I bought these:Siemens NOS triple mica rebranded PHILIPS SQ E82CC 1969. Hope they FIT? I am all new to this. I have ZERO idea what I am doing. I am thankful for all your info and advice. Would you believe it I am just walking out to buy connection cable and a power cord.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohmstagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by Themorganlett85, 5/10/14
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 12/4/11
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA3tagged by System, 3/29/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 4/2/11More
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 8/27/10
- productWooAudio WA7 Firefliestagged by AudioMan612, 5/26/15
- productWoo Audio WEE electrostatic energizertagged by System, 3/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD650 & Schiit Valhalla Setup? Last post on 9/18/11 at 1:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an advice for setting up a closed, comfort, light weight full-size headphone set Last post on 5/24/11 at 6:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 3/8/16 at 10:20pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
This review is for someone looking for a good pair of in-ear headphones after using over-ear phones; that's the situation where I am coming from at least, as I have been using Sennheiser's HD598...
I was excited to be approached by world famous cable artisan company 'Effect Audio' and asked me to provide a review of their recently released Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable. This cable is...
This is my second attempt at using a portable amp (I returned my Fiio E12A for this). That was a good decision. The Cayin C5 is an absolute powerhouse. It can power IEM's and earbuds...
Introduction/Disclaimer I was given this sample in exchange for my honest opinion and impressions. I would especially like to thank Kathryn for getting in touch for purpose of this review. I...
I've become a big fan of wireless headphones over the years with aptx codec, bluetooth 4.0 technology, and li-ion batteries becoming the standard. This allows more of the battery to be dedicated to...
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 2563post #38431 of 384447/24/16 at 9:47pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #38432 of 384447/25/16 at 1:17pmpost #38433 of 384447/25/16 at 1:40pmpost #38434 of 384447/25/16 at 7:20pmpost #38435 of 384447/25/16 at 7:38pm
I'm using Sylvania 6BL7's. I really like them.
I would still like to know how they get 10 watts out of those tubes. Something fishy is going on here. Is it a hybrid and the tubes are a pre-amp?????post #38436 of 384447/26/16 at 1:37amQuote:
You can get 10 watts out of one 6BL7 in push pull.
I still have a amp I built when I was a child 11 watts 6SL7>6SN7>6BL7.post #38437 of 384447/26/16 at 1:42ampost #38438 of 384447/26/16 at 1:50amQuote:
Maybe. Nothing has been confirmed. Although one member sighted it at the meet. There was no comment on the power tubes used.post #38439 of 384447/26/16 at 1:51am
Yes, and they sound terrific. Definitely in the top 5 300B tubes for the WA5 (any version). Maybe the best bang for the buck tube as well.post #38440 of 384447/26/16 at 5:44amQuote:
Yes, my original tube upgrade when I bought my WA-LE 5 years ago were EML 300B Mesh tubes and they are still going strong.post #38441 of 384447/28/16 at 1:45ampost #38442 of 384447/28/16 at 6:04am
All the combinations I tried in my WA5-LE I though the c3g was a little in the lean side. I have the 596. I will try this combo.post #38443 of 384447/28/16 at 6:47amQuote:
I find this the best so far in adding a little more body/warmth.
Edited by jhljhl - Yesterday at 7:06 ampost #38444 of 384447/29/16 at 4:05pm
hi all, im looking to step up from my Vali 2 w/ either a WA2 or WA6SE, could someone possibly give me some cliff notes on how to decide between these two amps? im pretty set on getting a woo audio amp.
im using optical from my PC to the new modi multibit. i currently have the T1, Hd600, AKG712 - next up is either hd800 or elear
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Schiit Modi Multibit DAC 25 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 1 minute ago
- › The Opamp thread 2 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 6 minutes ago
- › Rising cost of "audiophile" equipment and importance of bias/blind... 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Best gaming mice 8 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 10 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 11 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80 by AnssiRai
- › Effect Audio Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable by sonickarma
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Tayyab Pirzada
- › Edifier S1000DB Audiophile Active Bookshelf Speakers - Bluetooth... by dnun8086
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Llloyd
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › FiiO L9 L-Shaped Line Out Dock (LOD) Cable For iPod and iPhone by ryanjsoo
- › Espressivo-E by Feliks Audio by thatonenoob
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by istirsin
- › ONKYO A800 50mm Open Back Headphone by Sonic Defender
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...