or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread - Page 323

post #4831 of 10436

I been enjoying my DT880 premium 600ohms alot since I got them in the mail earlier today thru my NFB15.32.

post #4832 of 10436

So your NFB15.32 even delivers the mail. Wow, I'll have to get one of those. :D

post #4833 of 10436
Quote:
Originally Posted by genclaymore View Post
 

I been enjoying my DT880 premium 600ohms alot since I got them in the mail earlier today thru my NFB15.32.

 

Congrats and great choice on your purchase.  Aren't they just something else right???:wink_face:

post #4834 of 10436
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyang View Post
 

 

Congrats and great choice on your purchase.  Aren't they just something else right???:wink_face:

 

Thx, I got them for a good price thx to my ebucks, but I could had got even more off if i knew about that coupon code from razerdog. I should had went right to these, instead of two other headphones I had right before these.  I did had to run these thru some music, after taking them out the box and they improved. Because before they was super bright, but after some burn in they become right.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pp312 View Post
 

So your NFB15.32 even delivers the mail. Wow, I'll have to get one of those. :D


I just not  realize that i worded that wrong. I was enjoying them so much that I didn't even check to make sure my post right.


Edited by genclaymore - 10/8/13 at 8:00am
post #4835 of 10436
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyang View Post
 

 

Congrats and great choice on your purchase.  Aren't they just something else right???:wink_face:

Thanks to the DT880 600ohms I am stuck in this mid-fi trap that I may never find "better" sound by travelling to Summit-Fi. I'm so content by these detail monsters and the wonderful airy soundstage that makes the music sound alive. I've heard in some reviews that the HE-500 and even HD800 weren't substantially better than the DT880 600ohm or to some even less musical than the DT880 600ohm. I really need to get out there to some more head-fi meets to experience this firsthand. If any of you are from southern California there is one coming up in my hometown this November :] Hope to see you there!

post #4836 of 10436
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahsmoh View Post

Thanks to the DT880 600ohms I am stuck in this mid-fi trap that I may never find "better" sound by travelling to Summit-Fi. I'm so content by these detail monsters and the wonderful airy soundstage that makes the music sound alive. I've heard in some reviews that the HE-500 and even HD800 weren't substantially better than the DT880 600ohm or to some even less musical than the DT880 600ohm. I really need to get out there to some more head-fi meets to experience this firsthand. If any of you are from southern California there is one coming up in my hometown this November :] Hope to see you there!
I thought that too. Then I bought a pair of T90s................. wink.gif Not even double the price of a new set of DT880s.... 500. Well spent. biggrin.gif
post #4837 of 10436
Quote:
Originally Posted by genclaymore View Post
 
Originally Posted by pp312 View Post
 

So your NFB15.32 even delivers the mail. Wow, I'll have to get one of those. :D


I just not  realize that i worded that wrong. I was enjoying them so much that I didn't even check to make sure my post right.

 

In that case you're entirely forgiven. ;)

post #4838 of 10436

Hey i recently got a dt880 600ohm w/ a Essence STX. Just wondering what is a good amp to add on adjust the volume as i hate alt tabbing out of something just to lower it down also i guess it would be an upgrade to the overall sound quality looking to spend within $200. 

Since im fairly new, is there a specific way i should be setting up the Headphone in the Xonar program ?? i just have the +18DB(MAX) for the 600ohm, the (HF) on using 44.1 khz with 2 channels. Is there anything else i should use for listening to music / gaming ?? thanks in advance !

 

post #4839 of 10436
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahsmoh View Post
 

Thanks to the DT880 600ohms I am stuck in this mid-fi trap that I may never find "better" sound by travelling to Summit-Fi. I'm so content by these detail monsters and the wonderful airy soundstage that makes the music sound alive. I've heard in some reviews that the HE-500 and even HD800 weren't substantially better than the DT880 600ohm or to some even less musical than the DT880 600ohm. I really need to get out there to some more head-fi meets to experience this firsthand. If any of you are from southern California there is one coming up in my hometown this November :] Hope to see you there!

 

I would love to attend a head-fi meet anywhere in Cali.  If there's any coming soon, PEOPLE let me know...  I would love to share my phones/gears and listen to others as well and of course meet you all.  :wink_face: 

post #4840 of 10436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powahlam View Post
 

Hey i recently got a dt880 600ohm w/ a Essence STX. Just wondering what is a good amp to add on adjust the volume as i hate alt tabbing out of something just to lower it down also i guess it would be an upgrade to the overall sound quality looking to spend within $200. 

Since im fairly new, is there a specific way i should be setting up the Headphone in the Xonar program ?? i just have the +18DB(MAX) for the 600ohm, the (HF) on using 44.1 khz with 2 channels. Is there anything else i should use for listening to music / gaming ?? thanks in advance !

 

 

I take that you're looking to upgrade for about a price tag of $200 right?

 

IMHO I would look into Schiit Magni/Modi.  Best bang for your bucks...  They will drive the DT880 600ohms no problem.  "And the Magni has a volume knob so you won't have to mess with that annoying ALT/Tabbing." :wink_face:

post #4841 of 10436
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEleventy View Post


I thought that too. Then I bought a pair of T90s................. wink.gif Not even double the price of a new set of DT880s.... 500. Well spent. biggrin.gif

 

I'll be getting a T90 one of these days... but it will have to be balanced >.> which means I need to wait to 1) find a used one already balanced here on Head Le Fi or B buy a used one and Balance it :3 

post #4842 of 10436
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyang View Post
 

 

I take that you're looking to upgrade for about a price tag of $200 right?

 

IMHO I would look into Schiit Magni/Modi.  Best bang for your bucks...  They will drive the DT880 600ohms no problem.  "And the Magni has a volume knob so you won't have to mess with that annoying ALT/Tabbing." :wink_face:

 

sorry for sounding like a noob, but that magni would be an addon to the STX right ? meaning i would get better quality ?

post #4843 of 10436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powahlam View Post
 

 

sorry for sounding like a noob, but that magni would be an addon to the STX right ? meaning i would get better quality ?

 

Magni (amp)

Modi (DAC) = Digital to Analog Converter

 

So what the DAC will do is totally eliminate your sound card from your pc.  Just imagine this: Modi will be replacing your sound card and become your external sound card, pretty much.  How is it hooked up? Modi will be hooked up by via USB from your pc, then, RCA out to the Magni (amp) and then out to headphones.   

 

And yes you will be able to have more power to drive your 600ohms cans and will/should produce higher resolution sound quality.

 

This might help:

 

http://schiit.com/products/modi

post #4844 of 10436
The Essence STX is a competent DAC so I wouldn't get a Modi. It's a side-grade at best. I would spend the money on a Objective2 or Magni and you should be good.
post #4845 of 10436

Agreed. Your source is already good, so all you need is a nice powerful amp that can drive the Beyers. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread