The LF/LG are great amp but they don't react too much with tube rolling, it leaves out the tube rolling fun.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohmstagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by Themorganlett85, 5/10/14
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 12/4/11
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA3tagged by System, 3/29/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 4/2/11More
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 8/27/10
- productWooAudio WA7 Firefliestagged by AudioMan612, 5/26/15
- productWoo Audio WEE electrostatic energizertagged by System, 3/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD650 & Schiit Valhalla Setup? Last post on 9/18/11 at 1:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an advice for setting up a closed, comfort, light weight full-size headphone set Last post on 5/24/11 at 6:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 3/8/16 at 10:20pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all of...
UP with the Encasement of Sound! When I heard the Shanling UP, I was perplexed. I had read many a comment espousing the virtues of the Audioquest Dragonfly Black (DFB), and especially the Red...
To begin with, I would like to thank iFi for making this great tour and allowing some of us to test this product. I've been enjoying my original micro iDSD since January 2015 and it is really a...
-- **This review is a sample portion from the full thread: Meet the Puresounds Earbud Family.** **All photos are taken by me.** **Disclaimer - I was provided the Puresounds...
There comes a time you're bored from your audio gear. You don't have a grand or two for a new set of ultra high end headphones to give you that fresh kick, and electronics costing as much as your...
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1839
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #27572 of 392589/28/13 at 8:57pmQuote:
That why I like the LF. I don't have to worry about tube rolling--just music rotation. :)post #27573 of 392589/28/13 at 8:58pmQuote:
i thought LG was supposed to be a tube rollers dream amp.
and so i guess no1s gonna be putting in a quad of Siemen CCa or Amperex PQ whites into the LF anytime soon huhpost #27574 of 392589/28/13 at 9:05pmQuote:
Your right! I still have the stock tubes. I may want to go with some Gold Lions though. But right now I'm used to the sound of the LF. The LF and WA22 are two different sounds though. It is hard to explain but listening to a WA22 is like a gentle rain with occasional gusts of wind. The LF is like gusty winds and sheets of rain--all in a good way.
Some like gentle rain. Some like it not. ;)post #27575 of 392589/28/13 at 10:01pmpost #27576 of 392589/28/13 at 10:53pmpost #27577 of 392589/28/13 at 11:42pmpost #27578 of 392589/29/13 at 12:04ampost #27579 of 392589/29/13 at 1:57ampost #27580 of 392589/29/13 at 1:59ampost #27581 of 392589/29/13 at 2:09amQuote:
I'll definitely try. My dad passed on a speaker setup down to me so I'll see what I can do... Will test the Abyss with them as well.post #27582 of 392589/29/13 at 2:35amQuote:
My poor back!! I have no idea what to get as a next amp :/ I first need a new DAC!
+1post #27583 of 392589/29/13 at 6:13ampost #27584 of 392589/29/13 at 6:47am
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony NW-WM1Z/ NW-WM1A Flagship DAP (Live From IFA 2016) 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 4 minutes ago
- › Review on HtC 10 and Sound quality (AQstic Dedicated Integrated DAC) 6 minutes ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones -... 8 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 10 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 12 minutes ago
- › Wireworld Silver Starlight 7 USB A to B 0.5M - less than half price 12 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 15 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears ADEL - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 17 minutes ago
- › Lotoo Paw Pico by twister6
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › AKG K92 | Over Ear Closed Back Monitoring Headphone by SaturnVuk
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear