I use nardis on Cafe Blue to really test bass on gear. That album and Modern Cool her two best. i have them all except maybe one . I been using her music since 1997 for gear testing.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohmstagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by Themorganlett85, 5/10/14
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 12/4/11
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA3tagged by System, 3/29/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 4/2/11More
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 8/27/10
- productWoo Audio WEE electrostatic energizertagged by System, 3/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD650 & Schiit Valhalla Setup? Last post on 9/18/11 at 1:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an advice for setting up a closed, comfort, light weight full-size headphone set Last post on 5/24/11 at 6:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 10/1/10 at 6:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 4/13/15
Sennheiser RS185 Quick Review Thanks to Sennheiser for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/764148/sennheiser-rs185-review-by-mark2410 Brief: Look Ma, no...
Firstly, I'd like to thank @d marc0 for including me on this tour. It's always a great experience and privilege to be a part of such a great community which organises these tours for members like...
Firstly, I'd like to thank @H20Fidelity for including me on this tour. It's always a great experience and privilege to be a part of such a great community which organises these tours for members...
This is my first review on head-fi. I had humble beginnings in my path as an audiophile that only officially started once I got the wonderful AKG K550 and grew more conscious of the link between...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank RIVA Audio team for a review sample of Turbo X provided to me in exchange for my honest opinion. Thanks to the original Jambox, going back a...
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1782post #26716 of 334267/26/13 at 7:24pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #26717 of 334267/26/13 at 7:24pmpost #26718 of 334267/26/13 at 7:26pmQuote:
Too busy to attend this year's show, maybe next year! I already have "Iron" that can power the HE-6 if I decide to skip the WA5. I have the G-22000 pushing 240 watts/channel and the SX-D7000 pushing 120 wpc at minimum.post #26719 of 334267/26/13 at 7:29pm
If I get the broad shouldered Yammo, you'll have to stop by for a listen!post #26720 of 334267/26/13 at 7:30pmQuote:
How many watts is that amp. Looks like a speaker amp onlypost #26721 of 334267/26/13 at 7:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by Frank I
Why would you say they are not the best if you have not heard them all. I don't know whats best but EAT not even being produced regular and there were issues with those tubes . WE is insanely priced and Kron may be good but I heard the EML 2A3 and Kron 2A3 and much preferred the EML. Royal Princess is made by Full music in China so not sure if they worth the asking price either but for me the EML are terrific tubes and I really have no interest in rolling the tubes because they sound so good. I dont get spastic with tube changes once I found a combo I lik, then they are what I stick with. I had a 6K CAT preamp and a CJ Premier 11A and used the same brand tubes for Nine years and was very happy. The combo I am using now in the amp is excellent and see no other reason to stay on the rolling binge. I just buy the tubes I will be using so i don't run out of them.
For the price of the Royal princess I can get two pairs of EML and have money left for more music or more Tungsol black glass tubes. besides without hearing every 300B who is to say what best and what one person thinks is the best may be another mans worst. It all so subjective with sound and audio.
What makes you think I have not heard them all? WE is the one I did not heard as I stated it cost more than WA5.
I may not owed WA5/LE but I can tell you I have WA5 in my possession longer than you and have tubes to roll too.post #26722 of 334267/26/13 at 7:32pmpost #26723 of 334267/26/13 at 7:33pmQuote:
But... I'm trying to make a "Short list" well, shorter. You're in expansion mode!post #26724 of 334267/26/13 at 7:36pmQuote:
Some of the christian Mcbride albums also sound brilliant on the WA2. Now there is a bass tester! Night train off the first album, have you heard it.
Silent one that amp is gorgeous! I do think the WA5 looks slightly nicer though but then again seeing it up close is a different story altogetherpost #26725 of 334267/26/13 at 7:36pmpost #26726 of 334267/26/13 at 7:36pm
Well then you dont need to buy any more tubes do you. Which one do you like /. You stated the royal princess do you have either and do you like them i for one am not interested in spending mor money on 300B tubes and will stick with the EML . Like I said earlier what may osund good to one person may be completely different to another but the EML tubes do sure sound good to me So how many do you have and what are your favorites?.post #26727 of 334267/26/13 at 7:38pmQuote:
i have ZDSE, WA22, a Grado (RS1i or PS1000), and maybe HE-6 + amp on my list. i must complete my headphone/amp wishlist by the end of next year. thats the goal.post #26728 of 334267/26/13 at 7:38pmpost #26729 of 334267/26/13 at 7:39pmQuote:
Company of Modern Cool is excellent to test bass.
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 2 seconds ago
- › Quick Sale: Audio Technica ATH-AD700X $75USD Shipped 36 seconds ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 37 seconds ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 minute ago
- › Sample Rate and Bit-Depth 1 minute ago
- › CanJam London 2015 Is Official! August 29-30, 2015! 3 minutes ago
- › Cambridge meet impressions, 25 April 2015 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 6 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 6 minutes ago
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser RS 185 RF Wireless Headphone System by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by DJScope
- › HUM Pervasion - Android DAP by DJScope
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DreamKing
- › Riva TurboX High Performance Premium Mobile Bluetooth Speaker (Black) by twister6
- › Ray Samuels Emmeline "The Black Bird" SR-71A Portable... by Stereocilia
- › Aurorasound HEADA Balanced Headphone Amplifier by Currawong
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by bearcat1986
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2