- 1,867 Posts. Joined 10/2010
- Location: England/Taiwan
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productASUS Xonar Essence STXtagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphonetagged by System, 7/20/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 2/15/11
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by System, 8/2/11
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 2/15/11
- brandMoon Audiotagged by System, 7/16/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 9/26/11
Related Forum Threads
- Going Audiophile For Gaming! Last post on 7/4/13 at 4:37pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- AD700 vs DT770 (any ohms) vs DT880 (any ohms,non-premium) vs DT990 (any ohms, non-premium)... Last post on 9/11/12 at 7:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- IEM guy needs recommendations for full size phones... Last post on 7/21/12 at 8:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- Please Help me choose a headphone from this website.... AH-D7000, HD650, DT880, DT990, T70 Last post on 5/22/16 at 6:38am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Mini reviews of headphones i auditioned Last post on 7/28/14 at 6:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
I still have yet to give anything 5 stars. The SR-202, for me, is a solid option for alternatives to the HD700, if you can find them without breaking the bank. I will start with the things I...
Fidue A65 Thanks to tony from hifiheadphones for letting me be part of the UK tour. TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS Drivers: Custom 8mm dynamic driver with Titanium...
Background When was the last time you used a pair of earbuds? Perhaps you use your Apple Earpods at work to remain inconspicuous, or maybe you are one of the many who have purchased the VE...
About Me: I'm just your average guy making his way through college with a passing interest in audio fidelity. I'm NOT an audiophile, but I've got a little experience ranging from lower-end...
Preamble:Pai Audio (http://www.paiaudio.com/indexEn.asp) is a relatively new audio company and based in Shenzhen, China. Established in 2014, they have specialised in manufacturing in-ears....
The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread - Page 523post #7831 of 102157/18/14 at 7:31pmThe dt-880 are my favourite headphone that I own. If I were to buy another can, it would only be to get the t1....
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7832 of 102157/18/14 at 7:35pmpost #7833 of 102157/18/14 at 7:38pmQuote:
Same here but i gave up i can't find a store to let me try the T1 before i buy.So i decided to get the HDX50 my CRACK is on it's way.post #7834 of 102157/18/14 at 7:45pmpost #7835 of 102157/20/14 at 5:01pm
What kind of noise leakage does the DT 880 have? I know it'll be more than a closed back headphone, but I'm curious how it is in comparison to some typical fully open backed ones like the Sennheiser HD 600.
I live alone in a single apartment unit, top floor, but I sometimes listen to music very loudly, and I want to reduce the risk of a neighbor hearing. I did a test with some closed back headphones and about the max volume I'd put it at, and I could confirm no apparent leakage when in other units.post #7836 of 102157/20/14 at 5:18pmpost #7837 of 102157/20/14 at 6:56pmpost #7838 of 102157/20/14 at 7:24pm
If you're listening at very high volumes there's a big chance that you'll develop tinnitus, just a heads up..
Let me put it to you this way: They won't leak as much as a fully open headphone, but they also leak more than a closed back. So kind of in-between really.post #7839 of 102157/21/14 at 1:02pmQuote:
In my experience, they leak as much as my HD650, which are fully open.post #7840 of 102157/21/14 at 1:14pmQuote:
Depends very much on volume IME. If you are listening loud, it'll be more noticeable. But I get more leak from my HD600 at my quieter listening volumes than the DT880 at the same volume.post #7841 of 102157/22/14 at 5:45am
Hey guys - just paid for my DT880, now comes the wait for them to arrive!
Excited to join up, I'm reading very good things about these.
I did want to purchase the HD800 a while ago, but I'm starting to think that my thirst will be quenched by these instead..post #7842 of 102157/22/14 at 6:07amQuote:
Is it the premium edition that you have ordered ?
How much did you pay for these cans ??
Cheerspost #7843 of 102157/22/14 at 6:12ampost #7844 of 102157/22/14 at 7:36amQuote:
It is the premium version White Lotus purchased. Actually my old pair. And you won't believe the incredible deal Uncle H20 gave him.
post #7845 of 102157/22/14 at 8:03amQuote:
Ah, thought he had bought it new. :)
am on the lookout locally for some good offers on used ones to start with something in beyers.....not yet actively hunting in it.
- The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 4 seconds ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 12 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 26 seconds ago
- › How to eliminate stuttering in audio players? 1 minute ago
- › DX200 The style has been chosen by your votes. Details of design... 1 minute ago
- › Asgard 2 vs Vintage Kenwood. Kenwood sounds better. 1 minute ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Help, looking for a new pair of over ear headphones 3 minutes ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Rose Technology Discussion & Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › InEar StageDiver SD-4 (Small) by twister6
- › Stax SR-202 by snapacap
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Deftone
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Zen V2 by Aornic
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by Midgetguy
- › Pai Audio MR4 by HiFiChris
- › Echobox Audio Finder X1 by Hisoundfi
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by Hisoundfi
- › RHA MA750i by Cinder
- › RM-S1 Wired Sport Headset Stereo Headphone Earphone For iPhone 6... by Redcarmoose
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...