Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1914

post #28696 of 31625
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostChild1 View Post

How much different is the WA6-SE from the WA6 actually? I understand it has a decoupled power supply, will this help with the faint noise I hear when turning the power on my WA6 past 11 o'clock?
Also, if I were to sell the WA6, what is the going rate, and how exactly would I ship this heavy monster?

 

They've been selling for $500 - $600 dollars on eBay.  Take the tubes out, ship them separate.  Any UPS store will do a great job of packing.

post #28697 of 31625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapiti View Post
 

I apologize if I missed any discussion, but does anyone have experience with the Philips 5R4GYS sold by Upscale Audio?

 

its a nice tube. on the WA6-SE its warm and tubey sounding but well balanced. good for brighter headphones. 

 

its a good alternative to sophia

post #28698 of 31625

DSG, WE 422a are going off ebay like hot cakes.  It's freaking insane. :D

post #28699 of 31625

yeah i've noticed, and i've been bidding on a few but haven't bought.

 

 

think its cause of me? :tongue_smile:

post #28700 of 31625

btw ive noticed there isn't many of the older 50s grey plate like mine.

 

mine is a lighter color glass, very ghostly and ethereal in appearance, with grey plates.

 

the new ones are all darker tung sol 5998-esque plates

post #28701 of 31625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post
 

yeah i've noticed, and i've been bidding on a few but haven't bought.

 

 

think its cause of me? :tongue_smile:

Yup, all your fault.  :D  Btw, RCA vt231 grey glass works great for HD800 on the WA22.  Raytheon is a little harsh.  Thx for the tip.

post #28702 of 31625

the wa2 looked nice in the November sun, i had to take a pic. 

 

post #28703 of 31625

It's so pretty, I miss it!

post #28704 of 31625

It sure does look nice! Nice weather too:D

 

I've been too busy to take daytime shots of my amp. But I guess pics in darkness would kinda work too:D Tube glow FTW:)

 

I still have all my tubes laying around on my table. I'm starting to get worried about their health so I really need to start looking for some way to store them..

post #28705 of 31625
Quote:
Originally Posted by magiccabbage View Post
 

the wa2 looked nice in the November sun, i had to take a pic. 

 

 

 

Very nice...

post #28706 of 31625
U make me want to rebuy it now,

Hmm, would glenn otl and wa2 be a bad thing?
post #28707 of 31625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

U make me want to rebuy it now,

Hmm, would glenn otl and wa2 be a bad thing?

 

no, go for it.  :veryevil:

post #28708 of 31625
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc9394 View Post
 

 

no, go for it.  :veryevil:

 

Hee:D

 

So eeeevil:D

 

But I concur. Go for it:D

post #28709 of 31625

Ah yes. I tried Chatham's today. I really liked the sound. I had Mullard ez80's and Orange globes along with it. I had 5998's there before chatham's and I think the sound is not so lush anymore. I think it was almost too much with 5998's.

 

Previously I tried 6dj8 A-frame amperexes there with 5998's and the sound went all dry compared to bugle boys ans orange globes.

 

Got alot more to test. Also I have to sort out my storage system somehow...

post #28710 of 31625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mihis View Post
 

Ah yes. I tried Chatham's today. I really liked the sound. I had Mullard ez80's and Orange globes along with it. I had 5998's there before chatham's and I think the sound is not so lush anymore. I think it was almost too much with 5998's.

 

Previously I tried 6dj8 A-frame amperexes there with 5998's and the sound went all dry compared to bugle boys ans orange globes.

 

Got alot more to test. Also I have to sort out my storage system somehow...

 

Give it a steady diet of good old tubes and you both can't go wrong. It's a workhorse, especially with those Black Gate caps. :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite