Where do you even buy these in the states?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohmstagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by Themorganlett85, 5/10/14
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 12/4/11
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA3tagged by System, 3/29/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 4/2/11More
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 8/27/10
- productWooAudio WA7 Firefliestagged by AudioMan612, 5/26/15
- productWoo Audio WEE electrostatic energizertagged by System, 3/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD650 & Schiit Valhalla Setup? Last post on 9/18/11 at 1:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an advice for setting up a closed, comfort, light weight full-size headphone set Last post on 5/24/11 at 6:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 3/8/16 at 10:20pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
Weston W80 Review Disclaimer: The W80 was loaned to me by the local distributor www.samma3a.com - I have to return it, I have not received any incentive, financial or otherwise for this...
Meant to be married to the OL DAC, the O2 headphone amp matches it in shape, size and simplicity. What’s neat about the O2 is that JDS Labs allows for some simple customizations—you can choose...
Acknowledgment This review unit was provided to me in exchange for my honest opinion by Penon Audio. This review was originally published on audioprimate.blog. Introduction I’m a regular watcher...
I know a lot of people say a DAC is a DAC is a DAC, but I’m not one of them. A DAC’s chipset and its implementation, among other things, play a very real role in determining how it sounds....
I bought these headphones about year ago (I use them almost everyday), as an upgrade from my g430s when the cable finally wore out. In some cases (only some cases) I think the sound quality might...
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1906post #28576 of 3925410/30/13 at 7:31am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #28577 of 3925410/30/13 at 7:34ampost #28578 of 3925410/30/13 at 7:35ampost #28579 of 3925410/30/13 at 7:46ampost #28580 of 3925410/30/13 at 7:46am
What's the current asking price? Also, is it any cheaper to have them bought locally, insured & shipped or no difference in price online?
Edited by Silent One - 10/30/13 at 7:48ampost #28581 of 3925410/30/13 at 8:40ampost #28582 of 3925410/30/13 at 8:53ampost #28583 of 3925410/30/13 at 9:24ampost #28584 of 3925410/30/13 at 9:27amQuote:Originally Posted by fhuang
i guess i'm a little different then. i build(still building) my rig around T1. i really love the wa5 with t1, like it a lot with rp010b but i hate gsx mk2 with the t1. to simply put it, gsx made it sound like, look for the all the head-fiers' comments about how they hate the t1. i'm not saying gsx is bad. it sounds great with almost all of my headphones, just not the t1, or t70, or dt990. on the other hand, wa5 just amazing with t1, and t70, and dt990. hope to get t90 later.
Maybe you taste of sound is the warmer side. The RP010B has pretty warm sound for a SS amp ( used to own it). I can see that one matching very good with the T1 especially with the stock cable.post #28585 of 3925410/30/13 at 10:13am
It seems as though people who have listened to them and the EMLs seem to prefer them (at a higher price point). And then you have the AVVTs and the KR globes.post #28586 of 3925410/30/13 at 10:39ampost #28587 of 3925410/30/13 at 10:49am
That's the problem. I have no way to hear them. With these expensive tubes one has to go on others' opinions which have been very positive.
I think YOU need to buy a pair and then lend them to me so I can make an educated decision.
Any pair I end up buying will be unheard. I did hear Frank's EML's, but in a completely different amp.post #28588 of 3925410/30/13 at 11:01amQuote:
There are few places in Japan you can audition it with Shindo Lab amp.post #28589 of 3925410/30/13 at 11:17ampost #28590 of 3925410/30/13 at 11:33amQuote:
I have heard it long long time ago but that memory was gone, all I remember is that I sit still for over an hours listening.
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Getting new headphones (redux) Researching,,,,$400-$1600 7 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 48 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones -... 2 minutes ago
- › The Opamp thread 2 minutes ago
- › Classical music discussion, what do you like? 2 minutes ago
- › What is the state of MQA and would it influence your decision to... 2 minutes ago
- › CES 2017: MQA announces TIDAL Masters, and more 3 minutes ago
- › Darkvoice 336i & 336SE Tuberolling PartII 3 minutes ago
- › Recommendations for IEM For Classical music 3 minutes ago
- › Westone W80 Eight-Driver System with Dual Bass, Dual Mid, and Quad... by Koolpep
- › JDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifier by SoundApprentice
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by glassmonkey
- › JDS Labs OL DAC by SoundApprentice
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by jimtree
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by anqallyt
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by vapman
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by machielsste
- › Sennheiser Momentum In Ear (iOS version) - Black Chrome by HiWire
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear