I use nardis on Cafe Blue to really test bass on gear. That album and Modern Cool her two best. i have them all except maybe one . I been using her music since 1997 for gear testing.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohmstagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by Themorganlett85, 5/10/14
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 12/4/11
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA3tagged by System, 3/29/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 4/2/11More
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 8/27/10
- productWooAudio WA7 Firefliestagged by AudioMan612, 5/26/15
- productWoo Audio WEE electrostatic energizertagged by System, 3/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD650 & Schiit Valhalla Setup? Last post on 9/18/11 at 1:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an advice for setting up a closed, comfort, light weight full-size headphone set Last post on 5/24/11 at 6:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 3/8/16 at 10:20pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
I bought this ckr9ltd from AliExpress for 47USD, less than the usual 120USD RRP. Few fellow buyer with original ckr9ltd claimed that this is a real deal. I have no problem whatsoever to believe...
Disclamer. I provided these Sony Z5 for myself just for the sheer sound of it. These were not given to me for any type of review. I am writing these impressions of these works of art due...
Background I ordered my pair of AAW A3H Pros during Black Friday weekend 2015 at a certain group-buying website, hoping to get my feet wet in the world of customs at a price that wouldn't break...
REVIEW - Fiio EM3 Fiio is not a company that needs any introduction. Known for its wide and affordable large Amp and DAC line, and well regarded since the release of the first DAP...
Design/durability: Stellar build quality is one of the highlights of the Rockets. Pretty much every feature of it seems indestructible. The L-shaped jack seems very sturdy and has enough strain...
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1782post #26716 of 380557/26/13 at 7:24pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #26717 of 380557/26/13 at 7:24pmpost #26718 of 380557/26/13 at 7:26pmQuote:
Too busy to attend this year's show, maybe next year! I already have "Iron" that can power the HE-6 if I decide to skip the WA5. I have the G-22000 pushing 240 watts/channel and the SX-D7000 pushing 120 wpc at minimum.post #26719 of 380557/26/13 at 7:29pm
If I get the broad shouldered Yammo, you'll have to stop by for a listen!post #26720 of 380557/26/13 at 7:30pmQuote:
How many watts is that amp. Looks like a speaker amp onlypost #26721 of 380557/26/13 at 7:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by Frank I
Why would you say they are not the best if you have not heard them all. I don't know whats best but EAT not even being produced regular and there were issues with those tubes . WE is insanely priced and Kron may be good but I heard the EML 2A3 and Kron 2A3 and much preferred the EML. Royal Princess is made by Full music in China so not sure if they worth the asking price either but for me the EML are terrific tubes and I really have no interest in rolling the tubes because they sound so good. I dont get spastic with tube changes once I found a combo I lik, then they are what I stick with. I had a 6K CAT preamp and a CJ Premier 11A and used the same brand tubes for Nine years and was very happy. The combo I am using now in the amp is excellent and see no other reason to stay on the rolling binge. I just buy the tubes I will be using so i don't run out of them.
For the price of the Royal princess I can get two pairs of EML and have money left for more music or more Tungsol black glass tubes. besides without hearing every 300B who is to say what best and what one person thinks is the best may be another mans worst. It all so subjective with sound and audio.
What makes you think I have not heard them all? WE is the one I did not heard as I stated it cost more than WA5.
I may not owed WA5/LE but I can tell you I have WA5 in my possession longer than you and have tubes to roll too.post #26722 of 380557/26/13 at 7:32pmpost #26723 of 380557/26/13 at 7:33pmQuote:
But... I'm trying to make a "Short list" well, shorter. You're in expansion mode!post #26724 of 380557/26/13 at 7:36pmQuote:
Some of the christian Mcbride albums also sound brilliant on the WA2. Now there is a bass tester! Night train off the first album, have you heard it.
Silent one that amp is gorgeous! I do think the WA5 looks slightly nicer though but then again seeing it up close is a different story altogetherpost #26725 of 380557/26/13 at 7:36pmpost #26726 of 380557/26/13 at 7:36pm
Well then you dont need to buy any more tubes do you. Which one do you like /. You stated the royal princess do you have either and do you like them i for one am not interested in spending mor money on 300B tubes and will stick with the EML . Like I said earlier what may osund good to one person may be completely different to another but the EML tubes do sure sound good to me So how many do you have and what are your favorites?.post #26727 of 380557/26/13 at 7:38pmQuote:
i have ZDSE, WA22, a Grado (RS1i or PS1000), and maybe HE-6 + amp on my list. i must complete my headphone/amp wishlist by the end of next year. thats the goal.post #26728 of 380557/26/13 at 7:38pmpost #26729 of 380557/26/13 at 7:39pmQuote:
Company of Modern Cool is excellent to test bass.
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 6 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 34 seconds ago
- › Rhapsodio – A force to be reckoned with 1 minute ago
- › Recommendations for a balanced IEM? 2 minutes ago
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player 2 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 4 minutes ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 6 minutes ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 7 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by AzimAkbar
- › Sony XBA-Z5 Ultimate Hi-Res In Ear Headphone by Dsnuts
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Zelda
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by Voyageur
- › W4S Recovery USB Reclocker by leeperry
- › Noble Audio Kaiser K10UA universal aluminum by Saraguie
- › Somic v2 by mark2410
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by NeObliviscaris
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by avocadobeats123
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...