Usually somewhere round midsummer, tube dealers across the nation gather for - was it a "Hoedown" or "Hootenanny?" - and their convention this year was the first (I believe) that the USAF/JAN-596 made the collective discussion.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohmstagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by Themorganlett85, 5/10/14
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 12/4/11
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA3tagged by System, 3/29/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 4/2/11More
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 8/27/10
- productWooAudio WA7 Firefliestagged by AudioMan612, 5/26/15
- productWoo Audio WEE electrostatic energizertagged by System, 3/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD650 & Schiit Valhalla Setup? Last post on 9/18/11 at 1:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an advice for setting up a closed, comfort, light weight full-size headphone set Last post on 5/24/11 at 6:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 3/8/16 at 10:20pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
This is a report about a new IEM from Brainwavz. The B100 Specifications: Drivers : Single Balanced Armature Rated Impedance : 50 Ω Frequency Range : 15 Hz ~ 22...
A little bit about me: So I am Neil. a normal music loving lad who works here in Japan. I commute everyday, and I am always searching for the best value for my music needs. I currently use the...
I tested these headphones and was not very impressed with them. The price was very high for a used pair of headphones and it did not seem to compete well with other brands at lower price points....
[[SPOILER]] Disclaimer: The CL1 were provided to me as a part of the North American Review Tour by RHA. I have been given 10 days to listen to and then write a review where I will pass them along...
SPECS: No written spec was found for the UMI-BTA9 WHERE TO BUY / COST: http://amzn.to/2h6jhkA $69.99 new ( often heavily discounted down to $25 or less ) OVERVIEW Happy...
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1897post #28441 of 3916810/26/13 at 5:02pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #28442 of 3916810/26/13 at 5:26pm
I new you would say that. . it is an awesome amp and it is definitely end game. I am spinning the hE6 on them now.
Edited by Frank I - 10/26/13 at 5:57pmpost #28443 of 3916810/26/13 at 5:36pmpost #28444 of 3916810/26/13 at 5:41pm
I am not sure that it does, The LE puts out 1.5 watts so I don't think it will drive them properly. Jack recommended the WA5 for the he6 today but likes the lCD 3 on the regular section instead of the XLR. I use the he6 on the XLR and I know Jose has the lE iand he said they are OK but n=he using the Pass amp to drive his HE6. I.5watts is not optimum to drive the he6 properly especially for classical recordings with huge dynamic range.
Edited by Frank I - 10/26/13 at 5:57pmpost #28445 of 3916810/26/13 at 5:45pmpost #28446 of 3916810/26/13 at 6:21pmi would get wa5 but the double rectifiers, id have to sell all mine and get pairs if i wanted to tube roll. also id be more iterested in 2a3.
think glenn could make a 2a3 amp with 5u4g tubes and his choice of drivers?post #28447 of 3916810/26/13 at 6:43pmQuote:
Guess what you don't need matching rectifier. The 596 I am using are not matched and sound terrific an di have used others also non matched and they all sound fine. Most tube vendors do not even match rectifierspost #28448 of 3916810/26/13 at 6:44pmpost #28449 of 3916810/26/13 at 6:59pmQuote:
hearing and listening are two different things. Ask EML George Lenz if amps being built with 300B tubes can be driven properly with 6sn7 and he is a top notch amplify builder and the answer was that they can absolutely be built using the 6sn7. Ask people who own the amps. Besides why keep talking about it then and just move on from the Wa5 amp then if you feel that way. But you should listen to one first YOURSELF and then say if its for you or not. All I know this amp was a huge hit today at the meet.
You should listen to the amplifier and then comment on what you hear and not on what others tell you they have or have not heard. Some people give comments regarding the amplifier have not even ever heard one. Thats the funny part and every builder has different ways they build circuits and frankly my ears tell me this is a end game amp for ME anywaypost #28450 of 3916810/26/13 at 7:04pm
i guess i just have to listen to it then.
i preferred WA2 to the WA22 despite the improvements in soundstage and detail. and alot of people say the same thing about eddie current balancing act and cavalli being endgame and really good and i don't like either.post #28451 of 3916810/26/13 at 7:08pmQuote:
Well that should tell you to listen to and buy what YOU like and not what anyone else likes. I heard the Edduie Current Balancing act and liked it very much
Edited by Frank I - 10/26/13 at 7:16pmpost #28452 of 3916810/26/13 at 7:11pm
Our individual preferences are a wonderful thing. That said, we also have different hearing abilities; different sensitivities...post #28453 of 3916810/26/13 at 7:15pm
I'm with DG on some points and some of yours Frank. I heard the EDBA during a meet and I don't like it myself too. As much as I like the WA22, DG find it bass light. it is all personal preference.
As matched tubes rectifier or not, if it is 5-10% off we probably can't tell a differences but once it is 10+%, I bet my money we can start tell tonal imbalance.
Just like camera, is the D800E my end game camera? probably not as new and better will be releasing. I always thought lens can't be better anymore, boy I was wrong big time.post #28454 of 3916810/26/13 at 7:19pmQuote:
Which Cavalli? Which one? :) ;)
Liquid Glass? Oooooooooo...
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 6 seconds ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 7 seconds ago
- › Westone W40 vs Shure se846 or Sennheiser IE800? 1 minute ago
- › Pioneer XDP-300R | Twin DAC ES9018K2M | Balanced Out | Android |... 2 minutes ago
- › Recommendations for a beginner audiophile headphone (under 200) 3 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 4 minutes ago
- › Audio streaming vs. audio CDs? 4 minutes ago
- › Earphones: 16 Ohm v/s 32 ohm... Any difference? 4 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 4 minutes ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz B100 Balanced Armature Earphone by Dsnuts
- › Audeze iSine 10 by neilmanalo
- › Stax SR-507 Electrostatic Earspeaker by audiophilehe400
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Delance26
- › UMIDIGI BTA9 Sports IEM by NA Blur
- › RHA CL750 by Jackpot77
- › MEE audio - MMCX SILVER-PLATED CABLE by Zelda
- › Skullcandy Crusher Wireless Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphone with Mic -... by fusiondragon
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by mokler
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by mokler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear