- 966 Posts. Joined 12/2012
- Location: Planet Earth - Somewhere afloat on the Chesapeake Bay
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohmstagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by Themorganlett85, 5/10/14
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 12/4/11
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA3tagged by System, 3/29/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 4/2/11More
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 8/27/10
- productWooAudio WA7 Firefliestagged by AudioMan612, 5/26/15
- productWoo Audio WEE electrostatic energizertagged by System, 3/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD650 & Schiit Valhalla Setup? Last post on 9/18/11 at 1:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an advice for setting up a closed, comfort, light weight full-size headphone set Last post on 5/24/11 at 6:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 3/8/16 at 10:20pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all of...
UP with the Encasement of Sound! When I heard the Shanling UP, I was perplexed. I had read many a comment espousing the virtues of the Audioquest Dragonfly Black (DFB), and especially the Red...
To begin with, I would like to thank iFi for making this great tour and allowing some of us to test this product. I've been enjoying my original micro iDSD since January 2015 and it is really a...
-- **This review is a sample portion from the full thread: Meet the Puresounds Earbud Family.** **All photos are taken by me.** **Disclaimer - I was provided the Puresounds...
There comes a time you're bored from your audio gear. You don't have a grand or two for a new set of ultra high end headphones to give you that fresh kick, and electronics costing as much as your...
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1811post #27151 of 392588/26/13 at 7:30pmIndeed, thanks...
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #27152 of 392588/27/13 at 4:21ampost #27153 of 392588/27/13 at 5:22ampost #27154 of 392588/27/13 at 5:25amQuote:
They have some of the best harmonies ever.post #27155 of 392588/27/13 at 6:40ampost #27156 of 392588/27/13 at 7:02pm
The WA6SE is not a combo amp, so he would still need a DAC, which would put him well above his budget. I've listened to the WA7 and WA6SE side by side and I think the WA7 holds its own quite well. I don't think that the WA7 is all that much of a sacrifice, but, as ever, YMMV.post #27157 of 392588/27/13 at 7:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by Sid-Fi
Mayber I should look into that option more seriously. I have to confess I haven't really assumed the built in DAC would be that good despite knowing that it is getting really good reviews. I assumed the amp was probably really good with a "pretty good for a through-in" DAC. I welcome any comments if I'm totally offbase here.
There has been a recent discussion of this on the WA7 thread. You might check it out, Sid. Others have said that you need to put some serious dollars into your DAC before you can hear the difference from the built in DAC that the WA7 comes with. I haven't tried this out myself, but I am pretty happy with the WA7/TH900 combo.post #27158 of 392588/27/13 at 8:48pmQuote:+1. WA7 is a tremendous bargain in the Woo lineup. Have a number of cans and amps in the collection and yet spend more time with T90 + WA7 for recreational listening tha all the others combined.Originally Posted by GalaxyGuy
The WA6SE is not a combo amp, so he would still need a DAC, which would put him well above his budget. I've listened to the WA7 and WA6SE side by side and I think the WA7 holds its own quite well. I don't think that the WA7 is all that much of a sacrifice, but, as ever, YMMV.post #27159 of 392588/28/13 at 12:10amwill my dacmagic 100 -> Woo Audio WA6 do the T1 justice? i'm about to bite the bullet on the T1 but I dont want to spend 10+ bills on a headphone to find it sounds like garbage with my setup.... I'm using the Sophia Princess and 6FD7spost #27160 of 392588/28/13 at 6:46amMight be a little lean on the bass, some1 pmed me about this not too long and they werent impressed with t1/800 and wa6. That 1400 ohm impedance at the midbass really needs a more powerful amp or an otl that can deliver the big voltage swings the t1 needs to really bring out the bass as well as dynamics and warmth
Edited by Dubstep Girl - 8/28/13 at 6:48ampost #27161 of 392588/28/13 at 6:47ampost #27162 of 392588/28/13 at 7:03ampost #27163 of 392588/28/13 at 7:06ampost #27164 of 392588/28/13 at 7:09amQuote:
The check purchase is in the mail. 7 days for the WEE, 30 days for the Stax...WooAudio is simply going to ship them out together.post #27165 of 392588/28/13 at 7:11amQuote:
May I hand deliver to you personally? WooAudio is only 3 hours away, I can probably make it in 2 hours if I leave around 2AM.
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Cypherus Audio Products Discussion Thread: CampFred Earbuds, QFred... 25 seconds ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 26 seconds ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 52 seconds ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › Sony/HTC/AKG/MISC Thread 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Review Tour starts right now!!---Android... 2 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 3 minutes ago
- › Tennmak 5 minutes ago
- › Starting Point Systems portable NOS DAC 6 minutes ago
- › Lotoo Paw Pico by twister6
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › AKG K92 | Over Ear Closed Back Monitoring Headphone by SaturnVuk
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear