Do you honestly think it worth it at 800 dollars?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohmstagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by Themorganlett85, 5/10/14
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 12/4/11
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA3tagged by System, 3/29/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 4/2/11More
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 8/27/10
- productWooAudio WA7 Firefliestagged by AudioMan612, 5/26/15
- productWoo Audio WEE electrostatic energizertagged by System, 3/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD650 & Schiit Valhalla Setup? Last post on 9/18/11 at 1:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an advice for setting up a closed, comfort, light weight full-size headphone set Last post on 5/24/11 at 6:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 10/1/10 at 6:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 6/30/15
Introduction: CustomArt is a relatively new custom IEM company that has very quickly grew into one of the big names in business. Hailing from Poland, the company has a well-respected line of...
I made a video review of the dt770 80ohm quite sometime ago and was finally finished it. I got them on sale at Guitar Center for $179.99 , the deal was better than anywhere on the web so I...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Westone for providing me with review sample in exchange for my honest opinion....
An early welcome greeted me when I arrived in Los Angeles for the 2015 CanJam SoCal meet: A new pair of MrSpeakers headphones. Dan Clark, having spent many years modifying the inexpensive...
This will be more of my impressions/comparisons and less of a review. I will be comparing them to the HD800 & K712 Pro ran over USB to the Cayin Spark C5 DAC/Amp (HD800 - Low Gain, K12 - Low Gain,...
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1929post #28921 of 3412312/10/13 at 12:15pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #28922 of 3412312/10/13 at 12:15pmQuote:
If you see it, let me know... I can always count on the devils to help me spend my money.post #28923 of 3412312/10/13 at 12:16pm
if you have an endgame tube amp and want the very best out of it and use the very best tubes, if you want that last 10%, then yes!
if not, then no.
but of course, anyone with a WA5/WA5-LE knows they are going to have to spend quite a bit on 300b and 6sn7 anywayspost #28924 of 3412312/10/13 at 12:17pmpost #28925 of 3412312/10/13 at 12:20pmQuote:
yea, fair point but for me in a Glenn OTL i don't think ill be getting 422a's.post #28926 of 3412312/10/13 at 12:43pmQuote:
So true, the 300B are so expensive.post #28927 of 3412312/10/13 at 2:28pm
I am jumping into this thread very late... maybe this has been answered but I can't go through all 1928 pages. Does anyone have thoughts on a Woo amp to pair with the LCD3's? I'm not diving into the balanced/unbalanced question...post #28928 of 3412312/10/13 at 2:31pmQuote:
WA6-SE/WA22 and WA5/5-LE depends on your budget. Ask frank1 he has all the woo amps at the moment for review, better yet ¬
How much money you willing to dish out?post #28929 of 3412312/10/13 at 3:26pm
Yeah its all down to the money! I have a vision of the ultimate combo in my head. The LCD3's + Sennheiser HD800's and one amp to drive them both. I may be getting ahead of myself asking about Woo but there is something about those tubes... Anyway I have right now on the way to me in the mail an Eximus DP1 amp/DAC combo. Even though the ink is still wet on the bill I keep thinking about Woo haha. Thanks for the info in the link above.post #28930 of 3412312/10/13 at 3:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by Goodjr82
Yeah its all down to the money! I have a vision of the ultimate combo in my head. The LCD3's + Sennheiser HD800's and one amp to drive them both. I may be getting ahead of myself asking about Woo but there is something about those tubes... Anyway I have right now on the way to me in the mail an Eximus DP1 amp/DAC combo. Even though the ink is still wet on the bill I keep thinking about Woo haha. Thanks for the info in the link above.
I am really happy with the WA22 and the LCD-3, I have tried quite a lot of amps and with the right tubes it is a great match. HD800 is also claimed to be a very good match by many on the WA22, but I haven't heard it more than briefly, so I cannot give advice on that one.post #28931 of 3412312/10/13 at 4:08pmQuote:
So true, my Royal Princess's let my upgraded WA5-LE reach it's full potential, but at a cost. But hey, we spend what we want on the things we love!post #28932 of 3412312/10/13 at 4:14pmQuote:
The Woo amps I like with the LCD headphones are the WA6SE,WA6,WA5LE and WA5 and the WA22. All of these amplifiers work well with all the Audeze headphones,post #28933 of 3412312/10/13 at 4:18pmQuote:
Good music... the gear that plays it... can lead to a better you through happy listening. These dividends are priceless.post #28934 of 3412312/10/13 at 4:57pmpost #28935 of 3412312/10/13 at 5:00pmQuote:
Whoops I meant to quote you last time. Great thank you for the advice. I will be following your new thread and your project with Jack and the website. Your listening room looks like heaven if there is such a place!
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Customs that sounds like the Sennheiser IE800 20 seconds ago
- › NOBLE Savant Appreciation Thread (Impressions, Reviews, Tours) 1 minute ago
- › Vorzüge VorzAMP PURE II - review and impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 4 minutes ago
- › TEAC HA-P90SD (To be released in Dec, 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S 4 minutes ago
- › HA-INFO U2 PLUS DAC 4 minutes ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 5 minutes ago
- › High End Bluetooth Headphones 5 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 6 minutes ago
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › MrSpeakers Ether Planar Magnetic Headphones by Currawong
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by maikuirock
- › Superlux HD-668 B by ingenero
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by cloud_c
- › PreSonus HD7 Professional Monitoring Headphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Phiaton PS 210 BTNC Bluetooth 3.0 Active Noise Cancelling Stereo... by audionut44
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by RedTwilight
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)