- 487 Posts. Joined 5/2009
- Location: Dallas
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAKG K141 (Silver)tagged by nightmancometh, 11/14/14
- productGrado Labs SR225etagged by nightmancometh, 11/14/14
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by nightmancometh, 11/14/14
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 11/14/14
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by nightmancometh, 11/14/14
Related Forum Threads
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- On-ear, open headphones? Last post on 9/5/14 at 3:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade Suggestions from NFB-12 Last post on 12/15/13 at 3:42pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Bassy Headphones Last post on 9/23/13 at 9:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- How do the JHAudio 13/16 compare to the Sennheiser 650HD? Last post on 8/22/13 at 3:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 6/26/15
About Me I stumbled into the head-fi world when my itchy fingers picked up a Shure SE846 back in January’14. Since then, it has been a long journey, and I’m only just starting. Exploring the...
Introduction: As a well-known cable maker company, Forza AudioWorks is located in Poland. Its CEO and founder Matthew, a good English speaker and known as ‘’Matez’’ on Head-Fi, is a nice guy to...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My first introduction to Bluetooth earphones came with the Brainwavz Blu-100, and whilst...
Hi my name is Andrew Reddog Jones, I have been into this fantastic hobby for almost two years. I mostly take care of my mother and sometimes fix vcrs. Today I plan on doing a review oh HIFIMAN's...
Suprisingly, this cheap in ear jlab sounded good enough for me to come here and get into better sound.
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Your first headphones? - Page 6
Gear mentioned in this thread:
My first Headphones at all probably were Sony MDP In-Ears , forgot how the Name was but it was some sort of Stylish Collection in White with Skyblue Plastic Covers On-Top
And my First Real Headphones , were the Sinn 7 Monitor|S which sounded pretty ****ty (cheap ass AKG Clones)
sennheiser 428 were my first over ear
They actually sound quite nice! back then(as in like a year ago), I had them hooked up to a crappy source(ultrabook playing non HD youtube songs...yes I know). So I couldn't appreciate them in any way. Sure they sounded better than those stock apple earbuds but not by much. Nothing really could cause the source was so god awful.
Now, comparing them to my m50 they just lack any kind of bass impact or depth, and compared to the hd681 evo they just sound boxed in and unnatural. But they are neutral and I still hear an incredible amount of detail from them, extremely impressive considering they have a cord that would make a fishing line look strong by comparison.
- Your first headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › What Live concerts have you attended? 5 seconds ago
- › AIFF/ALAC/FLAC/WAV???? 31 seconds ago
- › xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED! 48 seconds ago
- › Schiit Fire and Save Matches! Bifrost Multibit is Here. 52 seconds ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-ZX100 DAP 1 minute ago
- › Rank the Headphones that You Own. 1 minute ago
- › Need help with sub $200 headphones 1 minute ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 2 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by Tobias89
- › Forza Audioworks IEM Cables by MikePortnoy
- › Axgio Sprint Sound Isolating Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Headphone,... by Brooko
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by reddog
- › JLab JBuds NEON Metal In-Ear Earbuds with Universal Mic for iPhone... by Zantrill
- › WooAudio WA7 Fireflies by JoeDoe
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by earfonia
- › HAVIT® HV-H91DJ Professional Stereo Studio Dj Series Headphones... by Vividcard
- › SoundFoundations Barracuda PowerMax Elite by YoYo JoKeR
- › Pro-Ject Audio - Hear it One - Audiophile stereo headphone - Black by ForShure
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2