Usually somewhere round midsummer, tube dealers across the nation gather for - was it a "Hoedown" or "Hootenanny?" - and their convention this year was the first (I believe) that the USAF/JAN-596 made the collective discussion.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K 701 Whitetagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohmstagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by Themorganlett85, 5/10/14
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 12/4/11
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA3tagged by System, 3/29/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 4/2/11More
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 8/27/10
- productWoo Audio WEE electrostatic energizertagged by System, 3/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an advice for setting up a closed, comfort, light weight full-size headphone set Last post on 5/24/11 at 6:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 10/1/10 at 6:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Woo Audio WA6/WA3 or Burson HA-160 for HD650??? Last post on 5/11/14 at 8:36am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: Yesterday
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: Yesterday
The new iteration of the Brainwavz R3 is an intriguing earphone. They’re large earphones, each side containing two dynamic drivers in big pill shaped aluminium housings. They currently retail for...
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be...
iBasso D-Zero MKII Review iBasso is a very common name out there on the forums now, with their DX50 and DX90 gaining a rather large user base. I have reviewed both the DX50 and DX90 and I found...
These headphones generally are excellent. They possess this remarkable mixture of openness and intimacy at the same time. There’s a true sense of soundstage, with a good width and depth and still...
Brainwavz S0 Quick Review Thanks to mp4nation for the sample. Full Review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/743834/brainwavz-s0-review-by-mark2410 Brief: The S5 has a baby...
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1897post #28441 of 3165210/26/13 at 5:02pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #28442 of 3165210/26/13 at 5:26pm
I new you would say that. . it is an awesome amp and it is definitely end game. I am spinning the hE6 on them now.
Edited by Frank I - 10/26/13 at 5:57pmpost #28443 of 3165210/26/13 at 5:36pmpost #28444 of 3165210/26/13 at 5:41pm
I am not sure that it does, The LE puts out 1.5 watts so I don't think it will drive them properly. Jack recommended the WA5 for the he6 today but likes the lCD 3 on the regular section instead of the XLR. I use the he6 on the XLR and I know Jose has the lE iand he said they are OK but n=he using the Pass amp to drive his HE6. I.5watts is not optimum to drive the he6 properly especially for classical recordings with huge dynamic range.
Edited by Frank I - 10/26/13 at 5:57pmpost #28445 of 3165210/26/13 at 5:45pmpost #28446 of 3165210/26/13 at 6:21pmi would get wa5 but the double rectifiers, id have to sell all mine and get pairs if i wanted to tube roll. also id be more iterested in 2a3.
think glenn could make a 2a3 amp with 5u4g tubes and his choice of drivers?post #28447 of 3165210/26/13 at 6:43pmQuote:
Guess what you don't need matching rectifier. The 596 I am using are not matched and sound terrific an di have used others also non matched and they all sound fine. Most tube vendors do not even match rectifierspost #28448 of 3165210/26/13 at 6:44pmpost #28449 of 3165210/26/13 at 6:59pmQuote:
hearing and listening are two different things. Ask EML George Lenz if amps being built with 300B tubes can be driven properly with 6sn7 and he is a top notch amplify builder and the answer was that they can absolutely be built using the 6sn7. Ask people who own the amps. Besides why keep talking about it then and just move on from the Wa5 amp then if you feel that way. But you should listen to one first YOURSELF and then say if its for you or not. All I know this amp was a huge hit today at the meet.
You should listen to the amplifier and then comment on what you hear and not on what others tell you they have or have not heard. Some people give comments regarding the amplifier have not even ever heard one. Thats the funny part and every builder has different ways they build circuits and frankly my ears tell me this is a end game amp for ME anywaypost #28450 of 3165210/26/13 at 7:04pm
i guess i just have to listen to it then.
i preferred WA2 to the WA22 despite the improvements in soundstage and detail. and alot of people say the same thing about eddie current balancing act and cavalli being endgame and really good and i don't like either.post #28451 of 3165210/26/13 at 7:08pmQuote:
Well that should tell you to listen to and buy what YOU like and not what anyone else likes. I heard the Edduie Current Balancing act and liked it very much
Edited by Frank I - 10/26/13 at 7:16pmpost #28452 of 3165210/26/13 at 7:11pm
Our individual preferences are a wonderful thing. That said, we also have different hearing abilities; different sensitivities...post #28453 of 3165210/26/13 at 7:15pm
I'm with DG on some points and some of yours Frank. I heard the EDBA during a meet and I don't like it myself too. As much as I like the WA22, DG find it bass light. it is all personal preference.
As matched tubes rectifier or not, if it is 5-10% off we probably can't tell a differences but once it is 10+%, I bet my money we can start tell tonal imbalance.
Just like camera, is the D800E my end game camera? probably not as new and better will be releasing. I always thought lens can't be better anymore, boy I was wrong big time.post #28454 of 3165210/26/13 at 7:19pmQuote:
Which Cavalli? Which one? :) ;)
Liquid Glass? Oooooooooo...
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Philips SHP9500 Discussion Thread 40 seconds ago
- › Finally a new awesome crossfeed plugin!!! 54 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Fiio x5 vs Ibasso dx90 5 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 5 minutes ago
- › Rank the Headphones that You Own. 5 minutes ago
- › Has anyone tried the Koss RUK series? (Specifically the RUK30?) 7 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 9 minutes ago
- › any amp/dac combo that beats Yulong U100 for 110$? 9 minutes ago
- › First Post! Looking to get my feet wet in PC audio 10 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by lecky
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import) by Mink
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by ClieOS
- › Blue Microphones Mo-Fi Powered High-Fidelity Headphones with... by MacedonianHero
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › Cowon iAUDIO 7 16Gb by Climber
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheHeadPhoneGuy
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)