Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohmstagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by Themorganlett85, 5/10/14
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 12/4/11
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA3tagged by System, 3/29/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 4/2/11More
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 8/27/10
- productWooAudio WA7 Firefliestagged by AudioMan612, 5/26/15
- productWoo Audio WEE electrostatic energizertagged by System, 3/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD650 & Schiit Valhalla Setup? Last post on 9/18/11 at 1:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an advice for setting up a closed, comfort, light weight full-size headphone set Last post on 5/24/11 at 6:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 10/1/10 at 6:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 6/30/15
Eddie Current's Zana Deux reviewed... Pre-amble - the Zana Deux original vs the new Zana Deux Super... - There are two versions of this tube amplifier. Both are output transformerless (OTL)...
This review will cover the X5ii, comparing it to the Pono player and the original X5. I have a Pono in my possession now. I unfortunately sold my original X5 prior to receiving the review sample,...
Alright, so I am not an audiophile by any means, my entire experience of headphelia is just using cheap IEMs but after trying some expensive beats, I knew I needed something more. And if your like...
This is a review of Audeze EL-8C closed back planar magnetic full size headphones: https://www.audeze.com/products/el-8-collection/el-8-closed-back, with a bonus review of Audeze Deckard desktop...
Preface: Nothing too technical here; just wanted to give my impression as someone that had to "downgrade" from the HE-400's recently and has tried dozens of full-sized cans. I have had these things...
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1774post #26596 of 343227/19/13 at 3:39pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #26597 of 343227/19/13 at 4:11pmpost #26598 of 343227/19/13 at 4:37pm
another note. my WA2 is actually driving these quite well (with GEC 6AS7G). they're sensitive enough that they get loud enough before they clip. looks like i can't get them insanely loud, but enough to listen at a decent level with most tracks.post #26599 of 343227/19/13 at 5:28pmpost #26600 of 343227/19/13 at 6:35pmpost #26601 of 343227/19/13 at 6:36pm
these are burning in fast, the treble is already non fatiguing and the mids came out slightly.
i found that like the LCD-2, the best tube combo so far on WA6-SE is the mighty 596 and 6FD7 (6GL7 kinda bright with these), so good with TH-900.....post #26602 of 343227/19/13 at 6:40pmpost #26603 of 343227/19/13 at 6:41pmQuote:
Give them about 50-75 hours. Simply amazing headphones that I finally don't feel that I have to sacrifice sound quality when listening to closed headphones.post #26604 of 343227/19/13 at 6:42pmQuote:
also i'm putting my LCD-2 up for sale right now so i can buy LCD-3! i hope they sound ok out of WA6-SEpost #26605 of 343227/19/13 at 6:45pmQuote:
Congrats! The LCD-3s are my favourite headphones next to the SR009s. You should be all set!post #26606 of 343227/19/13 at 6:51pmQuote:
That statement could very well have me up all night... either staring in to space, an empty wallet or both.post #26607 of 343227/19/13 at 6:53pmQuote:
only thing missing will be a better DAC, which will come later this year...post #26608 of 343227/19/13 at 7:02pmQuote:
Have you started looking at DACs? I'm starting to research now, soooooo much jargon >< At the moment, easiest way to research is to lookup MacedonianHero's profile and google DACs he's had :P I'm pretty much going to have a similar setup to him, LCD-3s, GS-X mk2 (soon hopefully!) and yeh, need a DAC after that...
Woops didn't mean to derail this thread, carry on :Dpost #26609 of 343227/19/13 at 7:09pm
Put some nice 6F8G tungsol tubes in the WA5 today and very happy with the tube. Sounds as good or maybe even better than the Tungsol 6sn7 black glass round plates. Glad I picjed up the Quad. Made in 1942 for IS Army Signal Cprp so these tubes have some history to them as they were used in the Army radios during the war. great stuff.post #26610 of 343227/19/13 at 7:12pm
yeah as far as dac's go. i'm looking at mytek, nad, and w4s right now. not sure which one i'm gonna get. also something new might pop up later this year.
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Three Word Story 54 seconds ago
- › [FS] Sennheiser G4ME ONE PC gaming headset new in box! 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Pure Music Version 2 User Manual 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 3 minutes ago
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A17 5 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 6 minutes ago
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux SE by mikoss
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by krishtrinity1
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by RedJohn456
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by nmatheis
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3