i liked the HE-500s out of a $5000 amp more than the Abyss out of a Liquid Gold......
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohmstagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by Themorganlett85, 5/10/14
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 12/4/11
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA3tagged by System, 3/29/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 4/2/11More
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 8/27/10
- productWooAudio WA7 Firefliestagged by AudioMan612, 5/26/15
- productWoo Audio WEE electrostatic energizertagged by System, 3/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD650 & Schiit Valhalla Setup? Last post on 9/18/11 at 1:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an advice for setting up a closed, comfort, light weight full-size headphone set Last post on 5/24/11 at 6:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 10/1/10 at 6:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/6/15
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Noontec for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer website link:...
Preamble: Hi guys, I'm a budding audio-appreciator since starting on this journey about a year and a half ago. I just have average ears that like to listen to slightly above average music and so...
Intro Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Pandora at Brainwavz for providing the review sample of the Brainwavz S3 you see in this review. Please note that I am neither affiliated...
Introduction First of all, I would like to thank Aune (@AuneAudio) for giving me the opportunity to review their unit. This is the link to the relevant head-fi thread:...
INTRO:- Since last year, Fidue a Chinese earphone manufacturer has been raising its head with some hard to look through earphones. They have close to 10-12 earphones but a triple driver...
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1779post #26671 of 355237/22/13 at 8:15pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #26672 of 355237/22/13 at 8:18pmQuote:
They measure quite a bit better too. By JPS Labs logic, Fang should charge $6k for the HE-500s.post #26673 of 355237/22/13 at 8:21pmQuote:Nope, never heard of the abyss at all tbh so I never had the time to look it up etc.
It was on display so I tried it out for a few minutes and it sounded really good.
Then i asked for the price and the sales guy said $6000 and I was like -_-
This was literally 1-2 hours ago lol
Wow, are the he500s that good?
I've never tried any other planer magnetic headphones before other than short demos of the lcd2 and abyss.
It sounds completely different to my current setup, it might be because they're using this huge ass solid-state/dac combo.
Edited by Magiv9 - 7/22/13 at 8:32pmpost #26674 of 355237/22/13 at 9:23pmpost #26675 of 355237/22/13 at 11:38pm
Not for nothing-- but the W4S DAC 2 just got a massive upgrade. I haven't purchased it for mine yet, but there's a significant component upgrade, in addition to adding a DSD module. Upgrades run from $495 to $1250, and the flagship W4S DAC 2 new runs $2500.post #26676 of 355237/22/13 at 11:54pmpost #26677 of 355237/23/13 at 10:19ampost #26678 of 355237/24/13 at 7:58pmpost #26679 of 355237/24/13 at 8:35pmI'm still liking them. Very quiet non microphonic tube. The mids are a little recessed from what I'm used to, leading to what I'm calling the sterile signature. Bass is strong and deep. Brass and male vocals are a standout for the tube. They are a poor match with the GEC ( too dark) but a good match IMHO with the 7236. They are not special enough to pay more than the $9ea shipped they can be had for....but interesting to look at and a nice part of a growing soviet tube collection.post #26680 of 355237/24/13 at 9:51pmManaged to acquire a GEC A1834 curved brown base and am now listening with HD800 to Tiger Okoshi's Echos of a Note. So far it seems very well balanced spectrally with a great three dimensionality to the music.post #26681 of 355237/25/13 at 4:40ampost #26682 of 355237/25/13 at 6:09ampost #26683 of 355237/26/13 at 7:19ampost #26684 of 355237/26/13 at 7:22amQuote:
will you be selling any??
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011) 25 seconds ago
- › Rhapsodio - An overlooked brand of nice IEMs 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH 840's, modified to be light & comfortable! 3 minutes ago
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon Now Available 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Fire and Save Matches! Bifrost Multibit is Here. 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 First Gen with Dignis Leather Case 4 minutes ago
- › Noontec Wireless Headphones ZORO II Wireless Hi-Fi Bluetooth On-Ear... by twister6
- › RHA T20 by RedTwilight
- › Brainwavz S3 by thatBeatsguy
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier by GioF71
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by suman134
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by nmatheis
- › Philips SHE3905BK/27 In-Ear Headphones with Mic, Black by Whitigir
- › Music Hall de-be Portable Headphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by mark2410
- › Fostex TE-07 by HiFiChris
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2