The 880s are amazing with metal, and if you EQ try to use a parametric EQ as you can control how much the requency you atenuate bleeds into adjacent frequencies.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productASUS Xonar Essence STXtagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphonetagged by System, 7/20/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 2/15/11
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by System, 8/2/11
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 2/15/11
- brandMoon Audiotagged by System, 7/16/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 9/26/11
Related Forum Threads
- Going Audiophile For Gaming! Last post on 7/4/13 at 4:37pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- AD700 vs DT770 (any ohms) vs DT880 (any ohms,non-premium) vs DT990 (any ohms, non-premium)... Last post on 9/11/12 at 7:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- IEM guy needs recommendations for full size phones... Last post on 7/21/12 at 8:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- Please Help me choose a headphone from this website.... AH-D7000, HD650, DT880, DT990, T70 Last post on 10/20/11 at 8:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Mini reviews of headphones i auditioned Last post on 7/28/14 at 6:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
Here we go again. It seems like every other review I've done lately has been on some product from this up-and-coming company that is making a name for itself. Luckily for us, this IEM from...
I tested it with Dr.Chesky's Binaural album and Depeche Mode flacs. What I like most is of course bass response..it is more than enough, maybe a bit exaggerated, aggressive. Overall, I am...
I used this sound card for 5 years. It replaced that time my previous card M-Audio Audiophile 2496. As far as I know at present (2014/2015) it is not possible to buy this card as new in Europe....
So I got these real cheap, I thought what the heck for $15 I can't go wrong.....I was wrong. Well they are listenable, I hardly call them a gaming headphone besides the mic built in, explosions...
Well I only had it for a week now and being listening to it about 3-5 hours a day even before I go to bed yes this is how good it is to me. My only other DAP's I have it to compare to are the DX50...
The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread - Page 310post #4636 of 83839/25/13 at 3:34pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4637 of 83839/25/13 at 5:51pmI am not really a "Cookie Monster" vocals metal listener... I do enjoy a little Amon Amarth from time to time though.
But! Metallica's Black Album in 24/96 sounds amazing through the DT880's.
After listening to Disturbed Asylum album the other day, I am enjoying what I hear from them as well.post #4638 of 83839/25/13 at 5:55pm
Asked this elsewhere but I thought I would repeat it here (as this is a living thread)... has anyone attempted to run the 880/250 through a Little Dot I+? I'm looking to expand the stable with a can with a flatter FR and the 880 seems to fit the bill, but my headphone amp is a hybrid tube that generally works better with low-impedance cans. I know there is a gain switch on the LD, but I seem to recall reading that noise increased when the high gain setting was applied... any help would be appreciated.post #4639 of 83839/25/13 at 6:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by Edgard Varese
Asked this elsewhere but I thought I would repeat it here (as this is a living thread)... has anyone attempted to run the 880/250 through a Little Dot I+? I'm looking to expand the stable with a can with a flatter FR and the 880 seems to fit the bill, but my headphone amp is a hybrid tube that generally works better with low-impedance cans. I know there is a gain switch on the LD, but I seem to recall reading that noise increased when the high gain setting was applied... any help would be appreciated.
This is a quote from the LD forum...Quote:LD 1+ Forum
I have used the LD 1+ with upgraded WE408A tubes as I received from LD with the Beyer 880 600 ohm phones. It does a really good clean job, but begins to run out of power on really heavy classical music. On normal music, like jazz or light rock, it is a real good combo. I normally had the volume control at about the 2 o'clock position. But, on some heavy classical, I had to open the volume all the way to the 5 o'clock position.
I purchased it mainly to drive the HiFiman HE-300 Dynamic Phones... and it does a magnificent job with those phones. I also have the Schiit Lyr Hybrid Tube Amp, and with the HE-300, the LD 1+ with upgraded tubes does a little better job than the Lyr. A little sweeter in the mids. Very nice!
He has the 600Ω version and since the specs state that it outputs 150mW into 300Ω it might just work alright depending on your listening levels.post #4640 of 83839/25/13 at 7:04pmQuote:
Thanks TD! :) On the basis of that I think the 250 would work fine, but I'm not too sure about the 600...post #4641 of 83839/25/13 at 7:26pmpost #4642 of 83839/25/13 at 8:15pmpost #4643 of 83839/25/13 at 8:17pmpost #4644 of 83839/25/13 at 8:24pmQuote:
The drivers are well protected behind foam discs that bow out in the middle. These tend to touch one's ears (they do mine), but most people don't seem to find it unpleasant. It's never bothered me in almost three years of ownership.post #4645 of 83839/25/13 at 9:55pmQuote:
It doesn't bother me either... but sometimes it can tickle.post #4646 of 83839/25/13 at 9:57pmpost #4647 of 83839/25/13 at 11:33pmpost #4648 of 83839/26/13 at 1:53ampost #4649 of 83839/26/13 at 3:02am
Speaking of which, how long have everybody's pads lasted here? Mine are the originals and I will have had my DT880 for three years in the beginning of October. They're definitely a bit worn down, but they seem to be otherwise perfectly fine. I wash them annually in a bath of warm soapy water, which doesn't ever seem to have damaged them.post #4650 of 83839/26/13 at 4:48amQuote:Originally Posted by Argyris
Speaking of which, how long have everybody's pads lasted here? Mine are the originals and I will have had my DT880 for three years in the beginning of October. They're definitely a bit worn down, but they seem to be otherwise perfectly fine. I wash them annually in a bath of warm soapy water, which doesn't ever seem to have damaged them.
I need to wash them
although I am a little mad... I'm ALREADY having issues with my 3.5 6.5mm connector :/ it's losing audio... glad I have 2 more >.> [silly mono price] that said I just need to break down and recable the w1000x to just use the pb1's Blanced out, as I lose audio out of the pb1+adapter plus the Hm801+adapter so it's cleary the adapter [which is why I hate 3.5mm... I seem to destroy them at teh speed of light]
- The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Price dropped!! Westone IEMs sale!!!! UM2 & W3 & W4r 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 2 minutes ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 + cwm recovery Latest Update: 2014-09-15 2 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 3 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 3 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid Impressions and Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › New Fostex RP open-backed planar magnetic headphone, TH500RP!... 4 minutes ago
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by JoeDoe
- › Koss RUK 30K Noise Isolating In-Ear Stereophone, Black by ajlan
- › Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 HiFi by Ataka
- › Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset by TsukiNick
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by AudioGG
- › The House of Marley Liberate XL BT by Giogio
- › Bang & Olufsen A8 Earphones by fjhuerta
- › JBL Synchros 400BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphones, Black by Giogio
- › JBL J56 BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphone, Black by Giogio
- › Jabra REVO Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Headphones - Retail Packaging... by Giogio
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)