Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohmstagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by Themorganlett85, 5/10/14
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 12/4/11
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA3tagged by System, 3/29/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 4/2/11More
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 8/27/10
- productWooAudio WA7 Firefliestagged by AudioMan612, 5/26/15
- productWoo Audio WEE electrostatic energizertagged by System, 3/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD650 & Schiit Valhalla Setup? Last post on 9/18/11 at 1:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an advice for setting up a closed, comfort, light weight full-size headphone set Last post on 5/24/11 at 6:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 3/8/16 at 10:20pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
-Introduction- The last encounter I had with Advanced Sound was a decent while ago, right around the release of their first IEM, the M4. That was their freshmen release, and...
All instruments come to live with pm1, crystal clear and smooth at the same time. Pm1 made my Sennheiser hd650 and Grado reference 1 sound harsh and incomplete. I had some time to listen to hd800...
The Fiil Diva headphone is probably one of the most intuitive headphones south of $200. They have features that make them almost 3-4 headphones in one, currently they can be had for about $129 on...
Recently My Noble 5 developed a rattle on the left side, so I sent them back to Noble, in return they upgraded me to the Dulce Bass, I've had these for 3 days now and let me tell you what a step up...
My first Head-Fi review. Pledged for these on Kickstarter this year. I own full range electrostatic speakers (Acoustat 3) and electret headphones (Audio Technica AT706). The Mitchell & Johnson...
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1774post #26596 of 388797/19/13 at 3:39pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #26597 of 388797/19/13 at 4:11pmpost #26598 of 388797/19/13 at 4:37pm
another note. my WA2 is actually driving these quite well (with GEC 6AS7G). they're sensitive enough that they get loud enough before they clip. looks like i can't get them insanely loud, but enough to listen at a decent level with most tracks.post #26599 of 388797/19/13 at 5:28pmpost #26600 of 388797/19/13 at 6:35pmpost #26601 of 388797/19/13 at 6:36pm
these are burning in fast, the treble is already non fatiguing and the mids came out slightly.
i found that like the LCD-2, the best tube combo so far on WA6-SE is the mighty 596 and 6FD7 (6GL7 kinda bright with these), so good with TH-900.....post #26602 of 388797/19/13 at 6:40pmpost #26603 of 388797/19/13 at 6:41pmQuote:
Give them about 50-75 hours. Simply amazing headphones that I finally don't feel that I have to sacrifice sound quality when listening to closed headphones.post #26604 of 388797/19/13 at 6:42pmQuote:
also i'm putting my LCD-2 up for sale right now so i can buy LCD-3! i hope they sound ok out of WA6-SEpost #26605 of 388797/19/13 at 6:45pmQuote:
Congrats! The LCD-3s are my favourite headphones next to the SR009s. You should be all set!post #26606 of 388797/19/13 at 6:51pmQuote:
That statement could very well have me up all night... either staring in to space, an empty wallet or both.post #26607 of 388797/19/13 at 6:53pmQuote:
only thing missing will be a better DAC, which will come later this year...post #26608 of 388797/19/13 at 7:02pmQuote:
Have you started looking at DACs? I'm starting to research now, soooooo much jargon >< At the moment, easiest way to research is to lookup MacedonianHero's profile and google DACs he's had :P I'm pretty much going to have a similar setup to him, LCD-3s, GS-X mk2 (soon hopefully!) and yeh, need a DAC after that...
Woops didn't mean to derail this thread, carry on :Dpost #26609 of 388797/19/13 at 7:09pm
Put some nice 6F8G tungsol tubes in the WA5 today and very happy with the tube. Sounds as good or maybe even better than the Tungsol 6sn7 black glass round plates. Glad I picjed up the Quad. Made in 1942 for IS Army Signal Cprp so these tubes have some history to them as they were used in the Army radios during the war. great stuff.post #26610 of 388797/19/13 at 7:12pm
yeah as far as dac's go. i'm looking at mytek, nad, and w4s right now. not sure which one i'm gonna get. also something new might pop up later this year.
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › IBasso Audio IT03 2 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 3 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo in Mint Condition 8 minutes ago
- › Schiit Fire and Save Matches! Bifrost Multibit is Here. 8 minutes ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 9 minutes ago
- › Under $30 ear buds or headphones to use with my smartphone. 10 minutes ago
- › Jomo Audio Jomo4 by Zelda
- › Advanced Sound by Cinder
- › OPPO PM-1 by Sam 88
- › Fiil Diva Bluetooth, Noise Cancelling Headphones by Tom22
- › Noble Audio Dulce Bass UIEM by darober2
- › Mitchell & Johnson Electrostatz (GL2) Kickstarter Edition -... by barondla
- › 3.14 MR3 Music Headphones, BA Balanced Armature Headphones with 3... by Brooko
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Jackpot77
- › Philips SHP9500 by reikoshea
- › Fostex T50RP MK3 Professional Studio Headphones, Semi-Open by reikoshea
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...