Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread - Page 36

post #526 of 10742

I went the Manufaktur route also and that part of the customization process seemed quite specific. Sounds like a mistake to me.....

post #527 of 10742

Thanks (in no small part) to this thread and the rest of head-fi... my month long journey of comparing other people's comparisons has landed me over budget and with a pair of DT 880 600 ohm on the way

 

Can't wait to be one of you, ha ha.

post #528 of 10742

Please Help!

 

Can someone please help me out with a recommendation for an amp for these. I have been using my ibasso Fi-Quest with OPA637AM's and at first I was loving the sound which was probably because they were new and the pairing sounded a little different. I am trying desparately to love them but think that I may need a different amp to make them shine as the Fi-Quest DT880 pairing is becoming fatigueing. I've even tried different OpAmps with a warmer signature but I'm just not feeling it.... I will have to sell them if I can't find something :(

 

Please can you guys suggest something with synergy that's not going to break the bank. I assume I need something with tubes??

 

Thanks in advance.

 

Nigel

post #529 of 10742

I doubt that a different amp converts them into creatures of your total liking if you were a bit underwhelmed until now.

post #530 of 10742
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickchen View Post

I doubt that a different amp converts them into creatures of your total liking if you were a bit underwhelmed until now.


+1

post #531 of 10742

Don't get me wrong there have been the odd magical moment it's just with my set up I'm finding them a little sterile. If I were monitering I couldn't imagine anything better but I also want something that's musical and draws me in.....

post #532 of 10742

Get yourself a higher tier Gradessandro


Edited by nickchen - 6/13/10 at 1:15pm
post #533 of 10742
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickchen View Post

Get yourself a higher tier Gradessandro

This :D
 

post #534 of 10742

Since I liked the 250ohms so much I decided to go Manufacture and get customized 600ohms. I BETTER LIKE THEM.

post #535 of 10742

I reckon you will. I love my 600ohm and am thinking about a recable. Manufaktur probably won't come into the picture, because it is fairly expensive and I would rather make my system SOUND great, rather than LOOK great 

post #536 of 10742
Quote:
Originally Posted by stang View Post

I reckon you will. I love my 600ohm and am thinking about a recable. Manufaktur probably won't come into the picture, because it is fairly expensive and I would rather make my system SOUND great, rather than LOOK great 


Stock manukatur is cheaper than moon-audio o.O

post #537 of 10742

Right now.. yeah. Since Beyer Manufaktur dropped their price. lol.

post #538 of 10742

How is it cheaper? I see it as 290 euros, which is 350 usd.

 

edit: omfg, 243 usd....I hate being in Australia.

 

edit2: omfg, shipping is 40 euros to here (60 aud)....

 

edit3: damn 600 ohms by itself is 271 usd.

 

edit4: so pretty, I'm gonna save up a shitload of money for it.


Edited by Trysaeder - 6/14/10 at 2:30am
post #539 of 10742
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trysaeder View Post

How is it cheaper? I see it as 290 euros, which is 350 usd.

 

edit: omfg, 243 usd....I hate being in Australia.

 

edit2: omfg, shipping is 40 euros to here (60 aud)....

 

edit3: damn 600 ohms by itself is 271 usd.

 

edit4: so pretty, I'm gonna save up a shitload of money for it.

 

Damn Aussies complaining too much, even with their silly good exchange rate to the US particularly compared to the Kiwi dollar....
 

post #540 of 10742
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinesekiwi View Post



 

Damn Aussies complaining too much, even with their silly good exchange rate to the US particularly compared to the Kiwi dollar....
 


If only it were back at 0.9304...you don't know what you have until you lose it.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread