I'm Pradeep, from Chennai. I have recently joined the Head Fi band wagon. Got myself the Senn HD650s with the help of my cousin from US.
I use a macbook pro as my source.
I also happened to buy the Earforce DSS Virtual 7.1 device which gives virtual 7.1 out of any headphones. I use this for movies alone. I heard this is great with games. Yet to try a game on this.
For music, as stereo is better than surround, i use the headphones alone.
I am yet to get an amp and DAC combo. I am thinking about getting the Nuforce Icon HDP.
Still searching the forums for advise on this.
I've downloaded some audiophile music online.
they are mostly high resolution FLAC files like the following:
1. B&W very high audiophile recordings(just fell in love with Allan Taylor's colour to the moon, one sexy, deep, masculine voice he's got),
2. FIM classical reference 1,
3. Bela Fleck's Throw down your heart,
4. Gustav Holst's -The Planets,
5. nordic sound 2L,
6. Steely Dan audiophile mega pack,
7. mudcrutch mudcrutch audiophile CD,
8. Mcintosh audiophile test reference,
9. True audiophile best of groove note,
10. Allan Taylor Behind the mix,
11. Tool Lateralus
Nice to see some Indians in this forum.