Woo doesn't make cables, so the entire discussion is moot for the sake of this thread.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K 701 Whitetagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohmstagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by Themorganlett85, 5/10/14
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 12/4/11
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA3tagged by System, 3/29/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 4/2/11More
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 8/27/10
- productWoo Audio WEE electrostatic energizertagged by System, 3/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an advice for setting up a closed, comfort, light weight full-size headphone set Last post on 5/24/11 at 6:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 10/1/10 at 6:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Woo Audio WA6/WA3 or Burson HA-160 for HD650??? Last post on 5/11/14 at 8:36am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 7/10/14
I love these. I have BeatsPro, Monster Inspiration and these blow them away! They are super comfortable and I can hear the nuances of all sounds.
These are my go-to set of headphones and I could have them on for 4-5h without fatigue or discomfort. I love the sound signature but understand it's not for everyone. Highs: Clean, detailed,...
Having a V-Moda Crossfade LP2 for a while now and very impressed with its sound quality and comfort as closed-back headphones, I was looking for a set of open-backs for certain genres of music that...
As a budget closed-back set of headphones, I think they are not bad. The treble is rolled off quite a bit, which is not great in regard to clarity, but good in reducing fatigue on long sessions....
Best sound i ever heard from closed-up portables. I tried: koss porta, senheiser momentum, senheiser hd 25, ath es700, ath or7 and others i dont remember and some number of earphones and few gaming...
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 2091post #31351 of 3136510/30/14 at 11:41am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #31352 of 3136510/30/14 at 5:46pmQuote:
Thanks. Didn't know that. I'm sure there's some new-people-read-this-first thread that I bypassed. ;)post #31353 of 3136510/30/14 at 8:55pm
Good thread on the Tak 300Bs:
But the most interesting part was learning that there existed a NOS competitor to the WE 300B, called the STC 4300B and made in England. Apparently it's far rarer and supposedly sounds even better. Somebody on that thread was able to get one but none appear to be for sale now anywhere.post #31354 of 3136510/30/14 at 9:33pmpost #31355 of 3136510/31/14 at 12:02ampost #31356 of 3136510/31/14 at 6:02am
Hi. I have done a detailed shootout for the Woo WA5 and the EC 4-45. If you are interested please see the following thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/740466/epic-woo-wa5-eddie-current-4-45-shootoutpost #31357 of 3136510/31/14 at 9:10ampost #31358 of 3136510/31/14 at 9:16am
From my experience in the Head-Fi journey, make do with what you have. So start modding your HD800 and get a HE-6 now!
Besides, I will be missing the euphony of the WA5 and ironically, the emotion conveyed by the mass of strings sounding like its one man playing. The WA5 is really special.post #31359 of 3136510/31/14 at 12:15pm
I did a massive session on my WA22 last night. 10PM to 5.30AM. Figured I better get off as it was close to the eight hours use. Just got three hours sleep and now I'm back on listening to some Steely Dan.
I'm having way too much Woo-hoo fun.post #31360 of 3136510/31/14 at 1:16pmQuote:
Haha.. I'm doing similar thing, although I can't stay up that much anymore, getting old. I'm live burning in the amp. Think this will be my tube configuration for a while, SERPs + TG BGRP + Mullar CV593:post #31361 of 3136510/31/14 at 3:40pm
Well I listen to speaker 90% anyway these days so it probably better I have WA 5. My speaker is inefficient and going to need every watt the amp could afford. Even then, I would probably said I prefer the EC 45 sound if what you describe is true.
Edited by kokushu - Today at 3:48 pmpost #31362 of 3136510/31/14 at 4:25pm
Scored some RK60 tubes this week from a seller in Montreal ,not to many of those going around and got a great price also. Glenn will be making my adapter for the RK'S hopefully will have it soon .post #31363 of 3136510/31/14 at 5:28pmpost #31364 of 3136510/31/14 at 5:58pmQuote:
This guy.adapters! They look alike i would of bought from him but he took his time to answer my questions and was charging me over $40.00 for shipping 2 tubes and adapter so luckily there was my guy here in town .no shipping and a good deal i bought 5 tubes
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Band Name Game II 38 seconds ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 1 minute ago
- › The How and Why of Tubes 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Divine Moments in Music 3 minutes ago
- › FT: Shure SRH-1840 for other Headphones 3 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 5 minutes ago
- › Mid Range ($400-600) open headphones 7 minutes ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by jehovahluvsme
- › V-MODA LP2 by M-Techn1k
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by M-Techn1k
- › Sony MDR-XD200 Stereo Headphones by M-Techn1k
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ES10 EarSuit Headphones by vincik
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by vincik
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Frank I
- › Viva Egoista Amplifier by Frank I
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by MenacingTuba
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by Mshenay
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)