Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › What Live concerts have you attended?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What Live concerts have you attended? - Page 15

post #211 of 571
Journey (the orig line-up) 3x
Neil Young
Kansas
Peter Frampton
Pat Benatar
Henry Paul Band
Michael Stanley Band (local)
Rush 4x
Donnie Iris (local)
Bob Seger
Peter Frampton
Kenny Loggins
Bad English
Black Crowes
Dave Matthews
Foreigner
Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes
Stevie Nicks
Blue Öyster Cult
Bryan Adams
The Clarks (local)
Fleetwood Mac

I'm sure I've missed a few.

Brings back some sweet memories!
post #212 of 571
Hmmm Let me think about this a moment...

Mel Torme
The Ramones
Mud Honey
John Cougar Mellencamp
Cher (got drug to it by a girlfriend, but it was actually a good show) Cyndi Lauper opened.
Len (another girl... 1 hit = bad show )
Projekt Revolution (Madina Lake, Julian K, Placebo, Him, Taking Back Sunday, My Chemical Romance, and Linkin Park)
Diana Krall (x2)
Garth Brooks (x2)
Linkin Park
Kanye West (New Years Eve in Vegas)
B.B. King
Maroon 5
The Hives
Sheryl Crow
George Benson
Matchbox Twenty
Alanis Morrisette
Michael Buble
Naturally 7
The Cure (x2)

...there's more I just can't think of them all.

Worth mentioning:

Some great cover bands in the Seattle area: Kry, 80's Something, Spandex Ballet
post #213 of 571
Wow, I would need a few pages to list all the concerts I"ve seen in my life. However here's what I've seen over the past couple months (that I can remember)

America Last night and what a great show it was!
Asia
Kenny Chesney
Toby Keith
Hippiefest (Rascals, Country Joe, Badfinger, Flo and Eddie, Felix Cavalier and Mountain)
Lou Gramm
Heaven and Hell with Alice Cooper and Queensryche
post #214 of 571
So many concerts so many bands. Mostly what I can remember off the top of head. I'll have to reference the "ticket stub library".

Sounds Of The Underground 2007 / Palladium / Worcester MA.
Summer Slaughter / Palladium / Worcester MA.
Monsters Of Mayhem 2 Tour / Webster Theater / Hartford CT.
New England Metal And Hardcore Festival 2007 (2-Days) / Palladium / Worcester MA.
Don't Call This A Comeback Tour / Northern Lights / Clifton Park NY
Lamb Of God / Northern Lights / Clifton Park NY
Killswitch Engage / Palladium / Worcester MA.
Stillborn Fest / Northern Lights / Clifton Park NY
Monsters Of Mayhem Tour / Palladium / Worcester MA.
Ozzfest 2006 / Tweeter Center / Mansfield MA.
Sounds Of The Underground 2006 / Poughkeepsie NY
The Unholy Alliance Tour / Washington Ave Armory / Albany NY
New England Metal And Hardcore Festival 2006 (3-Days) / Palladium / Worcester MA
post #215 of 571
I just started going to shows this year, now that I have a job and all. The Police was the first-ever concert ticket I bought, but Celtic Woman was the first paid concert I've attended.

Celtic Woman @ WaMu Theatre, Qwest Field, Seattle 05.12.07 (They were actually *this* great)
The Police @ KeyArena, Seattle Center 06.06.07
Earth, Wind & Fire @ Chateau Ste. Michelle Winery, Woodinville, WA 07.22.07
Stevie Wonder(!) @ Chateau Ste. Michelle Winery, Woodinville, WA 08.31.07
Joss Stone @ Bumbershoot Music Festival, Seattle Center 09.03.07
John Legend @ Bumbershoot Music Festival, Seattle Center 09.03.07
Tokyo Police Club (partial show) @ Bumbershoot Music Festival, Seattle Center 09.03.07
Lyrics Born @ Bumbershoot Music Festival, Seattle Center 09.03.07
Soulive @ Bumbershoot Music Festival, Seattle Center 09.03.07

I'm looking forward to:

Jose Gonzalez @ The Showbox, Seattle 10.07.07
Soulive @ The Showbox, Seattle TBA

Hopefully I'll catch Sigur Ros this time around when they hit the road.
post #216 of 571
Bryan Adams - The Best of Me
post #217 of 571
Depeche Mode - Touring The Angel
post #218 of 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basshead Jazz View Post
Tokyo Police Club (partial show) @ Bumbershoot Music Festival, Seattle Center 09.03.07
How were they? I was going to see them in July (my friend's mom books a lot of clubs in and around Houston, so she was going to get me backstage), but I couldn't make it.
post #219 of 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_utero View Post
How were they? I was going to see them in July (my friend's mom books a lot of clubs in and around Houston, so she was going to get me backstage), but I couldn't make it.
If you are a big fan of them, then you'll enjoy them. I thought they sounded decent, not *great* IMO, but then I'm not very familiar of their material. My sis dragged me to their show, then walked-out half-way through to catch Lyrics Born.
post #220 of 571
Live
Smashing Pumpkins
Jamiroquai
Counting Crows
Lauren Hill/Anita Baker
Kanye West
Black Eyed Peas
Jay-Z/Rihanna/Memphis Bleek
Jimmy Eat World/Violent Femmes/Groove Armada
Faithless
post #221 of 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basshead Jazz View Post
If you are a big fan of them, then you'll enjoy them. I thought they sounded decent, not *great* IMO, but then I'm not very familiar of their material. My sis dragged me to their show, then walked-out half-way through to catch Lyrics Born.
Fair enough... I just hate that I missed it.
post #222 of 571

I play in most of the concerts

that I attend.
post #223 of 571
I'll try to list most of the concerts that I've been to, in roughly chronological order.

Static-X w/ Skrape, someone I don't remember
Will of the Ancients w/ a bunch of local bands
Vampire Moose w/ some local bands
Opeth w/ Devildriver, Moonspell
Broken Social Scene (hate the band, but it was a free outdoor show and such)
Queens of the Stone Age w/ Throwrag
Muse w/ a band I can't remember
Sunn O))) w/ Oren Ambarchi
Red Sparowes w/ Fjord Rowboat and some other band
Om w/ a modern classical group and a free jazz duo
Giant Squid w/ Nadja and two other bands I can't remember
Neitzschean Reprisal w/ Panzerfaust, Wolven Ancestry, some other bands
Pelican w/ Cursed, Daughters (and one other band, didn't watch any of the openers, all crappy hardcore)
Acid Mothers Temple w/ Mammatus
Red Sparowes w/ some other band I didn't watch
Isis w/ Zozobra, Jesu
Pelican w/ Nadja, Priestbird
Queens of the Stone Age w/ some band I can't remember

A bunch of others I can't remember.
post #224 of 571
This lineup will surely date me. One interesting combo is I saw the Dead, The Band and the Allmans at the legendary Watkins Glen (upstate NY) concert, which was larger (people-wise) than Woodstock. It was a one day event, but the Dead played a multi-hour "sound check" the night before.

Of course, the show I saw in 1966 is a once in a lifetime deal, but hey, I was a lucky kid, what can I say (though I didn't hear a note of music that night).

This is NOT in chronological order (just in order of when the popped into my head)

The Beatles (Shea Stadium, 1966. I was 14. A rich girl's dad drove 5 of us to the show).
The Byrds
Santana
Simon & Garfunkel (reunion tour)
Grateful Dead (x4)
The Allman Brothers Band
J. Geils Band
Grand Funk Railroad
The Band
Dan Hicks and the Hot Licks (x7)
John McLaughlin and the Mahavishnu Orchestra (with Billy Cobham on drums)
James Taylor (x3)
Fleetwood Mac
Jethro Tull (x2)
Orleans (x5)
Harry Chapin
Loggins & Messina
The Rolling Stones (x2)
Some memory.
Southern Culture on the Skids
Livingston Taylor
The Who (circa 1968, the original Tommy tour)
The James Gang
The Eagles
Jackson Browne (he came on stage during an Orleans show in a small club in Syracuse, NY, circa 1972. Does that count?)
Bonnie Raitt
Karla Bonoff
Susan Werner
Michelle Branch (accompanied my teenage daughter)
The Academy Is, All-American Rejects, Rooney (another daughter show)
Dave Alvin
Asleep at the Wheel (x3)
Loudon Wainwright III (x6)
Yes
David Bromberg Band
Robbie Coltrane
Bob Marley & The Whalers
Stanley White
Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band (x3)
Elvis Costello & The Attractions
Little Feat (with Lowell George)
The Beach Boys
Harry Connick Jr. (took the in-laws)
Hot Tuna
Richie Cole & Alto Madness
Smokey Robinson and the Miracles
The Temptations
Steely Dan
Taj Mahal (x2)
Three Dog Night (in high school, circa 1969-70)
Tom Rush
Peter Frampton
Traffic (with Steve Winwood, circa 1970)
Yo-Yo Ma

Man, that was some brain-wracking deal. But that's it. Not bad, all in all.

Edit: I was reading an earlier post, and I too saw Iron Butterfly in high school. Wow, that was interesting.
post #225 of 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstarn06 View Post
This lineup will surely date me. One interesting combo is I saw the Dead, The Band and the Allmans at the legendary Watkins Glen (upstate NY) concert, which was larger (people-wise) than Woodstock. It was a one day event, but the Dead played a multi-hour "sound check" the night before.

Of course, the show I saw in 1966 is a once in a lifetime deal, but hey, I was a lucky kid, what can I say (though I didn't hear a note of music that night).

This is NOT in chronological order (just in order of when the popped into my head)

The Beatles (Shea Stadium, 1966. I was 14. A rich girl's dad drove 5 of us to the show).
The Byrds
Santana
Simon & Garfunkel (reunion tour)
Grateful Dead (x4)
The Allman Brothers Band
J. Geils Band
Grand Funk Railroad
The Band
Dan Hicks and the Hot Licks (x7)
John McLaughlin and the Mahavishnu Orchestra (with Billy Cobham on drums)
James Taylor (x3)
Fleetwood Mac
Jethro Tull (x2)
Orleans (x5)
Harry Chapin
Loggins & Messina
The Rolling Stones (x2)
Some memory.
Southern Culture on the Skids
Livingston Taylor
The Who (circa 1968, the original Tommy tour)
The James Gang
The Eagles
Jackson Browne (he came on stage during an Orleans show in a small club in Syracuse, NY, circa 1972. Does that count?)
Bonnie Raitt
Karla Bonoff
Susan Werner
Michelle Branch (accompanied my teenage daughter)
The Academy Is, All-American Rejects, Rooney (another daughter show)
Dave Alvin
Asleep at the Wheel (x3)
Loudon Wainwright III (x6)
Yes
David Bromberg Band
Robbie Coltrane
Bob Marley & The Whalers
Stanley White
Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band (x3)
Elvis Costello & The Attractions
Little Feat (with Lowell George)
The Beach Boys
Harry Connick Jr. (took the in-laws)
Hot Tuna
Richie Cole & Alto Madness
Smokey Robinson and the Miracles
The Temptations
Steely Dan
Taj Mahal (x2)
Three Dog Night (in high school, circa 1969-70)
Tom Rush
Peter Frampton
Traffic (with Steve Winwood, circa 1970)
Yo-Yo Ma

Man, that was some brain-wracking deal. But that's it. Not bad, all in all.

Edit: I was reading an earlier post, and I too saw Iron Butterfly in high school. Wow, that was interesting.
Lucky kid, indeed...lol

Having already posted once in this thread, and now reading others lists, I remember more than I listed before...

Also saw:

- Yes (in the round)
- Kansas
- Billy Joel
- BlackOak Arkansas
- The Allman Bros
- The Rolling Stones
- Although I mentioned the Dead, I've seen about 27 of their shows
[Hmmm, maybe that has a part to play in my long term memory recall?] lol
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › What Live concerts have you attended?