Usually somewhere round midsummer, tube dealers across the nation gather for - was it a "Hoedown" or "Hootenanny?" - and their convention this year was the first (I believe) that the USAF/JAN-596 made the collective discussion.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by Themorganlett85, 5/10/14
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 12/4/11
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA3tagged by System, 3/29/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 8/27/10
- productWoo Audio WEE electrostatic energizertagged by System, 3/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 10/1/10 at 6:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HD800 + $1,000-$2,500 Amp = Sonic Bliss? Last post on 7/17/14 at 1:10am in High-end Audio Forum
- Need an advice for setting up a closed, comfort, light weight full-size headphone set Last post on 5/24/11 at 6:29am in Headphones (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 7/10/14
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
Since I was among the early adopters of this updated 2.0 version of R3, I already posted a detailed review with pictures in the original R3 review thread. Therefore, I'm just going to provide a...
Im probably like you right now, I was once reading reviews a bunch of comments, watching a bunch of videos of what to purchase... and everyone kept suggesting the ATH-M50x, so in a frantic search...
First I'd like to thank Brainwavz for the opportunity to review these. As others did, I received a review pair to keep. It was a very generous gesture. Plenty of people have already posted all the...
Comply foam tip should need no introduction at this point, as it has become a norm for many brand name IEM to include a pair of them. But what we are talking here is something new – or should I say...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1897
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I new you would say that. . it is an awesome amp and it is definitely end game. I am spinning the hE6 on them now.
Edited by Frank I - 10/26/13 at 5:57pm
I am not sure that it does, The LE puts out 1.5 watts so I don't think it will drive them properly. Jack recommended the WA5 for the he6 today but likes the lCD 3 on the regular section instead of the XLR. I use the he6 on the XLR and I know Jose has the lE iand he said they are OK but n=he using the Pass amp to drive his HE6. I.5watts is not optimum to drive the he6 properly especially for classical recordings with huge dynamic range.
Edited by Frank I - 10/26/13 at 5:57pm
think glenn could make a 2a3 amp with 5u4g tubes and his choice of drivers?
Guess what you don't need matching rectifier. The 596 I am using are not matched and sound terrific an di have used others also non matched and they all sound fine. Most tube vendors do not even match rectifiers
hearing and listening are two different things. Ask EML George Lenz if amps being built with 300B tubes can be driven properly with 6sn7 and he is a top notch amplify builder and the answer was that they can absolutely be built using the 6sn7. Ask people who own the amps. Besides why keep talking about it then and just move on from the Wa5 amp then if you feel that way. But you should listen to one first YOURSELF and then say if its for you or not. All I know this amp was a huge hit today at the meet.
You should listen to the amplifier and then comment on what you hear and not on what others tell you they have or have not heard. Some people give comments regarding the amplifier have not even ever heard one. Thats the funny part and every builder has different ways they build circuits and frankly my ears tell me this is a end game amp for ME anyway
i guess i just have to listen to it then.
i preferred WA2 to the WA22 despite the improvements in soundstage and detail. and alot of people say the same thing about eddie current balancing act and cavalli being endgame and really good and i don't like either.
Well that should tell you to listen to and buy what YOU like and not what anyone else likes. I heard the Edduie Current Balancing act and liked it very much
Edited by Frank I - 10/26/13 at 7:16pm
I'm with DG on some points and some of yours Frank. I heard the EDBA during a meet and I don't like it myself too. As much as I like the WA22, DG find it bass light. it is all personal preference.
As matched tubes rectifier or not, if it is 5-10% off we probably can't tell a differences but once it is 10+%, I bet my money we can start tell tonal imbalance.
Just like camera, is the D800E my end game camera? probably not as new and better will be releasing. I always thought lens can't be better anymore, boy I was wrong big time.
Which Cavalli? Which one? :) ;)
Liquid Glass? Oooooooooo...
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 29 seconds ago
- › The scientific merit of Pono 1 minute ago
- › What would you do if you were me?! 1 minute ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 1 minute ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced - updated with... 2 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-3 balanced portable dac/amp 3 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 3 minutes ago
- › EarSonics Velvet universal custom in ear monitor with three sound... 4 minutes ago
- › Oh Schiit, it's the end of the world! Announcing Ragnarok. 8 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! 9 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › FIDUE A81 In-Ear Noise Isolating Earphones Heaphones with High-End... by Brooko
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by monitorlove
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by ballbarn
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)