or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1960

post #29386 of 39044
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbophead View Post
 

Don't the blackgates takes hundreds of hours to break in?

 

 

Yes around 400 before it settles down, it was a torture when I first got it.  I was like WTF, it sound worst than the regular version.

post #29387 of 39044

I've read some of these boutique caps can take anywhere from 400-700 hours before they get themselves right.

post #29388 of 39044

My WA4 is modded to the max as well with BGs and V-Caps. Love the sound.

post #29389 of 39044

Ordered a Tung Sol 7236, my very first tube purchase. Hope I won't be disappointed...

post #29390 of 39044
You will love the TS 7236!
post #29391 of 39044
The TS7236 is an excellent tube... smily_headphones1.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62ohm View Post

Ordered a Tung Sol 7236, my very first tube purchase. Hope I won't be disappointed...
post #29392 of 39044

i prefer the sylvania 7236 to the tung sol 7236, oh and the 5998. but the 7236 is a pretty nice tube overall.

post #29393 of 39044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post
 

i prefer the sylvania 7236 to the tung sol 7236, oh and the 5998. but the 7236 is a pretty nice tube overall.

 

I have not tried it on the OTL yet but with WA22 I have to go with TS over Sylvania.  

 

Off topic, do you still have any 7236/5998?  I need a pair.  :D

post #29394 of 39044

Again i feel a little emptiness without a Woo amp, I think it is just because I always have a Woo amp in my house since I joined HF.

post #29395 of 39044
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc9394 View Post
 

Again i feel a little emptiness without a Woo amp, I think it is just because I always have a Woo amp in my house since I joined HF.


get another!  I will never sell mine.  every time someone comes over they ask what it is.  it's art whether headphones are plugged in or not!

post #29396 of 39044
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc9394 View Post
 

Again i feel a little emptiness without a Woo amp, I think it is just because I always have a Woo amp in my house since I joined HF.

 

I guess it's time for you to get the WA-234 :D

post #29397 of 39044
Quote:
Originally Posted by WindyCityCy View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc9394 View Post
 

Again i feel a little emptiness without a Woo amp, I think it is just because I always have a Woo amp in my house since I joined HF.


get another!  I will never sell mine.  every time someone comes over they ask what it is.  it's art whether headphones are plugged in or not!

 

My WooAudio WA 6 Special Edition? I just love typing it out in full :rolleyes:... but I'm with both of you and enjoyed the sound signature and its aesthetic. The latter even when not playing - a joy each time I entered the room.

 

I never intended to sell it, but the right person came along and inquired. As much as I value gear, I place a higher value on relations in this hobby... it's about living well.

post #29398 of 39044
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62ohm View Post
 

 

I guess it's time for you to get the WA-234 :D

+1 best advice in this Woo thread.  Everrrrr..... :p

post #29399 of 39044

I want the WA-234!

post #29400 of 39044
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc9394 View Post
 

 

I have not tried it on the OTL yet but with WA22 I have to go with TS over Sylvania.  

 

Off topic, do you still have any 7236/5998?  I need a pair.  :D

 

yes i do :D

 

im trying to get rid of my 7236's since i have a pair of tung sol and 2 pairs of sylvania i wanna get rid of. oh and a 5998 pair of course.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite