Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohmstagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by Themorganlett85, 5/10/14
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 12/4/11
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA3tagged by System, 3/29/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 4/2/11More
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 8/27/10
- productWooAudio WA7 Firefliestagged by AudioMan612, 5/26/15
- productWoo Audio WEE electrostatic energizertagged by System, 3/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD650 & Schiit Valhalla Setup? Last post on 9/18/11 at 1:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an advice for setting up a closed, comfort, light weight full-size headphone set Last post on 5/24/11 at 6:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 3/8/16 at 10:20pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
When i first got the Cayin iHA-6 and iDAC-6 combo and paired it with my HD800S, i wasn't too thrilled. Compared to my previous HDVD800, there was more detail present from the dac, but it came with...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I can remember when I first joined Head-Fi, I started with some pretty cheap gear, and I...
At the time this review was written, the TFZ Series 3 was listed for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Background: I own Sennheiser HD600 and Fiio X3II. I love HD600 because it is comfortable and also works well for my classical music and vocal music. But it doesn't play well with any pop music...
PETEREK cables Balanced cable for Sony EX series. Standard custom for Sony EX series Standard 2 pin cable for LEAR,ASG,SHURE ETC. Standard MMCX...
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1912
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #28667 of 3885311/3/13 at 6:41pmpost #28668 of 3885311/3/13 at 7:09pm
The left tube looks normal. I have had tubes that glowed blue as well. This is a good read about the blue glow: http://www.thetubestore.com/Resources/Matching-and-other-tube-info/Blue-Glowpost #28669 of 3885311/3/13 at 9:40pmpost #28670 of 3885311/3/13 at 9:51pm
In the beginning, I playfully and affectionately dubbed the USAF-596 "Mighty" because it's the High-Altitude version of the 1641/RK60 tubes.post #28671 of 3885311/4/13 at 3:42ampost #28672 of 3885311/4/13 at 7:24pmpost #28673 of 3885311/4/13 at 8:38pmQuote:
Should be the same on both sides, as far as I know. Maybe it does not matter? Here is mine.
Edited by Redcarmoose - 11/4/13 at 8:45pmpost #28674 of 3885311/4/13 at 11:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by jc9394
NOS tubes will last very long time, if you don't roll tubes as much you can get two set of the very best tubes and they will last longer than the amp. Not saying WA5LE will not last you forever.
NOS, I personally prefer EML 5U4G and 300B mesh over regular Sophia's offering. I have not tried the Carbon Princess yet. It is the sound signature, details, and soundstage, the EML just do everything better.
The only current production 6SN7 I tried is the Shuggies CV181Z and I like them but just not as much as NOS' offering.
Hope this helps
Couldn't agree more.Quote:Have you tried the offerings from Shuguang or Psvane?
I had the Shuguang 300B + 5U4G combo. Definitely entry level compared to the EML 300B + EML 5U4G Mesh combo.
I have a pair of Mighty 596's. I've tried them for stretches of time, but they don't bring the bass the way the EMLs do. They do outshine the EMLs on clarity.
I've had the PSVane 181 drivers, nice, but unremarkable (they fit by the width of an index card). I drift back to the Sylvania 6SN7 brown base every time. The Sylvanias just sound more robust. The PSVanes don't sound bad-- just not as good as the Sylvania.
Edited by reeltime - 11/5/13 at 12:05ampost #28675 of 3885311/5/13 at 2:30pm
Hello All, my WA2 just shipped out today! WooHoo! I've also ordered the Tung Sol 7236 power and Mullard rectifier upgrades (I'll likely be using what I have for the drivers-- Western Electric or Phillips). Looking forward to it...post #28676 of 3885311/5/13 at 2:40pmQuote:
wait till you hear hd800 and t1 on the WA2. Its amazing stuff.post #28677 of 3885311/5/13 at 4:02pmQuote:
jack wu still offers mullard rectifiers?
what drivers btw? i didn't know western electric made drivers for WA2... u sure u don't mean general electric or some other company?post #28678 of 3885311/5/13 at 4:43pmQuote:
His stock seems to vary on a regular basis...Er sorry, I meant the Westinghouse. (I can't spring for the more expensive Amperex he has right now). As a relative tube newbie, I'm still trying to keep all these straight.Quote:
Sweet. Thanks!post #28679 of 3885311/5/13 at 4:51pmQuote:
oh i would of gone for the RFT EZ80 online, they're like $25 and some of the best rectifiers. as for drivers, any of the amperex are good. the orange globes, the bugle boys, and if you got the money, the PQ whites.post #28680 of 3885311/5/13 at 8:23pmQuote:
Welcome to the club! I'm enjoying mine...
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 1 minute ago
- › Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Does a better quality USB cable influence sound? 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › Should I upgrade my DAC 2 minutes ago
- › Reviewers wanted - Sound Blaster products 3 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 3 minutes ago
- › The Fiio A5 thread: an upgrade of E12A, MUSES02+LME49600, 800mW,... 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar... 5 minutes ago
- › Cayin iDAC-6 by EvenR
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Brooko
- › The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) Series 3 Hifi Earphones by Hisoundfi
- › Bowers & Wilkins P3 by foobar2015
- › "PETEREK (Verbessen)" by Hawaiibadboy
- › FiiO AM2 - Medium Power Amplifier Module for X7 by howdy
- › DiDiT DAC212 by Runningwater
- › Soundaware Esther by FUYU
- › Edifier R1700BT Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Active Near-field... by ryanjsoo
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by crinacle
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...