Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohmstagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by Themorganlett85, 5/10/14
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 12/4/11
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA3tagged by System, 3/29/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 4/2/11More
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 8/27/10
- productWoo Audio WEE electrostatic energizertagged by System, 3/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD650 & Schiit Valhalla Setup? Last post on 9/18/11 at 1:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an advice for setting up a closed, comfort, light weight full-size headphone set Last post on 5/24/11 at 6:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 10/1/10 at 6:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 4/13/15
Introduction Over the past year, Audiofly released their "Performance" range of IEMs, designed by musicians as stage monitors. A while back I had a chance to sample the top of the range AF180 and...
My wife returned from two weeks in Japan today. While I was glad to see her after time apart, and excited to have her back, a part of me was more excited about what she had brought with her: my...
I bought this headphone amp after having met Ray Samuels at a Headphone show. He made it absolutely clear how much he valued over-engineering his pieces and how much he prioritized long term...
I use this Headphone amp with my V-Moda M-100's. The 100's are just too "dark" without something to mitigate on the top octave's behalf. The OLED display is bright clean and easy to read. (A...
Build, Overall Usage: I have Sennheiser RS 130 for over 8 years now (and still lasting!) which says enough about their durability, and which is the most thing fascinating for me, I haven't...
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1774post #26596 of 335937/19/13 at 3:39pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #26597 of 335937/19/13 at 4:11pmpost #26598 of 335937/19/13 at 4:37pm
another note. my WA2 is actually driving these quite well (with GEC 6AS7G). they're sensitive enough that they get loud enough before they clip. looks like i can't get them insanely loud, but enough to listen at a decent level with most tracks.post #26599 of 335937/19/13 at 5:28pmpost #26600 of 335937/19/13 at 6:35pmpost #26601 of 335937/19/13 at 6:36pm
these are burning in fast, the treble is already non fatiguing and the mids came out slightly.
i found that like the LCD-2, the best tube combo so far on WA6-SE is the mighty 596 and 6FD7 (6GL7 kinda bright with these), so good with TH-900.....post #26602 of 335937/19/13 at 6:40pmpost #26603 of 335937/19/13 at 6:41pmQuote:
Give them about 50-75 hours. Simply amazing headphones that I finally don't feel that I have to sacrifice sound quality when listening to closed headphones.post #26604 of 335937/19/13 at 6:42pmQuote:
also i'm putting my LCD-2 up for sale right now so i can buy LCD-3! i hope they sound ok out of WA6-SEpost #26605 of 335937/19/13 at 6:45pmQuote:
Congrats! The LCD-3s are my favourite headphones next to the SR009s. You should be all set!post #26606 of 335937/19/13 at 6:51pmQuote:
That statement could very well have me up all night... either staring in to space, an empty wallet or both.post #26607 of 335937/19/13 at 6:53pmQuote:
only thing missing will be a better DAC, which will come later this year...post #26608 of 335937/19/13 at 7:02pmQuote:
Have you started looking at DACs? I'm starting to research now, soooooo much jargon >< At the moment, easiest way to research is to lookup MacedonianHero's profile and google DACs he's had :P I'm pretty much going to have a similar setup to him, LCD-3s, GS-X mk2 (soon hopefully!) and yeh, need a DAC after that...
Woops didn't mean to derail this thread, carry on :Dpost #26609 of 335937/19/13 at 7:09pm
Put some nice 6F8G tungsol tubes in the WA5 today and very happy with the tube. Sounds as good or maybe even better than the Tungsol 6sn7 black glass round plates. Glad I picjed up the Quad. Made in 1942 for IS Army Signal Cprp so these tubes have some history to them as they were used in the Army radios during the war. great stuff.post #26610 of 335937/19/13 at 7:12pm
yeah as far as dac's go. i'm looking at mytek, nad, and w4s right now. not sure which one i'm gonna get. also something new might pop up later this year.
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 1 second ago
- › Headphones for under 300€ 25 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 27 seconds ago
- › In search for a flexible solution... (home, work and on the fly) 49 seconds ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z connected to external DAC. 2 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 3 minutes ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 5 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 8 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 8 minutes ago
- › Aequus new Fostex T50RP 3d printed / wodden faceplate customizable... 8 minutes ago
- › Audiofly AF120 In-Ear Headphones by Woodhouse
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by hakushondaimao
- › Ray Samuels P-51 Mustang by Zennheiser
- › FiiO E17 by Zennheiser
- › Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones by Tail
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › OPPO HA-2 by gerelmx1986
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by peareye
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2