or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread - Page 120

post #1786 of 10430

I'm looking forward to getting the 250 pro's my self! I'm hoping that an E17 will drive them well. Give them some real life. I'd like to get the 600 but I know I don't have enough power to drive them without dedicated gear. Either way looking forward to joining in the love here soon :D... just need $550 xD So I can get everything I want to use with DT880, optimally I'd like to run all loseless with portable gear, Dt800 250 E17 and Cowon C2!

post #1787 of 10430

Just joined the group!  I got my 600ohm ones last night.

 

...now just can't wait for my Crack to come in.  Hopefully the Crack will make a better pair than my stereo right now...

post #1788 of 10430

Got mine back in January. Currently powering them with a Little Dot MK II. 

I really like the tubes with these. Might upgrade to a better tube amp down the road, but right now I am very pleased. 

post #1789 of 10430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post

I'm looking forward to getting the 250 pro's my self! I'm hoping that an E17 will drive them well. Give them some real life. I'd like to get the 600 but I know I don't have enough power to drive them without dedicated gear. Either way looking forward to joining in the love here soon :D... just need $550 xD So I can get everything I want to use with DT880, optimally I'd like to run all loseless with portable gear, Dt800 250 E17 and Cowon C2!

 

I think you'll be fine.  I've got my 250s paired with an Audinst HUD-mx1 and have been very pleased.

post #1790 of 10430

I have a pair of DT880s 600ohm.  I currently use a SR-71B to power them when in my office.  However, I have a Rudistor RPX-33 that I rarely use and am considering it for the office set-up.  Unfortunately, I cannot "try it out" to determine a fit because the DT880s are terminated with the RSA plug.

 

I have dropped Rudistor an e-mail and am awaiting a response.  In the meantime, anybody out there with real world experience who is willing to comment?

 

Thanks.


Edited by flyfish2002 - 5/15/12 at 8:52am
post #1791 of 10430

You can make a pigtail adapter from RSA to TRS fairly easily (or have it made - I think Whiplash knows the Kobiconn 4 pin jack needed). The RPX-33 is a nice, clean class A amp, and should be just great with the 880. 


Edited by liamstrain - 5/15/12 at 9:03am
post #1792 of 10430

I have the 600 premium which I love. Any idea where to get the 600 ohm pro short of direct from Beyer?

post #1793 of 10430

I didn't think they made a 600 pro - the pros are all 250 ohm. 

post #1794 of 10430

Thanks - solid fit betweem the RPX-33 and the DT880 even at 600ohm?!

 

I had Drew at Moon Audio recable the DT880 600ohm when I bought them from him - he can re-terminate now with his four pin adapter and provide two 6-8 inch "tails":  one RSA and one 1/4"

 

Brent

post #1795 of 10430
Quote:
Originally Posted by liamstrain View Post

I didn't think they made a 600 pro - the pros are all 250 ohm. 

Well, no wonder I have had trouble finding them. Thanks for pointing that out.

post #1796 of 10430

Useful info...TKS!

post #1797 of 10430

I heard back from Rudistor re:  will the RPX-33 drive the DT880 600ohm cans.  Per John at Rudistor, no problem what so ever.

 

Here we go...

 

Brent

post #1798 of 10430

I heard DT880 Pro in the shop, and I liked way it sound more then DT990 Premium.

Especially I liked sound of guitars from "Ride the lightning" album.

 

I prefer straight cable, and want to go with premium version.

Should go with 600, or 250 Ohms? 

It will be running with Little Dot MKII.


Edited by Nightelf - 5/16/12 at 10:54am
post #1799 of 10430

the LD Mk II puts out enough power to play nicely with 600 ohm cans. So, really its a question of flexiblity. Do you expect to use the 880 from a portable device (without an amp) at any point? 

 

Ultimately, I don't think it matters much. I like the 600 ohm version, personally - but I do not think I could choose them in a blind test from the 250s... 

post #1800 of 10430
Quote:
Originally Posted by liamstrain View Post

the LD Mk II puts out enough power to play nicely with 600 ohm cans. So, really its a question of flexiblity. Do you expect to use the 880 from a portable device (without an amp) at any point? . 

Thank You sir :)

I don't want to use it with portable device.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread