Can anyone recommend me a website that sells 6922 / 6DJ8 / 7DJ8 / 7308 tubes? Cheers.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohmstagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by Themorganlett85, 5/10/14
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 12/4/11
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA3tagged by System, 3/29/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 4/2/11More
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 8/27/10
- productWooAudio WA7 Firefliestagged by AudioMan612, 5/26/15
- productWoo Audio WEE electrostatic energizertagged by System, 3/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD650 & Schiit Valhalla Setup? Last post on 9/18/11 at 1:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an advice for setting up a closed, comfort, light weight full-size headphone set Last post on 5/24/11 at 6:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 3/8/16 at 10:20pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
To begin with, I would like to thank iFi for making this great tour and allowing some of us to test this product. I've been enjoying my original micro iDSD since January 2015 and it is really a...
-- **This review is a sample portion from the full thread: Meet the Puresounds Earbud Family.** **All photos are taken by me.** **Disclaimer - I was provided the Puresounds...
There comes a time you're bored from your audio gear. You don't have a grand or two for a new set of ultra high end headphones to give you that fresh kick, and electronics costing as much as your...
MY GOD!!! I have just received my headphones! I have been putting them through there initial paces straight from the box, after just 30 mins I have had to come here to let you know my experience so...
At the time this review was written, the Oriveti NEW Primacy was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1963post #29431 of 392572/3/14 at 2:09am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #29432 of 392572/3/14 at 4:58am
There are some excellent dealers for 6922,6dj8 Upscale Audio has all those and Jmcshane@prodigy.ne tis also excellent for current production tubes where Upscale has more nOS. another good vendor is Tubemonger. They have all NOS tubes.post #29433 of 392572/3/14 at 1:41pmQuote:
Thanks a lot mate!post #29434 of 392572/3/14 at 2:12pmpost #29435 of 392572/3/14 at 2:24pmpost #29436 of 392572/4/14 at 4:02ampost #29437 of 392572/4/14 at 4:18ampost #29438 of 392572/5/14 at 5:50ampost #29439 of 392572/5/14 at 8:01ampost #29440 of 392572/5/14 at 8:07ampost #29441 of 392572/5/14 at 8:09amQuote:
Where could I find a matched GEC 6AS7G pair?
I bet the sound is incredible.
I love my RCA 6AS7G (even more than the TS 5998)
post #29442 of 392572/5/14 at 8:18am
i still have a pair of GEC 6080WA
GEC 6AS7G are found on ebay, those uk sellers, they can be pricy though, curved base pair for like 572$ and single straight bases for 200+ and 250 + for curved. they tend to sell singles more than pairs too.
i got 1 gec single left as well. i sold all my curved/straight pairs. so hard to find... seems like those UK sellers on ebay really control the market, i rarely see anyone else put any up for sale.
soundwise, i think GEC 6080WA are really nice, warm and less airy than 6AS7G instead of being open and airy, they tend to be warmer and more bodied almost like a tung sol but different, almost RCA like in some ways, but without that crappy treble those have.
Edited by Dubstep Girl - 2/5/14 at 8:20ampost #29443 of 392572/5/14 at 8:28am
I find the GEC 6AS7G a bit bright with the T90's, whereas the TS 5998 is warm & musical but feel I am loosing a bit of micro details (as compared to 6AS7G), will the GEC 6080WA be a middle ground between the 2 ?post #29444 of 392572/5/14 at 8:32amQuote:
I have a NOS matched pair for sale. They are my favorite when I had WA22, at one time, I have 4 pairs. Keeping the last NOS pair just incase I may get another 6080 amp and recently decided to go with 300B amp.post #29445 of 392572/5/14 at 8:33amQuote:
i think so.
GEC 6080WA might be around tung sol in detail, maybe a little more, its similar but warmer. it'll have nicer warm and more musicality than tung sol even, i don't think its as super detailed as 6as7g though.
and beyerdynamic doesn't pair well with GEC 6AS7G, lacks bass and seems a little leaner to me. its more of an hd 800 tube.
i think the 6080 would be nice but dont remember how well it compares to 5998.
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 20 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic Amiron Home (the new T90) 27 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR-1000X 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Fulla 2 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman Edition S - NEW Closed Portable 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 5 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 5 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › AKG K92 | Over Ear Closed Back Monitoring Headphone by SaturnVuk
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear