- 7,757 Posts. Joined 8/2011
- Location: Chicago!
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohmstagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by Themorganlett85, 5/10/14
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 12/4/11
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA3tagged by System, 3/29/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 4/2/11More
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 8/27/10
- productWooAudio WA7 Firefliestagged by AudioMan612, 5/26/15
- productWoo Audio WEE electrostatic energizertagged by System, 3/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD650 & Schiit Valhalla Setup? Last post on 9/18/11 at 1:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an advice for setting up a closed, comfort, light weight full-size headphone set Last post on 5/24/11 at 6:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 3/8/16 at 10:20pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
For larger (1200x800) images, simply click any photoINTRODUCTIONAhhh – the portable amplifier – one of the audio enthusiast's more misunderstood tools / assets. For the beginner, there...
Preamble: I have already reviewed some of 1MORE’s and Xiaomi’s audio products in the past and all of them offered a great sound experience for their very reasonable price point. The...
I love the openness and light weight of earbuds, unfortunately those earbuds I tried such as OMX95, MX375, were lack of bass and musicality. Then I found Fiio EM3 is under $10 and got good review,...
I had K3003i with a custom cable. I bough it used and the cable had been replaced and the seller assured not sound different to original I loved it. I used it with Fiio X3 2nd Gen. I liked the...
Compared to nothing (in the way of noise cancelling) these are better than that. Damning with faint praise? Yeah, I guess so, but really what can you expect for the price. Sony makes a product...
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1890post #28336 of 3904410/24/13 at 5:19amMy sylvania 6f8g where defective, but they sounded the best on wa22 i think. Very musical tubes
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #28337 of 3904410/24/13 at 5:24amQuote:
I'll bring mine to you in person. ;)
I prefer the GZ37.post #28338 of 3904410/24/13 at 5:27amQuote:
The 422A will work good in the OTL it can easily handle 350ma output this is as good as
the 3DG4 , 5AU4 , and GZ37.post #28339 of 3904410/24/13 at 5:36amQuote:
Excellent!!post #28340 of 3904410/24/13 at 8:37ampost #28341 of 3904410/24/13 at 9:00amQuote:Originally Posted by koiloco
My WA22 just came in an hour ago. So far, it's perfection. No DSD playback noise issue with my TEAC UD 501 like I experienced with the taboo MKIII. No hiss, no hum from either XLR or 1/4 TRS. This thing is a tank. Very impressed at this point. Stock tubes are in for now. After everything is checked out, I will swap in the upgraded tubes.
Woo is da bomb, isn't it?
Besides the sound, I love the look and the build.post #28342 of 3904410/24/13 at 9:17amQuote:
So far, after 24 of ownership, I concur. Now, I just need some good 6SN7...post #28343 of 3904410/24/13 at 9:40amQuote:
Where can you use the WE 422A in the WA5LE? I don't see it in the compatibility list.post #28344 of 3904410/24/13 at 9:44amQuote:
I believe it's a rectifier, so you can use it instead of the 5U4G tubes.post #28345 of 3904410/24/13 at 10:26ampost #28346 of 3904410/24/13 at 10:57ampost #28347 of 3904410/24/13 at 11:00amQuote:Originally Posted by jc9394
Yes as well as the picture down below
Good thing u pointed it out, i guess 422a is indirectly heated, meaning it might not work on the dna strarus, which looks like im gonna be buying.. But itll work on the glenn amppost #28348 of 3904410/24/13 at 11:03amQuote:
I think it will work, since I used to use GZ34 black and metal base with the Sonnet.post #28349 of 3904410/24/13 at 11:08amIt will work but not optimally, dna says u need directly heated rectifiers to work properly on stratus.
So 5r4gy series, u52, 5u4g, 5u4gb, maybe 274b (he can test this for me he said), those will work.
Not gz34, gz37, 596, etcpost #28350 of 3904410/24/13 at 11:10amQuote:
That is too bad, the Sonnet sounded amazing with metal base GZ34... It may has to do with the 2A3 tube
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Audeze SINE Series 34 seconds ago
- › xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED! 1 minute ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 1 minute ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 1 minute ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 2 minutes ago
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 5 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › 2016 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Exchange sign up 5 minutes ago
- › RHA Dacamp L1, CL1 Ceramic & CL750 Review Tour – Applications Open! 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO A5 Portable Headphone Amplifier by Brooko
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by HiFiChris
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Joeng Zeon
- › AKG K3003 by sanjeewasam
- › Sony MDRNC8/BLK Noise Canceling Headphone, Black by dalesky
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by dalesky
- › Don Scorpio Bass Colour by B9Scrambler
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Earphone In-Ear Headphones Multi-unit Circle Iron... by junhawng
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear