After getting the DT880s again I remembered instantly why I loved them. Their sound is so airy, so crisp, so detailed without being fatiguing. When I listen to my 650s now I just can't get over how warm they sound. They're great headphones but my 880s beat them in every way right now... the Amperex tubes made vocals even better on the 880s. This is crazy, but I think vocals are almost on par with HD600s now... just a step below 650s. I love my 880s.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productASUS Xonar Essence STXtagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphonetagged by System, 7/20/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 2/15/11
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by System, 8/2/11
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 2/15/11
- brandMoon Audiotagged by System, 7/16/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 9/26/11
Related Forum Threads
- Going Audiophile For Gaming! Last post on 7/4/13 at 4:37pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- AD700 vs DT770 (any ohms) vs DT880 (any ohms,non-premium) vs DT990 (any ohms, non-premium)... Last post on 9/11/12 at 7:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- IEM guy needs recommendations for full size phones... Last post on 7/21/12 at 8:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- Please Help me choose a headphone from this website.... AH-D7000, HD650, DT880, DT990, T70 Last post on 10/20/11 at 8:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Mini reviews of headphones i auditioned Last post on 7/28/14 at 6:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
Introduction: There seems to be quite a bit of discussion and disagreements regarding HIFIMAN’s (HFM) newest headphone, the HE400S. Some have praised the HE400S as being a giant slayer while other...
Brainwavz needs no introduction. They have been in the IEM market long enough that they have made a name for themselves, especially in the bang-for-bucks section. The S5 has been in the market for...
I would like to start by saying thank you to Penon Audio for letting me check out the SHOZY Lancea. The Lacea was sent to me in exchange for my honest opinion of it. The SHOZY Lancea is available...
Fidelio X2 is a really nice headphone at this price point. I paid only 190 USD for a new pair and cannot be more happy with the purchase. X2 sounds very open and has an airy soundstage. Still the...
At the time this review was written the Cayin C5DAC was on sale at Penon Audio for $215.00 USD. Here is a link to their...
The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread - Page 160post #2386 of 93591/3/13 at 10:41am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2387 of 93591/5/13 at 4:07amQuote:
T70 is lighter on bass. T70 have a better clarity. But T70 has a metallic sounds ( and i can't stand it ) which means DT880 has a better timbre overallpost #2388 of 93591/5/13 at 8:33ampost #2389 of 93591/7/13 at 12:52pmpost #2390 of 93591/7/13 at 12:59pmpost #2391 of 93591/7/13 at 1:10pmQuote:
The price fluctuates at Amazon. I got them there recently new for $245. And I just returned them ($6.50 return postage), deciding they weren't for me. Keep an eye on Amazon:
Edited by BobJS - 1/7/13 at 1:11pmpost #2392 of 93591/7/13 at 2:11pm
Like Yokken and BobJS said, camelcamelcamel is a good place to track the price, thats precisely what I did after suggestions from head-fi members.
Have been patient for a couple of months and was able to get a new pair for $235 on Amazon in the last week of dec 2012.
But keep looking for "used like new" stuff along with new on amazon. Last couple of weeks the price fluctuated wildly from $349 to $235.
Also check the sale/trade forum on Head-fi.
good luckpost #2393 of 93591/7/13 at 7:21pmpost #2394 of 93591/7/13 at 8:51pmpost #2395 of 93591/7/13 at 9:15pmQuote:
I got mine in the buy/sell forum ,used...I'd start my search there
Then had them re-terminated & balanced
Great headphone,very comfotablepost #2396 of 93591/8/13 at 10:10amQuote:Originally Posted by Brooko
That's where I was talking about though! Mine was the 5th review... so much love for these cans yet hardly any reviews. When I was new here that's the first place I checked to see what other people thought of a particular pair of headphones.post #2397 of 93591/9/13 at 8:37amQuote:
lol I'm having the same thing happen to me, did you end up getting the right thing?post #2398 of 93591/9/13 at 9:32amQuote:
4th time's a charm. Then I had the nerve to return them because I didn't care for thempost #2399 of 93591/9/13 at 7:05pmQuote:
That's ridiculous. I'd be on the phone with someone from customer service after the third, if not the second time.post #2400 of 93591/9/13 at 7:21pmQuote:
I was, but there's little they can do other than try again and honor the low price.
- The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › Head-Fi Meet Downtown Montreal 2015 AUGUST 30TH DATE CONFIRMED 10 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 23 seconds ago
- › New Ultrasone Go headphones unboxing video 25 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 27 seconds ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 53 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sony MDR MA 900 (new release from Sony) 1 minute ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 2 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Let's Discuss Your Raspberry Pi Setups 4 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by Cotnijoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ClieOS
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by muxamed
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Hisoundfi
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2