i liked the HE-500s out of a $5000 amp more than the Abyss out of a Liquid Gold......
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohmstagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by Themorganlett85, 5/10/14
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 12/4/11
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA3tagged by System, 3/29/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 4/2/11More
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 8/27/10
- productWooAudio WA7 Firefliestagged by AudioMan612, 5/26/15
- productWoo Audio WEE electrostatic energizertagged by System, 3/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD650 & Schiit Valhalla Setup? Last post on 9/18/11 at 1:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an advice for setting up a closed, comfort, light weight full-size headphone set Last post on 5/24/11 at 6:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 3/8/16 at 10:20pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
Background It’s safe to say that Massdrop has played a decent role in both introducing new products to the headphone community while highlighting others through their group-purchase...
Introduction – The original d900 from Syllable made quite a splash when it first arrived on the market. It was one of the very first fully wireless earphones ever produced. Furthermore, it was...
The Fiio E12A Mont Blanc portable headphone amplifier is a great amp for IEM's and earbuds. The sound signature is slightly on the warm side, and presents a much fuller sound and wider...
**Disclaimer: I received the M3 from FiiO in return for my honest review** I have been watching FiiO's product line-up for quite some time. I've played with the X1 DAP owned by a friend and...
At the time this review was written the iBasso D14 Bushmaster DAC/Amplifier was for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to iBasso’s product page display, and also a listing on Penon...
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1779post #26671 of 384407/22/13 at 8:15pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #26672 of 384407/22/13 at 8:18pmQuote:
They measure quite a bit better too. By JPS Labs logic, Fang should charge $6k for the HE-500s.post #26673 of 384407/22/13 at 8:21pmQuote:Nope, never heard of the abyss at all tbh so I never had the time to look it up etc.
It was on display so I tried it out for a few minutes and it sounded really good.
Then i asked for the price and the sales guy said $6000 and I was like -_-
This was literally 1-2 hours ago lol
Wow, are the he500s that good?
I've never tried any other planer magnetic headphones before other than short demos of the lcd2 and abyss.
It sounds completely different to my current setup, it might be because they're using this huge ass solid-state/dac combo.
Edited by Magiv9 - 7/22/13 at 8:32pmpost #26674 of 384407/22/13 at 9:23pmpost #26675 of 384407/22/13 at 11:38pm
Not for nothing-- but the W4S DAC 2 just got a massive upgrade. I haven't purchased it for mine yet, but there's a significant component upgrade, in addition to adding a DSD module. Upgrades run from $495 to $1250, and the flagship W4S DAC 2 new runs $2500.post #26676 of 384407/22/13 at 11:54pmpost #26677 of 384407/23/13 at 10:19ampost #26678 of 384407/24/13 at 7:58pmpost #26679 of 384407/24/13 at 8:35pmI'm still liking them. Very quiet non microphonic tube. The mids are a little recessed from what I'm used to, leading to what I'm calling the sterile signature. Bass is strong and deep. Brass and male vocals are a standout for the tube. They are a poor match with the GEC ( too dark) but a good match IMHO with the 7236. They are not special enough to pay more than the $9ea shipped they can be had for....but interesting to look at and a nice part of a growing soviet tube collection.post #26680 of 384407/24/13 at 9:51pmManaged to acquire a GEC A1834 curved brown base and am now listening with HD800 to Tiger Okoshi's Echos of a Note. So far it seems very well balanced spectrally with a great three dimensionality to the music.post #26681 of 384407/25/13 at 4:40ampost #26682 of 384407/25/13 at 6:09ampost #26683 of 384407/26/13 at 7:19ampost #26684 of 384407/26/13 at 7:22amQuote:
will you be selling any??
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › V-MODA CROSSFADE WIRELESS: Exclusive Preview, Videos,... 18 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 39 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › TTVJ Slim Portable Headphone Amplifier (non DAC) 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit we'd like to see 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 5 minutes ago
- › Seattle Red Hook Meet July 30, 2016 6 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 7 minutes ago
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by Jeremypsp
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by twister6
- › LZ-A2S by peter123
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...