i liked the HE-500s out of a $5000 amp more than the Abyss out of a Liquid Gold......
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohmstagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by Themorganlett85, 5/10/14
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 12/4/11
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA3tagged by System, 3/29/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 4/2/11More
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 8/27/10
- productWooAudio WA7 Firefliestagged by AudioMan612, 5/26/15
- productWoo Audio WEE electrostatic energizertagged by System, 3/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD650 & Schiit Valhalla Setup? Last post on 9/18/11 at 1:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an advice for setting up a closed, comfort, light weight full-size headphone set Last post on 5/24/11 at 6:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 3/8/16 at 10:20pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
It is nearing two months since I was introduced to the original Monk earbuds by Venture Electronics. They left quite the impression on me and my views on price-to-performance ratio in audio...
T-PEOS RASIEL Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to T-PEOS for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/807332/t-peos-rasiel-review-by-mark2410 Brief: Finder X1...
The E5 is so close to being a giant killer but it has a few major flaws in my opinion. This is a technically oriented review. I like neutral sound signatures and bit perfect playback. I don't...
"Massdrop Blue Box - NuForce HEM IEMs" special drop pricing = $169.99*; Actual MSRP = $399.00 (I joined the drop on Massdrop and received the HEM6; LINK. You can find these and the other...
Hi All, I was given the chance to review the new Shozy Zero Rosewood earphones in exchange for just a small fee to cover the shipping. I received, as I'm sure some other reviewers did, an...
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1779post #26671 of 377617/22/13 at 8:15pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #26672 of 377617/22/13 at 8:18pmQuote:
They measure quite a bit better too. By JPS Labs logic, Fang should charge $6k for the HE-500s.post #26673 of 377617/22/13 at 8:21pmQuote:Nope, never heard of the abyss at all tbh so I never had the time to look it up etc.
It was on display so I tried it out for a few minutes and it sounded really good.
Then i asked for the price and the sales guy said $6000 and I was like -_-
This was literally 1-2 hours ago lol
Wow, are the he500s that good?
I've never tried any other planer magnetic headphones before other than short demos of the lcd2 and abyss.
It sounds completely different to my current setup, it might be because they're using this huge ass solid-state/dac combo.
Edited by Magiv9 - 7/22/13 at 8:32pmpost #26674 of 377617/22/13 at 9:23pmpost #26675 of 377617/22/13 at 11:38pm
Not for nothing-- but the W4S DAC 2 just got a massive upgrade. I haven't purchased it for mine yet, but there's a significant component upgrade, in addition to adding a DSD module. Upgrades run from $495 to $1250, and the flagship W4S DAC 2 new runs $2500.post #26676 of 377617/22/13 at 11:54pmpost #26677 of 377617/23/13 at 10:19ampost #26678 of 377617/24/13 at 7:58pmpost #26679 of 377617/24/13 at 8:35pmI'm still liking them. Very quiet non microphonic tube. The mids are a little recessed from what I'm used to, leading to what I'm calling the sterile signature. Bass is strong and deep. Brass and male vocals are a standout for the tube. They are a poor match with the GEC ( too dark) but a good match IMHO with the 7236. They are not special enough to pay more than the $9ea shipped they can be had for....but interesting to look at and a nice part of a growing soviet tube collection.post #26680 of 377617/24/13 at 9:51pmManaged to acquire a GEC A1834 curved brown base and am now listening with HD800 to Tiger Okoshi's Echos of a Note. So far it seems very well balanced spectrally with a great three dimensionality to the music.post #26681 of 377617/25/13 at 4:40ampost #26682 of 377617/25/13 at 6:09ampost #26683 of 377617/26/13 at 7:19ampost #26684 of 377617/26/13 at 7:22amQuote:
will you be selling any??
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 19 seconds ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 1 minute ago
- › Luxury and Precision - Crowdfunding Promotion on the L3 Digital... 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 4 minutes ago
- › What will the new DX200 look like? Dec 23, new images on page 1. 5 minutes ago
- › Mee Audio X7 Plus Bluetooth Headphones Review 6 minutes ago
- › Aune M2 32BIT/DSD Portable music Player 7 minutes ago
- › Aune M2 8 minutes ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 8 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by Aornic
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by mark2410
- › Sound Blaster E5 - 24-bit/192kHz High-Resolution USB DAC &... by vapman
- › NuForce HEM6 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Triple... by Hi-Fi EDU
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by jant71
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by BloodyPenguin
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by glennkresge
- › Unique Melody Miracle V2 Universal six driver in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by MMansell
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by stweb
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...