Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS - Page 92

post #1366 of 1377
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayaflo View Post


What I notice is under the cheap limit of $500, wood of guitars dont make a whole lot of difference because the pups are really not all that good. On the other hand, I don't like strat shaped guitars because I have played one too many and don't find them really appealing any more though I like some of the Yamaha Pacifica guitars.
What I have back in India is a Greg Bennett Avion AV3 with a completely scalloped neck with a Marshall 10W, a Boss MT-2 and a Zoom G2n gifted by none other Head-fi user Wrathzombie smily_headphones1.gif

As of now, I just got an e-mail from the dealer telling me that the Jackson Rhoads will take 2 months to reach here from the distributor. The other guitar (2nd hand) and a hundred euros lesser is an Ibanez SA260fml, snapshot below. I like this guitar because I have played it and its neck is really close to the wizard neck. However don't have the super jumbo frets. The pickups are not good but the SAT-II pro bridge is much better than the Fender non-locking bridges. I love them more than many squiers and Mexican fender strats for the playability... I am still inclined to the Rhoads model due to the playability in the higher frets(12-16'' radius) and been inclined to trying a Floyd rose(licensed or otherwise) for quite sometime now...

Seeing your videos...now ..



It's best to play before buying...run the racks so to speak, here in india it's rear to see more than one or two examples of any one model. I went to town for that very reason, zero dud boutique builders. I think you'd go nuts if you played my Vigier biggrin.gif




I'll have to disagree about the fender non locking bridges, a Callaham strat bridge with raw vintage springs is a thing to behold. A good set up is always critical. I've hardly ever played a well set up guitar in any store here. But there's no right or wrong, whatever floats your boat :cool.gif

I've played a very good AV3, you could get lucky running the racks and find the 'one'. I don't like vintage frets either, medium jumbo lets me feel the neck, any bigger and I feel I'm playing a piano.
post #1367 of 1377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twangsta View Post


It's best to play before buying...run the racks so to speak, here in india it's rear to see more than one or two examples of any one model. I went to town for that very reason, zero dud boutique builders. I think you'd go nuts if you played my Vigier biggrin.gif




I'll have to disagree about the fender non locking bridges, a Callaham strat bridge with raw vintage springs is a thing to behold. A good set up is always critical. I've hardly ever played a well set up guitar in any store here. But there's no right or wrong, whatever floats your boat :cool.gif

I've played a very good AV3, you could get lucky running the racks and find the 'one'. I don't like vintage frets either, medium jumbo lets me feel the neck, any bigger and I feel I'm playing a piano.

 

My experience with Fenders are limited to squires and a lefty Mexican strat ... none of which kept their tuning on use of their whammy! I have neither played a properly set up guitar in any store....

 

I have decided against the Ibanez(Mahogany) and go for the pointy Rhoads(Basswood + GLUE..lots!) but I will change the pups back once I get a job and **** ..

 

Chao.... 

post #1368 of 1377

More News ... .the Jacksons are made in India :blink:

post #1369 of 1377

wtf lol where??? Jacksons are made in India? 

 

Pretty sure not confusing India with Indonesia? :tongue: My Yamaha and Cort both are made in Indonesia... 


Edited by EISENbricher - 12/15/14 at 9:39am
post #1370 of 1377
Quote:
Originally Posted by EISENbricher View Post
 

wtf lol where??? Jacksons are made in India? 

 

Pretty sure not confusing India with Indonesia? :tongue: My Yamaha and Cort both are made in Indonesia... 

 

No Jacksons or Ibanez have any more Indonesian made guitars in their current line ups.

 

It is no news that India is a potential country of cheap labor to set up shop since the Chinese labor rates have gone up 50% since 2011 among other trade sanctions.

 

Outsourcing is a m*therfu*ker. Our labor laws are rather stupid and one reason India is only still growing!

post #1371 of 1377
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayaflo View Post
 

 

No Jacksons or Ibanez have any more Indonesian made guitars in their current line ups.

 

It is no news that India is a potential country of cheap labor to set up shop since the Chinese labor rates have gone up 50% since 2011 among other trade sanctions.

 

Outsourcing is a m*therfu*ker. Our labor laws are rather stupid and one reason India is only still growing!


Damn! I remember hearing rumours about yamaha making guitars out side madras, when it was still called that. This is news though.

 

Would be cool to get one in all indian rose wood!

 

Did you get the Rhodes then? I get your point about the upper fret access, truth is I have no idea what to all the way up there :D

post #1372 of 1377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twangsta View Post
 


Damn! I remember hearing rumours about yamaha making guitars out side madras, when it was still called that. This is news though.

 

Would be cool to get one in all indian rose wood!

 

Did you get the Rhodes then? I get your point about the upper fret access, truth is I have no idea what to all the way up there :D

 

Ok some updates - I tried an affinity squier strat through a fender supersonic. Didn't like the neck nor the thin tone. I then tried a G&L ASAT tele - swamp ash body I guess, the tone was much richer but the lacquered neck ! AARGH!

Decided against the pointy.. I am more modest in my playing style. I tried a flying V and I think I look like Randy rhoads with the polka dots guitar and a minion with a rocket in his hand! Too big for his height.

 

So I have ordered a Jackson JS32 Dinky that I will be testing tomorrow. Again - basswood with licensed Floyd trem, which means sustain is from pickups. I will see how much it appeals to me and if it doesn't cut it much, I am going for the used Ibanez SA260FML for a 100 euros cheaper.

 

A pic for the glory of interested eyes.

 

 

post #1373 of 1377
Hello folks,

Now that I've finally ordered my FiiO X3 off eBay (got a good deal plus 10% off coupon - total 8100 INR), I'd like to sell my Cowon C2.

Do message if anyone's interested. Its up for 3000INR.
post #1374 of 1377

Shure SRH 1840 @ 30,507(MRP is 49,000) gr8 deal in my opinion.

post #1375 of 1377

Careful, it's snapdeal. They are pathetic sellers. Try at own risk... 

post #1376 of 1377

They have a 7 day return policy and 100% money back guarantee. Hopefully that should help whoever buys it. I know its quite an expense to make but it seems worthwhile given the discount, thought I will put it out there anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EISENbricher View Post
 

Careful, it's snapdeal. They are pathetic sellers. Try at own risk... 

Yes I have had a problem with Snapdeal in the past, received the wrong product, but I didnt send it back because it turned out to be better than what I ordered :)

post #1377 of 1377
Yep, the worst thing that could happen to you is that your money would be stuck for a few days.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS