- 955 Posts. Joined 12/2012
- Location: Planet Earth - Somewhere afloat on the Chesapeake Bay
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohmstagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by Themorganlett85, 5/10/14
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 12/4/11
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA3tagged by System, 3/29/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 4/2/11More
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 8/27/10
- productWooAudio WA7 Firefliestagged by AudioMan612, 5/26/15
- productWoo Audio WEE electrostatic energizertagged by System, 3/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD650 & Schiit Valhalla Setup? Last post on 9/18/11 at 1:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an advice for setting up a closed, comfort, light weight full-size headphone set Last post on 5/24/11 at 6:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 3/8/16 at 10:20pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
Advanced AcousticWerkes Q Earphone Review - Expatinjapan Head Pie Advanced AcousticWerkes Q earphone with the Hifiman MegaMini Dap Advanced AcousticWerkes Q...
First of all, fantastic sound. Not necessarily *non-biased*, but possesses smooth highs, fantastically defined mids, and rich, powerful, yet completely not overwhelming bass. I accidentally broke...
Thinksound On2 Review: A Wonderful Wooden On-Ear With A Small Ecological Footprint I like Thinksound products. I always have, with the exception of the On1. It was a product that had so much...
Hidizs AP60 Review: A Tiny Little Fighter Hidizs is a Chinese company that’s been building DAPs for number of years now, starting with their current flagship, the AP100, a device I’ve really...
REVIEW: Remax RM-800MD Specifications: Driver: Knowles Balanced armature + 9.2mm dynamic driver Impedance: 16ohm Sensitivity: 98dB Frequency Response: 20Hz-20 kHz Price: U$D...
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1811post #27151 of 389438/26/13 at 7:30pmIndeed, thanks...
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #27152 of 389438/27/13 at 4:21ampost #27153 of 389438/27/13 at 5:22ampost #27154 of 389438/27/13 at 5:25amQuote:
They have some of the best harmonies ever.post #27155 of 389438/27/13 at 6:40ampost #27156 of 389438/27/13 at 7:02pm
The WA6SE is not a combo amp, so he would still need a DAC, which would put him well above his budget. I've listened to the WA7 and WA6SE side by side and I think the WA7 holds its own quite well. I don't think that the WA7 is all that much of a sacrifice, but, as ever, YMMV.post #27157 of 389438/27/13 at 7:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by Sid-Fi
Mayber I should look into that option more seriously. I have to confess I haven't really assumed the built in DAC would be that good despite knowing that it is getting really good reviews. I assumed the amp was probably really good with a "pretty good for a through-in" DAC. I welcome any comments if I'm totally offbase here.
There has been a recent discussion of this on the WA7 thread. You might check it out, Sid. Others have said that you need to put some serious dollars into your DAC before you can hear the difference from the built in DAC that the WA7 comes with. I haven't tried this out myself, but I am pretty happy with the WA7/TH900 combo.post #27158 of 389438/27/13 at 8:48pmQuote:+1. WA7 is a tremendous bargain in the Woo lineup. Have a number of cans and amps in the collection and yet spend more time with T90 + WA7 for recreational listening tha all the others combined.Originally Posted by GalaxyGuy
The WA6SE is not a combo amp, so he would still need a DAC, which would put him well above his budget. I've listened to the WA7 and WA6SE side by side and I think the WA7 holds its own quite well. I don't think that the WA7 is all that much of a sacrifice, but, as ever, YMMV.post #27159 of 389438/28/13 at 12:10amwill my dacmagic 100 -> Woo Audio WA6 do the T1 justice? i'm about to bite the bullet on the T1 but I dont want to spend 10+ bills on a headphone to find it sounds like garbage with my setup.... I'm using the Sophia Princess and 6FD7spost #27160 of 389438/28/13 at 6:46amMight be a little lean on the bass, some1 pmed me about this not too long and they werent impressed with t1/800 and wa6. That 1400 ohm impedance at the midbass really needs a more powerful amp or an otl that can deliver the big voltage swings the t1 needs to really bring out the bass as well as dynamics and warmth
Edited by Dubstep Girl - 8/28/13 at 6:48ampost #27161 of 389438/28/13 at 6:47ampost #27162 of 389438/28/13 at 7:03ampost #27163 of 389438/28/13 at 7:06ampost #27164 of 389438/28/13 at 7:09amQuote:
The check purchase is in the mail. 7 days for the WEE, 30 days for the Stax...WooAudio is simply going to ship them out together.post #27165 of 389438/28/13 at 7:11amQuote:
May I hand deliver to you personally? WooAudio is only 3 hours away, I can probably make it in 2 hours if I leave around 2AM.
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › LG V20 Sound Quality 3 minutes ago
- › UpTone Audio USB REGEN 4 minutes ago
- › Music City Meet, 6th Edition -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2016 (October... 4 minutes ago
- › Does your Powercolor Devil HDX 7.1 suffer from the warm reboot issue? 5 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 5 minutes ago
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor (DAP | USB DAC | USB Transport... 5 minutes ago
- › Calgary 13th Head-Fi Meet Impressions (Oct. 16, 2016) 6 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 8 minutes ago
- › Grado GH-1 Discussion 9 minutes ago
- › Nuforce HEM Discussion & Impressions 11 minutes ago
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ExpatinJapan
- › RHA MA750i by Peter Zhang
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by Cinder
- › Hidizs AP60 HiFi Mini Bluetooth Lossless MP3 Portable Music Player... by Cinder
- › Remax RM-800MD by Zelda
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by killerline
- › Over Ear Headphone Shareme 4.1 Bluetooth Foldable Headsets with... by genclaymore
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by Brooko
- › AGPTek H01 HiFi MP3 Player with Volume Knob &2.4 Inch HD... by Peddler
- › V-MODA Crossfade Wireless Over-Ear Headphone - Rouge by Peddler
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...