Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread - Page 299

post #4471 of 8065
Quote:
Originally Posted by cute View Post

On my replacement driver, the red mark designates the positive/signal side!

 

^ This. The driver will work in either side.

post #4472 of 8065
Quote:
Originally Posted by cute View Post


On my replacement driver, the red mark designates the positive/signal side!

 

Indeed....So i guess i should just flip the wiring (as the red mark is on the opposite side to the original driver)?

 

Thanks for the reply!

post #4473 of 8065
Quote:
Originally Posted by cute View Post


On my replacement driver, the red mark designates the positive/signal side!

Yes I agree, the red / gold mark is the positive side, both drivers are the same they don't have a left and right, they just change the paint marks and to which pin the positive wire goes to on the left and right side, probably something to do with the assembly line when they are manufacturing them.


Edited by TrollDragon - 9/8/13 at 11:58am
post #4474 of 8065
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacious View Post
 

 

Indeed....So i guess i should just flip the wiring (as the red mark is on the opposite side to the original driver)?

 

Thanks for the reply!

Yes whichever way works for you as long as you keep the positive signal to the side that's marked. If you get them out of phase (positive and negative reversed) the sound will appear very far out to the left and right instead of in front of you.

 

Be EXTREMELY careful with the driver tangs when soldering as they are just press fitted to the plastic and will pull out very easily breaking the voice coil wire.

post #4475 of 8065
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

 

-.- go fall in a freezing well Troll [you and your awesome pics]

:tongue_smile::eek::tongue_smile:

post #4476 of 8065

i need some help.

i would like to recable my DT770 Pro 250 Ohms but i can't find a place or a online store to get the cables.

post #4477 of 8065
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollDragon View Post
 

:tongue_smile::eek::tongue_smile:

It might sound as good, but it won't last more than 3 months with me :D LONG LIVE THE GERMAN BUILD QUALITY

 

also OMG I just found ALL 8 Chapters of the Happy to be Hardcore mix :D I had chapter 2 a LONG time ago [in crummy mp3 v4 and with my XB 700s] BUT now my Dt 990[or 880s] s and GLORIOUS flac will enjoy this very much :D

post #4478 of 8065
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollDragon View Post
 

Yes whichever way works for you as long as you keep the positive signal to the side that's marked. If you get them out of phase (positive and negative reversed) the sound will appear very far out to the left and right instead of in front of you.

 

Be EXTREMELY careful with the driver tangs when soldering as they are just press fitted to the plastic and will pull out very easily breaking the voice coil wire.

 

Success!!  That soldering was stressful! : ) Thanks TrollDragon for all you advice in getting this sorted..really appreciated!

 

The new driver does sound a bit different (restrained, maybe 10% quieter) than the other though....could it just need some "burn in" time?

post #4479 of 8065
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacious View Post
 

 

Success!!  That soldering was stressful! : ) Thanks TrollDragon for all you advice in getting this sorted..really appreciated!

 

The new driver does sound a bit different (restrained, maybe 10% quieter) than the other though....could it just need some "burn in" time?

 

eww that sounds not to so fun

 

also... I finally did it... hit my Dt 880 600 ohm with +18 gain... yea the sound stage took a SMALL hit,  but in return the mids got some weight, the treble got MORE detailed... 

 

Finally finishing my review of the Dt 880! Going to do my k550 next and update my Mid Fi battle Thread! 

post #4480 of 8065
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacious View Post
 

 

Success!!  That soldering was stressful! : ) Thanks TrollDragon for all you advice in getting this sorted..really appreciated!

 

The new driver does sound a bit different (restrained, maybe 10% quieter) than the other though....could it just need some "burn in" time?

No problem good sir, that is what we are here for!

 

I'd say to give it a little time and it should equalize.

post #4481 of 8065
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post

also OMG I just found ALL 8 Chapters of the Happy to be Hardcore mix :D I had chapter 2 a LONG time ago [in crummy mp3 v4 and with my XB 700s] BUT now my Dt 990[or 880s] s and GLORIOUS flac will enjoy this very much :D

Linky in PM please... :basshead:

post #4482 of 8065
Quote:
Originally Posted by i luvmusic 2 View Post
 

i need some help.

i would like to recable my DT770 Pro 250 Ohms but i can't find a place or a online store to get the cables.

You need to check and ask in this thread here, it has everything you need to recable the world!

http://www.head-fi.org/t/676402/diy-cable-questions-and-comments-thread

post #4483 of 8065
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkonfuzed View Post
 

They look sexy without the stock cable :p.

 

You're like the Chuck Norris of photography. 

شكرا لك أخي في الكويت

 

Did you ever get the parts to do your DT880 dual Tiny xlr mod?

You need to get yours done and make you know who really jelly... :D

 

Have you tried your WS55 pads on the S500's?

post #4484 of 8065
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post

 

It might sound as good, but it won't last more than 3 months with me :D LONG LIVE THE GERMAN BUILD QUALITY

 

It has good sound quality for the price but it has a ridiculously narrow soundstage. I haven't used mine in months and most likely never will. Its also ugly as sin when worn and is so uncomfortable I consider it unusable without Beyer DT250 velours. ;)


Edited by devhen - 9/8/13 at 3:02pm
post #4485 of 8065

The Pearstone velours work great as well... :D 

The post was all in humor... :D

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread