After getting the DT880s again I remembered instantly why I loved them. Their sound is so airy, so crisp, so detailed without being fatiguing. When I listen to my 650s now I just can't get over how warm they sound. They're great headphones but my 880s beat them in every way right now... the Amperex tubes made vocals even better on the 880s. This is crazy, but I think vocals are almost on par with HD600s now... just a step below 650s. I love my 880s.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productASUS Xonar Essence STXtagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphonetagged by System, 7/20/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 2/15/11
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by System, 8/2/11
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 2/15/11
- brandMoon Audiotagged by System, 7/16/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 9/26/11
Related Forum Threads
- Going Audiophile For Gaming! Last post on 7/4/13 at 4:37pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- AD700 vs DT770 (any ohms) vs DT880 (any ohms,non-premium) vs DT990 (any ohms, non-premium)... Last post on 9/11/12 at 7:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- IEM guy needs recommendations for full size phones... Last post on 7/21/12 at 8:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- Please Help me choose a headphone from this website.... AH-D7000, HD650, DT880, DT990, T70 Last post on 10/20/11 at 8:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Mini reviews of headphones i auditioned Last post on 7/28/14 at 6:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
Hi everyone, Before I start the review, I would like to thank Campfire Audio for making this awesome IEM, and also to d marc0 for inviting me in the tour. INTRODUCTION I'm an Indonesian...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION This is going to be a long review – I'll get that out up front. My time with the U6 has been a...
DOI: I don't get to listen to new gear a lot so I may not be any use at answering questions about comparisons to anything other than my own stuff (which may or may not be considered esoteric). I...
Just on sound quality, meh. It's very quiet, and detailed, but on my main headphones, AKG K712, the mid-treble balance is just too bright. The bass is nice and deep and honest, and midrange is OK,...
Review under construction.
The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread - Page 160post #2386 of 101681/3/13 at 10:41am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2387 of 101681/5/13 at 4:07amQuote:
T70 is lighter on bass. T70 have a better clarity. But T70 has a metallic sounds ( and i can't stand it ) which means DT880 has a better timbre overallpost #2388 of 101681/5/13 at 8:33ampost #2389 of 101681/7/13 at 12:52pmpost #2390 of 101681/7/13 at 12:59pmpost #2391 of 101681/7/13 at 1:10pmQuote:
The price fluctuates at Amazon. I got them there recently new for $245. And I just returned them ($6.50 return postage), deciding they weren't for me. Keep an eye on Amazon:
Edited by BobJS - 1/7/13 at 1:11pmpost #2392 of 101681/7/13 at 2:11pm
Like Yokken and BobJS said, camelcamelcamel is a good place to track the price, thats precisely what I did after suggestions from head-fi members.
Have been patient for a couple of months and was able to get a new pair for $235 on Amazon in the last week of dec 2012.
But keep looking for "used like new" stuff along with new on amazon. Last couple of weeks the price fluctuated wildly from $349 to $235.
Also check the sale/trade forum on Head-fi.
good luckpost #2393 of 101681/7/13 at 7:21pmpost #2394 of 101681/7/13 at 8:51pmpost #2395 of 101681/7/13 at 9:15pmQuote:
I got mine in the buy/sell forum ,used...I'd start my search there
Then had them re-terminated & balanced
Great headphone,very comfotablepost #2396 of 101681/8/13 at 10:10amQuote:Originally Posted by Brooko
That's where I was talking about though! Mine was the 5th review... so much love for these cans yet hardly any reviews. When I was new here that's the first place I checked to see what other people thought of a particular pair of headphones.post #2397 of 101681/9/13 at 8:37amQuote:
lol I'm having the same thing happen to me, did you end up getting the right thing?post #2398 of 101681/9/13 at 9:32amQuote:
4th time's a charm. Then I had the nerve to return them because I didn't care for thempost #2399 of 101681/9/13 at 7:05pmQuote:
That's ridiculous. I'd be on the phone with someone from customer service after the third, if not the second time.post #2400 of 101681/9/13 at 7:21pmQuote:
I was, but there's little they can do other than try again and honor the low price.
- The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › RHA - T20 - Impressions, Reviews, and questions 29 seconds ago
- › Official X5 2nd gen beta firmware download and discussion... 39 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 2 minutes ago
- › [AUS] Brand New HD800S 3 minutes ago
- › Shozy Zero: $50 IEMs with real rosewood, taking on the $500 big boys! 3 minutes ago
- › Can the best TOTL CIEMs compare with TOTL on-ears? 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH440 Impression 5 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HM901S New Flagship DAP 5 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Orion by emptymt
- › 64 Audio (1964 Ears) ADEL U6 by Brooko
- › Sennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphones by Docjitters
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by eriksq
- › MusicMaker TK13 by Paulpark222
- › Philips SHP9500 by Mosauwer
- › MEE Audio RX18 Comfort-Fit In-Ear Headphones with Enhanced Bass... by peter123
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Aornic
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Dobrescu George
- › Yamaha EPH-M100 High-Performance Earphones by Nymphonomaniac
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse