Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS - Page 280

post #4186 of 4267

Anyone is interested in buying a FiiO E18 Kunlun USB DAC/AMP for 6500-7000 INR?? It is just over 1 year old, and I've not used it that much in this period of time, so all the shines are there. 

If anyone is willing, please let me know. I'll be sharing the pics thereafter. 

post #4187 of 4267
Quote:
Originally Posted by kousik1946 View Post
 

Did onyone buy a used headphone (over the ear) from USA or UK and from head-fi? How do you pay and how do you know it's not fake? And after shipping are you being charged for customs? I want to buy some used pair from abroad through paypal. But I am scared of fake products and customs charge.

I've done the same along with many of the India Forum members present here. Via any forum listing in blogs and merchant websites like eBayi you have to see the following before going in for a purchase

 

1. Previous Track Record and Rating of the seller, including Feedback received 

2. In case of a Zero Feedback score, if the seller is offering a price, which is lower than anyone who has posted online, it is something one should be very careful about. Possibilities of fake are

    higher in those cases.  

3. Customs is charged on New items on the actual amount declared by seller, subject to maximum 36.05% ad valorem. For used items, it is charged at a 50% concession, so subject to maximum

    18.025% ad valorem. 

4. For New items it is advisable to ask the seller to declare the item at actual value to avoid delays from customs and ensuring proper application of warranty, as during repair sending item back 

    and forth the actual proof of payment of customs eases the issue when the item is shipped back after repair by the manufacturer. In case of used item, if warranty still exists, it is better to get 

    the original receipt for warranty purposes and ensure the seller declares the actual value of the transaction. For used item, it depends on the seller what value is declared, as one will get insurance

    coverage on the declared value if the item is lost in transit. 

5. In case of Used item, you should also check, if seller has a no return policy, as if there is a defect in the item the no return policy will be favourable to the seller. 

6. In case of dispute, you need a mediator like PayPal to ensure proper balance in is there in order to protect your interest, whether there is a delay in delivery or difference in item advertised

    and item sent. 

post #4188 of 4267

Well Said above:

 

And only thing - If its ever too good a deal to be true,  IT IS FALSE. Dont trust amazon/ebay vendors selling at 50% discounts on great headsets

post #4189 of 4267
Quote:
Originally Posted by xEcuToR View Post
 

I've done the same along with many of the India Forum members present here. Via any forum listing in blogs and merchant websites like eBayi you have to see the following before going in for a purchase

 

1. Previous Track Record and Rating of the seller, including Feedback received 

2. In case of a Zero Feedback score, if the seller is offering a price, which is lower than anyone who has posted online, it is something one should be very careful about. Possibilities of fake are

    higher in those cases.  

3. Customs is charged on New items on the actual amount declared by seller, subject to maximum 36.05% ad valorem. For used items, it is charged at a 50% concession, so subject to maximum

    18.025% ad valorem. 

4. For New items it is advisable to ask the seller to declare the item at actual value to avoid delays from customs and ensuring proper application of warranty, as during repair sending item back 

    and forth the actual proof of payment of customs eases the issue when the item is shipped back after repair by the manufacturer. In case of used item, if warranty still exists, it is better to get 

    the original receipt for warranty purposes and ensure the seller declares the actual value of the transaction. For used item, it depends on the seller what value is declared, as one will get insurance

    coverage on the declared value if the item is lost in transit. 

5. In case of Used item, you should also check, if seller has a no return policy, as if there is a defect in the item the no return policy will be favourable to the seller. 

6. In case of dispute, you need a mediator like PayPal to ensure proper balance in is there in order to protect your interest, whether there is a delay in delivery or difference in item advertised

    and item sent. 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by antz123 View Post
 

Well Said above:

 

And only thing - If its ever too good a deal to be true,  IT IS FALSE. Dont trust amazon/ebay vendors selling at 50% discounts on great headsets

Thank you very much for the reply. I really appriciate it. I want to buy some headphones around 600$, so I fear for the customs charge. Thanks again. And does paypal return the money if there is any dispute?

post #4190 of 4267
Quote:
Originally Posted by kousik1946 View Post
 

Did onyone buy a used headphone (over the ear) from USA or UK and from head-fi? How do you pay and how do you know it's not fake? And after shipping are you being charged for customs? I want to buy some used pair from abroad through paypal. But I am scared of fake products and customs charge

Its a risky proposition

post #4191 of 4267
Quote:
Originally Posted by kousik1946 View Post

Did onyone buy a used headphone (over the ear) from USA or UK and from head-fi? How do you pay and how do you know it's not fake? And after shipping are you being charged for customs? I want to buy some used pair from abroad through paypal. But I am scared of fake products and customs charge.

Purchased in ear's once from overseas.
Paid through pay pal.
Not paid customs. Maybe the price was low as those were only 60usd.
post #4192 of 4267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishal View Post


Purchased in ear's once from overseas.
Paid through pay pal.
Not paid customs. Maybe the price was low as those were only 60usd.

Thank you. Yes the IEM boxes quite small compare to large headphone boxes. That might be the cause, you did not have to pay for customs.

post #4193 of 4267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishal View Post


Purchased in ear's once from overseas.
Paid through pay pal.
Not paid customs. Maybe the price was low as those were only 60usd.


depends as said on packaging, Dunu come in a relatively larger box mine was captured by Customs. 

post #4194 of 4267

Meze 99 Neo Tour! 

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/840677/meze-99-neo-pre-launch-worldwide-review-tour-registrations-open

 

Encouraging more people from here to post so we can have an India tour.

post #4195 of 4267

A lot of people seem to like the Meze 99. Are these very special?

post #4196 of 4267
Quote:
Originally Posted by seamon View Post
 

A lot of people seem to like the Meze 99. Are these very special?

Depends upon those people's experience in audiophile journey too...

post #4197 of 4267
Quote:
Originally Posted by music4mhell View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by seamon View Post
 

A lot of people seem to like the Meze 99. Are these very special?

Depends upon those people's experience in audiophile journey too...

I am asking for a friend who's in the league of TOTL IEMs and HPs like Andromeda, UM Mason, 64 Audio U12, Ether Flow, LCD 3 etc.

post #4198 of 4267

i am just quoting what Meze told me

 

 

Originally Posted by MezeTeam View Post
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by superuser1 View Post
 

 

I would actually love to. If you get enough people in India to review the unit and do end up sending it to india i would love to take it for a spin especially because i want to compare the signature with the 99 Classic. 

Thanks

That sounds great! Glad to see that you are involving your own immediate community in India. 

 

Get as many people as you can, we can ship to India without a problem.

post #4199 of 4267
Hey guys!
My CHORD MOJO is up for sale. will get it shipped from Kerala.
Do pm me if you guys are interested. Will be posting an ad on headfi and olx in a day or two.
post #4200 of 4267

^I'd be really surprised if it gets sold via OLX

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS