- 949 Posts. Joined 12/2012
- Location: Planet Earth - Somewhere afloat on the Chesapeake Bay
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohmstagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by Themorganlett85, 5/10/14
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 12/4/11
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA3tagged by System, 3/29/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 4/2/11More
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 8/27/10
- productWooAudio WA7 Firefliestagged by AudioMan612, 5/26/15
- productWoo Audio WEE electrostatic energizertagged by System, 3/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD650 & Schiit Valhalla Setup? Last post on 9/18/11 at 1:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an advice for setting up a closed, comfort, light weight full-size headphone set Last post on 5/24/11 at 6:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 3/8/16 at 10:20pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
At the time this review was written, the Edifier P220 was listed for sale on Amazon. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be taking a quick and dirty look at the YHC S600, yet another outstanding hyper-budget earphone worthy of consideration. What the S600 brings to the...
I was able to get these from a friend who used their employee discount, so ignore the price paid. I would consider myself a rookie when it comes to headphones, but not sound quality. My...
Best looking closed headphone on the market that acts just like a open headphone but brings the advantages of a closed headphone such as detail and imaging... It is combining both worlds and packs...
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1811post #27151 of 386048/26/13 at 7:30pmIndeed, thanks...
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #27152 of 386048/27/13 at 4:21ampost #27153 of 386048/27/13 at 5:22ampost #27154 of 386048/27/13 at 5:25amQuote:
They have some of the best harmonies ever.post #27155 of 386048/27/13 at 6:40ampost #27156 of 386048/27/13 at 7:02pm
The WA6SE is not a combo amp, so he would still need a DAC, which would put him well above his budget. I've listened to the WA7 and WA6SE side by side and I think the WA7 holds its own quite well. I don't think that the WA7 is all that much of a sacrifice, but, as ever, YMMV.post #27157 of 386048/27/13 at 7:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by Sid-Fi
Mayber I should look into that option more seriously. I have to confess I haven't really assumed the built in DAC would be that good despite knowing that it is getting really good reviews. I assumed the amp was probably really good with a "pretty good for a through-in" DAC. I welcome any comments if I'm totally offbase here.
There has been a recent discussion of this on the WA7 thread. You might check it out, Sid. Others have said that you need to put some serious dollars into your DAC before you can hear the difference from the built in DAC that the WA7 comes with. I haven't tried this out myself, but I am pretty happy with the WA7/TH900 combo.post #27158 of 386048/27/13 at 8:48pmQuote:+1. WA7 is a tremendous bargain in the Woo lineup. Have a number of cans and amps in the collection and yet spend more time with T90 + WA7 for recreational listening tha all the others combined.Originally Posted by GalaxyGuy
The WA6SE is not a combo amp, so he would still need a DAC, which would put him well above his budget. I've listened to the WA7 and WA6SE side by side and I think the WA7 holds its own quite well. I don't think that the WA7 is all that much of a sacrifice, but, as ever, YMMV.post #27159 of 386048/28/13 at 12:10amwill my dacmagic 100 -> Woo Audio WA6 do the T1 justice? i'm about to bite the bullet on the T1 but I dont want to spend 10+ bills on a headphone to find it sounds like garbage with my setup.... I'm using the Sophia Princess and 6FD7spost #27160 of 386048/28/13 at 6:46amMight be a little lean on the bass, some1 pmed me about this not too long and they werent impressed with t1/800 and wa6. That 1400 ohm impedance at the midbass really needs a more powerful amp or an otl that can deliver the big voltage swings the t1 needs to really bring out the bass as well as dynamics and warmth
Edited by Dubstep Girl - 8/28/13 at 6:48ampost #27161 of 386048/28/13 at 6:47ampost #27162 of 386048/28/13 at 7:03ampost #27163 of 386048/28/13 at 7:06ampost #27164 of 386048/28/13 at 7:09amQuote:
The check purchase is in the mail. 7 days for the WEE, 30 days for the Stax...WooAudio is simply going to ship them out together.post #27165 of 386048/28/13 at 7:11amQuote:
May I hand deliver to you personally? WooAudio is only 3 hours away, I can probably make it in 2 hours if I leave around 2AM.
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › COMPARISON / REVIEW (Part Deux) : A tale of two Sennheisers –... 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › Smyth Research Realiser A16 3 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 6 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 7 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread 9 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 9 minutes ago
- › USB Audio Recorder PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous... 9 minutes ago
- › Edifier P220 In-Ear Chrome Design Headphones With Microphone - Blue by Hisoundfi
- › EasGear Morul U5 Waterproof Wireless Earbuds by James Mash
- › Mixcder ANC-G5 Active Noise Cancelling Hi-Fi In-ear Headphones,... by Pastapipo
- › YHC S600 by B9Scrambler
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by dlo13
- › Fostex TH 900 by roxrite
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Shini44
- › Fischer Audio Omega Spark by crabdog
- › MusicMaker Phantom III / Shockwave III by Lurk650
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by jjacq
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...