or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1967

post #29491 of 39044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank I View Post
 

Peter the WA22 using the tS power and Black glass drivers i dropped in there with a Princess 274B and it sounds excellent driving the lCD X and really nice with Danny Alpha Dog. I like the combo. i will miss it when it leaves. I could dropped t in the system upstairs but decided did not not want tho use another expensive amp in that system. I will be using review samples up there until i find something that really spikes my interest.  The GSX may spike my interest enough too a sits on its way back for my review.

With the WA5, I think you'll do fine. ;) I really enjoyed my time with the WA22 when I owned it!

post #29492 of 39044

I know I am fine with the WA5 for the main room. Need one more for the second rooms looking forward to review units

post #29493 of 39044

Have just got myself a pair of Amperex 6DJ8 bugle boys and a pair of Philips ECC88 A-Frame, a pair of Tesla 7DJ8 is on the way. I have to say I'm quite enjoying tube rolling :D Variety of sound sig is easily achievable. Now I can see why many people spends a lot on tubes, it's dangerously addictive :p

post #29494 of 39044

 The bugle boys are great tubes

post #29495 of 39044
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62ohm View Post
 

Have just got myself a pair of Amperex 6DJ8 bugle boys and a pair of Philips ECC88 A-Frame, a pair of Tesla 7DJ8 is on the way. I have to say I'm quite enjoying tube rolling :D Variety of sound sig is easily achievable. Now I can see why many people spends a lot on tubes, it's dangerously addictive :p

 

I'm using a pair of Siemens E88CC and it is a lot better than the stock tubes. Getting hold of a pair of bugle boys tubes from a friend of mine and hoping to see how it flair against the Siemens. Tube rolling is really a tiring but rewarding activity.  

 

How well do you like the Philips ECC88?

post #29496 of 39044
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonleehl View Post
 

 

I'm using a pair of Siemens E88CC and it is a lot better than the stock tubes. Getting hold of a pair of bugle boys tubes from a friend of mine and hoping to see how it flair against the Siemens. Tube rolling is really a tiring but rewarding activity.  

 

How well do you like the Philips ECC88?

 

I quite like them. They sound very smooth and laid back, a good complement to the bugle boys IMO.

post #29497 of 39044

Since Bricasti roots are in the old Mark Levinson pre Harman International I decide to look for a CD transport to match my Bircasti M1.

I arrived yesterday! This thing is built like a tank. It is beautiful, works very smoothly and sounds great. Now the ML 37 transport and th eBricasti M1 will be a nice source to my WA5-LE!

post #29498 of 39044
Very nice, I love the old ML stuffs.
post #29499 of 39044

Great find musicman59!

post #29500 of 39044
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman59 View Post
 

Since Bricasti roots are in the old Mark Levinson pre Harman International I decide to look for a CD transport to match my Bircasti M1.

I arrived yesterday! This thing is built like a tank. It is beautiful, works very smoothly and sounds great. Now the ML 37 transport and th eBricasti M1 will be a nice source to my WA5-LE!

 

 

nice!!

post #29501 of 39044

Oh my, you did go for the Merc.  :D That's a hot looking car.

post #29502 of 39044

 It looks fantastic my friend. Let me know how it works out for you


Edited by Frank I - 2/9/14 at 9:18pm
post #29503 of 39044
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62ohm View Post
 

 

I quite like them. They sound very smooth and laid back, a good complement to the bugle boys IMO.

 

Great - sounds like what I would like.

 

I ordered a pair of the Philips ECC88 and it would be interesting to compare against my current Siemens and friend's Bugleboy.

post #29504 of 39044

Has anyone ever tried Telefunken 6DJ8? Impressions would be appreciated.

post #29505 of 39044
I have used the 6922 in my Manley Steelhead, which is a phono amp not a head phone amp but I love them and won't use anything else. The runner up was the mallards to me but it wasn't that close.
Mike
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite