if the WA2 had 5U4g tubes i think it'd be perfect
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohmstagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by Themorganlett85, 5/10/14
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 12/4/11
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA3tagged by System, 3/29/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 4/2/11More
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 8/27/10
- productWooAudio WA7 Firefliestagged by AudioMan612, 5/26/15
- productWoo Audio WEE electrostatic energizertagged by System, 3/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD650 & Schiit Valhalla Setup? Last post on 9/18/11 at 1:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an advice for setting up a closed, comfort, light weight full-size headphone set Last post on 5/24/11 at 6:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 3/8/16 at 10:20pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
In my self-imposed haughtiness and superiority, I have always told Alfred and Martin that I will be the high-end reviewer for this blog, and that they should be responsible for more budget...
First of all, thank you so much to Ifi-Audio for sending me a black edition to review for free! Really awesome of them to involve the audio community to such a degree. I will keep this review...
I try not to be an extremist and I try to give most products I review a decent amount of hearing before making any judgments on their quality but when a product reaches with a level of quality I...
A great purchase for under 180 pounds, these headphones blow the direct competition away when it comes to almost everything. They arrive in a nice premium package with a thick, high grade cable for...
A reasonably priced pair of premium Open back headphones. They are well made and super comfortable and have a luxurious appearance well suited to home hi fi use. Unlike other hi fidelity phones...
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1859post #27871 of 3915910/7/13 at 6:28pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #27872 of 3915910/7/13 at 6:38pmpost #27873 of 3915910/7/13 at 6:39pmpost #27874 of 3915910/7/13 at 6:43pmpost #27875 of 3915910/7/13 at 6:47pmpost #27876 of 3915910/7/13 at 6:57pmPM him, we are still working on tube combo. Definitely 5U4G and C3g, just not sure on 300B or 45. 300B will be less expensive but I don't want it to sound like WA5LE unless I decided to sell it. But I have a good stock of 6SN7 tubes...decision decision...post #27877 of 3915910/7/13 at 6:59pmQuote:
Is there a custom tube amp thread here? Would be very interested to see that.post #27878 of 3915910/7/13 at 7:01pmpost #27879 of 3915910/7/13 at 7:15pmpost #27880 of 3915910/7/13 at 7:15pmQuote:
That's close to what I have. OTL with 6AS7Gs or 5998s, GZ37 and 1 6SN7. Absolutely perfect with my T1s.post #27881 of 3915910/7/13 at 7:16pmpost #27882 of 3915910/7/13 at 8:09pmpost #27883 of 3915910/7/13 at 10:49pmpost #27884 of 3915910/7/13 at 10:52pm
Like running water, it varies. It will depend on design, parts selected, sourcing and labour (for those of you across the pond...).post #27885 of 3915910/7/13 at 10:55pmQuote:
If not my thread, where does "here" refer to, if I may ask WAAOU?
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 57 seconds ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 2 minutes ago
- › New 3DS XL Galaxy Version In Mint Condition.. with Official Charger... 2 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Why the Beats Hate? 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE535: Reviews and First Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 4 minutes ago
- › B&O H9 Discussion and Impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by bapspidoff
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by theminstrel
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by markbrauer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by theminstrel
- › FiiO E17 by theminstrel
- › Sony NWZ-A15 Walkman Video MP3 Player (16GB) - Black by theminstrel
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by theminstrel
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear