Can anyone recommend me a website that sells 6922 / 6DJ8 / 7DJ8 / 7308 tubes? Cheers.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohmstagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by Themorganlett85, 5/10/14
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 12/4/11
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA3tagged by System, 3/29/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 4/2/11More
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 8/27/10
- productWooAudio WA7 Firefliestagged by AudioMan612, 5/26/15
- productWoo Audio WEE electrostatic energizertagged by System, 3/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD650 & Schiit Valhalla Setup? Last post on 9/18/11 at 1:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an advice for setting up a closed, comfort, light weight full-size headphone set Last post on 5/24/11 at 6:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 3/8/16 at 10:20pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 11/30/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
Hello and thanks for getting to my review! Firstly, need to tell you that this DAC/headamp has no battery inside, so those needing something to listen while jogging or walking might need to...
SPECS: Driver Type 8mm Dynamic Plug Type 3.5mm Gold-plated Cord Length 1.3m Y Frequency Response 12 Hz – 22...
1MORE Capsule Dual-Driver In-Ear Headphones Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to 1MORE UK for the review sample. Full review...
Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Massdrop for the loaner. Full review...
I was an early adopter of the original hifiman he-1000 (part of the original beta group). At the end of the beta period I elected to keep the product and it was replaced with the newest and latest...
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1963post #29431 of 390442/3/14 at 2:09am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #29432 of 390442/3/14 at 4:58am
There are some excellent dealers for 6922,6dj8 Upscale Audio has all those and Jmcshane@prodigy.ne tis also excellent for current production tubes where Upscale has more nOS. another good vendor is Tubemonger. They have all NOS tubes.post #29433 of 390442/3/14 at 1:41pmQuote:
Thanks a lot mate!post #29434 of 390442/3/14 at 2:12pmpost #29435 of 390442/3/14 at 2:24pmpost #29436 of 390442/4/14 at 4:02ampost #29437 of 390442/4/14 at 4:18ampost #29438 of 390442/5/14 at 5:50ampost #29439 of 390442/5/14 at 8:01ampost #29440 of 390442/5/14 at 8:07ampost #29441 of 390442/5/14 at 8:09amQuote:
Where could I find a matched GEC 6AS7G pair?
I bet the sound is incredible.
I love my RCA 6AS7G (even more than the TS 5998)
post #29442 of 390442/5/14 at 8:18am
i still have a pair of GEC 6080WA
GEC 6AS7G are found on ebay, those uk sellers, they can be pricy though, curved base pair for like 572$ and single straight bases for 200+ and 250 + for curved. they tend to sell singles more than pairs too.
i got 1 gec single left as well. i sold all my curved/straight pairs. so hard to find... seems like those UK sellers on ebay really control the market, i rarely see anyone else put any up for sale.
soundwise, i think GEC 6080WA are really nice, warm and less airy than 6AS7G instead of being open and airy, they tend to be warmer and more bodied almost like a tung sol but different, almost RCA like in some ways, but without that crappy treble those have.
Edited by Dubstep Girl - 2/5/14 at 8:20ampost #29443 of 390442/5/14 at 8:28am
I find the GEC 6AS7G a bit bright with the T90's, whereas the TS 5998 is warm & musical but feel I am loosing a bit of micro details (as compared to 6AS7G), will the GEC 6080WA be a middle ground between the 2 ?post #29444 of 390442/5/14 at 8:32amQuote:
I have a NOS matched pair for sale. They are my favorite when I had WA22, at one time, I have 4 pairs. Keeping the last NOS pair just incase I may get another 6080 amp and recently decided to go with 300B amp.post #29445 of 390442/5/14 at 8:33amQuote:
i think so.
GEC 6080WA might be around tung sol in detail, maybe a little more, its similar but warmer. it'll have nicer warm and more musicality than tung sol even, i don't think its as super detailed as 6as7g though.
and beyerdynamic doesn't pair well with GEC 6AS7G, lacks bass and seems a little leaner to me. its more of an hd 800 tube.
i think the 6080 would be nice but dont remember how well it compares to 5998.
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread 4 seconds ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 1 minute ago
- › Intona High Speed USB Isolator 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony NW-WM1Z/ NW-WM1A Flagship DAP (Live From IFA 2016) 7 minutes ago
- › Hidizs AP60 8 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 8 minutes ago
- › iDSD micro Black Label. Tour details (page 147). Release info (page... 9 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 12 minutes ago
- › Absolute best budget earbuds? 12 minutes ago
- › Roland Mobile UA UA-M10 USB Audio Interface by raoultrifan
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by NA Blur
- › 1MORE Capsule Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by mark2410
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN HE1000 V2 Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphone by MattTCG
- › Bluedio V (Victory) Pro Patented PPS12 Drivers Wireless Bluetooth... by mark2410
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by Falconlistener
- › Edifier R2000DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Near-Field... by ryanjsoo
- › Yamaha MusicCast WX-010 Wireless Speaker (White) by mark2410
- › Questyle Q192 DAC with Headphone Amplifier silver by noobandroid
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear