or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread - Page 381

post #5701 of 10424
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbenrfan99 View Post
 

I can't seem to find any Little Dot MK II reviews on this site.  Am I missing something?  Thanks for the suggestion.

your welcome!

post #5702 of 10424

Received 880-Pro-250 along with Aune T1 and I'm enjoying this set up very much ,the headphones are veeery comfy 

P.S. I also ordered some tubes on Ebay,..hopefully they will play nice with this cans 

 

-1962 Vintage Amperex 6922 E88cc Hewlett Packard Audio Tube

-Genalex Gold Lion 6922 Gold Pin

-ROCKET 6N23P

post #5703 of 10424

Sorry to post so many times recently, but would the upgrades included in this listing for the Bravo Ocean be beneficial for the DT 880?

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/693044/bravo-ocean-tube-headamp-with-tube-mosfet-and-capacitor-upgrade

post #5704 of 10424
With the German Maestro GMP 8.300D' as a the primary choice for my closed can to compliment the DT880 Pro's.

I want to throw two more into the quandary:

Fisher Audio FA003 Ti's (Comfort & dual pad types)

AKG 271HD MKII (Available Locally)

Any opinions on the above two vs the GMP's or DT880's?

Thanks Guys!
post #5705 of 10424
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbenrfan99 View Post
 

Does anyone have any recommendations for cheap tube amps (definitely under $150) for the DT 880 250 ohm model?  The Bravo Audio Ocean seems to be highly recommended.  I will be using it with a laptop and Hifimediy Sabre DAC.

SCHIIT VALI! 

 

I just ordered one, I'll let you know how it sounds with my DT 880 soon, but it's getting positive reports with the dt 880 :3 and BUY AMERICAN, screw supporting those Chinnese OEMS and companies! AMERICA ftw, that and honestly... I'm sure LD isn't as bad, but those Bravo, Indeed, and other off name Chinnese hybrids in the $100 price range have a rather poor build quality. For $137 u get an American made Hybrid Tube with like a 3 year warrenty, and a very fast turn around! Anything from china and IF it breaks.... going to be weeks before u get it back with the transit [HYPE TRAIN CHUGA CHUGA CHUGA CHUGA WOOOT WOOOOOOT]

 

Still though, feel free to wait a week for my impressions. I expect it to drive my 600 ohm dt 880 nicely, should drive a 250 ohm just as nice if not better! 

post #5706 of 10424

hey guys i bought the DT880 600ohm to my little brother. the question is that i need an amp/dac with a 300$ budget that i have left for hes crhistmas gift so i have considered 2 options.. o2 amp/dac combo and magni/modi.

 

Now there is the new amp Vali that everyone is talking about. so could be modi/Vali vs o2combo or if you guys have any other sugestion i will be happy to hear about it.

post #5707 of 10424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia View Post
 

hey guys i bought the DT880 600ohm to my little brother. the question is that i need an amp/dac with a 300$ budget that i have left for hes crhistmas gift so i have considered 2 options.. o2 amp/dac combo and magni/modi.

 

Now there is the new amp Vali that everyone is talking about. so could be modi/Vali vs o2combo or if you guys have any other sugestion i will be happy to hear about it.

:D Modi Vali man!

 

My vali is a few days out SO if you can wait like a week I'll give you impressions, how ever I think you'd be very happy with the Modi and the Vali 

 

I used an even CRAPPIER hybrid tube with my DT 880, so I'm fairly certian Schiits Vali is going to beat the first  2 Chinnese orphans I owned 

post #5708 of 10424

cool man thanks, yes, i can wait a week to decide and see more people comments with the vali with more hours burning it. 

post #5709 of 10424

Are these any good for music production?

post #5710 of 10424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbenrfan99 View Post

 
Does anyone have any recommendations for cheap tube amps (definitely under $150) for the DT 880 250 ohm model?  The Bravo Audio Ocean seems to be highly recommended.  I will be using it with a laptop and Hifimediy Sabre DAC.
SCHIIT VALI! 

I just ordered one, I'll let you know how it sounds with my DT 880 soon, but it's getting positive reports with the dt 880 :3 and BUY AMERICAN, screw supporting those Chinnese OEMS and companies! AMERICA ftw, that and honestly... I'm sure LD isn't as bad, but those Bravo, Indeed, and other off name Chinnese hybrids in the $100 price range have a rather poor build quality. For $137 u get an American made Hybrid Tube with like a 3 year warrenty, and a very fast turn around! Anything from china and IF it breaks.... going to be weeks before u get it back with the transit [HYPE TRAIN CHUGA CHUGA CHUGA CHUGA WOOOT WOOOOOOT]

Still though, feel free to wait a week for my impressions. I expect it to drive my 600 ohm dt 880 nicely, should drive a 250 ohm just as nice if not better! 
Throw your audio gd 10se away while you're at it if that's how you feel. Why are you going back to se when balanced is supposedly the way to go? you're just throwing money away. tongue.gif
post #5711 of 10424
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEleventy View Post


Throw your audio gd 10se away while you're at it if that's how you feel. Why are you going back to se when balanced is supposedly the way to go? you're just throwing money away. tongue.gif

Why because I only own one balanced headphone xD and atm I want a tube for my W1000x. Oh no wait I have 2 balanced cans, my D2k is also balanced.

 

There are two reasons I got the Vali

 

1) my w1000x needs a tube before I balance it and thus buy a $700 LD MK vi+ tube amp 

and 

2) having owned 2 very popular hybrids in the same price range of the Vali, I HAD to try it for my self. Since I recommend the Indeed G3 for the DT 990, I'd like to be able to recommend the Vali as an intro tube. ANd to do that I need to hear it

 

At the end of the day I'm hear to help da ppl! ANd a Vali as cheap as it is, looks like it's going to be a HUGE help to lots of Begineer audio philes! Again I started with a DT 880 PRo and an INdeed G3 Hybrid tube! While I wont use my DT 880 wih the vali very often [as the W1000x needs it] I'd like to have a say in how the combo sounds for my self, I mean not EVERYone can be lucky nough to have a fully balanced DT 880 AND a NFB 10ES2, for those who can't afford it I think the Vali is a good choice, and I aim to prove that thought! 

post #5712 of 10424
You said screw Chinese Oems but then turn around and buy/recommend chinese oems, dummy tongue.gif
post #5713 of 10424
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEleventy View Post

You said screw Chinese Oems but then turn around and buy/recommend chinese oems, dummy tongue.gif

Audio GD and Little Dot are very well known and respect oems. I've found buying Chinnese products is a mixed bag. I've gotten some very well built goods, and an equal amount of garbage 

But valid point, and as always, honestly ur pretty chill about correcting me <3 thanks for that :D oh

 

HOW THEM ePADS


Edited by Mshenay - 12/9/13 at 2:33am
post #5714 of 10424
They've been great. They offer better iso and bass which is awesome for the 880s, but on the T90s, the bass gets to be too much. Greater than the 990s from what I can remember. Haven't spent as much hp time at home since I got my new speakers setup. biggrin.gif
post #5715 of 10424
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEleventy View Post

They've been great. They offer better iso and bass which is awesome for the 880s, but on the T90s, the bass gets to be too much. Greater than the 990s from what I can remember. Haven't spent as much hp time at home since I got my new speakers setup. biggrin.gif

yea I liked the isolation they offered on my W1000x, but the bass was to much for me on those

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread