Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread - Page 252

post #3766 of 8255
It depends on your frame of reference. Without listening to the other, one could interpret the DT 880 as natural or the HD 600 as neutral id ipse respectively.
post #3767 of 8255
Quote:
Originally Posted by pp312 View Post

 

That was prose, but my poetry is vastly better. And in fact I was rendered speechless by the beauty of the DT880, which is why I typed my thoughts here. tongue.gif

 

 

My 880 sounds totally natural to me, so I have a little trouble relating to this remark.

 

But you know, guys, there are so many 880s that it's hard to reliably equate impressions. Beyer effectively make 4 different 880s: the 3 different impedances and the Pro with it's higher clamping force and different lead. So maybe from here on we ought to be more specific about which version we're talking about, as also about what amp we're using. I'm not a great believer in amps making a huge difference, but I have noticed the treble being quite sensitive to changes in amps, rather more so than other phones I've owned.   

 

So you implicitly admit that you are unable to write poetry worthy of the DT880!

The great poet in you IS rendered mute and speechless, nay, verily, indeed powerless by the DT880!

post #3768 of 8255

DT880

assuages my heartfelt want

for open, clean sound.

post #3769 of 8255
If the DT880's were a girl they'd be Kate Upton. That's how good they are smily_headphones1.gif
post #3770 of 8255

I'd imagine the DT880 to be a somewhat flighty, effervescent girl who tends to drift off from time to time because she lacks grounding.

 

Or, the obvious joke, an airhead. biggrin.gif

post #3771 of 8255
Quote:
Originally Posted by pp312 View Post

 

Er, could you explain how that necessarily follows. Don't tube amps drive 250 ohm loads? 


Just saying I have an amp that can drive 600oHm headphones so want the 600oHM version because people keep saying they sound better then 250oHm and I already have 250oHM DT990pro anyway.

 

But it is moot now because I am fickle and have decided on T90p if I get new beyer headphones.


Edited by Schonen - 7/3/13 at 9:36pm
post #3772 of 8255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argyris View Post

DT880

assuages my heartfelt want

for open, clean sound.

 

A headphone haiku

Is something rare for certain

Nice to see it here

post #3773 of 8255
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkonfuzed View Post

If the DT880's were a girl they'd be Kate Upton. That's how good they are smily_headphones1.gif

 

If DT880s were a woman they would be Monica Bellucci!
post #3774 of 8255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schonen View Post


Just saying I have an amp that can drive 600oHm headphones so want the 600oHM version because people keep saying they sound better then 250oHm and I already have 250oHM DT990pro anyway.

 

But it is moot now because I am fickle and have decided on T90p if I get new beyer headphones.

 

 

 

I think that's a wise choice. Having both DT880 and DT990 is useless, because they're so similar.  You can get the DT880 sound (but with better imaging and soundstage) from DT990's if you EQ the bass down for about 4-5 db at 100 hz and gradually reduce the eq to 200 hz and down to 40 hz,  and reduce the 7-9k spike by about 2-3 db.  That's basically it when it comes to sound signature.  I also always felt the DT990's were superior to DT880 overall. I mean, of course if you really need pure neutrality DT880 is better, but for listening, hands down DT990 is more enjoyable, especially the Pro model which seems to be more neutral than Premium ones, and is not any brighter than DT880, if not less bright. But its superior in terms of soundstage, imaging, detail, transient response....it sounds like a quicker headphone, but at the same time,  it sounds fuller with more body to the sound, especially male vocals, which sound more realistic on DT990. 

post #3775 of 8255

Guys, don't wanna be a party breaker since I see a lot of love for DT880, but I'm going to say, after getting the T1's, DT880's sound almost bad. :P

post #3776 of 8255

You say this because you have not tried Nucleotide recabled DT880/600. dt880smile.png

post #3777 of 8255
Quote:
Originally Posted by derbigpr View Post

Guys, don't wanna be a party breaker since I see a lot of love for DT880, but I'm going to say, after getting the T1's, DT880's sound almost bad. :P

You mean almost bad in a good way, right?
OK.
Got ya!
post #3778 of 8255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris J View Post


You mean almost bad in a good way, right?
OK.
Got ya!

 

 

Nope, bad as in muffled, congested, closed in. :P

post #3779 of 8255
Quote:
Originally Posted by derbigpr View Post


Nope, bad as in muffled, congested, closed in. :P

I was afraid you might say that!

I've heard T1s briefly.
My initial impressions were that they sounded like bright DT880.
Not really a fair conclusion, like I said, I've only heard them for a few minutes or so.
post #3780 of 8255
Quote:
Originally Posted by derbigpr View Post

Guys, don't wanna be a party breaker since I see a lot of love for DT880, but I'm going to say, after getting the T1's, DT880's sound almost bad. :P
Don't rain on our parade... You have your own thread to go to now T1 boi... Now Git! tongue.gifbiggrin.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread