Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread - Page 314

post #4696 of 7851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Atrocity View Post

 

I would, but I have only worn the premium version and I don't want to experience any more clamping force. Furthermore, I am a vegetarian, and involved in animal rights activism, and as such cannot purchase something first-hand that has leather (the case has leather). 

 

As someone else pointed out, the Pro version does not come with a leather case (its nylon). Its the Premium versions that come with leather. And if you don't want more clamping force than the Premiums then that excludes almost every other headphone out there. ;) Personally I prefer the tighter fit of the Pro, especially after several months of use (the Premium gets even more loose and the Pro starts to be just about right).

post #4697 of 7851

Agree'd I love my Dt 880, it get's even better balancd imo! 

 

And as my amps got better, I found more warmth in the mids, still nothing like a Mad Dog q.q but  it really is a great headphone! 

post #4698 of 7851

 

I was browsing through my old songs folder and i found this. It sounds phenomenal on the DT880's. I'm sitting here supposed to do homework but instead im bouncing on my chair because of the chills this gives me :L3000:. *eargasm*

post #4699 of 7851

I feel like I'm playing the market here.  I have a set of DT 880 Premiums in my cart on Amazon, 250ohm.  Yesterday it was $241.  Then when I went to buy it went up to $349.  Every few hours or so the price has dropped.  It's now showing $261 in my cart.  In order to get my cart to show 250ohm Premium, I had to go to Amazon on my phone.  As the 250ohm Premium seach took me to the 600ohm version.  Then when I clicked 250ohm, it took me to the "Pro" version.  Only through my phone could I get the 250ohm Premium.  I bet when I actually order, I end up recieving the 600ohm version or something.  Something has to go wrong lol.  And since I'm having it shipped to an APO, it'll take about 2 weeks to get, two weeks to return and another 2 weeks to get a new set.  Hears to hoping no issues!

 

The reason I want the Premiums, is because I don't want a coiled cable :o   I'd rather braid a long straight cord.  I'm mostly going to use this with my iMod/E17, and my computer.  Is there really any advantage to the coiled cord?  Less stress on the connections?

post #4700 of 7851
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR650SE View Post
 

I feel like I'm playing the market here.  I have a set of DT 880 Premiums in my cart on Amazon, 250ohm.  Yesterday it was $241.  Then when I went to buy it went up to $349.  Every few hours or so the price has dropped.  It's now showing $261 in my cart.  In order to get my cart to show 250ohm Premium, I had to go to Amazon on my phone.  As the 250ohm Premium seach took me to the 600ohm version.  Then when I clicked 250ohm, it took me to the "Pro" version.  Only through my phone could I get the 250ohm Premium.  I bet when I actually order, I end up recieving the 600ohm version or something.  Something has to go wrong lol.  And since I'm having it shipped to an APO, it'll take about 2 weeks to get, two weeks to return and another 2 weeks to get a new set.  Hears to hoping no issues!

 

The reason I want the Premiums, is because I don't want a coiled cable :o   I'd rather braid a long straight cord.  I'm mostly going to use this with my iMod/E17, and my computer.  Is there really any advantage to the coiled cord?  Less stress on the connections?

 

I just like Coiled Cables my self

 

Also my HE 400 are in... sadly they burry the Dt 990 for EDM... that ortho bass :[

 

but the Dt 880 still beats it for a balanced sound! :3 not going to mod my HE 400 outside of the Balanced Cable and J$Money Pads I got for it 

post #4701 of 7851
Click on the link that says X new for $241. A seller is playing with quantities and b price by listing one at a time for that price
post #4702 of 7851

I see what he means. I just searched and the 250 ohm Premium shows up as the first result for "DT880", but when I click on it it loads the 600 ohm page, which is listed as some bizarre L/W/H measurement in the variations section, with the only other options being the 32 ohm and 250 ohm Pro versions. Clicking any of the x New for x.xx links just brings up all the new and used options for the variant listed on the page. There doesn't seem to be a way to get the 250 ohm Premium version at all.

 

Absolutely bizarre. I know it's kind of confusing with there being four different versions of the DT880, but still. You'd think they would have gotten it sorted out by now, especially since I seem to recall there being a proper DT880 250 ohm Premium page.

post #4703 of 7851

So I'm not crazy! lol.  So in the last day the prices I have seen for the 250ohm 880 Premium were:

$242

$349

$341

$333

$292

$277

$261

$256

$253

EDIT: $250.47

EDIT 2: $244.87 Now :D  I like how this is going.  See how low it goes.

 

Again I could only get the 250ohm Premium into my cart via the Amazon Android app.  The price is going down every 30 min or so.  I'm waitint till it gets back down to $240 or so.  We'll see how low it goes lol


Edited by DR650SE - 9/28/13 at 5:50pm
post #4704 of 7851

After acquiring the DT880s I hope to acquire a cdac (upgraded version of the odac by Audio Poutine), and am thinking I will tentatively use my PA2V2 as the amp. Think that will hurt the neutral FR? I know the PA2V2 isn't amazing, but it was good to me for a solid year. :) 

 

I plan on getting an Objective 2 later.

post #4705 of 7851
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR650SE View Post
 

So I'm not crazy! lol.  So in the last day the prices I have seen for the 250ohm 880 Premium were:

$242

$349

$341

$333

$292

$277

$261

$256

$253

EDIT: $250.47

EDIT 2: $244.87 Now :D  I like how this is going.  See how low it goes.

 

Again I could only get the 250ohm Premium into my cart via the Amazon Android app.  The price is going down every 30 min or so.  I'm waitint till it gets back down to $240 or so.  We'll see how low it goes lol

 

I had the same experience with the 880 250 ohm pro last week.  After multiple emails from Amazon and checks of the website, I was able to pick up for $222.  Love them so far.  Amazon can be great, but I think this happens often with specialized goods.  It's frustrating, but keep at it and good luck!

post #4706 of 7851
Yes, it looks like it's following the same pattern. I'll snag it tomorrow when it's at $244. That's as low as I've seen the 250ohm go. biggrin.gif

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 4
post #4707 of 7851

Just pulled the trigger on a Schiit stack.  Can't wait for some Modi/Magni!

post #4708 of 7851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Atrocity View Post

After acquiring the DT880s I hope to acquire a cdac (upgraded version of the odac by Audio Poutine), and am thinking I will tentatively use my PA2V2 as the amp. Think that will hurt the neutral FR? I know the PA2V2 isn't amazing, but it was good to me for a solid year. smily_headphones1.gif 

I plan on getting an Objective 2 later.

oh nice I had n Audio Poutine oDac too
post #4709 of 7851
I've got a used one if anyone is interested. $180 shipped, classifieds section
post #4710 of 7851
sigh

i see what ppl meant when they said the pb1 has crappy build quality. I just broke the rises of the plastic gain switch... so it is stuck at high gain xD 6out of se and 15 out of balanced... wondering how the w1000x will like all that volume might

that means in the winter ill need to buy another balanced amp... *sigh* well i Do like upgrades
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread