- 947 Posts. Joined 12/2012
- Location: Planet Earth - Somewhere afloat on the Chesapeake Bay
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohmstagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by Themorganlett85, 5/10/14
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 12/4/11
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA3tagged by System, 3/29/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 4/2/11More
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 8/27/10
- productWooAudio WA7 Firefliestagged by AudioMan612, 5/26/15
- productWoo Audio WEE electrostatic energizertagged by System, 3/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD650 & Schiit Valhalla Setup? Last post on 9/18/11 at 1:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an advice for setting up a closed, comfort, light weight full-size headphone set Last post on 5/24/11 at 6:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 3/8/16 at 10:20pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
Here is my short review of the HOOKA headphone hanger. Thank you to Pandora from Brainwavz for providing me with the product. This very cool headphone hanger came in a nice, small sized...
The Emotiva DC-1 Stealth DAC is frankly, an incredible value. The only other products I can think of that offers such a complete and capable skill set for such a low cost are the Koss KSC75,...
This is a very comfortable headphone (not ideally so, but close enough) and once you get used to the clap force, you barely notice it's on. The sound quality is amazing. I have compared this...
First of all, thank you to @ejong7 for arranging for me to be included in this review tour. I am in no way affiliated with Obravo or any retailer. I am head-fi hobbyist and music lover...
Where do I start? These honestly sound like the HD600/650 in IEM form. My previous go to IEM was the Klipsch X10 ($100), followed by the Klipsch X20i ($539). What is amazing, is that the RE-400...
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1811post #27151 of 382148/26/13 at 7:30pmIndeed, thanks...
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #27152 of 382148/27/13 at 4:21ampost #27153 of 382148/27/13 at 5:22ampost #27154 of 382148/27/13 at 5:25amQuote:
They have some of the best harmonies ever.post #27155 of 382148/27/13 at 6:40ampost #27156 of 382148/27/13 at 7:02pm
The WA6SE is not a combo amp, so he would still need a DAC, which would put him well above his budget. I've listened to the WA7 and WA6SE side by side and I think the WA7 holds its own quite well. I don't think that the WA7 is all that much of a sacrifice, but, as ever, YMMV.post #27157 of 382148/27/13 at 7:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by Sid-Fi
Mayber I should look into that option more seriously. I have to confess I haven't really assumed the built in DAC would be that good despite knowing that it is getting really good reviews. I assumed the amp was probably really good with a "pretty good for a through-in" DAC. I welcome any comments if I'm totally offbase here.
There has been a recent discussion of this on the WA7 thread. You might check it out, Sid. Others have said that you need to put some serious dollars into your DAC before you can hear the difference from the built in DAC that the WA7 comes with. I haven't tried this out myself, but I am pretty happy with the WA7/TH900 combo.post #27158 of 382148/27/13 at 8:48pmQuote:+1. WA7 is a tremendous bargain in the Woo lineup. Have a number of cans and amps in the collection and yet spend more time with T90 + WA7 for recreational listening tha all the others combined.Originally Posted by GalaxyGuy
The WA6SE is not a combo amp, so he would still need a DAC, which would put him well above his budget. I've listened to the WA7 and WA6SE side by side and I think the WA7 holds its own quite well. I don't think that the WA7 is all that much of a sacrifice, but, as ever, YMMV.post #27159 of 382148/28/13 at 12:10amwill my dacmagic 100 -> Woo Audio WA6 do the T1 justice? i'm about to bite the bullet on the T1 but I dont want to spend 10+ bills on a headphone to find it sounds like garbage with my setup.... I'm using the Sophia Princess and 6FD7spost #27160 of 382148/28/13 at 6:46amMight be a little lean on the bass, some1 pmed me about this not too long and they werent impressed with t1/800 and wa6. That 1400 ohm impedance at the midbass really needs a more powerful amp or an otl that can deliver the big voltage swings the t1 needs to really bring out the bass as well as dynamics and warmth
Edited by Dubstep Girl - 8/28/13 at 6:48ampost #27161 of 382148/28/13 at 6:47ampost #27162 of 382148/28/13 at 7:03ampost #27163 of 382148/28/13 at 7:06ampost #27164 of 382148/28/13 at 7:09amQuote:
The check purchase is in the mail. 7 days for the WEE, 30 days for the Stax...WooAudio is simply going to ship them out together.post #27165 of 382148/28/13 at 7:11amQuote:
May I hand deliver to you personally? WooAudio is only 3 hours away, I can probably make it in 2 hours if I leave around 2AM.
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Three Word Story 28 seconds ago
- › HD650 or HD800S? 53 seconds ago
- › Football (Soccer) Fans Gather 1 minute ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › post your grado mods.... 3 minutes ago
- › k1000 owners club 3 minutes ago
- › Pioneer's First Hi-End Headphones: SE-Master 1 5 minutes ago
- › Hi-fi portable digital streaming device search help?... 6 minutes ago
- › Beats headphone teardown 7 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Hooka by DynamikeB
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by JoeDoe
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by MorrisL
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Krisman
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by achelgeson
- › Meze 99 Classics by Mshenay
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by C.C.S.
- › Effect Audio Leonidas by MikePortnoy
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by DynamikeB
- › Marantz HD- DAC1High Definition USB DAC / Headphone Amp by Gamergtx260
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...