- 486 Posts. Joined 5/2009
- Location: Dallas
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAKG K141 (Silver)tagged by nightmancometh, 11/14/14
- productGrado Labs SR225etagged by nightmancometh, 11/14/14
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by nightmancometh, 11/14/14
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 11/14/14
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by nightmancometh, 11/14/14
Related Forum Threads
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- On-ear, open headphones? Last post on 9/5/14 at 3:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade Suggestions from NFB-12 Last post on 12/15/13 at 3:42pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Bassy Headphones Last post on 9/23/13 at 9:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- How do the JHAudio 13/16 compare to the Sennheiser 650HD? Last post on 8/22/13 at 3:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 3/10/15
I bought this headphone amp after having met Ray Samuels at a Headphone show. He made it absolutely clear how much he valued over-engineering his pieces and how much he prioritized long term...
I use this Headphone amp with my V-Moda M-100's. The 100's are just too "dark" without something to mitigate on the top octave's behalf. The OLED display is bright clean and easy to read. (A...
Build, Overall Usage: I have Sennheiser RS 130 for over 8 years now (and still lasting!) which says enough about their durability, and which is the most thing fascinating for me, I haven't...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank CTC Audio for providing me with a review sample of T-Peos Baguette IEMs in exchange for my honest opinion. This IEM is available at...
At the time this review was written, the T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid earphone was on sale for $79.00 USD on CTC Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Your first headphones? - Page 6
Gear mentioned in this thread:
My first Headphones at all probably were Sony MDP In-Ears , forgot how the Name was but it was some sort of Stylish Collection in White with Skyblue Plastic Covers On-Top
And my First Real Headphones , were the Sinn 7 Monitor|S which sounded pretty ****ty (cheap ass AKG Clones)
sennheiser 428 were my first over ear
They actually sound quite nice! back then(as in like a year ago), I had them hooked up to a crappy source(ultrabook playing non HD youtube songs...yes I know). So I couldn't appreciate them in any way. Sure they sounded better than those stock apple earbuds but not by much. Nothing really could cause the source was so god awful.
Now, comparing them to my m50 they just lack any kind of bass impact or depth, and compared to the hd681 evo they just sound boxed in and unnatural. But they are neutral and I still hear an incredible amount of detail from them, extremely impressive considering they have a cord that would make a fishing line look strong by comparison.
- Your first headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › "The Lab" 9 seconds ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 15 seconds ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 31 seconds ago
- › Are my cans good enough? 40 seconds ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 54 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › New iBasso Portable Amp/DAC: iBasso D14 "Bushmaster" 2 minutes ago
- › Top 5 Headphones Under $200 2 minutes ago
- › Ray Samuels P-51 Mustang by Zennheiser
- › FiiO E17 by Zennheiser
- › Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones by Tail
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › OPPO HA-2 by gerelmx1986
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by peareye
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by dnun8086
- › Luxury & Precision LP5 32bit DSD Portable Lossless Music Player by daduy
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2