Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohmstagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by Themorganlett85, 5/10/14
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 12/4/11
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA3tagged by System, 3/29/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 4/2/11More
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 8/27/10
- productWooAudio WA7 Firefliestagged by AudioMan612, 5/26/15
- productWoo Audio WEE electrostatic energizertagged by System, 3/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD650 & Schiit Valhalla Setup? Last post on 9/18/11 at 1:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an advice for setting up a closed, comfort, light weight full-size headphone set Last post on 5/24/11 at 6:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 3/8/16 at 10:20pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
INTRODUCTION I have received FiiO DK1 directly from FiiO company in exchange for my honest opinion (as you will surely find out soon). BACKGROUND This will be short, since you don't...
I do like this headphone quite a bit although I'll be the first to say that I have a soft spot for Beyer phones being my first taste of the audiophile world. This is a review of a...
When I was a child in the '80s, one of my neighbour's kids, a gloriously goofy-looking guy of the era, was always out on his driveway fixing his motorbikes, then later, his car, a vintage Ford V8....
"In a cold world of flagships, the LCD-4 gives me the warmth I have been asking for." -Probably someone...
This review is for someone looking for a good pair of in-ear headphones after using over-ear phones; that's the situation where I am coming from at least, as I have been using Sennheiser's HD598...
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1912
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #28667 of 3845111/3/13 at 6:41pmpost #28668 of 3845111/3/13 at 7:09pm
The left tube looks normal. I have had tubes that glowed blue as well. This is a good read about the blue glow: http://www.thetubestore.com/Resources/Matching-and-other-tube-info/Blue-Glowpost #28669 of 3845111/3/13 at 9:40pmpost #28670 of 3845111/3/13 at 9:51pm
In the beginning, I playfully and affectionately dubbed the USAF-596 "Mighty" because it's the High-Altitude version of the 1641/RK60 tubes.post #28671 of 3845111/4/13 at 3:42ampost #28672 of 3845111/4/13 at 7:24pmpost #28673 of 3845111/4/13 at 8:38pmQuote:
Should be the same on both sides, as far as I know. Maybe it does not matter? Here is mine.
Edited by Redcarmoose - 11/4/13 at 8:45pmpost #28674 of 3845111/4/13 at 11:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by jc9394
NOS tubes will last very long time, if you don't roll tubes as much you can get two set of the very best tubes and they will last longer than the amp. Not saying WA5LE will not last you forever.
NOS, I personally prefer EML 5U4G and 300B mesh over regular Sophia's offering. I have not tried the Carbon Princess yet. It is the sound signature, details, and soundstage, the EML just do everything better.
The only current production 6SN7 I tried is the Shuggies CV181Z and I like them but just not as much as NOS' offering.
Hope this helps
Couldn't agree more.Quote:Have you tried the offerings from Shuguang or Psvane?
I had the Shuguang 300B + 5U4G combo. Definitely entry level compared to the EML 300B + EML 5U4G Mesh combo.
I have a pair of Mighty 596's. I've tried them for stretches of time, but they don't bring the bass the way the EMLs do. They do outshine the EMLs on clarity.
I've had the PSVane 181 drivers, nice, but unremarkable (they fit by the width of an index card). I drift back to the Sylvania 6SN7 brown base every time. The Sylvanias just sound more robust. The PSVanes don't sound bad-- just not as good as the Sylvania.
Edited by reeltime - 11/5/13 at 12:05ampost #28675 of 3845111/5/13 at 2:30pm
Hello All, my WA2 just shipped out today! WooHoo! I've also ordered the Tung Sol 7236 power and Mullard rectifier upgrades (I'll likely be using what I have for the drivers-- Western Electric or Phillips). Looking forward to it...post #28676 of 3845111/5/13 at 2:40pmQuote:
wait till you hear hd800 and t1 on the WA2. Its amazing stuff.post #28677 of 3845111/5/13 at 4:02pmQuote:
jack wu still offers mullard rectifiers?
what drivers btw? i didn't know western electric made drivers for WA2... u sure u don't mean general electric or some other company?post #28678 of 3845111/5/13 at 4:43pmQuote:
His stock seems to vary on a regular basis...Er sorry, I meant the Westinghouse. (I can't spring for the more expensive Amperex he has right now). As a relative tube newbie, I'm still trying to keep all these straight.Quote:
Sweet. Thanks!post #28679 of 3845111/5/13 at 4:51pmQuote:
oh i would of gone for the RFT EZ80 online, they're like $25 and some of the best rectifiers. as for drivers, any of the amperex are good. the orange globes, the bugle boys, and if you got the money, the PQ whites.post #28680 of 3845111/5/13 at 8:23pmQuote:
Welcome to the club! I'm enjoying mine...
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 35 seconds ago
- › Dunu TITAN Series: 1/1es/3/5 -- Ti-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear"... 57 seconds ago
- › Audiophile iOS audio player 2 minutes ago
- › Popular Classical Music 5 minutes ago
- › La Figaro 339 6 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 6 minutes ago
- › AKG's new K872? 6 minutes ago
- › Rising cost of "audiophile" equipment and importance of bias/blind... 6 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW... 12 minutes ago
- › ASUS Essence One MKII Fixed Line Out 12 minutes ago
- › FiiO Multifunction Dock (DK1) by OSiRiSsk
- › beyerdynamic DT 1770 PRO Studio Headphones by Soundsgoodtome
- › Chord DAVE by Currawong
- › Audeze LCD-4 by Dillan
- › Sennheiser IE80 by AnssiRai
- › Effect Audio Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable by sonickarma
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Tayyab Pirzada
- › Edifier S1000DB Audiophile Active Bookshelf Speakers - Bluetooth... by dnun8086
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Llloyd
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...