or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1963

post #29431 of 39044

Can anyone recommend me a website that sells 6922 / 6DJ8 / 7DJ8 / 7308 tubes? Cheers.

post #29432 of 39044

There are some excellent dealers for 6922,6dj8 Upscale Audio has all those and Jmcshane@prodigy.ne tis also excellent for current production tubes where Upscale has more nOS. another good vendor is Tubemonger. They have all NOS tubes.

post #29433 of 39044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank I View Post
 

There are some excellent dealers for 6922,6dj8 Upscale Audio has all those and Jmcshane@prodigy.ne tis also excellent for current production tubes where Upscale has more nOS. another good vendor is Tubemonger. They have all NOS tubes.

 

Thanks a lot mate!

post #29434 of 39044

Those guys are super if your looking for new production buy the Genelex 6922 from Jim McShane . He matches them properly

post #29435 of 39044

Tubemonger.com is great. Highly recommended.

post #29436 of 39044

I've put an order on tubemonger, how long does it usually take for their goods to arrive?

post #29437 of 39044

They ship usually in 48 hrs

post #29438 of 39044

Has anyone heard the GEC 6080WA ? How do they compare vs. GEC 6AS7G ?

post #29439 of 39044

The GEC 6080WA is the best 6080 I ever heard, pairs very well with HD800.  Good all around tube for all genre but the GEC 6AS7G takes it to another level, it is like the extra 10% we are pushing.  

post #29440 of 39044
How would you compare the GEC 6080WA vs TS 5998?

Thanks
post #29441 of 39044
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc9394 View Post
 

The GEC 6080WA is the best 6080 I ever heard, pairs very well with HD800.  Good all around tube for all genre but the GEC 6AS7G takes it to another level, it is like the extra 10% we are pushing.  

 

Where could I find a matched GEC 6AS7G pair?

 

I bet the sound is incredible. 

 

I love my RCA 6AS7G (even more than the TS 5998)

 

post #29442 of 39044

i still have a pair of GEC 6080WA 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321312637695?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

 

 

GEC 6AS7G are found on ebay, those uk sellers, they can be pricy though, curved base pair for like 572$ and single straight bases for 200+ and 250 + for curved. they tend to sell singles more than pairs too.

 

i got 1 gec single left as well. i sold all my curved/straight pairs. so hard to find... seems like those UK sellers on ebay really control the market, i rarely see anyone else put any up for sale.

 

 

soundwise, i think GEC 6080WA are really nice, warm and less airy than 6AS7G instead of being open and airy, they tend to be warmer and more bodied almost like a tung sol but different, almost RCA like in some ways, but without that crappy treble those have.


Edited by Dubstep Girl - 2/5/14 at 8:20am
post #29443 of 39044

I find the GEC 6AS7G a bit bright with the T90's, whereas the TS 5998 is warm & musical but feel I am loosing a bit of micro details (as compared to 6AS7G), will the GEC 6080WA be a middle ground between the 2 ?

post #29444 of 39044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rem1x View Post
 

 

Where could I find a matched GEC 6AS7G pair?

 

I bet the sound is incredible. 

 

I love my RCA 6AS7G (even more than the TS 5998)

 

 

I have a NOS matched pair for sale.  They are my favorite when I had WA22, at one time, I have 4 pairs.  Keeping the last NOS pair just incase I may get another 6080 amp and recently decided to go with 300B amp.

post #29445 of 39044
Quote:
Originally Posted by punit View Post
 

I find the GEC 6AS7G a bit bright with the T90's, whereas the TS 5998 is warm & musical but feel I am loosing a bit of micro details (as compared to 6AS7G), will the GEC 6080WA be a middle ground between the 2 ?

 

i think so.

 

GEC 6080WA might be around tung sol in detail, maybe a little more, its similar but warmer. it'll have nicer warm and more musicality than tung sol even, i don't think its as super detailed as 6as7g though. 

 

and beyerdynamic doesn't pair well with GEC 6AS7G, lacks bass and seems a little leaner to me. its more of an hd 800 tube.

 

i think the 6080 would be nice but dont remember how well it compares to 5998. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite