After getting the DT880s again I remembered instantly why I loved them. Their sound is so airy, so crisp, so detailed without being fatiguing. When I listen to my 650s now I just can't get over how warm they sound. They're great headphones but my 880s beat them in every way right now... the Amperex tubes made vocals even better on the 880s. This is crazy, but I think vocals are almost on par with HD600s now... just a step below 650s. I love my 880s.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- IEM guy needs recommendations for full size phones... Last post on 7/21/12 at 8:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- WTS: HD650 w/ SilverDragon V3, Beyer DT990, AKG K701 - NEW PRICES 11/1311 Last post on 11/20/11 at 6:34pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Going Audiophile For Gaming! Last post on 6/7/13 at 1:18am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- FS/FT Excellent condition Beyerdynamic DT880 Pro (600 ohm) Last post on 6/16/13 at 11:17am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- 2k budget Last post on 11/19/12 at 11:32am in Headphones (full-size)
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)
Edited on 12/28/12
- Comparing headphones: Sennheiser's HD 800, HD 600, HD 25-1 and...Edited on 5/27/12
Related Head Gear
It's exactly what it says it is. I've tried some pretty incredibly expensive DAPs - Honestly, in my opinion, if you just want your music files to reproduced accurately, into a line-out? Get...
Jazz sounds real good on these. Classic music sounds pretty clear, like when the violin is playing and stuff. Vocals sound pretty good. 80's sound vibrant. dubstep/hardstyle, sounds...
No other headphone has surprised me in the manner that the Tactic 3D managed to. I originally purchased them because I needed headphones to do a Skype interview, and I wanted something...
Let me begin by saying there is nothing special about these headphones. My first impression of them made me smile because I fell in love with the oral shaped ear cups (I'm a sucker for "small"...
Owned a variety of DAC's DAP/sources, Cowon J3, Hisound Studio 3rd Anniversary, Dacport LX, HRT Music Streamer II+, Sony Walkman Z. The DX100 completely blows them all away with it's reference...
- Comparing headphones: Sennheiser's HD 800, HD 600, HD 25-1 and...
The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread - Page 160
Gear mentioned in this thread:
T70 is lighter on bass. T70 have a better clarity. But T70 has a metallic sounds ( and i can't stand it ) which means DT880 has a better timbre overall
The price fluctuates at Amazon. I got them there recently new for $245. And I just returned them ($6.50 return postage), deciding they weren't for me. Keep an eye on Amazon:
Edited by BobJS - 1/7/13 at 1:11pm
Like Yokken and BobJS said, camelcamelcamel is a good place to track the price, thats precisely what I did after suggestions from head-fi members.
Have been patient for a couple of months and was able to get a new pair for $235 on Amazon in the last week of dec 2012.
But keep looking for "used like new" stuff along with new on amazon. Last couple of weeks the price fluctuated wildly from $349 to $235.
Also check the sale/trade forum on Head-fi.
I got mine in the buy/sell forum ,used...I'd start my search there
Then had them re-terminated & balanced
Great headphone,very comfotable
That's where I was talking about though! Mine was the 5th review... so much love for these cans yet hardly any reviews. When I was new here that's the first place I checked to see what other people thought of a particular pair of headphones.
lol I'm having the same thing happen to me, did you end up getting the right thing?
4th time's a charm. Then I had the nerve to return them because I didn't care for them
That's ridiculous. I'd be on the phone with someone from customer service after the third, if not the second time.
I was, but there's little they can do other than try again and honor the low price.
- The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread 2 seconds ago
- › New Age Piano recommendations 2 seconds ago
- › The Lightning, a new very small balanced amp from RSA. Images of... 37 seconds ago
- › Hisoundaudio Studio V 3rd Anniversary Edition Review 55 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Unique Melody Miracle 6-BA CIEM Review 1 minute ago
- › Best audiophile metal and rock albums 2 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - The Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › VenturCraft Soundroid Typhoon 4 minutes ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Apple iPod classic 160 GB Silver (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL by jensy
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by dietcoke2am
- › Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Sigma USB Gaming Headset by imagic
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by David Chavez
- › iBasso DX100 Reference DAP by Poetic
- › Razer Tiamat 7.1 by helmutssss
- › Sony Xperia S Black by TheBrutux168
- › Xonar U7 - 7.1 USB-Soundkarte by pietcux
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by Landon Watson
- › AKG K451 High-Performance Foldable Mini Headset (Black) by tintoy
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe