Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K 701 Whitetagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohmstagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by Themorganlett85, 5/10/14
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 12/4/11
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA3tagged by System, 3/29/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 4/2/11More
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 8/27/10
- productWoo Audio WEE electrostatic energizertagged by System, 3/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an advice for setting up a closed, comfort, light weight full-size headphone set Last post on 5/24/11 at 6:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 10/1/10 at 6:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Woo Audio WA6/WA3 or Burson HA-160 for HD650??? Last post on 5/11/14 at 8:36am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: Yesterday
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 7/10/14
I only read about them. I never tried them on. I never heard them. That's not something one normally does when parting with several hundred dollars or more for headphones. But, what I had read...
Want to preface this by presenting this picture, I'm not a TROLL or a A-Hole, I just like to mock the fu** out of headphones I dislike. This time its time for the "Fehlerhaft...
So I have essentially re-p[purchased a pair of K702s, in as much as I previously owned and sold a pair of K701s I had got rid of the K701s because I just wasn't using them much, due to the fact...
In two words, hugely disappointing. I was looking for an open-back 'phone to use as an alternative to my AKG 550s and having owned Sennheiser HD 600s and AKG K701s previously, I thought I give...
Thinksound is a company that’s focussed on sustainable and environmentally conscious headphones. In fact, they even offer a recycling program for headphones with a bonus if you recycle their...
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1979post #29671 of 316383/27/14 at 1:51pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #29672 of 316383/27/14 at 1:52pmpost #29673 of 316383/27/14 at 1:57pmpost #29674 of 316383/27/14 at 2:01pm
Yes this is vega. My system is now being completely renewed. I had to sell my avantgarde audio duo mezzo and audio note neiro, because we need a room for my second son, which is on 23-th July to be borned. My first son is now 13 Months so how you can think i had not opportunity to hear the boxes really. So i decided to build a completely new system. A headphone one.post #29675 of 316383/27/14 at 2:05pmpost #29676 of 316383/27/14 at 2:07pm
I have been on this forum for some time now, but i was passive so far. Till today ;-).
I have contacted Piotr Ryka, who is the polish audiophile who knows different headphones very well. I knew stax, because i had some years ago stax system (4040 i think) and i liked the sound of it. It was very good for classic and jazz that i listen to.
Well the best amplifying he heard with stax sr 009 was transistor amp with tube preamp via stax transformer from peter rill, so i ordered it and wait for it (it takes a long time for Peter to build it). I hope that woo audio will be better then this, because it would mean for me many bucks spend on good pre and amplifier. Well, we will see.post #29677 of 316383/27/14 at 3:36pm
Are you using stock tubes? There are some excellent EL 34 on the market that will make it sing. I had it here with the upgraded tubes and it made a big difference. If you can find some NOS Mullard EL 34 and some RCA 12Au7 clear tops with soem bette 5AR4 over stock . The NOS Mullards are excellent as well.
Edited by Frank I - 3/27/14 at 3:38pmpost #29678 of 316383/27/14 at 8:07pm
So up until a few months ago I was a solid state guy. I then purchased a WA3+ from another head-fier and...
I want more - more tubey goodness. This is my first tube amp and I am sold...
That screaming you hear is the sound of my credit card begging for mercy...post #29679 of 316383/28/14 at 1:01ampost #29680 of 316383/28/14 at 3:13amQuote:
As they say, Welcome to Head-Fi....Sorry a bout your wallet....post #29681 of 316383/28/14 at 1:12pmQuote:
Welcome to the club, sorry about your wallet. The WA3+ is how I started. Now I have more headphone amps than I thought I would ever justify, including a Zana Deux SE, an OTL of great distinction.post #29682 of 316383/28/14 at 1:25pmIf I bought a relatively low ohm headphone with good sensitivity and it had a lot of body with minimal amplification would you say that a wa7 (different source) would be a good pairing to get some tubeyness out of the headphone without making it too syrupy? It's a very well balanced headphone with a good transparent tone.post #29683 of 316383/28/14 at 1:35pm
Thanks. I already have the upgraditis. I've been into audio since I was a teenager (older brother's influence). I used to have Hafler DH-110/XL-280 that I DIYed and a pair of Vandersteen 2Ce speakers. I sold the speakers years ago, the amp/pre-amp are in storage (and for sale) and just recently got back into audio.
This whole thing started with a Headstreamer external sound card and my old Grado SR-80s. That was the first taste. Shortly thereafter came the MF M1HPA and Denon AH-D2000s and Schiit Bifrost. Then came the WA3+ and the beyer T90s. Ugh. Now I want a Sonnett.
This hobby really is a runaway train. The only good thing about it is the sound I get from my current rig would cost 10x as much if it was a full-sized set-up filling a room with sound. Besides, I like the fact the room is taken out of the equation as no room is acoustically perfect (my old 'steens used to face sliding glass doors).post #29684 of 316383/30/14 at 7:26amWhat's a more moderately priced power cord than the $230.00 per meter 4N purity copper cable Woo Audio offers for their amplifiers? I've got a WA6 shipping this week and I'm looking to slow down the dollar leakage. Nobody told me this hobby was so costly. Maybe I should've gotten into show dogs.
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 11 seconds ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 17 seconds ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 46 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 55 seconds ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 1 minute ago
- › Sound blaster Z vs Audigy RX 1 minute ago
- › Music and Gaming Headphone Recommendations? 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014:... 3 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Statement Series GS1000i Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MrTechAgent
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by twelvebears
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by twelvebears
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Loquah
- › Brainwavz AP001 Portable Headphone Amplifier by earfonia
- › CEntrance HiFi-M8 by CasperBxl
- › DITA Audio The Answer by twister6
- › Questyle CMA800i - integrated DAC, headphone amp, and preamp by project86
- › InEar StageDiver SD-3 by Krisman
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)