Recent Images In This Thread
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by Themorganlett85, 5/10/14
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 12/4/11
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA3tagged by System, 3/29/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 8/27/10
- productWoo Audio WEE electrostatic energizertagged by System, 3/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 10/1/10 at 6:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HD800 + $1,000-$2,500 Amp = Sonic Bliss? Last post on 7/17/14 at 1:10am in High-end Audio Forum
- Need an advice for setting up a closed, comfort, light weight full-size headphone set Last post on 5/24/11 at 6:29am in Headphones (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 7/10/14
Disclaimer: I would like to sincerely thank Salsera and Brainwavz for providing the sample S5 for this review. For most of my audio listening “career”, I haven’t been a big fan of...
I remember browsing the ebay like many of you guys do to see what is out there in portable amplifier land and this one caught my attention because for one it looked very nice and second it...
Intro The HE-400i is the latest headphone from Hifiman. It was released recently as a replacement for the popular HE-400. This write-up will give my initial impressions of the HE-400i as well as...
There's not much that haven't been said about this amazing universal IEM so I'll try not to repeat. I bought the TG334 at Fujiya Avic...thanks to AnakChan for his strong recommendation and for...
This is a review of Logitech/Ultimate Ears UE900s multi-driver in-ear monitors. http://www.ultimateears.com/en-us/900s The original UE900 was my first pair of hi-fi IEMs, the one which opened...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1979
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yes this is vega. My system is now being completely renewed. I had to sell my avantgarde audio duo mezzo and audio note neiro, because we need a room for my second son, which is on 23-th July to be borned. My first son is now 13 Months so how you can think i had not opportunity to hear the boxes really. So i decided to build a completely new system. A headphone one.
I have been on this forum for some time now, but i was passive so far. Till today ;-).
I have contacted Piotr Ryka, who is the polish audiophile who knows different headphones very well. I knew stax, because i had some years ago stax system (4040 i think) and i liked the sound of it. It was very good for classic and jazz that i listen to.
Well the best amplifying he heard with stax sr 009 was transistor amp with tube preamp via stax transformer from peter rill, so i ordered it and wait for it (it takes a long time for Peter to build it). I hope that woo audio will be better then this, because it would mean for me many bucks spend on good pre and amplifier. Well, we will see.
Are you using stock tubes? There are some excellent EL 34 on the market that will make it sing. I had it here with the upgraded tubes and it made a big difference. If you can find some NOS Mullard EL 34 and some RCA 12Au7 clear tops with soem bette 5AR4 over stock . The NOS Mullards are excellent as well.
Edited by Frank I - 3/27/14 at 3:38pm
So up until a few months ago I was a solid state guy. I then purchased a WA3+ from another head-fier and...
I want more - more tubey goodness. This is my first tube amp and I am sold...
That screaming you hear is the sound of my credit card begging for mercy...
As they say, Welcome to Head-Fi....Sorry a bout your wallet....
Welcome to the club, sorry about your wallet. The WA3+ is how I started. Now I have more headphone amps than I thought I would ever justify, including a Zana Deux SE, an OTL of great distinction.
Thanks. I already have the upgraditis. I've been into audio since I was a teenager (older brother's influence). I used to have Hafler DH-110/XL-280 that I DIYed and a pair of Vandersteen 2Ce speakers. I sold the speakers years ago, the amp/pre-amp are in storage (and for sale) and just recently got back into audio.
This whole thing started with a Headstreamer external sound card and my old Grado SR-80s. That was the first taste. Shortly thereafter came the MF M1HPA and Denon AH-D2000s and Schiit Bifrost. Then came the WA3+ and the beyer T90s. Ugh. Now I want a Sonnett.
This hobby really is a runaway train. The only good thing about it is the sound I get from my current rig would cost 10x as much if it was a full-sized set-up filling a room with sound. Besides, I like the fact the room is taken out of the equation as no room is acoustically perfect (my old 'steens used to face sliding glass doors).
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 33 seconds ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 1 minute ago
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 Over Ear Headphone 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Getting a HUGO or HDVD800? 3 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 6 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 7 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 7 minutes ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Grant Fidelity TubeDAC-11 - Aus Only 8 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by HK_sends
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Dsnuts
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by canuckavelli
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)