After getting the DT880s again I remembered instantly why I loved them. Their sound is so airy, so crisp, so detailed without being fatiguing. When I listen to my 650s now I just can't get over how warm they sound. They're great headphones but my 880s beat them in every way right now... the Amperex tubes made vocals even better on the 880s. This is crazy, but I think vocals are almost on par with HD600s now... just a step below 650s. I love my 880s.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productASUS Xonar Essence STXtagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphonetagged by System, 7/20/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 2/15/11
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by System, 8/2/11
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 2/15/11
- brandMoon Audiotagged by System, 7/16/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 9/26/11
Related Forum Threads
- Going Audiophile For Gaming! Last post on 7/4/13 at 4:37pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- AD700 vs DT770 (any ohms) vs DT880 (any ohms,non-premium) vs DT990 (any ohms, non-premium)... Last post on 9/11/12 at 7:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- IEM guy needs recommendations for full size phones... Last post on 7/21/12 at 8:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- Please Help me choose a headphone from this website.... AH-D7000, HD650, DT880, DT990, T70 Last post on 5/22/16 at 6:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Mini reviews of headphones i auditioned Last post on 7/28/14 at 6:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
Disclamer. I provided these Sony Z5 for myself just for the sheer sound of it. These were not given to me for any type of review. I am writing these impressions of these works of art due...
Background I ordered my pair of AAW A3H Pros during Black Friday weekend 2015 at a certain group-buying website, hoping to get my feet wet in the world of customs at a price that wouldn't break...
REVIEW - Fiio EM3 Fiio is not a company that needs any introduction. Known for its wide and affordable large Amp and DAC line, and well regarded since the release of the first DAP...
Design/durability: Stellar build quality is one of the highlights of the Rockets. Pretty much every feature of it seems indestructible. The L-shaped jack seems very sturdy and has enough strain...
Hi guys, I'm surprised this little gizmo isn't more discussed here on head-fi and I happen to be having a lot of fun with it so I figured a brief review in order to build a discussion here would...
The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread - Page 160post #2386 of 102081/3/13 at 10:41am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2387 of 102081/5/13 at 4:07amQuote:
T70 is lighter on bass. T70 have a better clarity. But T70 has a metallic sounds ( and i can't stand it ) which means DT880 has a better timbre overallpost #2388 of 102081/5/13 at 8:33ampost #2389 of 102081/7/13 at 12:52pmpost #2390 of 102081/7/13 at 12:59pmpost #2391 of 102081/7/13 at 1:10pmQuote:
The price fluctuates at Amazon. I got them there recently new for $245. And I just returned them ($6.50 return postage), deciding they weren't for me. Keep an eye on Amazon:
Edited by BobJS - 1/7/13 at 1:11pmpost #2392 of 102081/7/13 at 2:11pm
Like Yokken and BobJS said, camelcamelcamel is a good place to track the price, thats precisely what I did after suggestions from head-fi members.
Have been patient for a couple of months and was able to get a new pair for $235 on Amazon in the last week of dec 2012.
But keep looking for "used like new" stuff along with new on amazon. Last couple of weeks the price fluctuated wildly from $349 to $235.
Also check the sale/trade forum on Head-fi.
good luckpost #2393 of 102081/7/13 at 7:21pmpost #2394 of 102081/7/13 at 8:51pmpost #2395 of 102081/7/13 at 9:15pmQuote:
I got mine in the buy/sell forum ,used...I'd start my search there
Then had them re-terminated & balanced
Great headphone,very comfotablepost #2396 of 102081/8/13 at 10:10amQuote:Originally Posted by Brooko
That's where I was talking about though! Mine was the 5th review... so much love for these cans yet hardly any reviews. When I was new here that's the first place I checked to see what other people thought of a particular pair of headphones.post #2397 of 102081/9/13 at 8:37amQuote:
lol I'm having the same thing happen to me, did you end up getting the right thing?post #2398 of 102081/9/13 at 9:32amQuote:
4th time's a charm. Then I had the nerve to return them because I didn't care for thempost #2399 of 102081/9/13 at 7:05pmQuote:
That's ridiculous. I'd be on the phone with someone from customer service after the third, if not the second time.post #2400 of 102081/9/13 at 7:21pmQuote:
I was, but there's little they can do other than try again and honor the low price.
- The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › Recommendations for a balanced IEM? 14 seconds ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (Basshead IEM's) 1 minute ago
- › [FS] Schiit Gungnir (non-multibit) 1 minute ago
- › How much noise do Bose QC25s cancel? 1 minute ago
- › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › Mainline Headphone Amplifier 4 minutes ago
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 4 minutes ago
- › Shure KSE1500 Review - Shure KSE1500 Sound Isolating Electrostatic... 5 minutes ago
- › Pen-Fi (FPs, RBs, BPs, etc...) [56k Warning] 6 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo issue solutions thread. 7 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-Z5 Ultimate Hi-Res In Ear Headphone by Dsnuts
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Zelda
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by Voyageur
- › W4S Recovery USB Reclocker by leeperry
- › Noble Audio Kaiser K10UA universal aluminum by Saraguie
- › Somic v2 by mark2410
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by NeObliviscaris
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by avocadobeats123
- › Meze 99 Classics by joeq70
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...