Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1781

post #26701 of 30786

Should I bring my WA22 and leave it to you so I can get a WA5?

post #26702 of 30786
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc9394 View Post

Should I bring my WA22 and leave it to you so I can get a WA5?

 

maybe tongue_smile.gif and maybe even a metal base GZ34 wink.gif

 

i have no interest in WA5 cause of pricy 300B, i wouldn't be tube rolling much, and i'd have to get doubles of all my rectifiers. 

post #26703 of 30786
I heard ya on spares and 300B is on a level that is not good for tube rolling.
post #26704 of 30786
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc9394 View Post

I heard ya on spares and 300B is on a level that is not good for tube rolling.

No need to tube roll the 300B just get a pair of EML and be done. 

post #26705 of 30786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank I View Post

No need to tube roll the 300B just get a pair of EML and be done. 

What about EAT and royal princess??? EML is good but not the best, let's leave the WE out for this since it cost more than the amp.
post #26706 of 30786
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc9394 View Post

 

you are evil...just like us...

 

EDIT, I need to plan a trip to Chicago to visit my parent company (I mean DG and Skylab)

dt880smile.png

 

And me, looking East to you as my brother. ksc75smile.gif

post #26707 of 30786
Quote:
Originally Posted by magiccabbage View Post

LCD3? Custom Glenn?

 

A custom "Glenn amp" later this autumn. Though, I may have to mix Cat food & Tuna to do it. rolleyes.gif My "2014" looks promising!

post #26708 of 30786
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc9394 View Post


What about EAT and royal princess??? EML is good but not the best, let's leave the WE out for this since it cost more than the amp.

Why would you say they are not the best if you have not heard them all. I don't know whats best but EAT not even being produced regular and there were issues with those tubes . WE is insanely priced and Kron may be good  but I heard the EML 2A3 and Kron 2A3 and much preferred the EML. Royal Princess is made by Full music in China so not sure if they worth the asking price either but for me the EML are terrific tubes and I really have no interest in rolling the tubes because they sound so good. I dont get spastic with tube changes once I found a combo I lik, then they are what I stick with.  I had a 6K CAT preamp and a CJ Premier 11A and used the same brand tubes for Nine years and was very happy. The combo I am using now in the amp is excellent and see no other reason to stay on the rolling binge. I just buy the tubes I will be using  so i don't run out of them.

 

For the price of  the Royal princess I can get two pairs of EML and have money left for more music or more Tungsol black glass tubes. besides without hearing every 300B who is to say what best and what one person thinks is the best may be another mans worst. It all so subjective with sound and audio.


Edited by Frank I - 7/26/13 at 7:11pm
post #26709 of 30786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

 

 

ooooh please keep us updated!!!

 

what are you looking at buying as far as headphones go? and if u don't get WA5? 

 

frown.gif On purchasing new cans, I'm not feeling too good. Normally, if one has cans/speakers first, can always tailor the amp requirements around them. In my case, I'm making the amp purchase first and that will influence what cans I follow up with.

 

And if I spend too much on the amp confused.gif Then NO new mad.gifcans. My short lists (subject to change over the weekend; not listed in order of preference):

 

Amps -

 

WooAudio WA5

Yamamoto A-09S

McIntosh MC-275

Mystery amp (Cat still in bag)

 

 

Cans -

 

HiFiMan HE-6

Foster TH-900

Stax (Older model)

post #26710 of 30786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

 

frown.gif On purchasing new cans, I'm not feeling too good. Normally, if one has cans/speakers first, can always tailor the amp requirements around them. In my case, I'm making the amp purchase first and that will influence what cans I follow up with.

 

And if I spend too much on the amp confused.gif Then NO new mad.gifcans. My short lists (subject to change over the weekend; not listed in order of preference):

 

Amps -

 

WooAudio WA5

Yamamoto A-09S

McIntosh MC-275

Mystery amp (Cat still in bag)

 

 

Cans -

 

HiFiMan HE-6

Foster TH-900

Stax (Older model)

 

what about ZDSE/TH-900 combo, i know thats on my list for next year! tongue_smile.gif

post #26711 of 30786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

 

what about ZDSE/TH-900 combo, i know thats on my list for next year! tongue_smile.gif

what, how many amps you buying? WA22 this year and then ZDSE next year. I cant keep up with that. Artists are poor than particle accelerator specialists! wink.gif

post #26712 of 30786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

 

frown.gif On purchasing new cans, I'm not feeling too good. Normally, if one has cans/speakers first, can always tailor the amp requirements around them. In my case, I'm making the amp purchase first and that will influence what cans I follow up with.

 

And if I spend too much on the amp confused.gif Then NO new mad.gifcans. My short lists (subject to change over the weekend; not listed in order of preference):

 

Amps -

 

WooAudio WA5

Yamamoto A-09S

McIntosh MC-275

Mystery amp (Cat still in bag)

 

 

Cans -

 

HiFiMan HE-6

Foster TH-900

Stax (Older model)

HE 6! nice and it will be interesting to see which beast will power those if you go for them,. You going to the California audio show?

post #26713 of 30786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank I View Post

No need to tube roll the 300B just get a pair of EML and be done. 


I agree. Be done with the rolling of tubes and enjoy the music. With that philosophy in mind a pair of 300Bs are a solid investment. Then you can spend your money on rolling headphones. One way or another, a good balance is the sound of music whether you roll tubes or not.

 

You can always search for the perfect spot in the park to lay your blanket down and have a great picnic. But until you've laid that blanket down and settled into having a great time in the park, you'll never eat.


Edited by Clayton SF - 7/26/13 at 7:17pm
post #26714 of 30786

I'm listening to Patricia barber on the WA2/T1 for the first time. Her stuff sounds amazing to say the least. Her first album is mighty!

post #26715 of 30786

She has MANY great albums.  And many of them are in hi res.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite