Pulled the trigger on the WA7 Fireflies.. now the wait begins.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohmstagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by Themorganlett85, 5/10/14
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 12/4/11
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA3tagged by System, 3/29/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 4/2/11More
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 8/27/10
- productWooAudio WA7 Firefliestagged by AudioMan612, 5/26/15
- productWoo Audio WEE electrostatic energizertagged by System, 3/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD650 & Schiit Valhalla Setup? Last post on 9/18/11 at 1:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an advice for setting up a closed, comfort, light weight full-size headphone set Last post on 5/24/11 at 6:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 3/8/16 at 10:20pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
In an age where (multi-driver) hybrids are all the rage, the G3 is a single dynamic from a maker known for well-regarded, modestly-price earbuds. I bought these after reading the frenetic praise...
Accutone is a company that specializes in hands-free communications solutions but they've taken their experience and expertise and used it to create a series of consumer earphones. From their...
IntroductionWhen I first reviewed Schiit Audio's original Modi/Vali stack many moons ago, I walked away very impressed to say the least. Not only was it a cost effective solution for the budding...
1. Introduction The Prophile-8, a 8 balanced armature in-ear monitor, is the new flagship from well-established German brand In-ear. So far the brand had an offering going from 2 to 4 driver...
Video Review It's not unusual to find a headphone or IEM manufacturer to branch out into making their own amps, and then their own cables, but Ken Ball is one of two people who have gone in...
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1891post #28351 of 3915910/24/13 at 11:13am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #28352 of 3915910/24/13 at 11:13ampost #28353 of 3915910/24/13 at 11:39amQuote:
Hi DG: Isn't the 596 a directly heated rectifier?
Edited by Clayton SF - 10/24/13 at 11:41ampost #28354 of 3915910/24/13 at 11:42amQuote:
Spoken like a true audiophile.
Car payment? Pfff forget that.post #28355 of 3915910/24/13 at 11:50am
The 596 is a direct heated rectifier it is really the same as a 5U4GB
with the anode connections brought out the top.
The 422A will be great fot the OTL though. Hope to have it finished this weekend and ship next week.post #28356 of 3915910/24/13 at 11:57amYeah he said 5u4gb will work.
He also mentioned something about the 596 having a separate cathode and the heater pins or something, not really sure what he meant but its diffferent as well as the gz34/gz37post #28357 of 3915910/24/13 at 11:59amOver the phone he basically said the same thing he said when i pmed him a while ago
" I designed the amp around the 5U4G directly heated rectifier tube and get the high voltage from a center tap on the filament supply for balanced current draw and lower noise. They 274B may work, but I haven't tried it yet. I don't recommend the GZ34/5AR4 and GZ37 because it has a separate cathode which is tied to one of the heater pins and won't work optimally in the Stratus. The 596 is the same way, so I don't recommend using it.
You can try the 5R4 because it is also a directly heated rectifier with slightly more forward voltage drop, which yields a little lower high voltage for the tubes."post #28358 of 3915910/24/13 at 12:14pmQuote:
What car payment??? Good old fashion way, I bring a paper bag to a car dealer and hand it over to the sales.post #28359 of 3915910/24/13 at 12:22pmpost #28360 of 3915910/24/13 at 12:38pmpost #28361 of 3915910/24/13 at 2:17pm
Not me. It was at $110 with 10 seconds left to go. I put in $154 and boop, like that it went to $156.50 which is where it ended.post #28362 of 3915910/24/13 at 7:08pm
Shameless plug. Thinking of selling some tubes since I sold the WA22. The 6F8G with adapter does not fit well on WA5LE, they are almost touching the 300B.
Tung Sol VT99, same as TS6SN7 BGRP
GEC 6AS7G (not 100% sure yet)
They are both NOS with original box, only tested when I received them. Definitely less than an hour on them. PM me if interested.post #28363 of 3915910/24/13 at 9:31pmpost #28364 of 3915910/24/13 at 10:05pmpost #28365 of 3915910/25/13 at 1:25amQuote:
i prefer to drive headphones over cars too ;P
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor (DAP | USB DAC | USB Transport... 5 seconds ago
- › Please recommend headphones or IEMs for blocking low frequency noise 28 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 37 seconds ago
- › The Official Sony TA-ZH1ES Hi-Res Headphone Amplifier (Live From... 1 minute ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr (original version) and 7 tubes 4 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 5 minutes ago
- › Help needed: with Oppo PM3 headphone my songs sound better on... 5 minutes ago
- › Superlux HD-668 B by snapacap
- › TY Hi-Z G3 by loomisjohnson
- › Accutone Pisces BA Hybrid IEM by crabdog
- › Schiit Modi Multibit by Trogdor
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by Mimouille
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Currawong
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr. Hi-Res Music Player 64GB by vincik
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by subguy812
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by suman134
- › Fostex TH 900 by Scott Branham
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear