I use nardis on Cafe Blue to really test bass on gear. That album and Modern Cool her two best. i have them all except maybe one . I been using her music since 1997 for gear testing.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohmstagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by Themorganlett85, 5/10/14
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 12/4/11
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA3tagged by System, 3/29/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 4/2/11More
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 8/27/10
- productWooAudio WA7 Firefliestagged by AudioMan612, 5/26/15
- productWoo Audio WEE electrostatic energizertagged by System, 3/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD650 & Schiit Valhalla Setup? Last post on 9/18/11 at 1:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an advice for setting up a closed, comfort, light weight full-size headphone set Last post on 5/24/11 at 6:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 3/8/16 at 10:20pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
I first used these as monitoring headphones for recording. They quickly moved out of my home studio and now I use them everywhere. I have one pair at home and one pair at work. I also take them...
The Good: Price/Quality ratio; Comfort; Bass quality/quantity; Musicality; Imaging. The Bad: Requires a powerful amplifier. Tonal Balance: V-Shaped Style: Circumaural semi-open. Cost: $250 at...
Xduoo X3 review : After two months of daily use, the Xduoo X3 give me already enough pleasure to make me want to share my enthusiast impressions about him to headfiers around the...
Coming from Sennheiser HD-600, 580s, Ety ER-4s, Fiio X1s, AKG 701s, Momentum 2.0s, etc. I didn't know exactly what to expect out of this headphones. They are, after all, Sonys. And Sony can build...
Review: Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone Touch Panel Control activated Introduction It was a brisk day in a suburb of Chicago, Illinois. I attended AXPONA, which is...
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1782post #26716 of 382487/26/13 at 7:24pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #26717 of 382487/26/13 at 7:24pmpost #26718 of 382487/26/13 at 7:26pmQuote:
Too busy to attend this year's show, maybe next year! I already have "Iron" that can power the HE-6 if I decide to skip the WA5. I have the G-22000 pushing 240 watts/channel and the SX-D7000 pushing 120 wpc at minimum.post #26719 of 382487/26/13 at 7:29pm
If I get the broad shouldered Yammo, you'll have to stop by for a listen!post #26720 of 382487/26/13 at 7:30pmQuote:
How many watts is that amp. Looks like a speaker amp onlypost #26721 of 382487/26/13 at 7:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by Frank I
Why would you say they are not the best if you have not heard them all. I don't know whats best but EAT not even being produced regular and there were issues with those tubes . WE is insanely priced and Kron may be good but I heard the EML 2A3 and Kron 2A3 and much preferred the EML. Royal Princess is made by Full music in China so not sure if they worth the asking price either but for me the EML are terrific tubes and I really have no interest in rolling the tubes because they sound so good. I dont get spastic with tube changes once I found a combo I lik, then they are what I stick with. I had a 6K CAT preamp and a CJ Premier 11A and used the same brand tubes for Nine years and was very happy. The combo I am using now in the amp is excellent and see no other reason to stay on the rolling binge. I just buy the tubes I will be using so i don't run out of them.
For the price of the Royal princess I can get two pairs of EML and have money left for more music or more Tungsol black glass tubes. besides without hearing every 300B who is to say what best and what one person thinks is the best may be another mans worst. It all so subjective with sound and audio.
What makes you think I have not heard them all? WE is the one I did not heard as I stated it cost more than WA5.
I may not owed WA5/LE but I can tell you I have WA5 in my possession longer than you and have tubes to roll too.post #26722 of 382487/26/13 at 7:32pmpost #26723 of 382487/26/13 at 7:33pmQuote:
But... I'm trying to make a "Short list" well, shorter. You're in expansion mode!post #26724 of 382487/26/13 at 7:36pmQuote:
Some of the christian Mcbride albums also sound brilliant on the WA2. Now there is a bass tester! Night train off the first album, have you heard it.
Silent one that amp is gorgeous! I do think the WA5 looks slightly nicer though but then again seeing it up close is a different story altogetherpost #26725 of 382487/26/13 at 7:36pmpost #26726 of 382487/26/13 at 7:36pm
Well then you dont need to buy any more tubes do you. Which one do you like /. You stated the royal princess do you have either and do you like them i for one am not interested in spending mor money on 300B tubes and will stick with the EML . Like I said earlier what may osund good to one person may be completely different to another but the EML tubes do sure sound good to me So how many do you have and what are your favorites?.post #26727 of 382487/26/13 at 7:38pmQuote:
i have ZDSE, WA22, a Grado (RS1i or PS1000), and maybe HE-6 + amp on my list. i must complete my headphone/amp wishlist by the end of next year. thats the goal.post #26728 of 382487/26/13 at 7:38pmpost #26729 of 382487/26/13 at 7:39pmQuote:
Company of Modern Cool is excellent to test bass.
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 4 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 8 seconds ago
- › FS: Philips Fidelio L1 headphones 9 seconds ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 49 seconds ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Official Head-Fi Houston Fourth-of-July Weekend Meet: Saturday -... 3 minutes ago
- › 👍DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, AK380, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1,... 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by selfdude
- › Cascadia Audio Talos by keanex
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by fjhuerta
- › Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone by moedawg140
- › ZhiYin Z2016 by crabdog
- › InEar StageDiver SD-4 (Small) by twister6
- › Stax SR-202 by snapacap
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Deftone
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Zen V2 by Aornic
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...