes the wait for them to arrive!
Excited to join up, I'm reading very good things about these.
I did want to purchase the HD800 a while ago, but I'm starting to think that my thirst will be quenched by these instead..post #7842 of 102657/22/14 at 6:07amQuote:
Is it the premium edition that you have ordered ?
How much did you pay for these cans ??
Cheerspost #7843 of 102657/22/14 at 6:12ampost #7844 of 102657/22/14 at 7:36amQuote:
It is the premium version White Lotus purchased. Actually my old pair. And you won't believe the incredible deal Uncle H20 gave him.
post #7845 of 102657/22/14 at 8:03amQuote:
Ah, thought he had bought it new. :)
am on the lookout locally for some good offers on used ones to start with something in beyers.....not yet actively hunting in it.
- The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Trinity VYRUS IEM available for pre-order now! 3 minutes ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 4 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 4 minutes ago
- › Need help picking out some commuter cans! 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 5 minutes ago
- › Q-Jays are back. 7 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 7 minutes ago
- › ampsandsound Agartha Single-Ended Amplifier by Dillan
- › audio-technica ATH-A550Z Art-Monitor Headphones by rickyday
- › RHA T20 by Cinder
- › Advanced Sound by gprs007
- › iBasso IT03 by jon parker
- › Arcam irDAC-II - DAC, Headphone Amp, Bluetooth Streamer by crabdog
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by dubbcd
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones with Microphone and Remote... by dnun8086
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by peter123
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by FUYU
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...