- 897 Posts. Joined 12/2012
- Location: Planet Earth - Somewhere afloat on the Chesapeake Bay
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohmstagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by Themorganlett85, 5/10/14
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 12/4/11
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA3tagged by System, 3/29/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 4/2/11More
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 8/27/10
- productWooAudio WA7 Firefliestagged by AudioMan612, 5/26/15
- productWoo Audio WEE electrostatic energizertagged by System, 3/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD650 & Schiit Valhalla Setup? Last post on 9/18/11 at 1:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an advice for setting up a closed, comfort, light weight full-size headphone set Last post on 5/24/11 at 6:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 10/1/10 at 6:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 6/30/15
The Soundmagic E80 was purchased by me from Penon Audio. I’m not in any way affiliated with Penon Audio or Soundmagic. The price was $69 when I bought them and this is where I ordered them...
(note: pictures included are not mine, I grabbed them from the net to make the article easier to read) I've had these for well over a year and used them at least 5 days-a-week during that...
Many thanks to Brooko for arranging this tour unit Pros: External Playlists: Pretty much my number one priority after sound, this took some fiddling to get working from my Mac/iTunes but I...
At the time of the review, the Venture Electronics Zen was on sale on the company’s Aliexpress store. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Lumia 640 LTE I never owned a portable device (apart from a Sony Walkman in the 80's) because I never felt the use of it. Just out of curiosity, not expecting much, I plugged my Sony MDR-Z7 in my...
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1811post #27151 of 343798/26/13 at 7:30pmIndeed, thanks...
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #27152 of 343798/27/13 at 4:21ampost #27153 of 343798/27/13 at 5:22ampost #27154 of 343798/27/13 at 5:25amQuote:
They have some of the best harmonies ever.post #27155 of 343798/27/13 at 6:40ampost #27156 of 343798/27/13 at 7:02pm
The WA6SE is not a combo amp, so he would still need a DAC, which would put him well above his budget. I've listened to the WA7 and WA6SE side by side and I think the WA7 holds its own quite well. I don't think that the WA7 is all that much of a sacrifice, but, as ever, YMMV.post #27157 of 343798/27/13 at 7:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by Sid-Fi
Mayber I should look into that option more seriously. I have to confess I haven't really assumed the built in DAC would be that good despite knowing that it is getting really good reviews. I assumed the amp was probably really good with a "pretty good for a through-in" DAC. I welcome any comments if I'm totally offbase here.
There has been a recent discussion of this on the WA7 thread. You might check it out, Sid. Others have said that you need to put some serious dollars into your DAC before you can hear the difference from the built in DAC that the WA7 comes with. I haven't tried this out myself, but I am pretty happy with the WA7/TH900 combo.post #27158 of 343798/27/13 at 8:48pmQuote:+1. WA7 is a tremendous bargain in the Woo lineup. Have a number of cans and amps in the collection and yet spend more time with T90 + WA7 for recreational listening tha all the others combined.Originally Posted by GalaxyGuy
The WA6SE is not a combo amp, so he would still need a DAC, which would put him well above his budget. I've listened to the WA7 and WA6SE side by side and I think the WA7 holds its own quite well. I don't think that the WA7 is all that much of a sacrifice, but, as ever, YMMV.post #27159 of 343798/28/13 at 12:10amwill my dacmagic 100 -> Woo Audio WA6 do the T1 justice? i'm about to bite the bullet on the T1 but I dont want to spend 10+ bills on a headphone to find it sounds like garbage with my setup.... I'm using the Sophia Princess and 6FD7spost #27160 of 343798/28/13 at 6:46amMight be a little lean on the bass, some1 pmed me about this not too long and they werent impressed with t1/800 and wa6. That 1400 ohm impedance at the midbass really needs a more powerful amp or an otl that can deliver the big voltage swings the t1 needs to really bring out the bass as well as dynamics and warmth
Edited by Dubstep Girl - 8/28/13 at 6:48ampost #27161 of 343798/28/13 at 6:47ampost #27162 of 343798/28/13 at 7:03ampost #27163 of 343798/28/13 at 7:06ampost #27164 of 343798/28/13 at 7:09amQuote:
The check purchase is in the mail. 7 days for the WEE, 30 days for the Stax...WooAudio is simply going to ship them out together.post #27165 of 343798/28/13 at 7:11amQuote:
May I hand deliver to you personally? WooAudio is only 3 hours away, I can probably make it in 2 hours if I leave around 2AM.
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Headphone Unveiled Today 58 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 2nd Generation Australasian Tour(s) 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD518 HD558 HD598 Support Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Soundmagic E10S Replacement Tips help 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704) 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › Need closed back recommendations. 10 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 13 minutes ago
- › Music City Meet, 4th Edition -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2015... 14 minutes ago
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by peter123
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by LAmitchell
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ade_hall
- › VE Zen by Hisoundfi
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by eke2k6
- › Beats Solo HD On-Ear Headphone by Skylarke
- › Heaven VII by peter123
- › Noble Audio BTS by HiFiChris
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3