Usually somewhere round midsummer, tube dealers across the nation gather for - was it a "Hoedown" or "Hootenanny?" - and their convention this year was the first (I believe) that the USAF/JAN-596 made the collective discussion.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohmstagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by Themorganlett85, 5/10/14
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 12/4/11
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA3tagged by System, 3/29/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 4/2/11More
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 8/27/10
- productWooAudio WA7 Firefliestagged by AudioMan612, 5/26/15
- productWoo Audio WEE electrostatic energizertagged by System, 3/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD650 & Schiit Valhalla Setup? Last post on 9/18/11 at 1:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an advice for setting up a closed, comfort, light weight full-size headphone set Last post on 5/24/11 at 6:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 10/1/10 at 6:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/6/15
About Me I stumbled into the head-fi world when my itchy fingers picked up a Shure SE846 back in January’14. Since then, it has been a long journey, and I’m only just starting. Exploring the...
Introduction: As a well-known cable maker company, Forza AudioWorks is located in Poland. Its CEO and founder Matthew, a good English speaker and known as ‘’Matez’’ on Head-Fi, is a nice guy to...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My first introduction to Bluetooth earphones came with the Brainwavz Blu-100, and whilst...
Hi my name is Andrew Reddog Jones, I have been into this fantastic hobby for almost two years. I mostly take care of my mother and sometimes fix vcrs. Today I plan on doing a review oh HIFIMAN's...
Suprisingly, this cheap in ear jlab sounded good enough for me to come here and get into better sound.
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1897post #28441 of 3554910/26/13 at 5:02pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #28442 of 3554910/26/13 at 5:26pm
I new you would say that. . it is an awesome amp and it is definitely end game. I am spinning the hE6 on them now.
Edited by Frank I - 10/26/13 at 5:57pmpost #28443 of 3554910/26/13 at 5:36pmpost #28444 of 3554910/26/13 at 5:41pm
I am not sure that it does, The LE puts out 1.5 watts so I don't think it will drive them properly. Jack recommended the WA5 for the he6 today but likes the lCD 3 on the regular section instead of the XLR. I use the he6 on the XLR and I know Jose has the lE iand he said they are OK but n=he using the Pass amp to drive his HE6. I.5watts is not optimum to drive the he6 properly especially for classical recordings with huge dynamic range.
Edited by Frank I - 10/26/13 at 5:57pmpost #28445 of 3554910/26/13 at 5:45pmpost #28446 of 3554910/26/13 at 6:21pmi would get wa5 but the double rectifiers, id have to sell all mine and get pairs if i wanted to tube roll. also id be more iterested in 2a3.
think glenn could make a 2a3 amp with 5u4g tubes and his choice of drivers?post #28447 of 3554910/26/13 at 6:43pmQuote:
Guess what you don't need matching rectifier. The 596 I am using are not matched and sound terrific an di have used others also non matched and they all sound fine. Most tube vendors do not even match rectifierspost #28448 of 3554910/26/13 at 6:44pmpost #28449 of 3554910/26/13 at 6:59pmQuote:
hearing and listening are two different things. Ask EML George Lenz if amps being built with 300B tubes can be driven properly with 6sn7 and he is a top notch amplify builder and the answer was that they can absolutely be built using the 6sn7. Ask people who own the amps. Besides why keep talking about it then and just move on from the Wa5 amp then if you feel that way. But you should listen to one first YOURSELF and then say if its for you or not. All I know this amp was a huge hit today at the meet.
You should listen to the amplifier and then comment on what you hear and not on what others tell you they have or have not heard. Some people give comments regarding the amplifier have not even ever heard one. Thats the funny part and every builder has different ways they build circuits and frankly my ears tell me this is a end game amp for ME anywaypost #28450 of 3554910/26/13 at 7:04pm
i guess i just have to listen to it then.
i preferred WA2 to the WA22 despite the improvements in soundstage and detail. and alot of people say the same thing about eddie current balancing act and cavalli being endgame and really good and i don't like either.post #28451 of 3554910/26/13 at 7:08pmQuote:
Well that should tell you to listen to and buy what YOU like and not what anyone else likes. I heard the Edduie Current Balancing act and liked it very much
Edited by Frank I - 10/26/13 at 7:16pmpost #28452 of 3554910/26/13 at 7:11pm
Our individual preferences are a wonderful thing. That said, we also have different hearing abilities; different sensitivities...post #28453 of 3554910/26/13 at 7:15pm
I'm with DG on some points and some of yours Frank. I heard the EDBA during a meet and I don't like it myself too. As much as I like the WA22, DG find it bass light. it is all personal preference.
As matched tubes rectifier or not, if it is 5-10% off we probably can't tell a differences but once it is 10+%, I bet my money we can start tell tonal imbalance.
Just like camera, is the D800E my end game camera? probably not as new and better will be releasing. I always thought lens can't be better anymore, boy I was wrong big time.post #28454 of 3554910/26/13 at 7:19pmQuote:
Which Cavalli? Which one? :) ;)
Liquid Glass? Oooooooooo...
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Hidizs AP100 (DAP) Support Team - Now on Head-fi! 1 minute ago
- › Stax SR-009 1 minute ago
- › Looking for a Good quality 2.5mm to 3.5mm right angle connector 1 minute ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post... 1 minute ago
- › 2015 CanJam @ RMAF Impressions thread - (October 2-4, 2015) 2 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics - The Shard Event 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 3 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 4 minutes ago
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by Tobias89
- › Forza Audioworks IEM Cables by MikePortnoy
- › Axgio Sprint Sound Isolating Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Headphone,... by Brooko
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by reddog
- › JLab JBuds NEON Metal In-Ear Earbuds with Universal Mic for iPhone... by Zantrill
- › WooAudio WA7 Fireflies by JoeDoe
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by earfonia
- › HAVIT® HV-H91DJ Professional Stereo Studio Dj Series Headphones... by Vividcard
- › SoundFoundations Barracuda PowerMax Elite by YoYo JoKeR
- › Pro-Ject Audio - Hear it One - Audiophile stereo headphone - Black by ForShure
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2