Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1824

post #27346 of 30600
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post

 

 

Speaking of which, whatever happened to mikemalter?

 

He's doing fine and just doing his thing - a lot of interesting things on his plate. I went to his home again back in January and picked up his MMF-7 TT. He's always a gracious host. May see him year-end. He does say "Hello" to everyone...

post #27347 of 30600
Quote:
Originally Posted by BournePerfect View Post
 
Quote:

 

I do wonder if a lot of it does really come down to topology though-I've never owned a transformer-coupled tube amp before. I do agree though that I prefer the Zana easily with the HD800s-just a sense of pure effortlessness and ease of flowing music, that must be one of it's traits...? I'm sure you can notice some differences with the WA5 you own, compared to the CSP2 you had...

-Daniel

You are going in a big circle Daniel. You are going to end up with the ZDSE all over again.... :D

post #27348 of 30600
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbowbbs View Post
 

You are going in a big circle Daniel. You are going to end up with the ZDSE all over again.... :D

Happy Is that like the Merry-go-round I see mentioned in audio?

post #27349 of 30600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post
 

 

He's doing fine and just doing his thing - a lot of interesting things on his plate. I went to his home again back in January and picked up his MMF-7 TT. He's always a gracious host. May see him year-end. He does say "Hello" to everyone...

 

Good to hear he's doing well. 

post #27350 of 30600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbowbbs View Post
 

You are going in a big circle Daniel. You are going to end up with the ZDSE all over again.... :D

Happy Is that like the Merry-go-round I see mentioned in audio?

 

post #27351 of 30600
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbowbbs View Post
 

You are going in a big circle Daniel. You are going to end up with the ZDSE all over again.... :D

 

 

Hey I bought the Eximus twice-so who knows lol. If my Leviathan doesn't cure the tube amp itch-somebody smack me. That said I still wanna try some 'lightly' euphoric 6SN7s-but not at the expense of transparency and tight bass. Sugesstions...Peter?

 

-Daniel

post #27352 of 30600
Quote:
Originally Posted by BournePerfect View Post
 

 

 

Hey I bought the Eximus twice-so who knows lol. If my Leviathan doesn't cure the tube amp itch-somebody smack me. That said I still wanna try some 'lightly' euphoric 6SN7s-but not at the expense of transparency and tight bass. Sugesstions...Peter?

 

-Daniel

 

Stratus on the cards?? :P

post #27353 of 30600

I think the Levi checks all the boxes I'm looking for-should be a step or two above the Stratus-but similar design. Oh-and it comes in black. :P

If I wasn't having that built, I'd be looking at the EC 2A3x4, or the DNA as a cheaper option. Really enjoying this Woo know though-gonna give the Sophia 274Bs another shot in a minute...

 

-Daniel

post #27354 of 30600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post
 

 

Just when I finally put the Black WooAudio WA5 out of my mind, the beginning of the month, you had to go:evil:and rekindle that interest. :rolleyes:

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

ill take the WA22, still looking for one as an endgame tube amp. biggrin.gif

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post
 

In the past few years, the strongest running currents to appear in this thread, always involved one or two things and sometimes both - WooAudio WA22 amp owners; tube rolling for said owners. So fast, if you glanced up at the clock, :tongue_smile: you were already 2 pages behind! Fellow members jc9394, Clayton SF, MacedonianHero, mikemalter and a few others could testify.

 

On the rare occasion this wasn't the case, the aforementioned owners would be on the sideline wanting, willing, waiting... to jump back on the tube rolling discussion roller coaster. There, are you excited now, DG?

:popcorn:

 

It will be hard to sell my WA22, my asking price is at MSRP of a new WA22.  :mad:

post #27355 of 30600

What's the wait time for a new one, though?

 

-Daniel

post #27356 of 30600
Quote:
Originally Posted by BournePerfect View Post
 

What's the wait time for a new one, though?

 

-Daniel

 

probably couple weeks, my WA22 is one of few fully modded with BGs WA22 that I know exists.

post #27357 of 30600
Whats difference in sound beween stock and blackgate modded? Cause used wa22 is rare but they sell much cheaper
post #27358 of 30600

the BGs are really good with mids and better sound stage.  it is the last 5% we are chasing...

post #27359 of 30600

Knowing its developmental history, I previously sought this very WA22 from owner jc9394. However, at the time he was not ready to part with it. 

post #27360 of 30600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post
 

Knowing its developmental history, I previously sought this very WA22 from owner jc9394. However, at the time he was not ready to part with it. 

 

at that time, I still live in a condo, not enough space to park those tanks

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite