Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohmstagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by Themorganlett85, 5/10/14
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 12/4/11
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA3tagged by System, 3/29/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 4/2/11More
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 8/27/10
- productWooAudio WA7 Firefliestagged by AudioMan612, 5/26/15
- productWoo Audio WEE electrostatic energizertagged by System, 3/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD650 & Schiit Valhalla Setup? Last post on 9/18/11 at 1:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an advice for setting up a closed, comfort, light weight full-size headphone set Last post on 5/24/11 at 6:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 3/8/16 at 10:20pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
Final F7200 Earphone review I will start this review of the Final F7200 earphones by saying that I am not going to include photos or technical specifications, as these have been very well covered...
MBC/ PINOYMAN's review: The TFZ series 1 Iem. Id like to thank Christopher Gatchalian for lending me his pair unit for the purpose of this review. Shell: clear in smoke black. Cable: quality is...
This is a review of the Cambridge DacMagic Plus DAC/headphone amp/pre amp. The Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus was sent to me by Cambridge Audio in the UK as a loaner for the purpose of doing this...
HiFiMAN RE-00 Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Massdrop for the loaner. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/823483/hifiman-re-00-earphone-review-by-mark2410 Brief: OMFG...
This review won't be too detailed, just a vote of respect for such a fine pair of headphones. I tend to like warm toned headphones, rather than purely neutral sets, and the Philips Fidelio X2 has...
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1912
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #28667 of 3894011/3/13 at 6:41pmpost #28668 of 3894011/3/13 at 7:09pm
The left tube looks normal. I have had tubes that glowed blue as well. This is a good read about the blue glow: http://www.thetubestore.com/Resources/Matching-and-other-tube-info/Blue-Glowpost #28669 of 3894011/3/13 at 9:40pmpost #28670 of 3894011/3/13 at 9:51pm
In the beginning, I playfully and affectionately dubbed the USAF-596 "Mighty" because it's the High-Altitude version of the 1641/RK60 tubes.post #28671 of 3894011/4/13 at 3:42ampost #28672 of 3894011/4/13 at 7:24pmpost #28673 of 3894011/4/13 at 8:38pmQuote:
Should be the same on both sides, as far as I know. Maybe it does not matter? Here is mine.
Edited by Redcarmoose - 11/4/13 at 8:45pmpost #28674 of 3894011/4/13 at 11:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by jc9394
NOS tubes will last very long time, if you don't roll tubes as much you can get two set of the very best tubes and they will last longer than the amp. Not saying WA5LE will not last you forever.
NOS, I personally prefer EML 5U4G and 300B mesh over regular Sophia's offering. I have not tried the Carbon Princess yet. It is the sound signature, details, and soundstage, the EML just do everything better.
The only current production 6SN7 I tried is the Shuggies CV181Z and I like them but just not as much as NOS' offering.
Hope this helps
Couldn't agree more.Quote:Have you tried the offerings from Shuguang or Psvane?
I had the Shuguang 300B + 5U4G combo. Definitely entry level compared to the EML 300B + EML 5U4G Mesh combo.
I have a pair of Mighty 596's. I've tried them for stretches of time, but they don't bring the bass the way the EMLs do. They do outshine the EMLs on clarity.
I've had the PSVane 181 drivers, nice, but unremarkable (they fit by the width of an index card). I drift back to the Sylvania 6SN7 brown base every time. The Sylvanias just sound more robust. The PSVanes don't sound bad-- just not as good as the Sylvania.
Edited by reeltime - 11/5/13 at 12:05ampost #28675 of 3894011/5/13 at 2:30pm
Hello All, my WA2 just shipped out today! WooHoo! I've also ordered the Tung Sol 7236 power and Mullard rectifier upgrades (I'll likely be using what I have for the drivers-- Western Electric or Phillips). Looking forward to it...post #28676 of 3894011/5/13 at 2:40pmQuote:
wait till you hear hd800 and t1 on the WA2. Its amazing stuff.post #28677 of 3894011/5/13 at 4:02pmQuote:
jack wu still offers mullard rectifiers?
what drivers btw? i didn't know western electric made drivers for WA2... u sure u don't mean general electric or some other company?post #28678 of 3894011/5/13 at 4:43pmQuote:
His stock seems to vary on a regular basis...Er sorry, I meant the Westinghouse. (I can't spring for the more expensive Amperex he has right now). As a relative tube newbie, I'm still trying to keep all these straight.Quote:
Sweet. Thanks!post #28679 of 3894011/5/13 at 4:51pmQuote:
oh i would of gone for the RFT EZ80 online, they're like $25 and some of the best rectifiers. as for drivers, any of the amperex are good. the orange globes, the bugle boys, and if you got the money, the PQ whites.post #28680 of 3894011/5/13 at 8:23pmQuote:
Welcome to the club! I'm enjoying mine...
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 7 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 31 seconds ago
- › iPhone 7 severe issue with MFi DACs 58 seconds ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 1 minute ago
- › Rate the video games you're currently playing 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 2 minutes ago
- › Effect Audio cables - new thread for discussion, reviews, etc... 3 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 3 minutes ago
- › HIFIMAN’s HE1000 Upgrade Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 4 minutes ago
- › Final F7200 by malcolm.mcintyre
- › TFZ Series 1 by pinoyman
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by peter123
- › HiFiMAN RE-00 by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Kerry56
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by Kerry56
- › Philips Shp8000/10 Hi-Fi Headphones - Black by Redcarmoose
- › Sony MDRXB400/BLU Extra Bass Over The Head 30 mm Driver Headphone,... by InternPrimas
- › Noontec ZORO II HD Headphone by InternPrimas
- › Panasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitor by Kerry56
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...