how do these compare with the philips fidelio l1?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productASUS Xonar Essence STXtagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphonetagged by System, 7/20/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 2/15/11
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by System, 8/2/11
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 2/15/11
- brandMoon Audiotagged by System, 7/16/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 9/26/11
Related Forum Threads
- Going Audiophile For Gaming! Last post on 7/4/13 at 4:37pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- AD700 vs DT770 (any ohms) vs DT880 (any ohms,non-premium) vs DT990 (any ohms, non-premium)... Last post on 9/11/12 at 7:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- IEM guy needs recommendations for full size phones... Last post on 7/21/12 at 8:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- Please Help me choose a headphone from this website.... AH-D7000, HD650, DT880, DT990, T70 Last post on 5/22/16 at 6:38am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Mini reviews of headphones i auditioned Last post on 7/28/14 at 6:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/5/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/29/16
Compared to nothing (in the way of noise cancelling) these are better than that. Damning with faint praise? Yeah, I guess so, but really what can you expect for the price. Sony makes a product...
There seems to be a lot of issues with the sound quality for these 2nd gen Bose phones. These came out before wireless headphones were in any significant use, and when few other companies were...
*This is a slightly revised and updated version of my original review from September of 2014. The Bass Colour was a good earphone two years ago and at it's current price of 29.99 USD on Penon Audio...
I bought these over a year ago as an upgrade to the generation 3 of the Piston earphones. I've been a user since generation 2 and I've loved the line up ever since. This simply feels like another...
I took the scenic route to loving these headphones and almost sold it a couple of times. I picked these up for free thanks to a promotion my carrier Freedom mobile was doing where if you buy the LG...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread - Page 186
Gear mentioned in this thread:
My wifes brother was here today and he is always praising his speaker setup, he listened to my dt880 trough a little tube amp I have. And he just said shiit, how much did this cost you? Said how much it costed and he can't belive it sounds better than his rig that costs more than 10-15x times as much. Love the price/quality ratio of headphones.
JDS Labs O2.
A used Musical Fidelity X-can V3 will give them all the juice they need.
I've been using a pair of DT880 Pro 250 for over a year. I have about 100 hours of use - new daughter + first house = head-fi on the backburner for a while - but now I use them every night.
I like them a lot. Bass is getting more presence over time - for example kick drum has more punch. Mids are clean and treble is getting smoother.
The big difference in my setup happened a few days ago when I got the Little Dot DAC_I converter. It feeds a Little Dot MKIII tube amp that acts as a preamp on a Little Dot MKV.
The results are astonishing. Right now I'm listening to Exit Stage Left from Rush and I feel the vibe from the venerable Forum. The soundstage is wide, the instruments are well defined, the 3D feeling of the instrument positioning on stage, the cymbals are smooth, the bass and the guitar shine... I can focus on an instrument with precision or feel all instruments as a whole. The sound has a lot of details, nuances and dynamics.
I don't have the clamp feeling. They're comfortable.
I'm very, very happy. Thumbs up !
I have the same cans driven by a FiiO E07K... Do you think that it will be a great upgrade in sound quality if I buy some tube ? like yours: Little Dot DAC_I + Little Dot MKIII ?
Edited by florin5000 - 2/9/13 at 3:00pm
So, last night I went out with a few friends, ended up getting home at about 5am... woke up with a pounding headache. So it's been a hangover day for me. I was listening to my Audioengine A2s for the past few hours and actually really enjoyed their soundstage. But after dinner, after pouring myself a beer I decided it's time for some headphones. I grabbed my HD650s as those are the more relaxing/less intense headphones in my small collection. I listened for about 30 minutes before thinking man, I just want some detail! So I put on my DT880s and man, I was reminded why I love them. There is a ridiculous amount of detail. I've had them on for 10 minutes and I've already heard new things in songs I've heard 100 times.
WHAT IS THIS MAGIC?????
I'm not familiar with the Fiio unit that you have, but the DAC_I would be a nice step forward I think. Its components - like the Wolfson chip - are praised by many.
The MKIII, being a tube amp, provides warmth to the sound. It feeds the DT880 pretty well. Be informed that you will want to upgrade the tubes. Read this loooong thread (post 2688 summarize the improvements provided by some popular tubes) :
I changed the driver tubes for the Voskhods on my amp.
And later on you could add the MKV that will take the MKIII sound and make it shine
Little Dot's rep, David, gives an excellent pre and post sales support.
What is your source? CDs? FLAC files?
For anyone who enjoys trance/psytrance/trippy music in general... I strongly suggest this song. It is one of my all-time favorites. It starts off mellow and picks up a bit. It's nothing intense, not like 180bpm or anything. The DT880s are perfect for it. Perfect.
While the Fiio E12 does have a lot of power, it is meant to be a portable amp. If someone is planning on doing stationary listening, a better (and desktop-oriented) amp can be had for a similar price.
O2 is actually less powerful than E12.
And E12 is way too powerful (read: loud) for sensitive IEMs, plus it's massive compared to most portable amps. If not for the fact that it's flatter and shorter than O2, it might well be a "desktop-oriented" amp.
JDS Labs CMoyBB drives them just fine. I don't think you to spend $150 when $60 can do the job.
- The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Fostex THX00 woody cups 2 seconds ago
- › New Schiit Valhalla 2 Dead? 5 seconds ago
- › In need of help deciding amp (or choices)... 21 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 47 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄ ★☆ 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 2 minutes ago
- › ADEL™ Drum Earbuds 3 minutes ago
- › New Nagra HD DAC 4 minutes ago
- › LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG 4 minutes ago
- › Even More Fulla Schiit: Meet the 2-Figure, Do-All Desktop 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K3003 by sanjeewasam
- › Sony MDRNC8/BLK Noise Canceling Headphone, Black by dalesky
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by dalesky
- › Don Scorpio Bass Colour by B9Scrambler
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Earphone In-Ear Headphones Multi-unit Circle Iron... by junhawng
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by WCDchee
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by Trevayne10
- › NiNTAUS X10 HiFi Lossless Music Player by crabdog
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear