Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K 701 Whitetagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohmstagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by Themorganlett85, 5/10/14
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 12/4/11
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA3tagged by System, 3/29/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 4/2/11More
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 8/27/10
- productWoo Audio WEE electrostatic energizertagged by System, 3/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an advice for setting up a closed, comfort, light weight full-size headphone set Last post on 5/24/11 at 6:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 10/1/10 at 6:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Woo Audio WA6/WA3 or Burson HA-160 for HD650??? Last post on 5/11/14 at 8:36am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 11/28/14
Couldn't find much on the internet about these, so I took the plunge. Pros: Nice aesthetics Solid build quality Cheaper than Bose equivalent, looks and feels nicer,...
I don't claim to be an expert audiophile. More of a wannabe. I do love finding under the radar headphones with good value. I can compare this to a few other bluetooth headsets I have spent some...
Brainwavz M1 Quick Review Thanks to mp4nation back in the day for the sample. Full length old review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/499583/brainwavz-m1-review Brief: Old but...
I have own the Dunu tridents for about 4-5 months, and about a week about, the left ear suddenly stopped working. I left them on my desk for the weekend, no spills, or anything touching them. Now i...
Intro Here is a review of the Audio-Technica CKR10 there are a couple reviews of this model already but the more reviews the better. First I would like to say thank you to Audio-Technica for...
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1979post #29671 of 324583/27/14 at 1:51pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #29672 of 324583/27/14 at 1:52pmpost #29673 of 324583/27/14 at 1:57pmpost #29674 of 324583/27/14 at 2:01pm
Yes this is vega. My system is now being completely renewed. I had to sell my avantgarde audio duo mezzo and audio note neiro, because we need a room for my second son, which is on 23-th July to be borned. My first son is now 13 Months so how you can think i had not opportunity to hear the boxes really. So i decided to build a completely new system. A headphone one.post #29675 of 324583/27/14 at 2:05pmpost #29676 of 324583/27/14 at 2:07pm
I have been on this forum for some time now, but i was passive so far. Till today ;-).
I have contacted Piotr Ryka, who is the polish audiophile who knows different headphones very well. I knew stax, because i had some years ago stax system (4040 i think) and i liked the sound of it. It was very good for classic and jazz that i listen to.
Well the best amplifying he heard with stax sr 009 was transistor amp with tube preamp via stax transformer from peter rill, so i ordered it and wait for it (it takes a long time for Peter to build it). I hope that woo audio will be better then this, because it would mean for me many bucks spend on good pre and amplifier. Well, we will see.post #29677 of 324583/27/14 at 3:36pm
Are you using stock tubes? There are some excellent EL 34 on the market that will make it sing. I had it here with the upgraded tubes and it made a big difference. If you can find some NOS Mullard EL 34 and some RCA 12Au7 clear tops with soem bette 5AR4 over stock . The NOS Mullards are excellent as well.
Edited by Frank I - 3/27/14 at 3:38pmpost #29678 of 324583/27/14 at 8:07pm
So up until a few months ago I was a solid state guy. I then purchased a WA3+ from another head-fier and...
I want more - more tubey goodness. This is my first tube amp and I am sold...
That screaming you hear is the sound of my credit card begging for mercy...post #29679 of 324583/28/14 at 1:01ampost #29680 of 324583/28/14 at 3:13amQuote:
As they say, Welcome to Head-Fi....Sorry a bout your wallet....post #29681 of 324583/28/14 at 1:12pmQuote:
Welcome to the club, sorry about your wallet. The WA3+ is how I started. Now I have more headphone amps than I thought I would ever justify, including a Zana Deux SE, an OTL of great distinction.post #29682 of 324583/28/14 at 1:25pmIf I bought a relatively low ohm headphone with good sensitivity and it had a lot of body with minimal amplification would you say that a wa7 (different source) would be a good pairing to get some tubeyness out of the headphone without making it too syrupy? It's a very well balanced headphone with a good transparent tone.post #29683 of 324583/28/14 at 1:35pm
Thanks. I already have the upgraditis. I've been into audio since I was a teenager (older brother's influence). I used to have Hafler DH-110/XL-280 that I DIYed and a pair of Vandersteen 2Ce speakers. I sold the speakers years ago, the amp/pre-amp are in storage (and for sale) and just recently got back into audio.
This whole thing started with a Headstreamer external sound card and my old Grado SR-80s. That was the first taste. Shortly thereafter came the MF M1HPA and Denon AH-D2000s and Schiit Bifrost. Then came the WA3+ and the beyer T90s. Ugh. Now I want a Sonnett.
This hobby really is a runaway train. The only good thing about it is the sound I get from my current rig would cost 10x as much if it was a full-sized set-up filling a room with sound. Besides, I like the fact the room is taken out of the equation as no room is acoustically perfect (my old 'steens used to face sliding glass doors).post #29684 of 324583/30/14 at 7:26amWhat's a more moderately priced power cord than the $230.00 per meter 4N purity copper cable Woo Audio offers for their amplifiers? I've got a WA6 shipping this week and I'm looking to slow down the dollar leakage. Nobody told me this hobby was so costly. Maybe I should've gotten into show dogs.
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 35 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 1 minute ago
- › JDS Labs C5/C5D (pg96) portable amp/amp+DAC appreciation +... 1 minute ago
- › Alessandro MS-1i 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1R series MK2 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced 2 minutes ago
- › SilverFi IEM Cables - A New Top Class Sounding IEM and Headphone... 4 minutes ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015, March 28-29, 2015 -- It's Official! 4 minutes ago
- › House of Marley - LEGEND ANC by White Lotus
- › Audio Technica S700BT by ironicinori
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by mark2410
- › DUNU DN-12 Trident by Ghoulcow
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by acain
- › Woo Audio 2 by mikoss
- › KAM HP1 by LowDose
- › Schiit Vali by Mr Rick
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by Spiderman
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)