Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS - Page 34

post #496 of 541
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibhavp View Post
 

 

cool.

 

I also had eye on project ember till I asked on headfonia about it. they recommended against it but did'nt answer why? They recommended me to google search to find out problems with it, and I found none.

 

It was rather dubious and put me in doubt.

 

also why not to look at he560, their newest one. its easy to drive and light weight as well, my biggest complaint with orthos. as for vali, I will get back to you once I acquire hps. I intend to get maybe hd600 or dt880, again not directly available.

Fair enough. I don't know about headfonia. Like I said, I like to take some risk so I'll let you know. HE 560 is a very good HP according to what I've read. If you like neutral sound without a clear midrange and smooth top end, that might be the HP. It will deliver solid bass on demand. I have the HE 4 which is similar to the 560 but its a lot cheaper. I also run the HE 4 through a speaker amp (the Emotiva). That's why I will not get the 560. I am seriously considering the HE 400i which is slightly darker than neutral, retains most of the 560 sound and is more inexpensive in comparison.

post #497 of 541

Hey guys so where are you based, I'm at Bombay.

 

Me getting an HD800 was quite accidental, my dad's been a hifi enthusiast as long as I can remember. I saw the HD800s on a fantastic discount on flipkart and grabbed the opportunity. 

 

I was eyeing an asgard2 but then I read the Lehmann BCL was developed using an HD650, and the HD800 was developed using the BCL! Thought that was cool and couldn't go wrong.

 

As for tubes, since I've been a guitar player I've had my share of experience with Dr.Z amps. Thought I'd skip the NOS chase, the last time it took me down some crazy money on EL84s and 12AX7s from mullard and the likes. I've since then moved to digital, never thought I'd be selling all my analog gear but the Kemper Profiling amp is one terrific device that leaves literally nothing out. These Germans are just crazy good at everything they do. Ne'ways long story short, I skipped the tube route for HP amplification for now. GAS is always lurking round the corner :)

 

Kothganesh having said that, congrats on the new amp, hope you like it. Just make sure to keep it away form me if we ever get a chance to meet, else my wallet will take a beating :D

post #498 of 541
Quote:
Originally Posted by kothganesh View Post
 

Fair enough. I don't know about headfonia. Like I said, I like to take some risk so I'll let you know. HE 560 is a very good HP according to what I've read. If you like neutral sound without a clear midrange and smooth top end, that might be the HP. It will deliver solid bass on demand. I have the HE 4 which is similar to the 560 but its a lot cheaper. I also run the HE 4 through a speaker amp (the Emotiva). That's why I will not get the 560. I am seriously considering the HE 400i which is slightly darker than neutral, retains most of the 560 sound and is more inexpensive in comparison.


+1 to he400i.

 

am debating between that or a tube amp+dynamic.

post #499 of 541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twangsta View Post
 

Hey guys so where are you based, I'm at Bombay.

 

Me getting an HD800 was quite accidental, my dad's been a hifi enthusiast as long as I can remember. I saw the HD800s on a fantastic discount on flipkart and grabbed the opportunity. 

 

I was eyeing an asgard2 but then I read the Lehmann BCL was developed using an HD650, and the HD800 was developed using the BCL! Thought that was cool and couldn't go wrong.

 

As for tubes, since I've been a guitar player I've had my share of experience with Dr.Z amps. Thought I'd skip the NOS chase, the last time it took me down some crazy money on EL84s and 12AX7s from mullard and the likes. I've since then moved to digital, never thought I'd be selling all my analog gear but the Kemper Profiling amp is one terrific device that leaves literally nothing out. These Germans are just crazy good at everything they do. Ne'ways long story short, I skipped the tube route for HP amplification for now. GAS is always lurking round the corner :)

 

Kothganesh having said that, congrats on the new amp, hope you like it. Just make sure to keep it away form me if we ever get a chance to meet, else my wallet will take a beating :D


I am in Gurgaon as you might see in location, upper right.

 

also right now ultimate ears stuff at huge discount at flipkart (especially UE900 is at a crazy discount if anyone interested. recently got the UE6000 from there)

post #500 of 541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twangsta View Post
 

Hey guys so where are you based, I'm at Bombay.

 

Me getting an HD800 was quite accidental, my dad's been a hifi enthusiast as long as I can remember. I saw the HD800s on a fantastic discount on flipkart and grabbed the opportunity. 

 

I was eyeing an asgard2 but then I read the Lehmann BCL was developed using an HD650, and the HD800 was developed using the BCL! Thought that was cool and couldn't go wrong.

 

As for tubes, since I've been a guitar player I've had my share of experience with Dr.Z amps. Thought I'd skip the NOS chase, the last time it took me down some crazy money on EL84s and 12AX7s from mullard and the likes. I've since then moved to digital, never thought I'd be selling all my analog gear but the Kemper Profiling amp is one terrific device that leaves literally nothing out. These Germans are just crazy good at everything they do. Ne'ways long story short, I skipped the tube route for HP amplification for now. GAS is always lurking round the corner :)

 

Kothganesh having said that, congrats on the new amp, hope you like it. Just make sure to keep it away form me if we ever get a chance to meet, else my wallet will take a beating :D

I'm based in Chennai. If you got the 800 at the same price I did on Flipkart (sub 60), that's a fantastic price ! I've heard very good things about the Lehmann Black Cube so you let me know how that works out. I use the 800 with the ZD and the Crack and believe me, the Crack is just a very good fit. Do you still have the Kemper ? If so, can you give me some more details ?

 

Last, I'm glad you have a wallet. Mine disappeared some time ago :mad:

post #501 of 541
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibhavp View Post
 


+1 to he400i.

 

am debating between that or a tube amp+dynamic.

Get the Fostex TH 900. If you like a V-shaped sound, this is it ! 

post #502 of 541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twangsta View Post
 

Hey guys so where are you based, I'm at Bombay.

 

Me getting an HD800 was quite accidental, my dad's been a hifi enthusiast as long as I can remember. I saw the HD800s on a fantastic discount on flipkart and grabbed the opportunity. 

 

I was eyeing an asgard2 but then I read the Lehmann BCL was developed using an HD650, and the HD800 was developed using the BCL! Thought that was cool and couldn't go wrong.

 

As for tubes, since I've been a guitar player I've had my share of experience with Dr.Z amps. Thought I'd skip the NOS chase, the last time it took me down some crazy money on EL84s and 12AX7s from mullard and the likes. I've since then moved to digital, never thought I'd be selling all my analog gear but the Kemper Profiling amp is one terrific device that leaves literally nothing out. These Germans are just crazy good at everything they do. Ne'ways long story short, I skipped the tube route for HP amplification for now. GAS is always lurking round the corner :)

 

Kothganesh having said that, congrats on the new amp, hope you like it. Just make sure to keep it away form me if we ever get a chance to meet, else my wallet will take a beating :D

Never mind on the Kemper. Found out its a guitar amp and the only guitar I play is the 12 stringed Air :biggrin:

post #503 of 541

Still waiting for the Sub 60k deal on the 800

 

 

 

 @vaibhavp: we could try holding a small NCR meet, even if it's just the two of us. What say?

post #504 of 541
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinit90 View Post
 

Still waiting for the Sub 60k deal on the 800

 

 

 

 @vaibhavp: we could try holding a small NCR meet, even if it's just the two of us. What say?


I am ok. as long as you are interested in gear I have.

 

some weekend?

 

you can choose my place if you want. I stay alone. though please tell in advance as it will take quiet some time to clean it up.

post #505 of 541
Quote:
Originally Posted by kothganesh View Post
 

Get the Fostex TH 900. If you like a V-shaped sound, this is it ! 


too expensive. neither do I have quality amplification to do it justice right now.

post #506 of 541
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibhavp View Post
 


I am ok. as long as you are interested in gear I have.

 

some weekend?

 

you can choose my place if you want. I stay alone. though please tell in advance as it will take quiet some time to clean it up.

If by interested you mean if I'll buy any of the components in the near future and I'm listening to them only to get a demo, then I'm not totally sure. But I want to experience other setups and maybe I'll find something that really is a step-up from what I have. Or maybe of a different type, I want to listen to other setups and talk to similar minded people. :)

 

Weekend will suit me too. We could also have the meet at my house.

 

Let's see if someone else is also interested.

 

Regarding the last line, truer words were never spoken.

post #507 of 541
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinit90 View Post
 

If by interested you mean if I'll buy any of the components in the near future and I'm listening to them only to get a demo, then I'm not totally sure. But I want to experience other setups and maybe I'll find something that really is a step-up from what I have. Or maybe of a different type, I want to listen to other setups and talk to similar minded people. :)

 

Weekend will suit me too. We could also have the meet at my house.

 

Let's see if someone else is also interested.

 

Regarding the last line, truer words were never spoken.

 

hey I am not interested in selling it.

 

what I meant was if you already own stuff I got or heard else where, then what's the point?

 

yes lets see who else is interested. lets wind it up with in july itself. if any one else interested, may post in this thread before that.

 

 

post #508 of 541
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibhavp View Post
 

 

hey I am not interested in selling it.

 

what I meant was if you already own stuff I got or heard else where, then what's the point?

 

yes lets see who else is interested. lets wind it up with in july itself. if any one else interested, may post in this thread before that.

 

 

Never meant that you were selling them. I was just saying that I wasn't looking to buy a K550 anytime soon, and thus was not looking to demo it at your place so that if I like it I'll buy it from another place. Hope that clears the confusion. With the vast breadth of audio equipments available in the world to such a low amount of interested individuals in India, the chance of someone having an identical setup is rare. But since we all look up to this site for advice, exceptions might exist.

 

July seems to provide an adequate amount of time for someone to show their interest in the NCR meet. A small one, just to get things started, as wiser man have said "The first time's always the toughest"

post #509 of 541
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinit90 View Post
 

Never meant that you were selling them. I was just saying that I wasn't looking to buy a K550 anytime soon, and thus was not looking to demo it at your place so that if I like it I'll buy it from another place. Hope that clears the confusion. With the vast breadth of audio equipments available in the world to such a low amount of interested individuals in India, the chance of someone having an identical setup is rare. But since we all look up to this site for advice, exceptions might exist.

 

July seems to provide an adequate amount of time for someone to show their interest in the NCR meet. A small one, just to get things started, as wiser man have said "The first time's always the toughest"

 

ok. cool. just curious you have listed aune t1 as well as schiit vali in your inventory. (source and amp). do you use both together? I was reading aune has tube buffer in dac itself (ie its a tube dac). so does your setup has two tube stages (one in dac, one in amp?)

post #510 of 541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twangsta View Post

Hi folks.

Just found this thread. Is there a Bombay chapter here?

Recently took the dive and got an HD800. Currently using it with a UA Apollo twin duo audio interface.

Took a chance and ordered a Lehmann BCL from the buy and sell section.

Here's my current setup.




Looking forward to the new amp.

I'm a software dev and hobby guitar player rolleyes.gif

Cheers!

 

Hey.

Awesome set up.

I'm from Mumbai. I wouldn't call myself an expert. But I love music and this hobby as much as you do :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS