Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1884

post #28246 of 31201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton SF View Post
 


Hey, do you want to borrow another one?

 

Do I ever say no? Oh wait, I said no today to an Ultrasone Edition 9

That's your call C, you know the deal ;-)

post #28247 of 31201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton SF View Post
 


Hey, do you want to borrow another one?

You should lay all your amps out and try get them all in one shot - would be a real threat. ;)

post #28248 of 31201
Quote:
Originally Posted by magiccabbage View Post
You should lay all your amps out and try get them all in one shot - would be a real threat. ;)

I actually would loan all of my amps out to Ultra-. The problem really is shipping costs to and from. That can cost from $100-$400 depending on the weight of the amps I own. The lightest being about 2kg/4.5lbs to the heaviest which is about 30kg/65lbs.

post #28249 of 31201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton SF View Post
 

I actually would loan all of my amps out to Ultra-. The problem really is shipping costs to and from. That can cost from $100-$400 depending on the weight of the amps I own. The lightest being about 2kg/4.5lbs to the heaviest which is about 30kg/65lbs.

 

Next lifetime we'll be living in the same building C. no excuse. Could you image the amp build up between the both of us and the number of headphones? Poor power grid :rolleyes:

post #28250 of 31201

new case and all 5u4g and 5ar4s gz37, etc. except the sophia....considering it now. it will work ok on NOS 5U4G then right?

 

for u ppl that own them, how do they compare to something like a WA22?

post #28251 of 31201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrainferno View Post
 

My 2 fav threads and I don't even have a Woo anymore :rolleyes:

+ 1 :tongue_smile:

post #28252 of 31201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post
 

new case and all 5u4g and 5ar4s gz37, etc. except the sophia....considering it now. it will work ok on NOS 5U4G then right?

 

for u ppl that own them, how do they compare to something like a WA22?


+1

 

And the WA2 (please include HeadPhone type for your opinion.)


Edited by ru4music - 10/20/13 at 7:24pm
post #28253 of 31201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post
 

new case and all 5u4g and 5ar4s gz37, etc. except the sophia....considering it now. it will work ok on NOS 5U4G then right?

 

for u ppl that own them, how do they compare to something like a WA22?

Question for Glenn:

 

Dubs, from the WA 22 you may have been questioning the 6SN7 type tube (sonically), so Glenn I will ask a question for DG.

 

It appears you are using a single 6SN7 tube,  how does your configuration compare to using dual 6SN7s in SRRP mode.  It seems to me (and others) that the SRRP mode helps stimulate that  "magic" character in the output tube (e.g. 45, 2A3, 300B?)

 

DG, you seem to like the accuracy/ refinement of the 6DJ8 driver variety, so I hope I'm not out of line for asking this question, as I am as well interested in Glenn's amps.


Edited by ru4music - 10/20/13 at 6:20pm
post #28254 of 31201
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc9394 View Post

I think I'm going to keep using Sophia 300B until the WE reissue is back in stock.

http://www.tubedepot.com/we-300b.html

Anyone tried the a Treasure version?

JC, I believe this will change the face of tubular thought; 300B amps will become the pinnacle of design.  I actually can't wait as I have been anticipating (in the wings) for this reissue.  So many proven  designs...

post #28255 of 31201
Seems like Glenn is the new Woo around here. Interesting discussions, though, like it =)
post #28256 of 31201

It is always fun when MoT participate. I love the knowledge.

post #28257 of 31201
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbowbbs View Post

It is always fun when MoT participate. I love the knowledge.

Definetly. We need the knowledge, otherwise we just would be talking subjective nonsens all the time.

And especially nice to follow the way Glenn responds to specific requests on tube design etc. Keep it up!
post #28258 of 31201
Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4music View Post
 

Question for Glenn:

 

Dubs, from the WA 22 you may have been questioning the 6SN7 type tube (sonically), so Glenn I will ask a question for DG.

 

It appears you are using a single 6SN7 tube,  how does your configuration compare to using dual 6SN7s in SRRP mode.  It seems to me (and others) that the SRRP mode helps stimulate that  "magic" character in the output tube (e.g. 45, 2A3, 300B?)

 

DG, you seem to like the accuracy/ refinement of the 6DJ8 driver variety, so I hope I'm not out of line for asking this question, as I am as well interested in Glenn's amps.


I do not use a 6SN7 in 300B amps they really can't drive the miller capacitance of a 300B properly.

I use the C3g as the driver.

I do use a single 6SN7 to drive 6AS7s in the OTL though the 6AS7 is easy to drive

I think DG is hearing the output transformers in the 22 not the 6SN7


Edited by 2359glenn - 10/21/13 at 4:55am
post #28259 of 31201
She will be hearing the 6SN7 output soon...biggrin.gif
post #28260 of 31201
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc9394 View Post

She will be hearing the 6SN7 output soon...biggrin.gif

LOL

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite