Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS - Page 31

post #451 of 562

Anyone into Electronics here or know suppliers ?

 

I have been trying past 2 weeks to get my hands on a 0-110-220v / 6-0-6v step up transformer without any luck.

 

any ideas where I could get one?  Anyone residing in Bangalore?

post #452 of 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayaflo View Post
 

Anyone into Electronics here or know suppliers ?

 

I have been trying past 2 weeks to get my hands on a 0-110-220v / 6-0-6v step up transformer without any luck.

 

any ideas where I could get one?  Anyone residing in Bangalore?

 

Try SP Road near Town hall (also near to KR Market), last time when I way in Bangalore with my Lyr, I got an step down transformer from there.

 

SP Road has more than 200+ Electronics shops. You would different options for transformers over there. 

post #453 of 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicinmymind View Post
 

 

Try SP Road near Town hall (also near to KR Market), last time when I way in Bangalore with my Lyr, I got an step down transformer from there.

 

SP Road has more than 200+ Electronics shops. You would different options for transformers over there. 

 

 

Yeah SP road is like 50km from where I stay. That is the only hassle yet the only option I have given I need to get a voltage multiplier circuit ready-made.

 

Why did you buy a transformer for the Lyr ? Because it runs on US power rating of 110v?

 

post #454 of 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayaflo View Post
 

Anyone into Electronics here or know suppliers ?

 

I have been trying past 2 weeks to get my hands on a 0-110-220v / 6-0-6v step up transformer without any luck.

 

any ideas where I could get one?  Anyone residing in Bangalore?

I believe the voltage in India is 240V. So if you need to power a US voltage-set product, you would need a step-down transformer.

Sorry if I misunderstood your requirement :smile: 

post #455 of 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAHZADA123 View Post
 

I believe the voltage in India is 240V. So if you need to power a US voltage-set product, you would need a step-down transformer.

Sorry if I misunderstood your requirement :smile: 

 

Highly misunderstood :(, 240/220v to 110v adapters are available in plenty.

 

I need to step up my A/V amplifier out for a speaker.

post #456 of 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayaflo View Post
 

 

Highly misunderstood :(, 240/220v to 110v adapters are available in plenty.

 

I need to step up my A/V amplifier out for a speaker.

Ok. Understood :wink_face:

post #457 of 562

To be frank with you ... I think even I am confused!

 

forget if I even enquired :(

post #458 of 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayaflo View Post

To be frank with you ... I think even I am confused!

forget if I even enquired frown.gif
FWIW, I have seen step up transformers available online. Obviously it is dependent on the power consumption meaning there are transformers rated for various levels of power.
post #459 of 562

Yeah I think I found a supplier here. Step down trannies are very easy to find so I am reversing one to step up voltage :)

 

Nope. No luck there. Might have to get them from adapters.


Edited by ayaflo - 5/1/14 at 11:39pm
post #460 of 562

Hello guys,

 

just picked AKG K550 from Jaben Singapore. got it for like 14k. its a good mid range option. hope customs won't catch me and tax for it.

 

I also auditioned and compared a few headphones and found:  

 

keep in mind these are not accurate to the t, as I mostly listen to enjoy music. an inch wider soundstage or slight more separation is something I will miss for sure:

 

shure srh 840: it had more forward midrange than akg thus sounded richer. sound stage performance was similar, they both don't sound close back, almost. refinement levels were good on both and maybe they are at par. though shure's bass did not sounded as transparent. I preferred akg's bass, thus went with it.

 

Beyerdynamic dt770 80 ohm: the midrange did not sounded richer rather recessed. so instantly put it down. so could'nt compare anything else. refinemet levels were on par though and were very high. I can see some people prefering it for its signature.

 

also tested alo audio pan am with akg q 701. awesome, lush thick rich sound. it sounded almost opposite of what people complain about q/k 701. it even had enough bass to satisfy me. 

Also if anyone looking to drive an amp to drive audeze lcd should certainly look into pan am. audeze them self are pushing it as a very good match.

post #461 of 562

Hello there Vaibhav,

 

Congrats for your new purchase! Awaiting reviews..

 

And since you mentioned Jaben, did they have the AK240 on demo? And if I'm right, Mike of Headfonia is also at Jaben. He writes decent gear reviews IMO. And our own Pro Audio Home in Mumbai has the AK product line up for sale. Eagerly awaiting a demo/ audition when on a trip there; provided they have one for demo that is!

post #462 of 562

Hi Guys,

Finally bit the bullet and purchased the NFB-6. Also bought a couple of kits to balance my headphones, and a Sennheiser balanced cable.

Will definitely post impressions once I get the goodies!

post #463 of 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShreyasMax View Post
 

Hello there Vaibhav,

 

Congrats for your new purchase! Awaiting reviews..

 

And since you mentioned Jaben, did they have the AK240 on demo? And if I'm right, Mike of Headfonia is also at Jaben. He writes decent gear reviews IMO. And our own Pro Audio Home in Mumbai has the AK product line up for sale. Eagerly awaiting a demo/ audition when on a trip there; provided they have one for demo that is!


thanks

 

mike is in jaben Singapore? I thought i saw some guy like him. not sure.

 

would've asked a lot of questions and definitely spoil his day :bigsmile_face:

 

sorry don't know if they had ak240 for demo. though they did had a lot of stuff for audition, lot of multi thousand $ gear. you can call them and ask. I had called them a lot of times from Gurgaon before going there.

post #464 of 562
Actually I was wrong, Mike is at Jaben Indonesia. Sorry about that. And anyways he was at the Fujiya Avic headphone fest in Tokyo recently; saw the pictures on headfonia, and here on head fi as well.
post #465 of 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibhavp View Post
 

Hello guys,

 

just picked AKG K550 from Jaben Singapore. got it for like 14k. its a good mid range option. hope customs won't catch me and tax for it.

 

..............

Also if anyone looking to drive an amp to drive audeze lcd should certainly look into pan am. audeze them self are pushing it as a very good match.

Vaibhav:

 

looking forward to your impressions on the AKG when you get a chance....The Pan Am is a tube amp right ?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS