Do you honestly think it worth it at 800 dollars?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohmstagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by Themorganlett85, 5/10/14
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 12/4/11
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA3tagged by System, 3/29/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 4/2/11More
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 8/27/10
- productWooAudio WA7 Firefliestagged by AudioMan612, 5/26/15
- productWoo Audio WEE electrostatic energizertagged by System, 3/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD650 & Schiit Valhalla Setup? Last post on 9/18/11 at 1:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an advice for setting up a closed, comfort, light weight full-size headphone set Last post on 5/24/11 at 6:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 3/8/16 at 10:20pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
Background It’s safe to say that Massdrop has played a decent role in both introducing new products to the headphone community while highlighting others through their group-purchase...
Introduction – The original d900 from Syllable made quite a splash when it first arrived on the market. It was one of the very first fully wireless earphones ever produced. Furthermore, it was...
The Fiio E12A Mont Blanc portable headphone amplifier is a great amp for IEM's and earbuds. The sound signature is slightly on the warm side, and presents a much fuller sound and wider...
**Disclaimer: I received the M3 from FiiO in return for my honest review** I have been watching FiiO's product line-up for quite some time. I've played with the X1 DAP owned by a friend and...
At the time this review was written the iBasso D14 Bushmaster DAC/Amplifier was for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to iBasso’s product page display, and also a listing on Penon...
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1929post #28921 of 3844012/10/13 at 12:15pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #28922 of 3844012/10/13 at 12:15pmQuote:
If you see it, let me know... I can always count on the devils to help me spend my money.post #28923 of 3844012/10/13 at 12:16pm
if you have an endgame tube amp and want the very best out of it and use the very best tubes, if you want that last 10%, then yes!
if not, then no.
but of course, anyone with a WA5/WA5-LE knows they are going to have to spend quite a bit on 300b and 6sn7 anywayspost #28924 of 3844012/10/13 at 12:17pmpost #28925 of 3844012/10/13 at 12:20pmQuote:
yea, fair point but for me in a Glenn OTL i don't think ill be getting 422a's.post #28926 of 3844012/10/13 at 12:43pmQuote:
So true, the 300B are so expensive.post #28927 of 3844012/10/13 at 2:28pm
I am jumping into this thread very late... maybe this has been answered but I can't go through all 1928 pages. Does anyone have thoughts on a Woo amp to pair with the LCD3's? I'm not diving into the balanced/unbalanced question...post #28928 of 3844012/10/13 at 2:31pmQuote:
WA6-SE/WA22 and WA5/5-LE depends on your budget. Ask frank1 he has all the woo amps at the moment for review, better yet ¬
How much money you willing to dish out?post #28929 of 3844012/10/13 at 3:26pm
Yeah its all down to the money! I have a vision of the ultimate combo in my head. The LCD3's + Sennheiser HD800's and one amp to drive them both. I may be getting ahead of myself asking about Woo but there is something about those tubes... Anyway I have right now on the way to me in the mail an Eximus DP1 amp/DAC combo. Even though the ink is still wet on the bill I keep thinking about Woo haha. Thanks for the info in the link above.post #28930 of 3844012/10/13 at 3:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by Goodjr82
Yeah its all down to the money! I have a vision of the ultimate combo in my head. The LCD3's + Sennheiser HD800's and one amp to drive them both. I may be getting ahead of myself asking about Woo but there is something about those tubes... Anyway I have right now on the way to me in the mail an Eximus DP1 amp/DAC combo. Even though the ink is still wet on the bill I keep thinking about Woo haha. Thanks for the info in the link above.
I am really happy with the WA22 and the LCD-3, I have tried quite a lot of amps and with the right tubes it is a great match. HD800 is also claimed to be a very good match by many on the WA22, but I haven't heard it more than briefly, so I cannot give advice on that one.post #28931 of 3844012/10/13 at 4:08pmQuote:
So true, my Royal Princess's let my upgraded WA5-LE reach it's full potential, but at a cost. But hey, we spend what we want on the things we love!post #28932 of 3844012/10/13 at 4:14pmQuote:
The Woo amps I like with the LCD headphones are the WA6SE,WA6,WA5LE and WA5 and the WA22. All of these amplifiers work well with all the Audeze headphones,post #28933 of 3844012/10/13 at 4:18pmQuote:
Good music... the gear that plays it... can lead to a better you through happy listening. These dividends are priceless.post #28934 of 3844012/10/13 at 4:57pmpost #28935 of 3844012/10/13 at 5:00pmQuote:
Whoops I meant to quote you last time. Great thank you for the advice. I will be following your new thread and your project with Jack and the website. Your listening room looks like heaven if there is such a place!
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 1 minute ago
- › Help regarding Sennheiser hd580 2 minutes ago
- › USB Audio Recorder PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous... 2 minutes ago
- › Wanted: HP150 drivers 2 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 2 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW... 3 minutes ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 3 minutes ago
- › PLEASE HELP!!! Looking for a desktop DAC/AMP or standalone AMP... 4 minutes ago
- › looking for a speaker setup 5 minutes ago
- › Discussion for 2016 Florida meet 5 minutes ago
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by Jeremypsp
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by twister6
- › LZ-A2S by peter123
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...