Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1859

post #27871 of 31201

if the WA2 had 5U4g tubes i think it'd be perfect

post #27872 of 31201
Calling SO...

Wooless but enjoying 15 yrs pu erh with Karen...
post #27873 of 31201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

if the WA2 had 5U4g tubes i think it'd be perfect

Maybe contact Glenn? I'm after a 5U4G, C3g, with 45 or 300B...
post #27874 of 31201
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc9394 View Post


Maybe contact Glenn? I'm after a 5U4G, C3g, with 45 or 300B...

 

yummy!

post #27875 of 31201
think glenn can build me one then?

OTL with 6as7g pairs single 5u4/gz37 variants and 6922/6dj8 pair?

maybe another tube type if possible?
post #27876 of 31201
PM him, we are still working on tube combo. Definitely 5U4G and C3g, just not sure on 300B or 45. 300B will be less expensive but I don't want it to sound like WA5LE unless I decided to sell it. But I have a good stock of 6SN7 tubes...decision decision...
post #27877 of 31201
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc9394 View Post

PM him, we are still working on tube combo. Definitely 5U4G and C3g, just not sure on 300B or 45. 300B will be less expensive but I don't want it to sound like WA5LE unless I decided to sell it. But I have a good stock of 6SN7 tubes...decision decision...

 

Is there a custom tube amp thread here? Would be very interested to see that. 

post #27878 of 31201
how much do his amps cost?
post #27879 of 31201
His price is very reasonable, we are still getting parts/quote for my spec.
post #27880 of 31201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

think glenn can build me one then?

OTL with 6as7g pairs single 5u4/gz37 variants and 6922/6dj8 pair?

maybe another tube type if possible?

That's close to what I have. OTL with 6AS7Gs or 5998s, GZ37 and 1 6SN7. Absolutely perfect with my T1s.
post #27881 of 31201
Quote:
Originally Posted by magiccabbage View Post

Is there a custom tube amp thread here? Would be very interested to see that. 

See SO's Glenn studio thread.
post #27882 of 31201
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc9394 View Post


See SO's Glenn studio thread.

 

oh i have been there

post #27883 of 31201
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc9394 View Post

Calling SO...

 
Quote:
Wooless

:mad:

 

 

Quote:
but enjoying 15 yrs pu erh with Karen...

:tongue_smile: :wink:

post #27884 of 31201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

how much do his amps cost?

 

Like running water, it varies. It will depend on design, parts selected, sourcing and labour (for those of you across the pond...).

post #27885 of 31201
Quote:
Originally Posted by magiccabbage View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc9394 View Post


See SO's Glenn studio thread.

 

oh i have been there

 

If not my thread, where does "here" refer to, if I may ask :confused: WAAOU?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite