After getting the DT880s again I remembered instantly why I loved them. Their sound is so airy, so crisp, so detailed without being fatiguing. When I listen to my 650s now I just can't get over how warm they sound. They're great headphones but my 880s beat them in every way right now... the Amperex tubes made vocals even better on the 880s. This is crazy, but I think vocals are almost on par with HD600s now... just a step below 650s. I love my 880s.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productASUS Xonar Essence STXtagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphonetagged by System, 7/20/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 2/15/11
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by System, 8/2/11
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 2/15/11
- brandMoon Audiotagged by System, 7/16/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 9/26/11
Related Forum Threads
- Going Audiophile For Gaming! Last post on 7/4/13 at 4:37pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- AD700 vs DT770 (any ohms) vs DT880 (any ohms,non-premium) vs DT990 (any ohms, non-premium)... Last post on 9/11/12 at 7:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- IEM guy needs recommendations for full size phones... Last post on 7/21/12 at 8:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- Please Help me choose a headphone from this website.... AH-D7000, HD650, DT880, DT990, T70 Last post on 10/20/11 at 8:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Mini reviews of headphones i auditioned Last post on 7/28/14 at 6:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 7/3/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your Ref 1...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread - Page 160post #2386 of 80651/3/13 at 10:41am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2387 of 80651/5/13 at 4:07amQuote:
T70 is lighter on bass. T70 have a better clarity. But T70 has a metallic sounds ( and i can't stand it ) which means DT880 has a better timbre overallpost #2388 of 80651/5/13 at 8:33ampost #2389 of 80651/7/13 at 12:52pmpost #2390 of 80651/7/13 at 12:59pmpost #2391 of 80651/7/13 at 1:10pmQuote:
The price fluctuates at Amazon. I got them there recently new for $245. And I just returned them ($6.50 return postage), deciding they weren't for me. Keep an eye on Amazon:
Edited by BobJS - 1/7/13 at 1:11pmpost #2392 of 80651/7/13 at 2:11pm
Like Yokken and BobJS said, camelcamelcamel is a good place to track the price, thats precisely what I did after suggestions from head-fi members.
Have been patient for a couple of months and was able to get a new pair for $235 on Amazon in the last week of dec 2012.
But keep looking for "used like new" stuff along with new on amazon. Last couple of weeks the price fluctuated wildly from $349 to $235.
Also check the sale/trade forum on Head-fi.
good luckpost #2393 of 80651/7/13 at 7:21pmpost #2394 of 80651/7/13 at 8:51pmpost #2395 of 80651/7/13 at 9:15pmQuote:
I got mine in the buy/sell forum ,used...I'd start my search there
Then had them re-terminated & balanced
Great headphone,very comfotablepost #2396 of 80651/8/13 at 10:10amQuote:Originally Posted by Brooko
That's where I was talking about though! Mine was the 5th review... so much love for these cans yet hardly any reviews. When I was new here that's the first place I checked to see what other people thought of a particular pair of headphones.post #2397 of 80651/9/13 at 8:37amQuote:
lol I'm having the same thing happen to me, did you end up getting the right thing?post #2398 of 80651/9/13 at 9:32amQuote:
4th time's a charm. Then I had the nerve to return them because I didn't care for thempost #2399 of 80651/9/13 at 7:05pmQuote:
That's ridiculous. I'd be on the phone with someone from customer service after the third, if not the second time.post #2400 of 80651/9/13 at 7:21pmQuote:
I was, but there's little they can do other than try again and honor the low price.
- The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › Desktop headphones for $150 range 1 minute ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here 2 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 321 IEMs compared (NarMoo S1 added 09/04/14 p. 966) 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 4 minutes ago
- › Music City Meet -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2014 (Sept 20, 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Portable/Battery powered amps with 1/4 inch jack 4 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 7 minutes ago
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)