i liked the HE-500s out of a $5000 amp more than the Abyss out of a Liquid Gold......
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by Themorganlett85, 5/10/14
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 12/4/11
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA3tagged by System, 3/29/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 8/27/10
- productWoo Audio WEE electrostatic energizertagged by System, 3/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 10/1/10 at 6:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HD800 + $1,000-$2,500 Amp = Sonic Bliss? Last post on 7/17/14 at 1:10am in High-end Audio Forum
- Need an advice for setting up a closed, comfort, light weight full-size headphone set Last post on 5/24/11 at 6:29am in Headphones (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 7/10/14
The HD600 is a pair of excellent sounding cans. They have a balanced, natural sound and the soundstage is remarkably large. I can hear all sorts of sounds while listening to these cans and I can...
Before I begin, I’d like to thank shotgunshane for the opportunity to review these new headphones. My first experience with Brainwavz was when I picked up their M4 a couple of years ago. I was...
I have used this amp for about a year now, and I must say it has served me well. POWER Through many different headphones, the FiiO E09K hasn't skipped a beat, and has driven everything from...
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1779
Gear mentioned in this thread:
They measure quite a bit better too. By JPS Labs logic, Fang should charge $6k for the HE-500s.
It was on display so I tried it out for a few minutes and it sounded really good.
Then i asked for the price and the sales guy said $6000 and I was like -_-
This was literally 1-2 hours ago lol
Wow, are the he500s that good?
I've never tried any other planer magnetic headphones before other than short demos of the lcd2 and abyss.
It sounds completely different to my current setup, it might be because they're using this huge ass solid-state/dac combo.
Edited by Magiv9 - 7/22/13 at 8:32pm
Not for nothing-- but the W4S DAC 2 just got a massive upgrade. I haven't purchased it for mine yet, but there's a significant component upgrade, in addition to adding a DSD module. Upgrades run from $495 to $1250, and the flagship W4S DAC 2 new runs $2500.
Has anyone used the Hytron 5U4G.They look like sylvan and similar to RCA 5U4G. I picked uptwo matched pairs for like 53.00 so hope they sound good.
will you be selling any??
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 19 seconds ago
- › FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made... 28 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 37 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 or 700 from the M50 50 seconds ago
- › Reply to some bugs of X3’s new firmware and new function... 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 or 700 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Modi USB DAC 1 minute ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 1 minute ago
- › Best headphone voting 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by freedom04
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ZapX629
- › FiiO E09K by MacroPower
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)