Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread - Page 4

post #46 of 7944
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylab View Post
I am using the Audio-GD Phoenix that I have in-house for review.
Can you include impressions of this headphone with the Phoenix please- either here or in your official review?
post #47 of 7944
Yes - the Phoenix review will be largely based on it's sound with the balanced DT880, since they are the only balanced headphones I have.
post #48 of 7944
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by apatN View Post
I always try to look over this thread but can't stand it anymore. Is the Little Dot sufficient enough to power the 600OHM monsters?
The better your amp, the better they'll sound.
post #49 of 7944
Mine should arrive in a couple of days.
I'm really wondering how they will sound and how they compete against my HD600. But I'll get an answer in the next couple of days.
Really looking forward to it.
post #50 of 7944
Thread Starter 
Yay! Early welcome to the underrated club that everyone should be in!
post #51 of 7944
Rob, the Manufaktur DT880's don't seem to have an option for leather pads. Did yours come like that, or are those pads transplanted from a pair of DT770's?

Do you prefer the leather pads over the velours on the DT880's?
post #52 of 7944
^ the best pads for the dt880's are the jmoney leather pads, otherwise use the velours
post #53 of 7944
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyDebord View Post
^ the best pads for the dt880's are the jmoney leather pads, otherwise use the velours
Thanks. Just found Skylab's review thread on those.
post #54 of 7944
-deleted-
post #55 of 7944
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpelg View Post
Rob, the Manufaktur DT880's don't seem to have an option for leather pads. Did yours come like that, or are those pads transplanted from a pair of DT770's?

Do you prefer the leather pads over the velours on the DT880's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyDebord View Post
^ the best pads for the dt880's are the jmoney leather pads, otherwise use the velours
Right - my leather pads are the JMoney. But originally the Manufacture site DID provide leather pads for the 880/990 - at some point they stopped except for the 770.

But they no longer do, and the JMoney pads are better anyway.
post #56 of 7944
Just ordered a Manufaktur DT880/600 today (090909!).

Now the 2-3 week wait...

post #57 of 7944
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpelg View Post
Just ordered a Manufaktur DT880/600 today (090909!).

Now the 2-3 week wait...

very good choice, congratulations
post #58 of 7944
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32y0 View Post
Mine should arrive in a couple of days.
I'm really wondering how they will sound and how they compete against my HD600. But I'll get an answer in the next couple of days.
Really looking forward to it.
I prefer my DT880 over the HD600. The DT880s go much lower and reach higher.
post #59 of 7944
Quote:
Originally Posted by apatN View Post
I prefer my DT880 over the HD600. The DT880s go much lower and reach higher.
That sounds promising. Thanks for letting me know apatN.
post #60 of 7944
Greetings earthlings of the 600 Ohm DT880 appreciator variety. Would you describe these as a good all-around headphone for many types of music? What are the particular qualities of the 880s that you like best? How do they compare to other headphones in a similar price range you have had? (currently trying to decide between these, the dt990's and the HD650s I think, but not counting anything out except the Denon ah-d5000s which I recently returned due to mostly the over-blown bass....) Will also be getting an amp to go with the new cans.
Thanks for any infos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread