Recent Images In This Thread
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 12/4/11
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA3tagged by System, 3/29/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 8/27/10
- productWoo Audio WEE electrostatic energizertagged by System, 3/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 10/1/10 at 6:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HD800 + $1,000-$2,500 Amp = Sonic Bliss? Last post on Today at 6:21 am in High-end Audio Forum
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WA3 or WA6 for HD 700? Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:35pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)Last edited: 12/28/12
I had this earphones for 2 years and I must say, that I was really satisfied with it. With the possibility to change bass you can choose what really fits you and I must say, that the bass was...
A Little Background I currently own Beats Pro and I listen to them on a daily basis. I have previously owned Beats Studios and Beats Solos. I bought all of them from The Source in Ontario and...
*Review to come*
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/685339/new-akg-flagship-k812-first-impression/120#post_10026763 Now I correct the Google translate - I use http://www.dict.cc/ and my (small) knowledge of English I hope...
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1912
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
The left tube looks normal. I have had tubes that glowed blue as well. This is a good read about the blue glow: http://www.thetubestore.com/Resources/Matching-and-other-tube-info/Blue-Glow
In the beginning, I playfully and affectionately dubbed the USAF-596 "Mighty" because it's the High-Altitude version of the 1641/RK60 tubes.
Should be the same on both sides, as far as I know. Maybe it does not matter? Here is mine.
Edited by Redcarmoose - 11/4/13 at 8:45pm
NOS tubes will last very long time, if you don't roll tubes as much you can get two set of the very best tubes and they will last longer than the amp. Not saying WA5LE will not last you forever.
NOS, I personally prefer EML 5U4G and 300B mesh over regular Sophia's offering. I have not tried the Carbon Princess yet. It is the sound signature, details, and soundstage, the EML just do everything better.
The only current production 6SN7 I tried is the Shuggies CV181Z and I like them but just not as much as NOS' offering.
Hope this helps
Couldn't agree more.
I had the Shuguang 300B + 5U4G combo. Definitely entry level compared to the EML 300B + EML 5U4G Mesh combo.
I have a pair of Mighty 596's. I've tried them for stretches of time, but they don't bring the bass the way the EMLs do. They do outshine the EMLs on clarity.
I've had the PSVane 181 drivers, nice, but unremarkable (they fit by the width of an index card). I drift back to the Sylvania 6SN7 brown base every time. The Sylvanias just sound more robust. The PSVanes don't sound bad-- just not as good as the Sylvania.
Edited by reeltime - 11/5/13 at 12:05am
Hello All, my WA2 just shipped out today! WooHoo! I've also ordered the Tung Sol 7236 power and Mullard rectifier upgrades (I'll likely be using what I have for the drivers-- Western Electric or Phillips). Looking forward to it...
wait till you hear hd800 and t1 on the WA2. Its amazing stuff.
jack wu still offers mullard rectifiers?
what drivers btw? i didn't know western electric made drivers for WA2... u sure u don't mean general electric or some other company?
His stock seems to vary on a regular basis...Er sorry, I meant the Westinghouse. (I can't spring for the more expensive Amperex he has right now). As a relative tube newbie, I'm still trying to keep all these straight.
oh i would of gone for the RFT EZ80 online, they're like $25 and some of the best rectifiers. as for drivers, any of the amperex are good. the orange globes, the bugle boys, and if you got the money, the PQ whites.
Welcome to the club! I'm enjoying mine...
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Anyone familiar with Degauss Labs? 16 seconds ago
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Drivers 46 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 47 seconds ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 53 seconds ago
- › Best high/midrange closed headphones? 1 minute ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 - over the ear headphones 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 2 minutes ago
- › Comparisons: B&W P7, PSB M4U2, Momentum, MDR-1R, QC15, DT1350,... 2 minutes ago
- › Shure announcing new SRH1540 in Tokyo today! - Head-Fi TV 4 minutes ago
- › PS Audio XStream Plus Power Cord - 1.5 M 4 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Logitech UE 6000 by HeretixAevum
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › FiiO RC-MH1 Headphone Upgrade Cable by SkyBleu
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by warrenpchi