or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread - Page 90

post #1336 of 10435

I enjoy my DT 880 with my WA6 SE, love the comfort of the pads

post #1337 of 10435

Yep - very great and comfy

post #1338 of 10435

I am listening to a pair I received today. I see the potential on these and am using my Decware tube amps and the SX650 SS Pioneer and I do hear sibilance on the vocals. I know these need burn in but was wondering if this is a trait of the headphone and its not my sources or amps as it on both my SACD players and all three amps. I am hoping to burn these in over the next 4 or five days and then see what happens. Nice on classical and jazz.

post #1339 of 10435
Hi Frank,

I never had an issue with excess sibilance on the DT880/600 after about 120 hours burn in. They need burn in much worse than many headphones, though, IMO.
post #1340 of 10435
Thread Starter 

Sibilance is an initial issue but it does go away. Of course factor in inherit track sibilance.

 

Anyway, got some beyerdynamic ET 990 VB earpads on the way!

They're the same velour pads but they're black instead of silver!

One of my earpads is starting to fray so a good excuse to get new ones.

 

Since I'm in New Zealand, I'm paying the same amount for shipping as the earpads :/ but hey.

 

EDT990VB.jpg


Edited by chinesekiwi - 6/23/11 at 4:31pm
post #1341 of 10435

Thats what I am figuring but for the money they sound pretty nice especially on the CSP-2

post #1342 of 10435

Sibilance not so much, but the DT880s do have hot treble (though not aggressive I would say).

post #1343 of 10435
Quote:
Originally Posted by apatN View Post

Sibilance not so much, but the DT880s do have hot treble (though not aggressive I would say).



I have not noticed a hot treble with my tube amps that I am using so far anyway.

post #1344 of 10435

Frank:

 

With my equipment T1 actually has hotter treble than DT880/600.  But through all my 3 pairs of DT880 (250 ohm, 600 ohm x2), I have never had sibilance issue at all.  Actually, for all the hotter treble recording I had, DT880/600 and Stax sr-407 are doing well with them.

 

Some variable for consideration: burn in, balanced connection, and different cables.  My mogami recabled DT880 sound most soft (almost diffusive) of all.  ZXAC recabled DT880 sounds most smooth and yet clear at the same time.

 

I hope it eventually suit your taste.

post #1345 of 10435


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukja View Post

Frank:

 

With my equipment T1 actually has hotter treble than DT880/600.  But through all my 3 pairs of DT880 (250 ohm, 600 ohm x2), I have never had sibilance issue at all.  Actually, for all the hotter treble recording I had, DT880/600 and Stax sr-407 are doing well with them.

 

Some variable for consideration: burn in, balanced connection, and different cables.  My mogami recabled DT880 sound most soft (almost diffusive) of all.  ZXAC recabled DT880 sounds most smooth and yet clear at the same time.

 

I hope it eventually suit your taste.



I will burn them in and see where it goes. Right now they still new so I have a few weeks to play with them and see if they stay or go.  Sound great on everything so far except the vocal presentation which will get better  with burn it if it does not I will not keep them. i do not recable headphones unless the cable is removable like I ordered a cable for the Sennheiser Hd600

post #1346 of 10435

Have just become aware of these HPs, mainly for classical music. For that purpose do they scale well with the newer generation phones (HD800, T-1 etc), that are getting most of the limelight these days? I wondering which direction to take...

post #1347 of 10435
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigmode View Post

Have just become aware of these HPs, mainly for classical music. For that purpose do they scale well with the newer generation phones (HD800, T-1 etc), that are getting most of the limelight these days? I wondering which direction to take...



I had the DT880. The T1 is an enormous improvement. The HD800 is also, though in the end I prefer the T1. 

post #1348 of 10435
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigmode View Post

Have just become aware of these HPs, mainly for classical music. For that purpose do they scale well with the newer generation phones (HD800, T-1 etc), that are getting most of the limelight these days? I wondering which direction to take...



They are very nice for classical music and sound stage well for full scale. i have the HD600 coming Tuesday so i will post on how the two are together.

post #1349 of 10435

glad to see these getting more recognition.  i have mine comign at the end of next week, recabled with TWCu 26 from whiplash audio.  i was hoping they would stave my yearning for the T1 and otehr 1000$ headphones.

post #1350 of 10435

Have T1, HE-6, Stax sr-407, and DT880/600 still hold its unique place un-forsaken.  biggrin.gif

 

Not trying to argue, and not trying to say that it is better than flagship models, but to say it is worth to keep, especially considering its price tag.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alghazanth View Post
I had the DT880. The T1 is an enormous improvement. The HD800 is also, though in the end I prefer the T1. 


 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread