- 486 Posts. Joined 5/2009
- Location: Dallas
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAKG K141 (Silver)tagged by nightmancometh, 11/14/14
- productGrado Labs SR225etagged by nightmancometh, 11/14/14
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by nightmancometh, 11/14/14
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 11/14/14
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by nightmancometh, 11/14/14
Related Forum Threads
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- On-ear, open headphones? Last post on 9/5/14 at 3:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade Suggestions from NFB-12 Last post on 12/15/13 at 3:42pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Bassy Headphones Last post on 9/23/13 at 9:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- How do the JHAudio 13/16 compare to the Sennheiser 650HD? Last post on 8/22/13 at 3:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/1/14
VentureCraft are a Japanese company well known for their portable headphone amplifiers and amp/DAC combo units. Today, I will be taking a look at their latest offering in this category: the...
This is a quick unboxing and review of the player. More detailed review coming soon.
Hi all, I will prepare a proper review when I have some time and am not working. In short however, these are superior to any IEM I have personally used for my tastes. I listen to a vast...
Disclaimer: I was given the MEElectronics M9 Classic in return for a review. The opinions expressed in this review are 100% my own, and were not influenced by MEElectronics in any way. Before I...
AK120II and Pono player combined review
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Your first headphones? - Page 6
Gear mentioned in this thread:
My first Headphones at all probably were Sony MDP In-Ears , forgot how the Name was but it was some sort of Stylish Collection in White with Skyblue Plastic Covers On-Top
And my First Real Headphones , were the Sinn 7 Monitor|S which sounded pretty ****ty (cheap ass AKG Clones)
sennheiser 428 were my first over ear
They actually sound quite nice! back then(as in like a year ago), I had them hooked up to a crappy source(ultrabook playing non HD youtube songs...yes I know). So I couldn't appreciate them in any way. Sure they sounded better than those stock apple earbuds but not by much. Nothing really could cause the source was so god awful.
Now, comparing them to my m50 they just lack any kind of bass impact or depth, and compared to the hd681 evo they just sound boxed in and unnatural. But they are neutral and I still hear an incredible amount of detail from them, extremely impressive considering they have a cord that would make a fishing line look strong by comparison.
- Your first headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Southeastern Michigan Spring Meet 03.14.2015 - Hosted by Overture... 26 seconds ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 43 seconds ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 52 seconds ago
- › Marantz HD-DAC1 3 minutes ago
- › Gentleman’s headphone recommendations? 3 minutes ago
- › EarSonics Velvet universal custom in ear monitor with three sound... 3 minutes ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 3 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 3 minutes ago
- › Echobox: The Unveiling @ CES 2015 4 minutes ago
- › Nice Competition: Alclair, Native DSD, Music Direct & iFi Audio... 4 minutes ago
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3