Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS - Page 33

post #481 of 1386

Delhi meet karlo bhai log :|

post #482 of 1386
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibhavp View Post
 

 

pics?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/650561/indian-audio-rendezvous-bangalore-impressions-pics

post #483 of 1386
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinit90 View Post
 

Delhi meet karlo bhai log :|

Yes, guys we should think about a meet in the near future.

post #484 of 1386
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathzombie View Post
 

Yes, guys we should think about a meet in the near future.


but I cant come to neverland

post #485 of 1386
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathzombie View Post
 

Yes, guys we should think about a meet in the near future.

 

Let's do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibhavp View Post
 


but I cant come to neverland

I'll pretend I understood that :P

post #486 of 1386

Hi Wrathzombie,

 

Long time!!! I lost your number.. was looking everywhere for it. My last phone got stolen(no, its not a cliche)

 

Please ping me!

Great to see you back and active.

Take care,

A~

post #487 of 1386

So fellow Indians.

 

I am planning to sell the following things. Don't want to post a classified because, I won't be able to ship outside the country and only people on this thread could be possibly interested.

 

These are the items that I am planning to sell.

 

MDR Z1000

HD 25 1-II

Maverick Audio TubeMagic A1

HRT MusicStreamer II

 

Send a PM. If interested.

post #488 of 1386
Hi folks.

Just found this thread. Is there a Bombay chapter here?

Recently took the dive and got an HD800. Currently using it with a UA Apollo twin duo audio interface.

Took a chance and ordered a Lehmann BCL from the buy and sell section.

Here's my current setup.




Looking forward to the new amp.

I'm a software dev and hobby guitar player rolleyes.gif

Cheers!
Edited by Twangsta - 6/26/14 at 2:02pm
post #489 of 1386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twangsta View Post

Hi folks.

Just found this thread. Is there a Bombay chapter here?

Recently took the dive and got an HD800. Currently using it with a UA Apollo twin duo audio interface.

Took a chance and ordered a Lehmann BCL from the buy and sell section.

Here's my current setup.




Looking forward to the new amp.

I'm a software dev and hobby guitar player rolleyes.gif

Cheers!


Hi,

 

nice setup there.

 

there are some people from Mumbai on this thread, though no specific chapter.

 

I thought there were probably like12 audiophiles in India, so 1-2 must be from Mumbai.

post #490 of 1386
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibhavp View Post
 


Hi,

 

nice setup there.

 

there are some people from Mumbai on this thread, though no specific chapter.

 

I thought there were probably like12 audiophiles in India, so 1-2 must be from Mumbai.

Vaibhav,

 

you are counting, aren't you?:wink: I guess the 12 audiophiles in India have very different set ups and there is no discussion at all. On the other hand, I think most of us are pretty active on the regular threads in Head-fi. An all-India meet would be great but who is going to lug around 4 dacs, 8 amps and 7 HPs? There is no sponsor as well (like there is elsewhere):mad:

post #491 of 1386

Hi Vaibhav and Ganesh!

 

A paltry 12! 

 

That just says so much about us. My brain hurts.

 

Great meeting you guys in any case!

 

Keep in touch... I've subscribed.

 

Cheers,

Sid

post #492 of 1386
Quote:
Originally Posted by kothganesh View Post
 

Vaibhav,

 

you are counting, aren't you?:wink: I guess the 12 audiophiles in India have very different set ups and there is no discussion at all. On the other hand, I think most of us are pretty active on the regular threads in Head-fi. An all-India meet would be great but who is going to lug around 4 dacs, 8 amps and 7 HPs? There is no sponsor as well (like there is elsewhere):mad:


all India meet would be lot of effort. train/flight travel, hotel stay etc. and then what will you get to hear, for a lot of people will not be worth it. (though I myself am yet to hear a lot of higher end gear).

 

by the way Kothganesh, any recommendation for inexpensive tube amp? I see you have crack, vali and zana deux. is difference between zana and crack and vali too big if used with mid fi phones like hd650?

post #493 of 1386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twangsta View Post
 

Hi Vaibhav and Ganesh!

 

A paltry 12! 

 

That just says so much about us. My brain hurts.

 

Great meeting you guys in any case!

 

Keep in touch... I've subscribed.

 

Cheers,

Sid

Sid:

 

Let's not be hard on ourselves here. For starters, we need to post what equipment we have in our profile. That can start a discussion. That's how Jagan contacted me to get the HE 500 and Simran bought the LCD-2.2 from me as well. I for one am willing to take some risk in buying equipment before hearing anything. As you know India sucks in terms of good HP availability. It is what it is. I just received my XCs after repair and I had to pay some more duty on top what I had paid earlier.

 

Anyway, let's keep in touch.

post #494 of 1386
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibhavp View Post
 


all India meet would be lot of effort. train/flight travel, hotel stay etc. and then what will you get to hear, for a lot of people will not be worth it. (though I myself am yet to hear a lot of higher end gear).

 

by the way Kothganesh, any recommendation for inexpensive tube amp? I see you have crack, vali and zana deux. is difference between zana and crack and vali too big if used with mid fi phones like hd650?

IMO, Vali is plenty enough for the HD 650.  The Crack is better than the Vali as well. I also think that the Zana Deux is only slightly better than the Crack but the ZD can run the orthos as well  which I doubt the Crack can do.

 

But you cannot go wrong with the Vali. If you want to buy one, let me know as I can sell it to you without the customs duty hassle. I am no longer using mine.  I also just ordered a Project Ember. Apparently, the Ember can drive a wide range of HPs including the HE 6 (which I plan on getting soon). As you can see, I'm starting to get into tube amps seriously. I love the warm tube sound.

post #495 of 1386
Quote:
Originally Posted by kothganesh View Post
 

IMO, Vali is plenty enough for the HD 650.  The Crack is better than the Vali as well. I also think that the Zana Deux is only slightly better than the Crack but the ZD can run the orthos as well  which I doubt the Crack can do.

 

But you cannot go wrong with the Vali. If you want to buy one, let me know as I can sell it to you without the customs duty hassle. I am no longer using mine.  I also just ordered a Project Ember. Apparently, the Ember can drive a wide range of HPs including the HE 6 (which I plan on getting soon). As you can see, I'm starting to get into tube amps seriously. I love the warm tube sound.

 

cool.

 

I also had eye on project ember till I asked on headfonia about it. they recommended against it but did'nt answer why? They recommended me to google search to find out problems with it, and I found none.

 

It was rather dubious and put me in doubt.

 

also why not to look at he560, their newest one. its easy to drive and light weight as well, my biggest complaint with orthos. as for vali, I will get back to you once I acquire hps. I intend to get maybe hd600 or dt880, again not directly available.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS