Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K 701 Whitetagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohmstagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by Themorganlett85, 5/10/14
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 12/4/11
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA3tagged by System, 3/29/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 4/2/11More
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 8/27/10
- productWoo Audio WEE electrostatic energizertagged by System, 3/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an advice for setting up a closed, comfort, light weight full-size headphone set Last post on 5/24/11 at 6:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 10/1/10 at 6:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Woo Audio WA6/WA3 or Burson HA-160 for HD650??? Last post on 5/11/14 at 8:36am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: Today
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: Today
The new iteration of the Brainwavz R3 is an intriguing earphone. They’re large earphones, each side containing two dynamic drivers in big pill shaped aluminium housings. They currently retail for...
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be...
iBasso D-Zero MKII Review iBasso is a very common name out there on the forums now, with their DX50 and DX90 gaining a rather large user base. I have reviewed both the DX50 and DX90 and I found...
These headphones generally are excellent. They possess this remarkable mixture of openness and intimacy at the same time. There’s a true sense of soundstage, with a good width and depth and still...
Brainwavz S0 Quick Review Thanks to mp4nation for the sample. Full Review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/743834/brainwavz-s0-review-by-mark2410 Brief: The S5 has a baby...
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1979post #29671 of 316493/27/14 at 1:51pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #29672 of 316493/27/14 at 1:52pmpost #29673 of 316493/27/14 at 1:57pmpost #29674 of 316493/27/14 at 2:01pm
Yes this is vega. My system is now being completely renewed. I had to sell my avantgarde audio duo mezzo and audio note neiro, because we need a room for my second son, which is on 23-th July to be borned. My first son is now 13 Months so how you can think i had not opportunity to hear the boxes really. So i decided to build a completely new system. A headphone one.post #29675 of 316493/27/14 at 2:05pmpost #29676 of 316493/27/14 at 2:07pm
I have been on this forum for some time now, but i was passive so far. Till today ;-).
I have contacted Piotr Ryka, who is the polish audiophile who knows different headphones very well. I knew stax, because i had some years ago stax system (4040 i think) and i liked the sound of it. It was very good for classic and jazz that i listen to.
Well the best amplifying he heard with stax sr 009 was transistor amp with tube preamp via stax transformer from peter rill, so i ordered it and wait for it (it takes a long time for Peter to build it). I hope that woo audio will be better then this, because it would mean for me many bucks spend on good pre and amplifier. Well, we will see.post #29677 of 316493/27/14 at 3:36pm
Are you using stock tubes? There are some excellent EL 34 on the market that will make it sing. I had it here with the upgraded tubes and it made a big difference. If you can find some NOS Mullard EL 34 and some RCA 12Au7 clear tops with soem bette 5AR4 over stock . The NOS Mullards are excellent as well.
Edited by Frank I - 3/27/14 at 3:38pmpost #29678 of 316493/27/14 at 8:07pm
So up until a few months ago I was a solid state guy. I then purchased a WA3+ from another head-fier and...
I want more - more tubey goodness. This is my first tube amp and I am sold...
That screaming you hear is the sound of my credit card begging for mercy...post #29679 of 316493/28/14 at 1:01ampost #29680 of 316493/28/14 at 3:13amQuote:
As they say, Welcome to Head-Fi....Sorry a bout your wallet....post #29681 of 316493/28/14 at 1:12pmQuote:
Welcome to the club, sorry about your wallet. The WA3+ is how I started. Now I have more headphone amps than I thought I would ever justify, including a Zana Deux SE, an OTL of great distinction.post #29682 of 316493/28/14 at 1:25pmIf I bought a relatively low ohm headphone with good sensitivity and it had a lot of body with minimal amplification would you say that a wa7 (different source) would be a good pairing to get some tubeyness out of the headphone without making it too syrupy? It's a very well balanced headphone with a good transparent tone.post #29683 of 316493/28/14 at 1:35pm
Thanks. I already have the upgraditis. I've been into audio since I was a teenager (older brother's influence). I used to have Hafler DH-110/XL-280 that I DIYed and a pair of Vandersteen 2Ce speakers. I sold the speakers years ago, the amp/pre-amp are in storage (and for sale) and just recently got back into audio.
This whole thing started with a Headstreamer external sound card and my old Grado SR-80s. That was the first taste. Shortly thereafter came the MF M1HPA and Denon AH-D2000s and Schiit Bifrost. Then came the WA3+ and the beyer T90s. Ugh. Now I want a Sonnett.
This hobby really is a runaway train. The only good thing about it is the sound I get from my current rig would cost 10x as much if it was a full-sized set-up filling a room with sound. Besides, I like the fact the room is taken out of the equation as no room is acoustically perfect (my old 'steens used to face sliding glass doors).post #29684 of 316493/30/14 at 7:26amWhat's a more moderately priced power cord than the $230.00 per meter 4N purity copper cable Woo Audio offers for their amplifiers? I've got a WA6 shipping this week and I'm looking to slow down the dollar leakage. Nobody told me this hobby was so costly. Maybe I should've gotten into show dogs.
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 1 minute ago
- › Listening Fatigue with the X5 and Some Additional Questions 2 minutes ago
- › Got The Brainwavz S0 Today!! a.k.a. The S0 impressions thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 3 minutes ago
- › CanOpener? 4 minutes ago
- › Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Sound Quality 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 9 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 9 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by lecky
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import) by Mink
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by ClieOS
- › Blue Microphones Mo-Fi Powered High-Fidelity Headphones with... by MacedonianHero
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › Cowon iAUDIO 7 16Gb by Climber
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheHeadPhoneGuy
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)