or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1837

post #27541 of 39169
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxyGuy View Post
 

 

They are a bit better, but they aren't $250 better, imho.

 

 

oh for me they would be lol. if they really are better, i am definitely getting a pair.

post #27542 of 39169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post
 

 

 

oh for me they would be lol. if they really are better, i am definitely getting a pair.

 

Cool.  I only paid $375 for my pair... Starts making the amp look cheap after a while.

post #27543 of 39169
lol
post #27544 of 39169
375 a pair isnt too bad, they seem to be going 400s -500s a pair, cheaper than gec 6as7g
post #27545 of 39169

Ultrainferno gifted me a pair of 5998s. They were in my WA22 for a few CDs. They sound a little too bright and ss for my taste. I actually prefer the RCA 6AS7s over the 5998s in my WA2 (now sold) and my WA22 (still have). So they are back in the box until my hearing changes. Perhaps I will like them better with different tubes. I was using the Brimar CV1863 and CBS 6SN7GTB. I'll try the GZ37 today.

post #27546 of 39169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton SF View Post
 

Ultrainferno gifted me a pair of 5998s. They were in my WA22 for a few CDs. They sound a little too bright and ss for my taste. I actually prefer the RCA 6AS7s over the 5998s in my WA2 (now sold) and my WA22 (still have). So they are back in the box until my hearing changes. Perhaps I will like them better with different tubes. I was using the Brimar CV1863 and CBS 6SN7GTB. I'll try the GZ37 today.

 

I fully agree with you, that's why I gave them to you. I kid I kid, I got them just for you but I do not like my 5998s either and I have several pairs in my storage

post #27547 of 39169
I feel bad for all you good people having to store this fragile glass you don't like.

I can help.

When you need it, just ask.
post #27548 of 39169
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxyGuy View Post


I have both for my WA22 and I don't find that one over the other makes a huge difference.  I'm sure there are those out there who would consider me a Philistine for even suggesting that the WE421s are not the bee's knees, but I don't hear much difference.  I think that the drivers and rectifiers make a much bigger impact on the SQ than the power tubes, but YMMV.

Also, GalaxyGuy, you sound more like a heathen than a philistine. (If you use a capital letter, isn't it racist? - Just saying.)
post #27549 of 39169

after i get WA22, i must seek out a pair of WE 421A, also maybe a WE422A rectifier i've been looking at.

 

or even these :D (yeah this unfortunately will never happen).

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pair-of-Western-Electric-274A-Engraved-Globe-Tubes-Balloon-100-TESTED-/300971856859?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item46135213db 

post #27550 of 39169
I take two pairs please.
post #27551 of 39169

just bumped my WA2 for sale

 

someone buy it so i can upgrade to WA22!!!

post #27552 of 39169

:D

post #27553 of 39169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post
 

just bumped my WA2 for sale

 

someone buy it so i can upgrade to WA22!!!

 

Are you reeeeeaaaaly sure you aint gonna keep it? ;)

post #27554 of 39169

I need to do a little dusting off of them tubes.

I have to say that the 5998s do look great though.

It looks as though I'm trapped inside those tubes.

post #27555 of 39169
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardilla View Post
 

 

Are you reeeeeaaaaly sure you aint gonna keep it? ;)

 

no money for both right now.

 

and i can always buy it back, if i miss it but also enjoy the WA22, and then i'll be just like you. :D 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite