Do you honestly think it worth it at 800 dollars?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohmstagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by Themorganlett85, 5/10/14
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 12/4/11
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA3tagged by System, 3/29/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 4/2/11More
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 8/27/10
- productWooAudio WA7 Firefliestagged by AudioMan612, 5/26/15
- productWoo Audio WEE electrostatic energizertagged by System, 3/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD650 & Schiit Valhalla Setup? Last post on 9/18/11 at 1:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an advice for setting up a closed, comfort, light weight full-size headphone set Last post on 5/24/11 at 6:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 3/8/16 at 10:20pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
I have had this amp now for about 6 months, and I very much enjoy the sound. I didn't even bother with the stock tubes, they got tossed in favor of a matched pair of GE 5657's, and I have a pair of...
Rhapsodio Solar Note: The custom in-ear in this review was provided at a discounted rate. Rhapsodio is an up and coming manufacturer of both custom in-ears and custom-like universals....
The sound signature on these can be described as almost "Grado"esque. They have a mid/high forward sound that makes them great for guitar rock. They don't have the harsh treble that is...
DOI: I don't get to listen to new gear a lot so I may not be any use at answering questions about comparisons to anything other than my own stuff (which may or may not be considered esoteric). I...
Greetings Head-fi, Today, we are going to be taking a look at the QKZ W1 Pro. This is a budget-minded, sports-focused, earphone that offers some great value for those looking to purchase...
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1929post #28921 of 3773712/10/13 at 12:15pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #28922 of 3773712/10/13 at 12:15pmQuote:
If you see it, let me know... I can always count on the devils to help me spend my money.post #28923 of 3773712/10/13 at 12:16pm
if you have an endgame tube amp and want the very best out of it and use the very best tubes, if you want that last 10%, then yes!
if not, then no.
but of course, anyone with a WA5/WA5-LE knows they are going to have to spend quite a bit on 300b and 6sn7 anywayspost #28924 of 3773712/10/13 at 12:17pmpost #28925 of 3773712/10/13 at 12:20pmQuote:
yea, fair point but for me in a Glenn OTL i don't think ill be getting 422a's.post #28926 of 3773712/10/13 at 12:43pmQuote:
So true, the 300B are so expensive.post #28927 of 3773712/10/13 at 2:28pm
I am jumping into this thread very late... maybe this has been answered but I can't go through all 1928 pages. Does anyone have thoughts on a Woo amp to pair with the LCD3's? I'm not diving into the balanced/unbalanced question...post #28928 of 3773712/10/13 at 2:31pmQuote:
WA6-SE/WA22 and WA5/5-LE depends on your budget. Ask frank1 he has all the woo amps at the moment for review, better yet ¬
How much money you willing to dish out?post #28929 of 3773712/10/13 at 3:26pm
Yeah its all down to the money! I have a vision of the ultimate combo in my head. The LCD3's + Sennheiser HD800's and one amp to drive them both. I may be getting ahead of myself asking about Woo but there is something about those tubes... Anyway I have right now on the way to me in the mail an Eximus DP1 amp/DAC combo. Even though the ink is still wet on the bill I keep thinking about Woo haha. Thanks for the info in the link above.post #28930 of 3773712/10/13 at 3:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by Goodjr82
Yeah its all down to the money! I have a vision of the ultimate combo in my head. The LCD3's + Sennheiser HD800's and one amp to drive them both. I may be getting ahead of myself asking about Woo but there is something about those tubes... Anyway I have right now on the way to me in the mail an Eximus DP1 amp/DAC combo. Even though the ink is still wet on the bill I keep thinking about Woo haha. Thanks for the info in the link above.
I am really happy with the WA22 and the LCD-3, I have tried quite a lot of amps and with the right tubes it is a great match. HD800 is also claimed to be a very good match by many on the WA22, but I haven't heard it more than briefly, so I cannot give advice on that one.post #28931 of 3773712/10/13 at 4:08pmQuote:
So true, my Royal Princess's let my upgraded WA5-LE reach it's full potential, but at a cost. But hey, we spend what we want on the things we love!post #28932 of 3773712/10/13 at 4:14pmQuote:
The Woo amps I like with the LCD headphones are the WA6SE,WA6,WA5LE and WA5 and the WA22. All of these amplifiers work well with all the Audeze headphones,post #28933 of 3773712/10/13 at 4:18pmQuote:
Good music... the gear that plays it... can lead to a better you through happy listening. These dividends are priceless.post #28934 of 3773712/10/13 at 4:57pmpost #28935 of 3773712/10/13 at 5:00pmQuote:
Whoops I meant to quote you last time. Great thank you for the advice. I will be following your new thread and your project with Jack and the website. Your listening room looks like heaven if there is such a place!
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Which headphones do you use for PC gaming? 6 seconds ago
- › Fostex new RP headphones - T50RPmk3, T40RPmk3 and T20RPmk3 2 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW ATH-CKS1100 first look by Jant71. PG 2066. 2 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 2 minutes ago
- › PS1000 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (Basshead IEM's) 3 minutes ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 3 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 5 minutes ago
- › Dunu DN-1000 warranty. 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Little Dot I+ by Shasari
- › Rhapsodio Solar by shotgunshane
- › Superlux HD-660 by Wiljen
- › ACS T1 by Docjitters
- › QKZ W1 Pro - In-ear sport headphone by B9Scrambler
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mechgamer123
- › Dunu TITAN 5 by mark2410
- › FiiO AM5 - High Power Amplifier Module for X7 by Brooko
- › Brainwavz Truss - The All Metal Under Desk Dual Headphone Hanger... by Wokei
- › Creative Labs Sound BlasterX G5 by Evshrug
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse