- 1,867 Posts. Joined 10/2010
- Location: England/Taiwan
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productASUS Xonar Essence STXtagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphonetagged by System, 7/20/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 2/15/11
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by System, 8/2/11
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 2/15/11
- brandMoon Audiotagged by System, 7/16/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 9/26/11
Related Forum Threads
- Going Audiophile For Gaming! Last post on 7/4/13 at 4:37pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- AD700 vs DT770 (any ohms) vs DT880 (any ohms,non-premium) vs DT990 (any ohms, non-premium)... Last post on 9/11/12 at 7:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- IEM guy needs recommendations for full size phones... Last post on 7/21/12 at 8:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- Please Help me choose a headphone from this website.... AH-D7000, HD650, DT880, DT990, T70 Last post on 10/20/11 at 8:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Mini reviews of headphones i auditioned Last post on 7/28/14 at 6:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
I got a sansa clip+ for my pair of custom iems. Really small, really portable, big nice clip to clip on something while training. Almost perfect sound, some audible noise (really really low, like...
overall nice headphones, with proper bass and sound and i am still burning it, rest of things i will discuss after complete burning process
I had to finally put my Shure 4ECs to rest and have been on the search for months to find a replacement. I like sub bass and a balanced sound and value build quality. My Shures were built tough...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Brainwavz continues to step up their game. This time it's in the realm of Bluetooth! The BLU-100 is a budget-priced IEM that is very well-designed and offers very good sound for anyone that needs...
The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread - Page 523post #7831 of 90667/18/14 at 7:31pmThe dt-880 are my favourite headphone that I own. If I were to buy another can, it would only be to get the t1....
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7832 of 90667/18/14 at 7:35pmpost #7833 of 90667/18/14 at 7:38pmQuote:
Same here but i gave up i can't find a store to let me try the T1 before i buy.So i decided to get the HDX50 my CRACK is on it's way.post #7834 of 90667/18/14 at 7:45pmpost #7835 of 90667/20/14 at 5:01pm
What kind of noise leakage does the DT 880 have? I know it'll be more than a closed back headphone, but I'm curious how it is in comparison to some typical fully open backed ones like the Sennheiser HD 600.
I live alone in a single apartment unit, top floor, but I sometimes listen to music very loudly, and I want to reduce the risk of a neighbor hearing. I did a test with some closed back headphones and about the max volume I'd put it at, and I could confirm no apparent leakage when in other units.post #7836 of 90667/20/14 at 5:18pmpost #7837 of 90667/20/14 at 6:56pmpost #7838 of 90667/20/14 at 7:24pm
If you're listening at very high volumes there's a big chance that you'll develop tinnitus, just a heads up..
Let me put it to you this way: They won't leak as much as a fully open headphone, but they also leak more than a closed back. So kind of in-between really.post #7839 of 90667/21/14 at 1:02pmQuote:
In my experience, they leak as much as my HD650, which are fully open.post #7840 of 90667/21/14 at 1:14pmQuote:
Depends very much on volume IME. If you are listening loud, it'll be more noticeable. But I get more leak from my HD600 at my quieter listening volumes than the DT880 at the same volume.post #7841 of 90667/22/14 at 5:45am
Hey guys - just paid for my DT880, now comes the wait for them to arrive!
Excited to join up, I'm reading very good things about these.
I did want to purchase the HD800 a while ago, but I'm starting to think that my thirst will be quenched by these instead..post #7842 of 90667/22/14 at 6:07amQuote:
Is it the premium edition that you have ordered ?
How much did you pay for these cans ??
Cheerspost #7843 of 90667/22/14 at 6:12ampost #7844 of 90667/22/14 at 7:36amQuote:
It is the premium version White Lotus purchased. Actually my old pair. And you won't believe the incredible deal Uncle H20 gave him.
post #7845 of 90667/22/14 at 8:03amQuote:
Ah, thought he had bought it new. :)
am on the lookout locally for some good offers on used ones to start with something in beyers.....not yet actively hunting in it.
- The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › I need recommendations for headphone amps/dacs 17 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 20 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Music sound with in ear from Sony: LG G2 or HTC One? 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 5 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 8 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 9 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 9 minutes ago
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by ardacer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by sagar khichi
- › RHA MA750i by Onthecoast
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by YoYo JoKeR
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by JoeDoe
- › Edifier Hi-Fi Stereo Headphone (H180 Black) by sharonbava
- › Ultimate Ears 200vi Noise-Isolating Headset, Blue by dkshifat
- › T-Peos Altone 150 in-ear monitor with detachable cables, mic and... by Hisoundfi
- › Beyerdynamic EDT 250 Velour Padded Earcushions for DT250, DT280,... by Trevayne10
- › Xiaomi Pistion III Youth Edition by julian67
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2