Do you honestly think it worth it at 800 dollars?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohmstagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by Themorganlett85, 5/10/14
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 12/4/11
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA3tagged by System, 3/29/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 4/2/11More
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 8/27/10
- productWooAudio WA7 Firefliestagged by AudioMan612, 5/26/15
- productWoo Audio WEE electrostatic energizertagged by System, 3/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD650 & Schiit Valhalla Setup? Last post on 9/18/11 at 1:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an advice for setting up a closed, comfort, light weight full-size headphone set Last post on 5/24/11 at 6:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 3/8/16 at 10:20pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
Aesthetics: The box with its engineering drawings, beautiful graphics, and presentation of the product leaves a great first impression. Included are ample sizes of silicon earpieces to choose...
This is a pretty long review. For the benefit of those with short attention spans, let’s cut right to the chase. The “entry level” Holo Spring DAC is good – very good! It is transparent,...
I just got my X1 II but I'm really busy so I will first pen a few quick thoughts and edit this next time/respond to any comments or PMs you send me :) Info and Specs...
Empire Ears & Effect Audio Collaboration “ARTHUR” Intro Specifications Arthur frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz Sensitivity: 21ohm @ 1mw 14 Balanced Armature drivers...
I love Ibasso, really respect there products, especially the DX90 wich I still use everyday after 3 years and have lot of pleasure to listen to, i'm still amaze by the clear, neutral and analytical...
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1929post #28921 of 3928612/10/13 at 12:15pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #28922 of 3928612/10/13 at 12:15pmQuote:
If you see it, let me know... I can always count on the devils to help me spend my money.post #28923 of 3928612/10/13 at 12:16pm
if you have an endgame tube amp and want the very best out of it and use the very best tubes, if you want that last 10%, then yes!
if not, then no.
but of course, anyone with a WA5/WA5-LE knows they are going to have to spend quite a bit on 300b and 6sn7 anywayspost #28924 of 3928612/10/13 at 12:17pmpost #28925 of 3928612/10/13 at 12:20pmQuote:
yea, fair point but for me in a Glenn OTL i don't think ill be getting 422a's.post #28926 of 3928612/10/13 at 12:43pmQuote:
So true, the 300B are so expensive.post #28927 of 3928612/10/13 at 2:28pm
I am jumping into this thread very late... maybe this has been answered but I can't go through all 1928 pages. Does anyone have thoughts on a Woo amp to pair with the LCD3's? I'm not diving into the balanced/unbalanced question...post #28928 of 3928612/10/13 at 2:31pmQuote:
WA6-SE/WA22 and WA5/5-LE depends on your budget. Ask frank1 he has all the woo amps at the moment for review, better yet ¬
How much money you willing to dish out?post #28929 of 3928612/10/13 at 3:26pm
Yeah its all down to the money! I have a vision of the ultimate combo in my head. The LCD3's + Sennheiser HD800's and one amp to drive them both. I may be getting ahead of myself asking about Woo but there is something about those tubes... Anyway I have right now on the way to me in the mail an Eximus DP1 amp/DAC combo. Even though the ink is still wet on the bill I keep thinking about Woo haha. Thanks for the info in the link above.post #28930 of 3928612/10/13 at 3:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by Goodjr82
Yeah its all down to the money! I have a vision of the ultimate combo in my head. The LCD3's + Sennheiser HD800's and one amp to drive them both. I may be getting ahead of myself asking about Woo but there is something about those tubes... Anyway I have right now on the way to me in the mail an Eximus DP1 amp/DAC combo. Even though the ink is still wet on the bill I keep thinking about Woo haha. Thanks for the info in the link above.
I am really happy with the WA22 and the LCD-3, I have tried quite a lot of amps and with the right tubes it is a great match. HD800 is also claimed to be a very good match by many on the WA22, but I haven't heard it more than briefly, so I cannot give advice on that one.post #28931 of 3928612/10/13 at 4:08pmQuote:
So true, my Royal Princess's let my upgraded WA5-LE reach it's full potential, but at a cost. But hey, we spend what we want on the things we love!post #28932 of 3928612/10/13 at 4:14pmQuote:
The Woo amps I like with the LCD headphones are the WA6SE,WA6,WA5LE and WA5 and the WA22. All of these amplifiers work well with all the Audeze headphones,post #28933 of 3928612/10/13 at 4:18pmQuote:
Good music... the gear that plays it... can lead to a better you through happy listening. These dividends are priceless.post #28934 of 3928612/10/13 at 4:57pmpost #28935 of 3928612/10/13 at 5:00pmQuote:
Whoops I meant to quote you last time. Great thank you for the advice. I will be following your new thread and your project with Jack and the website. Your listening room looks like heaven if there is such a place!
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant! 9 seconds ago
- › HIFIME 9018D USB DAC 14 seconds ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 48 seconds ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 1 minute ago
- › Cowon PLENUE M2 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 2 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 4 minutes ago
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by wdetterman
- › Holo Audio Spring DAC - Level 1 "Base Model" by T Bone
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by gemmoglock
- › Effect Audio X Empire Ears : "Arthur" by justrest
- › iBasso Audio DX80 High Resolution Audio Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › DUNU DN-2000J by EZE99
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by snapacap
- › AKG K 550 by Simurgh
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by chompchomps
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear