Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread - Page 344

post #5146 of 7961
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

Don't have it... planned of getting of it 

the thing looks sexy....I wonder how it compares to wa22

post #5147 of 7961
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightboy140 View Post
 

the thing looks sexy....I wonder how it compares to wa22

Kinda of a tough comparison. Assuming the Wa22 is more than twice the cost. The real comparison would be the new Balanced Schiit tub again'st the Wa22

post #5148 of 7961
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

Kinda of a tough comparison. Assuming the Wa22 is more than twice the cost. The real comparison would be the new Balanced Schiit tub again'st the Wa22

But hey...Chinese products sells extremely cheap for a nice quality. AND YESS. i can't wait for ragnorak and yggdrisil

post #5149 of 7961
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightboy140 View Post
 

But hey...Chinese products sells extremely cheap for a nice quality. AND YESS. i can't wait for ragnorak and yggdrisil

True, and there are VERY HIGH QUALITY products coming out of china! 

post #5150 of 7961

Super excited, I've got an open box DT880 600 coming from Amazon in the mail early next week. Got it at a nice discount of $209US. My first Beyer, so I'm keen to see what the fuss is about. Going to be running them from my NFB15.32 which MalveauX is adamant has plenty of juice for them, and depending what I think of the sound I might invest in an OTL amp for them. But for now, I'm just looking forward to the combination of sound and comfort. I'll post my first impressions here when they arrive.

 

For what it's worth, I'm coming from the Denon D2000 which I very much enjoyed the sound of, however the comfort just wasn't up to scratch. Too heavy and poorly padded headband, not to mention pleather pads being not as nice as velour. 


Edited by HeretixAevum - 11/6/13 at 2:58pm
post #5151 of 7961
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeretixAevum View Post
 

Super excited, I've got an open box DT880 600 coming from Amazon in the mail early next week. Got it at a nice discount of $209US. My first Beyer, so I'm keen to see what the fuss is about. Going to be running them from my NFB15.32 which MalveauX is adamant has plenty of juice for them, and depending what I think of the sound I might invest in an OTL amp for them. But for now, I'm just looking forward to the combination of sound and comfort. I'll post my first impressions here when they arrive.

 

For what it's worth, I'm coming from the Denon D2000 which I very much enjoyed the sound of, however the comfort just wasn't up to scratch. Too heavy and poorly padded headband, not to mention pleather pads being not as nice as velour. 

I believe you shall love it. I've heard the d7000...and i still think dt880 is better than them :D

BUT THAT IS JUST ME. 

post #5152 of 7961
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightboy140 View Post
 

I believe you shall love it. I've heard the d7000...and i still think dt880 is better than them :D

BUT THAT IS JUST ME. 

I certainly hope so, it's really my first 'neutral' headphone. All of my previous cans have been more coloured, but I'm quietly confident that I think I'll like it, too :dt880smile:

post #5153 of 7961
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeretixAevum View Post
 

Super excited, I've got an open box DT880 600 coming from Amazon in the mail early next week. Got it at a nice discount of $209US. My first Beyer, so I'm keen to see what the fuss is about. Going to be running them from my NFB15.32 which MalveauX is adamant has plenty of juice for them, and depending what I think of the sound I might invest in an OTL amp for them. But for now, I'm just looking forward to the combination of sound and comfort. I'll post my first impressions here when they arrive.

 

For what it's worth, I'm coming from the Denon D2000 which I very much enjoyed the sound of, however the comfort just wasn't up to scratch. Too heavy and poorly padded headband, not to mention pleather pads being not as nice as velour. 

 

Those 'phones sound great with a La Figaro 336C tube amp with NOS tubes.

 

Kanye West would say they sound dope hooked up with a '336C.  :rolleyes:

post #5154 of 7961
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris J View Post
 

 

Those 'phones sound great with a La Figaro 336C tube amp with NOS tubes.

 

Kanye West would say they sound dope hooked up with a '336C.  :rolleyes:

Yeah, that's right I messaged you about it in July! You gave me some notes about the signal tubes. Yeah the 336c is certainly appealing because of it's looks and price, I like that it uses larger tubes, they're much more impressive looking :D Still, I wonder how that amp compares to the LD III and IV, as well as the Schiit Valhalla (which I'm not too keen on as I've heard it's bright sounding and has more limited tube rolling capabilities that the others, and it's the most expensive). 


Edited by HeretixAevum - 11/6/13 at 5:32pm
post #5155 of 7961
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightboy140 View Post
 

I believe you shall love it. I've heard the d7000...and i still think dt880 is better than them :D

BUT THAT IS JUST ME.

Loved my 880s, but for me the D7000 sounds better in every way. That said I suspect in the near future I will be re-acquiring an 880. Miss having that sound signature.

post #5156 of 7961
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeretixAevum View Post
 

Yeah, that's right I messaged you about it in July! You gave me some notes about the signal tubes. Yeah the 336c is certainly appealing because of it's looks and price, I like that it uses larger tubes, they're much more impressive looking :D Still, I wonder how that amp compares to the LD III and IV, as well as the Schiit Valhalla (which I'm not too keen on as I've heard it's bright sounding and has more limited tube rolling capabilities that the others, and it's the most expensive). 

 

Right, and I forgot to send you anything about the output tubes.

To be honest, I've never really spent any time comparing output tubes.

Lately I've been using a Svetlana 6H13C output tube, a nice clean sounding tube.

Looks like a Coke bottle.

Another one I like is the Tungsol JAN 6080WA, a somewhat lush, "tubey" sounding tube! It's a short fat stubby little thing.


Edited by Chris J - 11/7/13 at 4:28am
post #5157 of 7961
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris J View Post
 

 

Right, and I forgot to send you anything about the output tubes.

To be honest, I've never really spent any time comparing output tubes.

Lately I've been using a Svetlana 6H13C output tube, a nice clean sounding tube.

Looks like a Coke bottle.

Another one I like is the Tungsol 5998, a somewhat lush, "tubey" sounding tube! It's a short fat stubby little thing.

That's OK, the main thing I'd want to avoid is humming so your notes on the signal tubes are greatly appreciated. 

 

May I ask where you get your tubes? I struggle to find a lot of the exact versions / brands you mentioned.

post #5158 of 7961
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Defender View Post
 

Loved my 880s, but for me the D7000 sounds better in every way. That said I suspect in the near future I will be re-acquiring an 880. Miss having that sound signature.

Yeah I can understand why. I mean the d7000 is just so much fun! But for me it's about the soundstage and the detail.

post #5159 of 7961
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeretixAevum View Post

That's OK, the main thing I'd want to avoid is humming so your notes on the signal tubes are greatly appreciated. 

May I ask where you get your tubes? I struggle to find a lot of the exact versions / brands you mentioned.

Oooops, fixed my typo. I often use a Tungsol JAN 6080WA power tube.

I got a few from a place called "The Tube Store". Seriously! They are a good on line outlet.

I got a few from Brent Jessee Recording. I recommend him and he warrantees his tubes.

Avoid modern 6SN7 tubes, they often Hmmmmmmmmm.
post #5160 of 7961
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightboy140 View Post
 

Yeah I can understand why. I mean the d7000 is just so much fun! But for me it's about the soundstage and the detail.

True but hey guys I'm about to get my self a Custom Cocobolo Wooden Back D2k :3 with a Balaned D7k Cable :D. I'm pretty sure once I mod and dapmen the D2k Drivers it should be a pretty epic closed cans :3 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread