i liked the HE-500s out of a $5000 amp more than the Abyss out of a Liquid Gold......
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohmstagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by Themorganlett85, 5/10/14
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 12/4/11
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA3tagged by System, 3/29/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 4/2/11More
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 8/27/10
- productWooAudio WA7 Firefliestagged by AudioMan612, 5/26/15
- productWoo Audio WEE electrostatic energizertagged by System, 3/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD650 & Schiit Valhalla Setup? Last post on 9/18/11 at 1:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an advice for setting up a closed, comfort, light weight full-size headphone set Last post on 5/24/11 at 6:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 3/8/16 at 10:20pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
Budget audiophile brand Brainwavz Audio is back at it, closing out 2016 and kicking off 2017 with a bevy of new earphone offerings. Their timing was just right. Shortly before leaving for an...
Great lil on-ear headphone but a lil bit uncomfortable on ear. Not for someone who loves heavy bass but good for seeking clarity ;) My opinion, my first AKG product. Tried the AKG Y50 but to me,...
In Ears Prophile 8 IEM review January 2017 Intro I had heard of In Ears but did not know too much about them until I see them on the In-Ear stand at the Indulgence show in London...
MrZ's Toneking Musicmaker TingThe review that swayed me to get on-boardhttp://www.head-fi.org/products/musicmaker-ting/reviews/15584The slightly down-line 1/2 price...
Shozy has kindly provided me a review unit in exchange for the honest opinion. They are in active use for about 6 months. I should first note that my experience with IEM is a bit limited by now, so...
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1779post #26671 of 391597/22/13 at 8:15pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #26672 of 391597/22/13 at 8:18pmQuote:
They measure quite a bit better too. By JPS Labs logic, Fang should charge $6k for the HE-500s.post #26673 of 391597/22/13 at 8:21pmQuote:Nope, never heard of the abyss at all tbh so I never had the time to look it up etc.
It was on display so I tried it out for a few minutes and it sounded really good.
Then i asked for the price and the sales guy said $6000 and I was like -_-
This was literally 1-2 hours ago lol
Wow, are the he500s that good?
I've never tried any other planer magnetic headphones before other than short demos of the lcd2 and abyss.
It sounds completely different to my current setup, it might be because they're using this huge ass solid-state/dac combo.
Edited by Magiv9 - 7/22/13 at 8:32pmpost #26674 of 391597/22/13 at 9:23pmpost #26675 of 391597/22/13 at 11:38pm
Not for nothing-- but the W4S DAC 2 just got a massive upgrade. I haven't purchased it for mine yet, but there's a significant component upgrade, in addition to adding a DSD module. Upgrades run from $495 to $1250, and the flagship W4S DAC 2 new runs $2500.post #26676 of 391597/22/13 at 11:54pmpost #26677 of 391597/23/13 at 10:19ampost #26678 of 391597/24/13 at 7:58pmpost #26679 of 391597/24/13 at 8:35pmI'm still liking them. Very quiet non microphonic tube. The mids are a little recessed from what I'm used to, leading to what I'm calling the sterile signature. Bass is strong and deep. Brass and male vocals are a standout for the tube. They are a poor match with the GEC ( too dark) but a good match IMHO with the 7236. They are not special enough to pay more than the $9ea shipped they can be had for....but interesting to look at and a nice part of a growing soviet tube collection.post #26680 of 391597/24/13 at 9:51pmManaged to acquire a GEC A1834 curved brown base and am now listening with HD800 to Tiger Okoshi's Echos of a Note. So far it seems very well balanced spectrally with a great three dimensionality to the music.post #26681 of 391597/25/13 at 4:40ampost #26682 of 391597/25/13 at 6:09ampost #26683 of 391597/26/13 at 7:19ampost #26684 of 391597/26/13 at 7:22amQuote:
will you be selling any??
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › help me buy a DAP 2 seconds ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 33 seconds ago
- › Need help finding isolating headphones 36 seconds ago
- › vibro veritas, measuring our IEMs like a pro with amateur budget. 37 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Trying to replace 3.5mm connector. Do you know which electrical... 1 minute ago
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds 1 minute ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 1 minute ago
- › All same price. For sound quality choose one - Fiios X5 or iBasso... 2 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by SoundApprentice
- › AKG K403 by IkuMiku96
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by FortisFlyer75
- › MusicMaker Ting by Redcarmoose
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mgunin
- › Empire Ears Zeus by EagleWings
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by snapacap
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear