Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1820

post #27286 of 30581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton SF View Post
 

FRANK, that is one beautiful amp. Or I should say, those two chassis parts make one beautiful amp. Classy glass too!

 

+1 really really nice, its great to own a woo!

post #27287 of 30581

I'm new and this is probably the wrong place to ask, but if I get the WA3 with preamp and connect it to my computer (asus essence stx sound card)  how do I change between my powered 2.1 and headphones?  Looking to pair this with HD 650.  This is my first choice unless of course this isn't the way to set it up.  Sorry I'm new to amps/dacs/preamps hooked up to my computer.

post #27288 of 30581
STX RCA out to WA3 in. WA3 RCA out to 2.1 in. WA3 preamp will drive your 2.1. Another way to do this would be to split the STX RCA out and keep both separate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasf1 View Post

I'm new and this is probably the wrong place to ask, but if I get the WA3 with preamp and connect it to my computer (asus essence stx sound card)  how do I change between my powered 2.1 and headphones?  Looking to pair this with HD 650.  This is my first choice unless of course this isn't the way to set it up.  Sorry I'm new to amps/dacs/preamps hooked up to my computer.
post #27289 of 30581
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrindingThud View Post

STX RCA out to WA3 in. WA3 RCA out to 2.1 in. WA3 preamp will drive your 2.1. Another way to do this would be to split the STX RCA out and keep both separate.

 

Thanks.  Splitting sounds better if I understand it right.  I would just adjust the volume on the klipsch 2.1 separately with the volume knob on the satellite speaker and I would adjust the headphone volume from the WA3 right?  If I split it then I could use any amp that way if I'm understanding correctly.

post #27290 of 30581
Yes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasf1 View Post

Thanks.  Splitting sounds better if I understand it right.  I would just adjust the volume on the klipsch 2.1 separately with the volume knob on the satellite speaker and I would adjust the headphone volume from the WA3 right?  If I split it then I could use any amp that way if I'm understanding correctly.
post #27291 of 30581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton SF View Post
 

FRANK, that is one beautiful amp. Or I should say, those two chassis parts make one beautiful amp. Classy glass too!

 

Claytin thanks for the compliment. It is really sounding great.

post #27292 of 30581
Anxious to see how bourneperfect compares the Wa5SE to the Zana Duex.

popcorn.gif
post #27293 of 30581
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazsud View Post

Anxious to see how bourneperfect compares the Wa5SE to the Zana Duex.

popcorn.gif

 

I dunno but i'm guessing WA5

post #27294 of 30581
Quote:
Originally Posted by magiccabbage View Post

I dunno but i'm guessing WA5

Prepare to be surprised. wink.gif A lot more listening to do before I start making statements. I love the looks and the build quality...ridiculous in person.

-Daniel
post #27295 of 30581
Quote:
Originally Posted by BournePerfect View Post


Prepare to be surprised. wink.gif A lot more listening to do before I start making statements. I love the looks and the build quality...ridiculous in person.

-Daniel

 

I assume that applies to both amps? :k701smile:

post #27296 of 30581

I've got a pretty good feel of the ZDSE after living with it over a year with many different dacs and a few tubes. It's pretty easy to see in other amps where certain nuances are lacking, or even nonexistent in comparison. That's why I was pretty fond of the Bryston-despite it's somewhat sharp top end-it had a smidgen of the EC traits that I've never heard anywhere else.

 

-Daniel

post #27297 of 30581
Quote:
Originally Posted by magiccabbage View Post
 

 

I dunno but i'm guessing WA5

 

I agree but it's always nice to read why :)

 

Plan on getting the zdse in april and the wa5 a year or two after that. 

post #27298 of 30581
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazsud View Post
 

 

I agree but it's always nice to read why :)

 

Plan on getting the zdse in april and the wa5 a year or two after that. 

 

Keeping both?

post #27299 of 30581

Maybe

post #27300 of 30581

As I understand it the Tung Sol 5998 is on another gain (or whatever the technical term is) than for example the stock RCA 6080 in the WA3. To avoid distortion I'm kind of forced now to listen at a lower volume level but it's a bit too low for my taste. Is there a nice (similar sounding) and not super rare alternative tube that allows for higher volume? My headphones are 300Ω and up.


Edited by moriez - 9/8/13 at 1:38pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite