Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread - Page 438

post #6556 of 7019
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEleventy View Post

I like a little bit of everything. My playlist looks silly at times. I have rock (classic, indie, folk, blues), hip hop, pop, soul, jazz, electronic stuff(I don't know enough to give you genre-split specifics but bands like Infected Mushroom, Chemical Bros, Prodigy, Skrillex, Daft Punk), classical, soundtracks. Even a little bit of country but main stream like Cash. It's all over the place. If I had to pin it down... lately it's been rock, soul, blues.

Thanks for the confirmation MrEleventy, will have to now choose based on opinion or get both.

post #6557 of 7019
If you can, that's definitely recommended. That's what I did. I got both and sold off the loser. Helps make a more affirmative decision instead of that nagging "What if" sensation. smily_headphones1.gif
post #6558 of 7019
But that nagging "What if" is the fun part of this fine hobby!
biggrin.gif
post #6559 of 7019
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollDragon View Post

But that nagging "What if" is the fun part of this fine hobby!
biggrin.gif
Yeah... it is. lol. I've done that almost every time now. My first HPs back, I compared the M-80s, HD25 II, and the DT1350s. I went with the M-80s but... I eventually bought all 3. biggrin.gif But only 1 remains now... the dt1350s. The AKG x70xs are still tempting me with "Try me too!" since I did the Big 3 comparison, DT880s, HD600s, and K701s. !_! 2 down.... cool.gif
post #6560 of 7019
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppdv View Post
 

Thanks for the confirmation MrEleventy, will have to now choose based on opinion or get both.

amazon returns...it's a beauty...but i've never used it lol :c

post #6561 of 7019
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEleventy View Post

Yeah... it is. lol. I've done that almost every time now. My first HPs back, I compared the M-80s, HD25 II, and the DT1350s. I went with the M-80s but... I eventually bought all 3. biggrin.gif But only 1 remains now... the dt1350s. The AKG x70xs are still tempting me with "Try me too!" since I did the Big 3 comparison, DT880s, HD600s, and K701s. !_! 2 down.... cool.gif
Nice!
Hard to say what will be the next can on the list for me... I'd like to try out some Grado's, HE400's, the HD600 and the AKG's but the GMP 450's are calling my name and those Philips L2's look nice as well... Too many choices smily_headphones1.gif
post #6562 of 7019
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollDragon View Post


Nice!
Hard to say what will be the next can on the list for me... I'd like to try out some Grado's, HE400's, the HD600 and the AKG's but the GMP 450's are calling my name and those Philips L2's look nice as well... Too many choices smily_headphones1.gif

I tried the HE 400... and it had strange upper mids, you should how ever try out the HE 4 :D

 

Check out my blog though, Purrin Posted a Frequancy Graph for the HE 4, and it is simmilar to the DT 880! Both have a very simmilar curve with the HE 4 having a more linear HE 4

post #6563 of 7019
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollDragon View Post

Nice!
Hard to say what will be the next can on the list for me... I'd like to try out some Grado's, HE400's, the HD600 and the AKG's but the GMP 450's are calling my name and those Philips L2's look nice as well... Too many choices smily_headphones1.gif

I have the itch to try a pair of Grados myself........
post #6564 of 7019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris J View Post

I have the itch to try a pair of Grados myself........
Yeah the 225i's are supposed to be the sweet spot of the lower line, those are what I was thinking about. Get me some of that fine comfy sponge, I wonder if I can get beyer or GMP pads on them? biggrin.gif
post #6565 of 7019
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollDragon View Post

Yeah the 225i's are supposed to be the sweet spot of the lower line, those are what I was thinking about. Get me some of that fine comfy sponge, I wonder if I can get beyer or GMP pads on them? biggrin.gif

I've tried a few Grados.
I would either get the SR-225i or the RS-2i.
I thought the SR-325i were too bright.....in my opinion!
post #6566 of 7019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

I tried the HE 400... and it had strange upper mids, you should how ever try out the HE 4 :D

 

Check out my blog though, Purrin Posted a Frequancy Graph for the HE 4, and it is simmilar to the DT 880! Both have a very simmilar curve with the HE 4 having a more linear HE 4

 

What is the sonic difference between the DT880s and the HE 4?

 

Bob Graham

post #6567 of 7019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris J View Post

I've tried a few Grados.
I would either get the SR-225i or the RS-2i.
I thought the SR-325i were too bright.....in my opinion!
Some had mentioned that in another thread, that the 325i's treble was very similar to sticking needles in your eyes. biggrin.gif
post #6568 of 7019
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollDragon View Post

Some had mentioned that in another thread, that the 325i's treble was very similar to sticking needles in your eyes. biggrin.gif

 

I must be a masochist - I loved the 325i.  Mine was a DIY full woody - which I sold and subsequently worked my way up to the RS1.  The RS1 were wonderful - but somehow didn't give me the raw excitement of the 3252i.  Sold the RS1 - and perhaps will go back eventually to the 325.  It's a can you either love or hate ....

post #6569 of 7019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooko View Post
 

 

It's a can you either love or hate ....

 

As is more or less the case with Grados in general. My SR225i definitely had a flavor, and like any taste, it mixed well with certain things (like chocolate sauce on vanilla ice cream) and horribly with others (how about some chocolate-covered Brussels sprouts...mmm!). They were more sibilant than the DT880 and had that extremely forward, present midrange (around 2 kHz) that makes Grados so distinctive. Energetic, most certainly! Nothing I've ever heard has quite conveyed energy like a Grado. But I managed to retain a good portion of that energetic nature, minus the coloration and lack of genre bandwidth, with the DT880. I felt it was a better overall choice for my first nice headphone than the SR225i.

 

I still miss that thing, though. The M50 I had before it? Not so much.

post #6570 of 7019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argyris View Post
 

 

As is more or less the case with Grados in general. My SR225i definitely had a flavor, and like any taste, it mixed well with certain things (like chocolate sauce on vanilla ice cream) and horribly with others (how about some chocolate-covered Brussels sprouts...mmm!). They were more sibilant than the DT880 and had that extremely forward, present midrange (around 2 kHz) that makes Grados so distinctive. Energetic, most certainly! Nothing I've ever heard has quite conveyed energy like a Grado. But I managed to retain a good portion of that energetic nature, minus the coloration and lack of genre bandwidth, with the DT880. I felt it was a better overall choice for my first nice headphone than the SR225i.

 

I still miss that thing, though. The M50 I had before it? Not so much.

 

I hated the M50.  Sold it on eBay.  Not sure why it's so highly rated.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread