Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1903

post #28531 of 30827
Quote:
Originally Posted by koiloco View Post

Where can I get an adapter for the 596?  Anyone you all have dealt with before?

I've both adaptor and I think the edge goes to Glenns. Send him a pm.
post #28532 of 30827

Thx guys!  appreciate it.  The next 596 that pops up on ebay, I will try to watch and bid for it.

post #28533 of 30827
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryUprising View Post


I've both adaptor and I think the edge goes to Glenns. Send him a pm.

+1

post #28534 of 30827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post
 

+1

Great to know!  If i am lucky enough to end up with a 596, I would definitely PM Glenns.  I am getting a good set of driver tube first.  Watching couple RCA grey glass listings right now.

post #28535 of 30827

btw if u have the money.

 

the metal base mullard GZ34 is better than the 596. similar sound, more dynamic and effortless sounding. 

 

and the Western electric 422A is the absolute best. same improvements like GZ34 but much more holographic, transparent, and tonally the most natural and emotional sounding, brings a sort of surreal beauty to the music


Edited by Dubstep Girl - 10/27/13 at 10:29pm
post #28536 of 30827
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc9394 View Post
 

how it compare to bgrp?

 

I think the ECC32s are a little more dynamic than the BGRPs.  They are both great tubes.  The ECC32s also play louder (not that that is good or bad), but the mu is much higher.

post #28537 of 30827
Quote:
Originally Posted by dminches View Post
 

 

I think the ECC32s are a little more dynamic than the BGRPs.  They are both great tubes.  The ECC32s also play louder (not that that is good or bad), but the mu is much higher.

 

 

Yeah, I remember the mu is much higher that is taxing the WA5 rectifiers.  I wanted to get a pair but at the time I don't have GZ34.

post #28538 of 30827

I  am a buyaholic. I just sent a check to Beyer for the T1 again for the review sample they sent me for the A20. Sounds excellent with the WA5 and also the GSX Mk11 I have here for review.

post #28539 of 30827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank I View Post
 

I  am a buyaholic. I just sent a check to Beyer for the T1 again for the review sample they sent me for the A20. Sounds excellent with the WA5 and also the GSX Mk11 I have here for review.

 

Send all your review sample to Cambridge, MA please.  :D

post #28540 of 30827

Wrong coast. :ksc75smile:

post #28541 of 30827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post
 

Wrong coast. :ksc75smile:

 

You can ride over, it is only 3,000+ miles... :veryevil:

post #28542 of 30827
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc9394 View Post
 

 

You can ride over, it is only 3,000+ miles... :veryevil:

 

Someday :rolleyes: maybe I'll be fit to... I know good music would certainly help!

 

www.raceacrossamerica.org (RAAM)

post #28543 of 30827
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc9394 View Post
 

 

Send all your review sample to Cambridge, MA please.  :D

LOL then you could write the check. Back account getting  low:bigsmile_face:

post #28544 of 30827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank I View Post
 

I  am a buyaholic. I just sent a check to Beyer for the T1 again for the review sample they sent me for the A20. Sounds excellent with the WA5 and also the GSX Mk11 I have here for review.

 

T1 is my favorite with the GSX MK2. 

 

sounds even better than WA2, though i like the way the WA2 does the bass and tonality of the T1, makes it very musical and fun to listen to.

post #28545 of 30827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank I View Post
 

I  am a buyaholic. I just sent a check to Beyer for the T1 again for the review sample they sent me for the A20. Sounds excellent with the WA5 and also the GSX Mk11 I have here for review.

Frank frank frank - you will have to do GSX MK2 and WA5 comparisons!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite