Got me a schiit asgard2 so I can listen to some quick music in the morning without having to deal with tube warming up or decrease tube life by turning the amp on and off so quickly. I can tell you that I agree with the 2 stars review by tdockweiler. The asgard 2 sounded congested and although I enjoyed the coloring of vocals sound a bit, the rest of the sound signature leaves a lot to be desire, bass is blurry and treble isn't well extended. I guess I'm so used to WA5, even with stock 300B it beat the asgard 2. I may just use stock 300B and so I don't have to worry about the cost replacing tubes. In any case this may go on the for sale forum soon, we'll see what my mood is tomorrow morning :).
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohmstagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by Themorganlett85, 5/10/14
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 12/4/11
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA3tagged by System, 3/29/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 4/2/11More
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 8/27/10
- productWooAudio WA7 Firefliestagged by AudioMan612, 5/26/15
- productWoo Audio WEE electrostatic energizertagged by System, 3/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD650 & Schiit Valhalla Setup? Last post on 9/18/11 at 1:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an advice for setting up a closed, comfort, light weight full-size headphone set Last post on 5/24/11 at 6:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 10/1/10 at 6:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 4/13/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
Introduction I initially caught wind of Flare Audio and their offerings through a friend's Facebook post. Cutting a long story short I clicked the link and with each detail I read became more...
Love this pair of headphones. Huge sound stage. Great for classical music. The bass is not shabby and is good enough to enjoy Coldplays Viva la Vida. Of course comprable amplifiers are necessry...
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 2242
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #33617 of 336195/28/15 at 11:40pmpost #33618 of 336195/29/15 at 6:30am
Based on your picture it looks like your amp is a WA5-LE (just like mine). Do you find that the HE1000 sound better out of the High Impedance output than the Low even that the HE1000 are around 40 ohms?post #33619 of 336195/29/15 at 8:34amQuote:
Just getting started with these. I haven't played with low vs. high-- they're just too new. I'm still in the "I wonder what THIS album sounds like?!" phase (Moving Pictures = CrazyGreat, Couldn't Stand The Weather = Meh). My reference is the HD-800. Out of the box, the first thing you notice on the HE-1000 is loads and loads of bass. Deep, deep, deep, full-bodied, unapologetic bass. So much that I pulled the GZ-34 rectifiers in favor of the 596s, which lets the bass extend without much coloration or boost. That seemed to tame things a bit. At lower volumes the GZ-34 is a pretty cool match because you get all of that deep bass while listening quietly. The question is how will they change as the headphone breaks in? We'll see. I can say they are the best imaging headphones I've heard (and keep in mind I've had them for one night-- these are initial impressions only). The HD-800 may have a wider soundstage (the one area I think the HD-800 bested the HE-1000 so far) but it's nowhere near as precise when it comes to imaging and that's a tradeoff I'll take in a second. I'm a huge fan of the HD-800. But there's a new boss in town, and I think he's going to take up permanent residence.
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 3 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-A15 vs FiiO X1 4 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Logitech z623 Vs. Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 7 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 7 minutes ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 8 minutes ago
- › Vape-Fi 11 minutes ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with Mango (Stock Firmware) 11 minutes ago
- › Equipment racks - yay or nay? 13 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2Pro Earphones by dnun8086
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by Chiek
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2